[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were your parents supportive of you transitioning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Were your parents supportive of you transitioning?
>>
My mom is supportive.
>>
none of my parents know, just two of my siblings
I doubt they'd be supportive, knowing their views on other lgbt groups
>>
no, they take every chance they have to put me down and I hope they suffer as much as I have
>>
>>8523489

No. They have always been transphobes and homophobes besides. God, I wish they were as supportive as that woman or the other mothers of trans people she mentioned. They just want me to get a job and "self-actualize" without knowing how difficult or even impossible they have made that for me. It pisses me off.
>>
>>8523489
Yup, my parents are both supportive. They helped me get on hormones before puberty did too much damage and are paying for my SRS. They're also supportive of my bf and me. Honestly feel so lucky
>>
Nope. And I'm probably one of the most patient, productive, and mentally healthy trans people I know. I have a job and I'm doing well in school. But they still tell me that "[deadname] is the person I know, and if that's not you, then you have to act that way or get out". I don't think they'll ever actually kick me out. They give me shit every day though, and talk a big talk.
>>
>>8523489
No, I've cut contact with nearly all my family
>>
>>8524999
How's that working out for you, I'm about to do the same
>>
I was kicked out. Lost all my financial support for everything, including my college education. Haven't heard from them in 3 and a half years.
>>
>>8525029
It's been okay. I still see my sister and brother occasionally.
It was weird when i needed my birth certificate and my parents had it. Had to explain there was no feasible way to get it. Inevitably i just lied and said it no longer existed because the government is retarded.
>>
>>8525075
Was it worth it? Do you pass?
>>
>>8525075
How are you doing now anon?
>>
File: ZJ8wyso.png (180KB, 640x632px) Image search: [Google]
ZJ8wyso.png
180KB, 640x632px
>>8523489
My mom was hostile, told me I was going against god, and now believes I'm schizophrenic.
>>
>>8525081

>Not having the only document that proves you're a US citizen and doesn't expire

Why can't you get a new copy from your state's Department of Health's Bureau of Vital Statistics?
>>
Replying to OPs picture. The mothers freezing their own cells in is pretty weird desu. Imagine the boyfriend basically making babies with his girlfriend's mother...
>>
File: 934853.png (275KB, 436x552px) Image search: [Google]
934853.png
275KB, 436x552px
>>8523489
/lgbt/ doesn't agree with the idea of parents being supportive to anyone under 18.
>>
>>8525638
>>8525646
It's been rough, my safety net fell apart (I moved into a friend's house for a little while but then his parents went through a divorce and I was the first to get the boot) and I tried moving into an apartment but ran out of money after two months since I burned through my savings and no one would hire me (turns out no one will hire you if you're in the middle of a legal name and gender change and have inconsistent documents). So I was homeless for a year.

For a while I was forced to pay out of pocket for hormones, since I had no insurance. I often was faced with the decision of food or T. More often than not I found myself picking hormones and then trying to ration it out for as long as possible. Eventually I qualified for free health insurance and food stamps through the state because of my situation and I was able to start saving money for more than just barely surviving.

I now share a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 other people, one other trans person who fled from her family in Texas, a gay guy, and a cis bi girl. We've all been through shit but I've definitely had it the worst. Things are slowing improving.

And yeah, thankfully I'm lucky enough that I pass. I don't even remember the last time I was clocked.
>>
Dad doesn't know. Mom is super supportive of every trans person... except me. I've been on HRT for 4 months. One day we're going to hang out and she'll probably ask me about my hair length and tiddy growth. I'll tell her when she asks. I literally never talk to my dad for unrelated reasons.
>>
>>8525678
I'm not in the US, but yes I had to get it reprinted and everything. Same with my social insurance.
Not sure what I'll do if I ever get tax audited because I have none of that stuff either.
I didn't get kicked out or anything but I left a lot of stuff after moving out and just not sure how to get it back without it causing a shitstorm.
>>
>>8525707
Don't you defend parents repressing their children when they are AGP?
>>
Nope. Came out to them and they freaked out for a bit and then pretended like nothing was happening with me and nothing was wrong. High tailed it out of there before things started getting noticeable with me. I know they will never support or acknowledge these things, so I'm just not going to bother.
>>
>>8526078
>And yeah, thankfully I'm lucky enough that I pass. I don't even remember the last time I was clocked.
That's a nice silver lining. Congrats anon, and good luck for the future.
>>
>>8523489
>Hey let's encourage kids to ruin their lives and guarantee no one will ever like them
>>
>>8523489
supportive in the
>i don't understand, i can't wrap my head around any of this or why you would or could ever feel this way in the first place, i'm going to keep using your deadname and never ask you anything about how your transition is going and when you become homeless i'm not going to help you for even one day
kind of way
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.