[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TRANShumanism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 26GHOSTSHELL1-master768-v3.jpg (96KB, 768x413px) Image search: [Google]
26GHOSTSHELL1-master768-v3.jpg
96KB, 768x413px
Guys, what are your opinions on transhumanism?

First time poster, occasional lurker here. I'm a huge fan of Ghost in the Shell (the first anime movie in particular) and have been spending more time recently thinking about the implications of a transhumanist future.

The anime film, if you haven't seen it, progressively breaks down the elements of life that people use to build themselves an identity and a sense of self. Nations and boarders and blurred, the human body can be replaced and customized with cybernetic parts, memories can be replaced, etc. The main character, Major Motoko Kusanagi, is someone who was born biologically female but has become almost entirely artificial by the events of the film. She's fallen into an existential crisis and has begun to wonder what really makes her, her.
But what's interesting is that, despite how much time she spends naked, she looks really androgynous. To me, it seems like her ideas of gender have gone out the window along with her other ideas of self.
Also, at the end of the film, she unites with a sort of digital consciousness evolved from an AI that presents itself in (part of) a female body, but with a male voice and Motoko's face. So two sexes seem to integrate into one, becoming this new, technological god-like form.

So, naturally, I wonder if this film spoke to any trans people on the board? Does "TRANS" mean "TRANSitionary" or "TRANScendent" to you?
Likewise, how do you think you would have fared in a less technologically, medically advanced time without surgeries and hormone treatments? How do you see the future in this regard?
Do you think the future holds answers for these uncomfortable questions facing us today, or will it only be more confusing?
>>
File: ll.gif (3MB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
ll.gif
3MB, 640x357px
>transhumanism
>Ghost in the Shell (the first anime movie in particular)
>>
File: ghost_jo.jpg (66KB, 1010x537px) Image search: [Google]
ghost_jo.jpg
66KB, 1010x537px
Also, have something from my dream journal (for posterity, I'm a straight cis male);

Had an intensely vivid, realistic dream last night that inspired by the Ghost in the Shell film. I had to go undercover as some sort of Geisha bot.
First, probably for the hell of it, my girlfriend and some other member of what I assume was section 9, tried putting some make-up on me. Really unconvincing lipstick that just looked funny. I had some weird latex sheet put on my face to coat my skin with some sort of gel, making me look all shiny when it was taken off. But there was no holes to breathe through, so I had a difficult time breath-ing, feeling like I was going to suffocate. None of this really served any purpose. What I really needed to do was change bodies.
Apparently I was like the Major in that I was 99% robotics, with only my brain and part of my spine being organic. I was put onto an (dis)assembly line, and had my body progressively taken apart by robotic arms. I can’t begin to describe how real this felt. Nothing was painful, but I felt my senses leave me. First my synthetic skin was dissolved and stripped away, robbing me of my sense of touch. The machine body underneath was made of a sort of scaffold of semi-transparent “ribs” and tubes. Then my limbs were dismantled and taken away, making me immobile. My chest and skull were stripped down too, and all non-essential parts to my life support functions were taken away, leaving little more than a bionic ribcage and a cranium with rudimentary eyes.
>>
>>8528913
I started to have a bit of a panic attack internally on this line and tried to meditate with the man-tra “no body no mind no body no mind-” to ease the distress of having my body and most of my senses stripped away. But all I could effectively do was watch and listen.
I left the assembly line on a trolley, wheeled down the hall by a mechanic/doctor. I was wheeled into a small lecture theater where the lecturer, the apparent owner of this assembly line, was proudly telling his audience that I was to be yet another Geisha bot. But he said I wouldn’t be re-assembled until tomorrow, which terrified me because of the state I’d be left in until then. Luckily I had a plant in the audience, disguised as an investor, who managed to pressure him into having me put together immediately. I would have clapped or cheered if I had arms and a voice.
So I was reassembled, this time being put under. I woke up with a woman’s body; asian with a bob cut, skinny proportions, small boobs, like a typical fashion model. I was a room with other women, all of us still nude. I was still dazed, slightly in shock, so everything felt hazy and weird. I remember touching my skin to make sure I was solid, surprised how real it felt, even though there were clear seams along my body to indicate I was still a cyborg. In true Ghost in the Shell fashion, I didn’t have a pussy, the reason being, as I found out later, was to stop clients from trying to have sex with us. Reproductive organs cost extra and only came with certain models.

>>8528903
Hm? What's the problem with that?
>>
>>8528920
Which was especially weird when I started paying attention to all of the other hot naked women in the room. Mentally and internally, I was still me, a man. So this would be the bit where I’d pop a boner, but the physical body didn’t affirm that. Instead I started to feel slightly warmer where my cooch should have been. Anyway, uncomfortable sexual shit out of the way (which has a point to it), I start talking to some of the other women and they’re all really excited to get the chance to be a Geisha bot, like it’s one of those horrible talent shows with naive contestants, too over-zealous for their own good. Our host or mentor enters the room; a middle aged women in a lab coat, and gives us all some clothes to wear at last. We all put on some sportswear (sharkskins) and she has us perform checks on our bodies.
We do stretches and calisthenics type routines to make sure we were put together properly, pay-ing close attention to our bodies. I notice some tension in my left shoulder, trying to message it and feeling the gel-filled synthetic muscle below the fake skin, and she immediately comes over. I explain that I was taller and slouchy in my previous body, and she explains that it’s a normal reac-tion. A sort of psychosomatic growing pain as the brain fails to adjust to it’s new body. Eventually neuroplasticity would take over and stop expecting body parts to be in positions they can no longer reach. My bad knee in my last body, for instance, gave my brain years of reactions it no longer needs in a new, fit body without that problem. This brain to body dissonance in new cyborgs also leads people to have internal problems in people who go from all organic bodies to cyborg bodies. Missing veins and subtle organs and tissues lead to perceived complications and organ failures that really aren’t happening, due to how cyborg bodies, no matter how advanced, can’t 100% rep-licate organic bodies.
>>
>>8528931
This same effect led me to have some breathing difficulty too, due to my old lungs being bigger. Much of this was down to going from a male to female body alone, but a large factor was just general proportional difference. Around this time, I started to think to myself about the shaman-ic “dissection” trial or the legend of Osiris, in how the body is broken down and reassembled in order to gain new insight and transcendent knowledge. Likewise, the male female dynamic of it seemed alchemical to me, like it’s necessary for that trail to be fully realized.
After this little conversation, the woman in the lab coat began teaching us to suppress the fucking ridiculous strength we now all had, to stop us from accidentally punching someone’s head off. The dream dissolved from here.
>>
>>8528913
>I'm a straight cis male
About that...
>>
>>8528951
LOL ikr the cuck watches a movie and gets delusional to overcompensate of the simple fact they crave skittles
>>
>>8528890
What's there to have an opinion on? It's literally exoteric Freemasony.

Happens to work, too. But you don't need to break down everything or replace your body for that, you just need to know how the Middle Path. That's all transhumanism is -- an easy-to-imagine application of the Middle Path, a form of purchaseable alchemy (with the currency of your energetic soul), the blurring of the Duality.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.