[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Degenerate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

File: RUPAULS-DRAG-RACE.jpg (277KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RUPAULS-DRAG-RACE.jpg
277KB, 2000x1000px
Honest opinion on this show/Drag in general?

Normie guilty pleasure of mine. I admire the artistry that goes into professional drag. Some of these men are more feminine than most women I know.
>>
>>8534778
It's fun, and it pisses the whole "everything i don't like is degenerate" crowd on here so it's doubly good.
>>
>>8534778
It's basicly a minstrel show.
>>
>>8534778
ehh, it's fun. I think drag performers can sometimes fall into "toxic gay masculinity" territory for lack of better terms, in that they outright mock women sometimes, but the show itself is fun.

what worries me is that people think it's an accurate representation of transgender people.
>>
>>8535204
>in that they outright mock women sometimes
Something trannies could learn from.
>>
>>8534778
I dislike it because I dislike drag on general.
>>
>>8535265
How come?
>>
>>8535200
Good
>>
>>8535265
Hon alert
>>
>>8535186
Its not degenerate, its just trash
>>
Drag is fucking gay and just trash. Seriously don't get the appeal. It just bores me.
>>
i think its fucking obnoxious and annoying i've only ever met andophilic afabs who like it so
>>
>>8534778
It makes normies think that being trans is about looking like retarded monsters and attention whoring.
>>
You can tell who's an ugly hon by their visceral reaction to the show LOL
>>
>>8535204
People not understand the difference between drag and transexuals isn't an issue about drag. It's an issue about idiots.
>>
You can tell who's an ugly drag by their visceral reaction to the comments bashing it LOL
>>
>>8534778
it's fun, entertaining, each contestant genuinely respect & like each other, and bring more queerness into the home of everybody, regardless of their sexuality
only bitter humorless turboretards don't like it
>>
>tfw someone proves your point trying to be passive aggressive

>>8537238
Right, it's an issue with T's tolerating a bunch of ugly chrischan tier people walking around because of 'acceptance'. But they want to blame drag because it's fun and their lives are miserable, what can you do~
>>
File: I_FOUND_A_REAL_WEIRDO.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
I_FOUND_A_REAL_WEIRDO.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>the mad drag uggo
>>
File: Cuca.gif (1MB, 144x144px) Image search: [Google]
Cuca.gif
1MB, 144x144px
>>8537250
>ugly chrischan tier people

mfw
>>
Stereotyping gays and gay culture. But then again gays love being typical.
>>
>straights make a show about being retards that party all the time
>no one complains
>gays make a show about drag art
>UGHHHHHHHH STEREOTYPESSSSSSS
lgbtqiaa+ trash
>>
File: DCUfB87UAAA6keg.jpg small.jpg (6KB, 144x144px) Image search: [Google]
DCUfB87UAAA6keg.jpg small.jpg
6KB, 144x144px
>>8537278
>gays love being typical

what does this even mean?
we love being different.
>>
File: alyysa_coco.jpg (77KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
alyysa_coco.jpg
77KB, 500x625px
who was right?
>>
>>8537238
People not understanding the difference between good tv and lowest common denominator trash isn't an issue about drag. It's an issue about idiots.
>>
>>8537227
/thread
>>
It would be alright if it wasn't actively setting back an active effort to make transgenders less weird in MSM. I'm not trans, but I feel like it's about as offensive as pride parades are to gays.

And preemptively, yes, I know drag queens and trans-people are different but your average normie often doesn't.
>>
>>8539108
>but your average normie often doesn't.
yeah they do they made it a big point this season to literally point out the difference

>>8537316
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmnd63DrnLQ
>>
I don't fucking get it and nobody fucking explains. It just looks weird and freaky.
What does it have to do with homosexuality? Where is the punchline/joke/entertainment in it?
Is the entire point literally just "Homosexuals are basically women lol"?

>>8537281
Retarded partygoer isn't a stereotype of any sexual orientation.
Drag, for some reason, is.
>>
It's horrifying lol. Drag queens on TV always look like these bizare monsters because they're always 40 year old men underneath layers and layers of makeup.
>>
>>8539186
It's just part art part entertainer. That's it, what is there to get babe?
Why aren't you confused about prostitution, gogo dancing, general dancing, bring britney spears, makeup artists, costume designers, theater plays, etc?
>>
>>8537316

BOGDANOFF ALERT ON THE RIGHT

THE BOG'S POWER KNOWS NO LIMIT
>>
>>8539202
>It's just part art part entertainer
But what about it is entertaining? What do you find entertaining about it?

>prostitution
Sexual pleasure
>gogo dancing
Sexual pleasure
>general dancing
Endorphins from physical activity and music combined
>bring britney spears
Not a fan of her music, but I can at least understand how it can be entertaining, since it's music (and explaining the intricacies of the inherent value of music to the human brain would take too long)
>makeup artists
Dafuq kind of person enjoys watching that?
>costume designers
Dafuq kind of person enjoys watching that?
>theater plays
Not a massive fan myself, but with music, a storyline, and relatable characters, I can see how they are entertaining, much like all other story-driven media
>>
>>8539226
>But what about it is entertaining?
They literally make their living entertaining people in clubs. How isn't that being an entertainer?
>>
>>8539243
im not the same anon but you are really dense
>>
>>8539247
You might as well be the same anon. Delusional and arrogant.
>>
>>8537316
IM NOT JOKING BITCH
>>
>>8539252
no dude you are just not answering the question, and how was calling you dense "delusional and arrogant" lol you are such a bitch
>>
>>8539243
That doesn't tell me what you personally, or what others personally, find entertaining about it.
"It's entertaining because it's a form of entertainment" just makes it more confusing.

>>8539252
You seem to be projecting something here... Where's the delusion and arrogance?
It's almost as if you feel threatened by the prospect of gay people not liking or understanding aspects of LGBT culture...
>>
>>8539261
I did answer the question, work on your comprehension skills or get better at asking questions.
You're delusional and arrogant for being unable to express yourself nor understand different positions not because I called you dense. Go get your feelings hurt in another thread.
>>
>>8539266
>What do you find entertaining about it?
>because they entertain people duh
you are dense, retarded and a fucking bitch, kill yourself
>>
It's entertaining because there's such a variety of people doing drag that it's interesting how any one person will market themselves. I'm not a fan of dolled up twinks in panties doing splits to Kylie Minogue but there's others who have more extreme drag anesthetics that it's not even crossdressing anymore but a complete character. That's what I find interesting, the weirdos who are lumped in with the movement.
>>
>>8539289
So... it's like abstract art or surrealism?
Thanks; it makes some sense now.
>>
>>8537227
Which is true though LMAO
>>
ITT: Transfaguals shit on LGB culture like the ignorant straightbois they are.
>>
File: Vander Von Odd.jpg (143KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vander Von Odd.jpg
143KB, 1080x1080px
>>8539298
>>8539289
RPDR Has Fucked Up Drag: it's more mainstream, but people are lazy and don't look for more original outfits or alternative aesthetic (nor know drag history)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3-nRwYR470
>>
File: 1482784309384.png (4MB, 1700x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1482784309384.png
4MB, 1700x1700px
>>8534778
Muh degeneracy is almost always just shit you hear from cucked beta orbiters who are mad that other people are having the sexy time with out going through the prescribed normie mating rituals. They want to form Afcuckistan and have all non-chads to be cucked with them.

Honestly, to me Drag is like watching those cake decorating contests on the food network, but instead of cake its a man.
>>
>>8539462
lol shut up jasmine masters

RDPR has given drag global exposure making the artistry seem more like a performance/artistic talent rather than a bunch of crossdressing fairy boys w good wigs n heels.

I definitely agree with your point about most normal people perceiving drag as what has been represented on the show and nothing more than that and it's a shame the boulet brothers aren't as recognised since that style of drag is what inspired me to get into it.
>>
>>8540011
>rather than a bunch of crossdressing fairy boys w good wigs n heels
...but the RPDR audience (=teens, mostly tumblr female teens) prefer fairy boys w good wigs n heels (ie.Valentina)

> that style of drag is what inspired me to get into it
share campy horror-drag realness pls, that's my favorite style
>>
I dont care at all, its fun to watch and can be funny, anyone who is annoyed by it is a total retard who needs to get a life

Half the shit you guys on this board get panty twisted over is a complete "WHO GIVES A FUCK?" factor. there are so many other things to worry about like having more prisoners than soviet russia in the usa
WHO
CARES???
>>
>>8540909
that's true i suppose.. don't get me wrong i live for fishy drag but we all know most valentina/farrah fans are 70% basic teenage girls 30% straight guys that are sexually who keep folders of them for special late night times
>>
>>8540925
>anyone who doesn't think like me is a total retard
average drag queen
>>
>>8540959
anyone who gets annoyed or directs hate over dumb irrelevant shit is verifiably dumb as fuck
>>
>>8540966
Ever thought that mass indulgence in stereotypes of homosexuality while insisting to non LGBT folk that you do it because you are gay might harm those who don't conform to the stereotype?
Why don't you ever see heterosexuals trying and appreciating drag? Why are all efforts made to conserve it as a homosexual-only practice?
>>
>>8541300
>Why don't you ever see heterosexuals trying and appreciating drag?
Idk, why don't YOU, because I certainly do. Aside from the large number of straight women who absolutely obsess over drag, in my personal life I know my straight father watches drag race (and he was into shit like project runway before I ever came out) and I actually started watching it myself with two of my straight roommates in college, and we never missed an episode.

>might harm those who don't conform to the stereotype
Please, anon. Please tell us how you've been abused by the mean old nasty stereotypes.
>>
File: valentina.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
valentina.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>>8540946
I'm a valentina/farrah fan and I'm a cis gay guy.
I don't beat off thinking about them.
I probably think of them as girls if I'm honest.
Just really pretty girls who I think are amazing and beautiful and talented and sweet.
I like them because they aren't giant monsters with stubble trying to squeeze themselves into garbage bag dresses like most drag queens.
Gays appreciate beauty in all its forms.
It is rare and when it occurs it needs to be nurtured.
>>
>>8541453
Most of my friends started trying to avoid me after I came out when I continued to act like I always did, while they were fine with other friends who came out and became campy drag queens almost instantly. They expected stereotype and felt uncomfortable when the expectation was not met.
My family also hates all gays mainly for the behaviour of this vocal group that keep tying the practices to their sexuality. If they just stopped doing that, and instead enjoyed it on its own merits rather than on its gay merits, my own parents might be somewhat accepting of gays.
>>
>>8541508
>Gays appreciate beauty in all its forms.
FOH, you aren't the voice of some united, homosexual hivemind. Like what you like, but don't go saying this kind of ID politics bullshit.
>>
>>8541509
>My friends stopped liking me because of flamboyant gays. That's the only reason I can think. Definitely cannot be my own shortcomings

>Flamboyant gays are also the reason why my parents are assholes.

Lol.
>>
>>8541571
Wow, amazing. You've accurately ruled out the possibilities that my friends only feel uncomfortable when I don't act gay in a situation one would expect a stereotype to flourish, AND that my family have explicitly stated that it's the behaviour that's the problem, not the stereotype. These things could never happen, 100%.
What kind of psychic powers are you using here?
>>
File: tumblr_mkn9jlnNt11qgb5p1o1_500.gif (532KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkn9jlnNt11qgb5p1o1_500.gif
532KB, 350x200px
>>8541619
Why are you hijacking this thread and trying to make it about you?
This is a Drag Race thread.
Fuck off.
>>
>>8541652
It's a "do you like drag and why/why not?" thread, but okie dokie then.
>>
>>8535459
>>8536513
Not a hun, but I just don't find it entertaining. I also hate that so many people associate being trans with being a drag queen. It bothers me.
>>
File: @gemphase.gif (902KB, 268x320px) Image search: [Google]
@gemphase.gif
902KB, 268x320px
>>8541522
>ID politics bullshit

Are you saying that gays DON'T appreciate beauty?
Either you're not gay or you're very angry about something.
>>
>>8541796
You are fucking retarded, they are just saying that you don't speak for all gays, nobody is saying gays do or don't X thing, they are all different.
>>
File: @farrahrized.jpg (33KB, 480x480px)
@farrahrized.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>8541825
I never said I spoke for all gays.
This thread is asking why people like Drag race.
I was responding to someone said that only heteros like it because the fap to the transvestites.
I responded that it was about beauty and gays like beauty.
Now you're calling me retarded and political and saying I speak for everyone.
I don't.
>>
>>8541764
Well, blame dumb people, not drag. Drag helped transgenders more than anything else (ie.feminists) for decades by giving them safe spaces, way to express their true-self, etc.
>>
>>8541931
It's not just that people are stupid. As I mentioned I just don't find it entertaining. I've enjoyed maybe two drag performances in my whole life. It's just how I feel about it. I'm not telling anyone not to do it or that they can't like it. I just don't.
>>
>>8541509
That isnt a reason to be annoyed at drag race, which is a stupid and irrelevant retard thing to be annoyed at

its a reason to be annoyed at your retard friends and people being retarded in general--something far more pressing than flamers dressing up and being funny

stop being retarded
>>
>>8542065
Why are you so butthurt about people not liking drag?
>>
>>8542069
im butthurt about the asinine things the faggots on this board obsess over and claw at. you all like to pretend youre normal and totally not degenerate, but youre a bunch of whiny annoying little FAGGOTS and are 5000% punchable

just fuck off
>>
>>8541825
I don't see women championing drag culture
>>
>>8534778
The only good reality TV show. The drama doesn't feel contrived because drag queens are supposed to be dramatic and bitchy and everything that happens is done with a tongue-in-cheek self-awareness that never takes itself too seriously

It's pretty funny
>>
>>8542069
not that guy, but it bugs me when trannies complain about drag because they feel they are better than that.

if it wasn't for drag queens demanding respect you wouldn't have the comfortable little world where your meds are paid for by the taxpayers and your choices are seen as valid.

you're not better just because you feel more genuine.
>>
>>8542155
But can't I as a trans person just not like it because it's not entertsinong as well as not liking it's perception by the general public?

It's not like I'm telling anyone else not to like it or do it. I just don't and choose not to attend drag events.
>>
>>8541916
>Now you're calling me retarded and political
>and political
I'm not the same anon, can't you even fucking read
>>
>>8542283
that is fine
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.