[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gender Therapy thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

Therapy stories? I'll start
>Be at therapist, haven't seen her in 2 weeks or so
Telling her that I can't go away without thinking about trans stuff, tell her every time I find myself almost happy and have my mind off of it, something "triggers" me, like seeing a reflection or a cis female and comparing myself
>Tells me I will pass if I try becouse I'm Andro, which makes me feel amazing even though I don't really believe it 100%
>Go through an excercise of drawing a 'men' and 'women' thing on white board
>We list traits in each side based on what being male and female means to me, and society
>At the end, pick the ones I would want to represent myself
>Tells me gender is a social construct, and that what it means to be a woman changes in cultures
>Kinda feel like maybe all that Tumblr stuff might actually be true, and that you all are a bunch of bitter Hons

Overall, everything we talk about feels redundant, but the expirimenting here have been pretty good and has helped alot.

Anyone got some wierd stories to share?
>>
>>8536212
>Tells me gender is a social construct, and that what it means to be a woman changes in cultures

This part is true. By the 22nd century, people will remember trans exclusion the same way we remember segregation. Womanhood will be just as easily available to AMABs as it is to AFABs, and they probably won't use those terms anymore.
>>
File: 1474142330150.png (3KB, 140x141px) Image search: [Google]
1474142330150.png
3KB, 140x141px
>be me, born male and in early 20's, present more non-binary.
>androgynous soft facial features and expensive laser and electrolysis facial hair removal done for almost a year
>be at local burger place with some friends
>while getting napkins, hear gruff voice from a table behind me, "is that a boy or a girl? looks like a freak without the c"
>don't even know what that means
>don't say anything, walk back to table and sit down
>can see who said it from across the restaurant, looked like two older creepy truck drivers

i talked about it with my friends when i got back to our table that was out of ear shot. eventually came to the conclusion that how i feel about myself is more important than what someone else feels about me. at first i did feel really mad, although i didn't say anything or make any eye contact with the table. one of my friends even laughed at the idea that i could have said something like "actually i'm male, but you're not my type." anyone have similar experiences they want to share?
>>
File: 1497322349658.png (10KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497322349658.png
10KB, 370x320px
>>8536234
>looks like a freak without the c
>>
>>8536212
>>Tells me gender is a social construct, and that what it means to be a woman changes in cultures

yeah, now please give me a culture where I would fit as a woman while looking nothing like one and being used to male socialization

this rhetoric is practically useless whether you buy into it or not
>>
>>8536256
It of course doesnt mean that. We still must abide the rules of society. What is important to take away from that is what womanhood (or any genderhood) is all about - being true to yourself and expressing and acting in whatever way makes you happy.

>>8536234
>>8536251
my best guess is 'she is a woman without a cunt'?
>>
File: 1474095111377.jpg (42KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
1474095111377.jpg
42KB, 680x684px
>>8536284
>>8536251

after i got to the table i was thinking that the c stood for that, too. just made me feel uneasy, and it's certainly not the first time i've heard things like this. i was just wondering if some of you have gone through similar experiences. if so, how did you go about sorting the situation out? i obviously didn't react, as no one said anything directly to me. someone has approached me at a public transit stop before, and said some disturbing things, and i've had to get up and move. even when i got on the train, they sat next to me and continued to harass me, so i told him to stay away from me and i got up and moved to another seat.
>>
>>8536284
> being true to yourself and expressing and acting in whatever way makes you happy.

That is some common place mumbling that shows lack of understanding what being trans is. You don't want to fight gender norms, you feel belonging to the other gender/sex and consciously and unconsciously want to be it physically and socially too. You have deeply rooted need to be accepted as the gender you feel you are (and that is true for cis people as well) not as some special case.
Trying to convince yourself that it's society fault for not letting you wear a dress cause were born a man doesn't help with dysphoria.
>>
>>8536389
>That is some common place mumbling that shows lack of understanding what being trans is.

not every tg person is going to have the same experience, and your 'understanding what being trans is' doesn't define the actual experience of being transgender.

you should speak from experience rather than trying to speak the truth of what you think is correct.
>>
>>8536389
Speak for yourself.

>and that is true for cis people as well
[citation needed]
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.