[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we stop kids from using gay as a derogatory word? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: thats_so_gay_poster.jpg (114KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
thats_so_gay_poster.jpg
114KB, 960x720px
How do we stop kids from using gay as a derogatory word? What word can we teach them to replace it?
>>
>>8533739

in delaware they stopped saying 'thats gay' and started saying 'thats poop'.

its dumb but it worked.
>>
fop doodle
>>
Faggot.
>>
>>8533739
Add - henry-wright and rhodriowen on Snapchat for bumhole nudes
>>
>>8533739
Have them say "that's so faggy" instead.
>>
nigger
>>
That's so gay
>>
>>8533739
>That's so yesterday
>>
>bogus

what kind of faggot says bogus these days?
>>
>>8533739
Why does it matter? Kids don't even care anymore. If they still use gay in that way, it's not like it's malicious. Intent should be how we worry about words, not the actual words themselves.
>>
File: faggot.gif (206KB, 194x144px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.gif
206KB, 194x144px
>>8533878
>>
>>8533739
They literally say it because it offends people and due to it's offensive nature it can be used as a catchall insult when middle schoolers, etc. can't come up with anything situationally clever to say while also bearing fewer consequences than getting caught swearing.
>>
Why do you care? "Gay" always did and always will mean "lame". It has nothing to do with the gay community, that's just the way it is.
>>
desu the more triggered you are by it, the more people are going to do it. it does sound stupid though, and its a good indicator of underage shits.
>>
>>8533891
People from the 80s who travel via phone booth.
>>
File: 1474599302540.jpg (40KB, 546x512px) Image search: [Google]
1474599302540.jpg
40KB, 546x512px
Why are we trying to police what other people say?
>>
File: pepe inviting you to the oven.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
pepe inviting you to the oven.gif
1MB, 320x240px
Looks like /pol/ was right about you fags
>>
>>8533739
nigger
>>
>>8533739
But what if it is gay?
>>
>>8533739
>implying that's what we need to worry about and work on
>>
what's wrong with calling someone happy?
>>
>>8534075

>Don't call people niggers

>Woah man, why are we trying to police what people say!
>>
>>8533739
that's cultural marxism!
>>
>>8533739
Do people still say that? I haven't heard it in years offline. Maybe because I'm not in middle school anymore?
>>
>>8534595
i like to drop the n-bomb for kicks
>>
>>8534041
please learn the most rudimentary basics of how languages work
>>
>>8534595
Yeah, I legitimately believe the best way to reduce the pain the N word causes is to proliferate it to the point it loses it's negative connotation, so that's really not a great argument.
>>
>>8533739
Stop being such a gay-ass bitch faggot.
>>
>>8533739
THAT'S RETARDED
THAT'S AUTISTIC
THAT'S DOWN'S
THAT'S ASPIE
THAT'S CRIPPLED
>>
>>8534718
THAT'S LAME
THAT'S IDIOTIC
THAT'S MORONIC
THAT'S BRAINLESS
THAT'S CRETINOUS
THAT'S SPASTIC
THAT'S LUNATIC
THAT'S INSANE
THAT'S CRAZY
>>
>>8533739
try these: that's so girly, ghetto, redneck, waspy (rich white folk), lame (ableist, LOL)
>>
>>8534748
>nerd, dweeb, dork, geek, preppie
yea, we be bullyin
>>
Its hard not to. People generally use it because it's

A)Not them nor anyone they know
B) Gays are looked down upon. Yes people see being gay as lame and shamefull.

Its kind of hard not to see gay as 'lame or weak" when most gay men are feminine to a degree.

There is also a reason why people don't use the term nigger as much in comparison. Its not because it isn't socially acceptable. Its usually out of fear.

Yes society fear blacks because they are spontaneous, loud and violent. No one really cares if they call anyone gay because no one's afraid of gay men. Your seen as weak at best. What are you gonna do run and tell security ? Pull their hair ?
>>
>>8534929
>There is also a reason why people don't use the term nigger as much in comparison. Its not because it isn't socially acceptable. Its usually out of fear.
Hey, isn't this also why it's fine to make fun of Jesus but not Mohammed in the msm?
>>
The last time I heard anyone use gay as an insult was middle school in 2007 (i'm 21 don't ban me niggas)

i've never heard anyone adult aged call something gay instead of stupid
>>
>>8533739
Kids are still using gay as a derogatory thing? Cool lol. Being gay was a very bad thing when I was growing up.

>>8534929
I've always viewed gays as lesser men. Thats real hypocritical coming from me because i'm a non transitioned transbian/AGP.

>>8535102
I heard a coworker say that just a few years ago. I wish I could still say it but today's world is very PC
>>
>>8533739
FAGGY
QUEER
HOMO
DYKISH

Oh wait, am I doin' it rite?

RETARDED
AUTISTIC
HICKISH
HIKI
JEWY
POT-ADDLED
LEAFY
SCHIZO
BORDERLINEAR
>>
>>8533739
don't police what people say you fucking authoritarian faggot. Dilute the meaning and impact by overusing it.

That's imo one of the great things about 4chan, being called a faggot isn't worth anything anymore.
>>
>>8533756
As someone who teaches at a delaware school, stop lying
>>
that's so cucked
>>
>>8536140
Don't fucking push it! We already seem to be approaching the replacement of "faggot!" with "cuck!". You shouldn't even think of stretching that to a clunkier conjugation.
>>
>>8536124
Ehh there's a big difference between being called a faggot on 4chan and being called one in other communities/in real life

huh, I bet if 4chan started today we'd call call each other trannies instead of faggots since trannies are the hated group du jour
>>
>>8536167
t. newtranny
>>
>>8536167
yeah probably, but isn't it the same with calling something gay irl? I use it all the time and some of my gay friends as well... Doesn't bother anyone and I like it that way.

As some anon already pointed out: Context fucking matters
>>
>>8533739
shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>8536163

At least on 4chan, "-cuck" has already almost completely replaced "gay" or "-fag" as the derogatory suffix of choice.

wagecuck
normalcuck
newcuck
oldcuck
libcuck
cuckservative
samecuck
straightcuck
gaycuck
moralcuck
eurocuck
americuck

And so on.
>>
>>8537690
stop being a fagcuck
>>
>>8537710

Rudecuck.
>>
File: 622461681_wmYfp-2100x20000.jpg (500KB, 2100x1052px) Image search: [Google]
622461681_wmYfp-2100x20000.jpg
500KB, 2100x1052px
Reminds me of this comic from back before Penny Arcade went to shit.
>>
>>8534654
What a dumb statement
>>
>>8533739
>What word can we teach them to replace it?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
>>
>>8537726
They're right though. Black people have very successfully accomplished that by treating "nigga" as a term of endearment. Anime lovers have done the same thing with "weeb."
>>
>>8533739
either retard or fatty
>screeching intensifies
>>
>>8537690
This is true. I think it's because homosexuality is so accepted these days that "faggot" doesn't have the oomph it used to. Although these people are truly new to not be aware that we didn't initially use "fag" hurtfully. It shows how 4chan has changed that people replaced fag with cuck because they wanted a more hurtful word.
>>
>>8537768

And yet it also shows how much 4chan hasn't changed. Note how both "fag" and "cuck" are core attacks on one's masculinity.

"Cuck" just happens to be more socially acceptable an insult than "fag" nowadays.
>>
>>8537794
femininity & weakness being seen as poison for a man is one thing the feminists are right about desu
>>
File: 1481114739105.jpg (25KB, 256x253px)
1481114739105.jpg
25KB, 256x253px
>>8537794
>"Cuck" just happens to be more socially acceptable an insult than "fag" nowadays
Have the memes gone too far?
>>
>>8537829

Agreed. That's not even a matter of feminist opinion, really; it's a matter of fact that a male who is perceived as weak or feminine has reduced social capital.
>>
File: 0prah.jpg (238KB, 854x1280px) Image search: [Google]
0prah.jpg
238KB, 854x1280px
>>8537860
and a woman who is perceived as strong or masculine has increased social capital
>>
>>8537897

To an extent.
>>
Maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive. No gay person I ever met has taken offense to it. I haven't watched South Park in years but they had an episode about the term fag that summed it up pretty well. It's not a personal attack. The faggot they are calling someone isn't your average gay person, it's a caricature of a gay person. Their idea of what's gay.

It's the same case with the use of bitch and bastard. We aren't saying they are a female dog or don't have a father(unless they're black hehe).

Oversensitive fucks that can't handle a specialized insult ruin words and distract people from actual social issues. It isn't a problem that's going to go away. It's like complaining that fights happen. Yeah, it's shitty and people shouldn't do it but eventually two people will disagree to the point of violence regardless of how nice you try to make them.

This issue is a literal case of "Old Man Yells at Cloud for Bad Weather."
>>
>>8538083
yeah, that's why it's okay to say nigger.
it is just a caricature of a black person.

oversensitive fucks that can hanle a specialized insult ruin words and distract people from actual social issues.
stupid niggers.
>>
>>8538125
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or on my side.

Either way, yeah. It's still not socially acceptable in almost any official establishment to say offensive slurs but words are words, man. I hate to use the phrase "man up," but it pretty much sums up the idea. Words only hurt if you let them and if you're so sensitive that you fly off the handle at off-color language, maybe you should stop going around that group. Wear headphones or get a job that doesn't tolerate that stuff as much.

Whatever happened to "sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me?"
>>
>>8538163
fuck off, cunt
>>
File: 1439783964747s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1439783964747s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>8538169
>Aussies, amirite?
>sitcomcommercialbreakoutro.mp3 amidst tons of fake applause
>>
>>8533739
That's really gay like only a faggot cares about that shit
>>
>>8537768
No it's because cuck makes more sense. Faggots are annoying. Cucks are little subby bitches. Cuck just makes more sense as an insult nowadays. It had nothing to do with oomph. Faggot is still used almost as much as cuck.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.