[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coming Out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1476040791013.png (806KB, 599x744px) Image search: [Google]
1476040791013.png
806KB, 599x744px
In about an hour I'm going to come out to both of my parents as trans over dinner.

This is the first irreversible step and I'm so scared.

Does anyone have any advice?
>>
Who is that on the cover?
>>
Are you dependent on them?
Do you have backup plan when they tell to gtfo?
>>
>>8527201
gl anon, expect them to treat you like you're mentally broken and simple interactions may become unnecessarily awkward from now on but fuck what other ppl think as long as u think it's the right decision.
>>
>>8527201
How old are you?
>>
>>8527206
I live with them while I'm at university

>>8527203
No idea

>>8527209
They're both very left wing and I hope they're okay with it. I know Mum will be, I hope Dad will be too.
>>
>>8527211
21, MtF
>>
>>8527212
so is my mother but she still acts a little strange and says some things that make me cringe a little. all i'm saying is it will be an adjustment regardless with ups and downs but hopefully worth it in the end :)
>>
>>8527224
What sort of things? How old are you?
>>
File: Fug.jpg (40KB, 640x626px) Image search: [Google]
Fug.jpg
40KB, 640x626px
Don't
>>
>>8527258
21 same as you.

nothing in particular but she has asked things before like if i'm transitioning because my dad left and that he dates pretty younger women and if i wanna be like too in order to compensate for the lack of involvement he has in my life.

also she'll try to educate me and say that ladies never say fuck or shit which is simply not true.
>>
File: 5ftg5kxbu07z.jpg (43KB, 539x539px) Image search: [Google]
5ftg5kxbu07z.jpg
43KB, 539x539px
>>8527201
be drunk
>>
>>8527201
Please tell me how it goes I want to do this as well and I need to know how it goes.
>>
>>8527319
Ah okay well at least she's accepting of it.

>>8527321
Not an option I don't really drink, let alone with my parents

>>8527326
Will do :)

It's almost time. Assuming I don't pussy out I'll report back with how stuff went.
>>
>>8527201
OP YOU CAN DO IT. DONT PUSSY OUT. YOU GET IN THERE AND SAY MOM AND DAD IM SO TRANS YOU DONT EVEN KNOW EXCEPT NOW YOU DO OK WONDERFUL HOW WAS WORK.
>>
>>8527319
Its not lady like to be a slag desu. If you wanna swear like a hooligan just dont bother, why should anyone ever feel the need to swear?
>>
>>8527206
>Do you have backup plan when they tell to gtfo?
This! My number one piece of advice is to make sure you have an out just in case! My parents always seemed to be super liberal when I was growing up. When I came out they both imploded. I had my car and I know how to gtfo. They tried to physically prevent me from leaving the house, and my sister fought me in the drive way trying to wrestle my car keys from me.

This from a family/parents who always said "Gay people are fine, and they should be able to live their lives like anyone else!" (Just not in by backyard I guess)

Fast forward almost 3 years after they found out and they are still not accepting and believe I was brainwashed or that my depression caused me to be trans (not the other way around) I told them I would be getting SRS soon and my mother threatened to kill herself if I go through with it.

So yeah. You can never tell how people will react so have a backup! If you are dependent on them to finish school don't tell them till after. Honestly. You might just fuck up your life.
>>
>>8527201
op is dead
>>
>>8527201
OP are you ok?
>>
Inb4 OP is homeless but forgot to grab their phone on the way out the door.
>>
I'm 28. I came out along time ago. I'm still struggling to get stable housing due to the shit I've been thu. You don't know how much your family can black ball you and prevent you from affording hormones so be careful. My family said drugs made me crazy that's why I wanted hormones.

Just be yourself and eat hormones. Don't "come out" like someone else said you dono how there gonna react
>>
>>8527201
OP i have a guest bedroom if your homeless. please don't die.
>>
>>8527402
>>8527582
>>8527613
>>8527615
>>8527694
>>8527706

I'm back!

It went very well! I'm very thankful for that. We ate dinner, sat down to watch some TV then when the show ended I said I'd like to have a talk and I teared up but I got it out.

They said that I'm their "child" i.e. not son and they'll support me no matter what if it makes me happy. They cautioned me to make sure it was what I wanted and I explained that nothing was irreversible and that I at least wanted to try HRT for a little bit to see how I felt.

I feel so relieved to have it off my chest I just hope that it doesn't make stuff weird going forwards.

Oh my god I'm so elated right now I could cry even more and I've already cried a lot. I tried to explain that it was something I'd been stowing away for 4-5 years and that I knew that it was who I am inside.

Thank you all for your support it's much appreciated.

I did ask that they keep their lips sealed including towards my little brother and other family as they'll find out in due course if the time is right.

I'm so excited! It feels like the first day of the rest of my life.

I tried really hard to make it clear that I didn't want to be treated differently, I just wanted to let them know that this is what was happening in my life.
>>
>>8527812
Holy shit OP. I've never cried over a 4chan post until now. Godspeed
>>
>>8527812
Holy shit, nice.
>>
Excellent
Pleasing to read
>>
>>8527812
Congrats. Happy for you :)
>>
Poor dad. Imagine having a son that gave up on masculinity
>>
>>8527812
Also asked my mom to keep things secret. Told my older bro who told my lil bro and sister b4 I was ready myself. Been derr
>>
nicely done anon, happy for you :-)

it's a big step but an important one
>>
willkommen im club
>>
>>8527201
Are you cute, OP?
>>
>>8527201
>irreversible

Please.
You can always say you were on LSD or drunk or something and you made the whole thing up to fuck with them.
They will be more than happy to believe you.
>>
>>8531056
I'm a pretty straight edge girl I don't do that sort of stuff so believe me, it was an irreversible decision.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.