[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why must you broadcast your sexuality to the world, why does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5975.jpg (43KB, 517x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5975.jpg
43KB, 517x583px
Why must you broadcast your sexuality to the world, why does it matter? I'm serious, I never understood pride
>>
I've never understood the idea of pride either, being MtF isn't something to be "uwu proud" of.
>>
Its an important part of your identity. I don't think people realize how often straight people broadcast their sexuality to the world, obsess over it, etc because its the default. I work a construction job, and 90% of what these dudes talk about is women. The idea that for some reason gay people need to be less open than straight people about their sexual preferences is homophobia, and unfortunately I think a lot of gay people, myself included, have internalized this.
>>
>>8530222
Why have bumper stickers?

Why have black history month?

Why register with a political party?

Why join the NRA?

Why celebrate the 4th of July?

Why wear a jersey with your favorite sports team on it?

Why even cheer at a sports game?

It's because we're raising awareness that we exist, and celebrating the fact that we have survived so much shit until now. If you don't like "screaming that you're gay" don't partake in the parades or other celebrations.
>>
I'd compare pride to the "right to carry" people doing similar protests

But fags want to take away weapon rights so fuck them
>>
>>8530302
> Its an important part of your identity.

Not mine. My identity is made up of a whole bunch of personality traits, likes and dislikes.
The fact that I enjoy touching dicks instead of boobs makes up a very small portion of that identity.

> I don't think people realize how often straight people broadcast their sexuality to the world, obsess over it, etc because its the default.

The only times I've actually noticed this is when I watch obviously male-oriented advertisements and see nothing but big breasted bimbos doing a variety of sexy things. But those are getting increasingly less common due to the feminist movement.

> I work a construction job, and 90% of what these dudes talk about is women.

I think that's more an issue with your workplace and your coworkers, than an issue with pride and the world as a whole.

> The idea that for some reason gay people need to be less open than straight people about their sexual preferences is homophobia, and unfortunately I think a lot of gay people, myself included, have internalized this.

I think this is more an issue with you and others refusing to let go of the past.
In the past this was true, but it's no longer true, as nowadays most people will just go "That's nice I guess" when you talk about sucking your boyfriend's dick, just like they will go "That's nice I guess" if you talk about sucking your girlfriends tits.

Of course this isn't true for everywhere. If you live in a very religious place then you will definitely encounter more strongly negative reactions, and you will always encounter bad apples everywhere. But that's part of life and humans being sentient beings.
Everyone has their own beliefs and ideas and not everyone is going to share yours, no matter how much you tell them that your view is the "right" one.
>>
File: DBXK_xDU0AAmmX1.jpg (68KB, 750x747px) Image search: [Google]
DBXK_xDU0AAmmX1.jpg
68KB, 750x747px
>>8530222
>Why must you broadcast your sexuality to the world, why does it matter?
because it's good business. Consumers should abandon all repression and just be themselves. potentially subversive elements have to be neutralised and recuperated into the system.
>>
>>8530364
I don't know man, straight men are pretty insane. All of the men in my life spend a significant portion of their waking hours talking about women, especially in male dominated spaces.

I'm sure your romantic/sexual hopes, dreams, experiences, interests, etc. are important to you and your identity in some way, just like they are to everyone else. My point is just that its silly that a lot of people find an issue with homosexuals "rubbing their sexuality in society's face," "constructing their identity around their sexuality," etc. when many heterosexuals do those things to an absolutely absurd extent.
>>
>>8530486
so you want to censor them for hate speech or something? you want hetero wageslave normies to go shopping with you and talk about boys with you?
>>
>>8530502
hes saying that its hypocrisy in the 21 century. remember when the colonials fought for freedom against the British in 1775 but not for the blacks?
>>
>>8530502
not really i just think its retarded that people keep complaining about this shit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.