[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pride discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 15

File: LasVegasPRIDE-LogoRET.png (12KB, 576x200px) Image search: [Google]
LasVegasPRIDE-LogoRET.png
12KB, 576x200px
So I had an argument with a friend of mine lately. We are both in the LGBT community. He is gay and he doesn't support the pride. He hasen't been to the manifestations and they have been going on every year for 10 years in our town. This was our town's 10th pride. I hadn't gone only because I was scared since we live in a very homophobic country and basically its a 60/40% chance you get beaten up at pride because our country lets neo nazis make anty gay manifestation the same day like the pride very close to our manifestation. Anyway, my friend doesnt go to pride because he thinks it fuels the hate. He thinks that by doing the manifestation, especially in a mostly homophobic country or city all we do is make them hate us more because we disturb the people living downtown and homophobes have just antoher reason to not like us. Do you guys think that is true and if so, how would you feel about pride in a homophobic country?
>>
>>8523439
>OP here again

We went to pride this year for the first time and honestly it made us both realise that pride isn't about homophobes and it isn't really about convincing anyone about anything, it is just a safe place for people that support each other...for kids that aren't supported by their parents, for parents that aren't supported by their kids and so on. But still, this could be achieved without the manifestation. It could just be in one place, a concert, a big get-together. Does the manifestation have more pros or more cons and if so, what are they? Why do we manifest? Why does the get together have to grow into a huge crowd of people walking around town?
I am not against pride. I want you to explain it to me.
>>
fags who are opposed to pride are entitled little shits who don't remember what it was like before pride was possible, and need to fuck off
>>
>>8523439
>Anyway, my friend doesnt go to pride because he thinks it fuels the hate. He thinks that by doing the manifestation, especially in a mostly homophobic country or city all we do is make them hate us more because we disturb the people living downtown and homophobes have just antoher reason to not like us.

look up respectability politics, and learn why they're bullshit.
>>
>>8523450
Not OP but...

>''Respectability politics or the politics of respectability refers to attempts by marginalized groups to police their own members and show their social values as being continuous, and compatible, with mainstream values rather than challenging the mainstream for what they see as its failure to accept difference.''

Okay...so why is it bullshit? The LGBT community isn't a hivemind, why should all of the members be okay with what the majority of the community is doing?
>>
>>8523445
Thats not a very good answer to any of my questions, but okay, thanks for thaking your time I guess...
>>
>>8523461
not op, but we're the only two posters in the thread, hmmm...
>>
>>8523466
We are two people man we are writing from the same computer, I'm the gay guy that is against it.
>>
>>8523471
nice try ;)
>>
>>8523474
Still don't get why its bad to oppose it.
>>
>>8523478
lol okay, so i'm glad you're at least admitting you've made this thread in bad faith, lil' babbytroll. but okay, i'll bite anyways i guess.

respectability politics have been thrown at every minority movement since the dawn of humanity, and is part of an awful group-think agenda by religion (currently catholics, if we're talking about america).

i will not change who i am just because you find it icky. i will not tone down myself or my sexuality, when you and all other straight people turn a blind eye to things like mardi gras, or anywhere with spring break parties.

heterosexuality is everywhere, and for good and obvious reason. but to tell me to try to act more like you, when i am not like you, is gross.
>>
>>8523439
I agree with your friend 151%
No one cared that I was gay 7 years ago, and now people just... Idk. Become passive when they find out.
>>
>>8523492
congrats you entitled little shit.
>>
>>8523494
>entitled
You don't know how to use this word properly.
>>
>>8523491

> i will not tone down myself or my sexuality

But not having a manifestation is not toning down your sexuality, it is literally just not having a manifestation for many reasons, one of them may be that its safer for LGBT people themselves (I'm talking about homophobic countries/cities)...The pride, I believe, should stay.

> but to tell me to try to act more like you, when i am not like you, is gross.

I tought we were like them. I don't think I'm different from a straight person in any way except for wanting to fuck a certain hole instead of another hole.
>>
>>8523508
convinced of the justifiabilitly of ones' own actions.
>>
>>8523439
>retarded people who think walking is gonna do anything more than make people despise them
I perfectly understand homophobia. We deserve it, when such ridiculous, pathetic strategies are encouraged in this ridiculous, pathetic community.
>>
>>8523521

Oh, well, thats a bit of an overstatement, but I get where you're coming from.
>>
>>8523521
>Gay acceptance at an all time high, improving by the year
>Waaah! You gays at pride are keeping us from being accepted.

Pick one.
>>
>>8523684
lol but don't you see?? people like >>8523492
have had some slightly negative reactions! clearly it isn't doing anything but harm!!!
>>
>>8523439
Just remember that Pride is a response to the hate. The hate existed long before Pride. If Pride helps just a few closeted people find the courage to start living their lives the way they really want to, it's worth it.
>>
>>8523698
Pride definitely gives people some clarity and helps LGBT people start living their lives the way they want to, but I don't see how marching itself does that. Of course, getting together with other members of the community, listening to music, talking to drag queens and everything else is great and it definitely helps people that feel rejected from society. But what is the point of the manifestation?

>>8523684
>>8523691
Yeah gay acceptance really is at an all time high, but thats in the big countries that actually have defeated homophobia. In countries like this the manifestation at Pride is actually not a bad thing...it certainly doesn't do anything important but it provides fun and glee for everybody. Whereas at countries like mine, where literally on the next street during the pride manifestation there is a neo nazi anty gay protest...telling people that they are ''entitled'' to be against the pride parade is just ignorant.
>>
>>8523684
>>8523698
There are much more closeted people that hesitate to kill themselves, and sometimes do, in part because of degenerates in pride. You don't give people hope, you do the very opposite. You're blind
>>
>>8523757
>blaming gay suicide on gay Pride

>not blaming the self-loathing you also suffer from

>still pretending Pride is not simply fags' reaction to straight people with nothing better to do than interfere with our sex lives

Pride's not for straight people. They're not really supposed to like it, it's for us.
>>
>>8523788
>Pride's not for straight people. They're not really supposed to like it, it's for us.
so much this.
>>
>>8523745
I like how no one has noticed that OP specifically said "a homophobic country", meaning non western country, possibly Eastern European or Latin American.

Typical Americans immediately making everything about America.
>>
File: image.jpg (378KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
378KB, 1024x768px
>>8523439
WE WUZ GAYZ N SHIT
>>
OP again

>>8523788

>Pride's not for straight people. They're not really supposed to like it, it's for us.
I said in my second post that by going to pride this year I realised that it is not about straight people and it is not supposed to convince anyone, it is to comfort and unite people in our community. But who is the parade for? Who is the march for?
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 708x436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 708x436px
>>8523444
>pride is a safe place
AYO POLICE FUCK OUTTA MUH PRIDE PRADES
>>
>>8523829
>who is it for
Recently? """Oppressed""" niggers
>>
>>8523830
as a torontonian, fuck those morons. we literally had cops get engaged during a parade a few years ago. that shit made me so mad. it's hatebaiting and pointless. our cops are fine.
>>
>>8523830
>>8523833
>>8523842

None of this answers the questions and none of this is the point of this thread, but okay.
>>
>>8523829
>who is the parade for? Who is the march for?
To me, more than anyone, it's for the people still living in that closet.
>>
>>8523842
As an ontarian i can only shake my head at the joke toronto pride is. The first image i posted is what they did this year.
And last year, the question on my mind was why dont they want the police to march or be nearby?
>comes in at tail end of 2017 parade
>doesnt register
>doesnt pay
>we built this!
The good saying goes; there's nothing to fear if you've done nothing wrong.
>>
>>8523856
fuck off
>>
File: black lives matter toronto2.jpg (59KB, 618x492px) Image search: [Google]
black lives matter toronto2.jpg
59KB, 618x492px
>>8523842
I'm in Toronto too. Never thought I could hate a group of people more than I hate the cops but then this happened.
>>
>>8523863
same group that rushed the stage while Bernie was talking in their favor. people who need to be the victims, otherwise they don't know how to exist.
>>
>>8523857
>it's for the people still living in that closet
How does it help them? Why do people still living in that closet need to walk around town? Can't we just gather and have Pride at one place instead of walking around, marching, pissing people off and put our own lifes on bait by doing it (in countries where the parade is not widly accepted)?
>>
>>8523439
Pride would be okay if it was actually about lgbt pride and not the plthora of fetishes. My gay pride isbeing with the bf i ope to have someday not a fucking dildo dress or leather puppy. People take there kids to watch pride and then so e faggot starts waving his dick around.

To me pride parade is a special day like when they have a rare animal at the zoo
>go see the homosexualis on display
>ooo how interesting
You'd go see a tiger at the zoo and its a big fluffy cat. You go see a tiger in the real world and its a murder machine the size of an atv.
>>
>>8523830
>>8523833
>>8523842
ITT: burgers literally cannot think outside their NA box
>>
>>8523439
How would you feel a out a heterosexual pride day?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 638x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 638x490px
>>8523882
Im canadian you fucking racist.
>>
>>8523882
geography not your strong suit? that's okay, i'm sure you'll practice one day.

just so you know for the future, canada and america are different countries. :)
>>
>>8523875
>Why do people still living in that closet need to walk around town?
You mistake me. I do not mean it is for them to attend, I mean the demonstration is *directed* at them, it is for them to witness. Pride is encouraging those still closeted to break free from repression, self-loathing, secrecy and fear to live openly the way they want to live.

>Can't we just gather and have Pride at one place instead of walking around, marching, pissing people off and put our own lifes on bait by doing it (in countries where the parade is not widly accepted)?
You can do whatever you want my friend. That's the whole point. Go organize a Pride thing for people wanting to celebrate in one secure location.
>>
>>8523788
This is EXACTLY why no one ever likes us. You're just beasts, or even less than that.
>implying someone who respects himself loathes himself
I'd unironically advocate for shooting pride parades en masse. There is literally nothing good in them.
>>8523908
They repress because of YOU. They think they belong to a "community" of psychos because of YOU.
>>
File: rake.jpg (18KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
rake.jpg
18KB, 276x183px
>>8523900
>>8523888
>implying canada is not just shitty discount version us of a
The Day of the Rake cannot happen too soon.
>>
>>8523933
so you are just another violent homophobe who wants to kill us
go to your true home neu-ahmed.
>>
>>8523942
I also want to kill homophobes (among which I count you anyway) you know. I wish the death of all vermins equally.
>>
>>8523945
don't you see though? wanting that makes you the vermin. you are the bad person here. not us. we want to love and fuck and have fun. you want to murder. do you see a difference here? YOU are the psycho.
>>
>>8523933
>"Gay people trying to have their own thing for themselves without considering whether straight will approve? BEASTS!"

>"True gay Pride is shooting up gay people who dare to march for a cause!"

>"It's centuries of religious taboo against homosexuality making people closet themselves, it's the movement created to help them out of the closet that makes them closet themselves!"

You are delusional m8. Learn a little history.
>>
>>8523945
i sure do believe you rahid
have you converted to be allah's fuckboy? your violent psychopatic tendencies would do great to spread the message of peace
>>
>>8523962
>wants to shoot up the pride parade
>accuses others of islamic extremism
Surprise surprise - it's just /pol/, come here to troll

I bet you're not even gay
>>
>>8523947
Your morality is nonexistent. I don't care how the world perceives me. You function at a beast level, with no deeper thought, no reflection on the meaning of life. Your only reason to live is having fun and fucking. Wow. I'm so impressed. Keep acting degenerate to please yourself. Keep walking in the streets with a bunch of other freaks.
>>
File: 1482201775134.png (875KB, 968x745px) Image search: [Google]
1482201775134.png
875KB, 968x745px
>>8523972
Yeah, your pathetic power-fantasy of massacring happier people shows your deep reflection on the true meaning of life, right?
>>
>>8523972
that's a whole lot of assumptions in one place. i like sex, but i don't center my life around it.

to try to call me out on morality, while advocating mass homicide, is some pretty serious mental gymnastics.

tell me though, what exactly then is "the meaning of life," according to you?
>>
>>8523980
Why do you think I would tell you ?

>>8523977
>happier people
Yeah, right. In your dreams, maybe.
>>
>>8523989
>Why do you think I would tell you ?

>OF COURSE I KNOW THE ANSWER, BUT IM NOT GONNA TELL YOU!!!!!

oh my god, you're actually 12, aren't you?? does your mom know you're on 4chan?
>>
>>8523991
Yes. Reassure yourself. That perfectly suits my purposes.
>>
>>8523996
of... being a homicidal psycho?
>>
>>8523999
>homicidal
>implying people who don't see the evil of pride parades are human
>>
>>8524006
that's really sad, dude. i hope you get help some day. :(
>>
>>8524010
Me too. But not from people like you.
>>
>>8524006
le 2017 call dem subhuman maayy myaay XDDD

so SOCIAL DARWINIAN RITE???? ITS LIKE DARWIN!!! ITS LIKE DARWIN!!! I NEVER RED ON THE ORIGIN BUT I KNO DARWIN!!!! LOOOOOOOOOL! KILL LE NIGGERS! PRAISE KEK! 1488! HITLER DID LE NOTHING LE RONG

XDDDDD SO AGAINST LE GRAIN BLUEPILLED KEKS
>>
>>8524015
so much anger...
>>
>>8524018
I'm against all vermins equally, including /pol/. But keep reassuring yourself, please.
>>
>>8523971
i'm not the one who wants to shoot up pride parades, anon. you mistook me for another anon
>>8523972
de-spook yourself
>>
>>8524025
>it's okay I have these pathetic power fantasies about killing people who are actually enjoying themselves

>it's okay because I also want to kill other psycho losers with bloodthirsty fantasies similar to mine

wow so kewl!
>>
File: 1494269226358.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494269226358.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>8524025
LOL I'M NOT LE EVIL RACIST IM JUST LE MISANTHROPE MEEEMM LOL JUST LIKE GEORGE CARLIN SO COOOOOOOLL

BEING AGAINST LE GRAIN IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN BEING LE BLUEPILLED KEK!!!! XDDDD

DON'T YOU LOVE MY DISCORDANT OPINIONS? LOL! GAS EVERYONE! LOL!!!!!!!!! NUKE LE EARTTH XDD EXTINCT HUMANS XDDDDDD SO 2017 BRAH SOOOOOOOOOOOOO 2017!

PRAISE LE KEK!
>>
>>8524051
I'm not an idol-worshipper.
>>
>>8524057
oh my god tip that fedora my dude.

wait sorry, trilby*, my mistake.
>>
>>8524036
>bloodthirsty fantasies
I didn't imply I would enjoy it. Just that it would be a necessity, since you are eager to cover us with shame, ridicule and guilt.
>>
>>8524140
shame and guilt are very complex emotions that i don't think you're capable of understanding. the only way to feel them is to care about what others think of you. it seems like you care a LOT, but are trying very hard to seem like you don't.
>>
>>8524147
I care about justice.

Wait, why am I even talking to you...
>>
>>8524162
oh, you're leaving? hit too close to home, did i?

how is mass murder 'justice'? you've yet to explain how your sick fantasies are more moral than loving another human being.
>>
>>8524165
We were talking about pride parades, it would be convenient for you to try to shift the subject of the conversation to same-sex love, which is an utterly different subject, unless loving now requires walking with a bunch of freaks, but I won't let you.
About justice...I don't expect you to have enough actual empathy and actual wisdom to understand. But there are far too many people who are suffering in part because of pride parades. They must be abolished.
>>
>>8524181
>empathy
>mass murder
pick one

pride parades are necessary. if you object to the specific content of them, that's one thing, and a reasonable point to make. but "no more parades and also kill a bunch of people" is disgusting. listen to yourself.
>>
>>8524181
>still blaming pride parades for the suffering of closeted gay people

>can't see the evidence of pride parades encouraging those gay people to come out and take a stand for their rights no matter what the breeders think
>>
>>8524185
You are far too deaf to listen to anyone, including yourself. The specific content of them is de facto approved by anyone who willingly participates in them. And there is almost always "specific content" which paints us as inhuman that people tolerate. Which makes them evil and enemies. And even if there is not, then the premise of pride parades is still wrong, because it achieves nothing, no matter how strongly you believe it does.
>>
>>8524190
>can't see the evidence of pride parades encouraging those gay people
encouraging them to be degenerates, cowards, misfit, ugly.
>le rights meme
Rights are nothing at all. They change on a mere breeze, but the truth of who you are is forever.
>what the breeders think counts for nothing
Then you will surely not pretend to be surprised when they are your enemies...
>>
>>8524207
>achieves nothing
okay, now you're being willfully ignorant of fact. im not sure there's anything i can really do about that. i'm not willing to do your research for you, but if you've come to such a blatantly factually incorrect conclusion, then you are TRYING to be wrong, to support your narrow, shitty worldview.

you also seem to be incredibly ignorant about the sexual habits of straight people. have you ever seen mardi gras? or anywhere with spring break parties? the degeneracy there is absolutely insane, you are simply ignoring reality.
>>
>>8524207
>it achieves nothing
Despite all the evidence to the contrary in countless nations where the police defended the parade?
>>
>>8524216
>mardi gras means we can be degenerates too
Cowards, misfits...
>>
>>8524214
>Rights are nothing
Spoken like a man who never had to worry about his rights.

>If you don't design Gay Pride parades for straight people you're anti-straight
m8, cmon now
>>
>>8524221
wow, you disgust me. to speak of "empathy" from a place of such anger and violence is truly sad.
>>
>>8524218
The police were never on your side. Idiots. They were against you when they persecuted you and they are now against you when they don't protect you against yourselves
>>
>>8524232
two cops got hitched at pride here a few years ago. it was adorable, and everyone was very happy. pls stop your constant victimhood.
>>
>>8524226
It is mentalities that must be changed according to the truth alone. You are acting against that.
>>8524235
>got hitched
I hope you're not talking about marriage, because that's degenerate and makes a joke of the last true difference.
>>
>>8524251
holy fuck you're dumb. LMAO
>>
>>8524228
Hey. I don't want to please you. I don't want to please anyone. That's not what authenticity and manliness are about.
>>
>>8524257
ah, so authenticity and manliness are the goal now, not empathy and justice. got it.

you kinda just say things without thinking about it, huh?
>>
OP back again.

>>8523908
>I mean the demonstration is *directed* at them, it is for them to witness.
As far as I am concerned, most LGBT members that are still closeted are afraid of being taken differently than fellow straight people. How doing a parade and marching down the street showing how different we are is helping these scared of being different people want to embrace that lifestyle and burst out of the closet? Especially if they are living in a homophobic household where everyone is talking shit about the parade when they watch it on TV.
>>
Why do you keep feeding this troll. He's been sperging out with retarded "opinions" for quite a while in several threads.
Hm, does he have a nickname like Cara? We should give him one.
>>
>>8524264
I just explained why I weren't meant to please you, not that justice and empathy weren't my goal, but you only understand what you want.
>>
>>8524269
You need nicknames to categorize people, to make their opinions seem less serious. I don't.
>>
>>8524268
Historical fact is that it was much, much worse before the protests that led to Pride. Maybe Pride just needs to change for the 21st century, since apparenty no one is any fun anymore.
>>
>>8524291
... categorize? it's a name, not a category... a unique need for 4chan, as we're all named anon, and kinda hard to tell apart.

i nominate edgylilbitchchan as his nick.
>>
>>8524315
We aren't talking history, we are talking about the present where people get hurt and the community is divided because of the march. Again the pride itself - great stuff, nothing wrong with that. The march - not so much. It does need to change. But not because nobody is fun anymore, but because the march really doesnt function as anything good anymore I feel like. It's not a real protest and it's not convincing anyone of anything.
>>
>>8524291
no, to mock and identify his his shitty trolling
>>
>>8524347
I'm not a troll. I genuinely believe what I write.
>>
>>8524358
that's even sadder, wtf
>>
>>8524363
What are you guys even on about
>>
>>8524358
Funny how they resort to name-calling instead of actually arguing back isn't it?
>>
>>8524417
bruh, we've done nothing but argue back while he backtracks and directly contradicts himself. it's pointless to argue with someone so convinced of their awful opinions that they ignore their OWN logic and reason to support it.
>>
>>8523439
Jajajaja. Wew lad
>>
>>8524431
Where did I contradict myself ?
>>
>>8524559
you claim empathy and justice, while advocating for mass murder based solely on your own opinions. you do not get to determine the value of a life. to take a life for any reason other than a direct threat to the safety of you and yours, is an abomination.

you are sick and twisted, believing yourself to be superior to others, though i'm sure you'll deny this with fake humility. you are what is wrong with this world, not us.
>>
>>8524409
Some faggot edgelord who thinks he's found the secrets to the universe through George Carlin.

Misanthropy is a memepill. Get a real belief system not just 12 year old I HATE EVERYWAANNNNN BECAUSE THAT WAY IT EQUAL AND I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH COMPLICATED MORAL PROBLEMS whining.
>>
>>8524417
Actually, I've debated both homophobes and "pride-freaks" (I don't know how to call them) and I find that they are both prideful. They are extremists, they lack nuance, their viewpoints are not grounded in reality.

>>8524571
Look...how are you not a threat to our safety when people are being beaten because of the danger you clearly pose to society ? Do you even realize that you are shameless ?.
>>
>>8524688
>im gonna beat you for being different
>but it's your fault for being different

this is not empathy. this is not kindness of any form. this is disgusting hatred, and you should be ashamed of yourself. your attempts at arguments keep showing me how deeply disturbed you are. to not see your own hypocrisy is terrifying.
>>
>>8524702
You are willfully blind. There is difference, and there is "difference". When people see freaks parading shamelessly, they develop antibodies. And then there is collateral damage. And it's all at least partly because of you, if not entirely.
>>
>>8524749
i do not have to change myself to appease others. especially not those who threaten me with violence and inequality. i will not give in to your demands. i will continue to be who i am, regardless of who hates me for it, because i know in my heart that they are simply hateful, awful people like you.
>>
File: faggots.jpg (96KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
faggots.jpg
96KB, 960x720px
>>8523450
This is you, my dude.
>>
>>8524753
So you admit you lack shame and decency ?
>>
>>8524753
Everyone knows things in their hearts, you know...That's what's interesting about life.
>>
>>8524754
that's adorable, and a lot of assumptions. i am a shy person. i don't dress or act this way at all, and find this type of person to be annoying, and tend to distance myself from them. however, i will always defend their right to act however the fuck they want, because it is not hurting anyone else.

>>8524756
shame, yes. shame is what you feel when you think others are judging you. i know that you are judging me, but i also know that you have an extremely skewed moral compass.

decency? no, that's just your opinion on what decency is, which you seem to base on appeasing others. what an awful way to live your life. i am a kind, generous person. i give to charity, and try to live my life to hurt as few people as possible along the way. can you say the same?
>>
File: 20160625_175540.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160625_175540.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
I dont blame him. Is this was being gay and proud equates to? Trash everywhere from drunken hooliganism?
>>
>>8524768
> i will always defend their right to act however the fuck they want, because it is not hurting anyone else.
Talk of a skewed moral compass.
>>
>>8524773
>intentionally oblivious to all the hetero degeneracy
lol

>>8524791
>defending the right of another human being to exist how they please
yep, i believe in freedom, and justice. again, i don't think you can say the same.
>>
>>8524791
So you can't say the same and repeat whats previously stated to make some sort of point? Talk about a waste of effort.
>>
>>8524797
You believe in false freedom and false justice.
>>
>>8524801
no, i don't believe in your twisted brand of personal justice at the expense of others. big difference.
>>
>>8524797
>there is such a thing as innocence

90% of everything is shit
>>
>>8524805
i never mentioned the word innocence, but sure, if you have a conscience that guilty as to have to project it onto others.
>>
>>8524801
ARTIFICIAL freedom and ARTIFICIAL fun just like on 2012 /v/ XD

you're not actually having any emotions you just THINK you're having emotions!! ahahahahahha loool i am le jesus I know every1's emotional state automatically PRAISE ME
>>
>>8524810
What is the actual difference between a hetero festival and pride event? And yes I have a lot of regrets
>>
>>8524816
there generally isn't one? sexuality and degeneracy run rampant at both.

that's cool that you recognize your regrets and flaws, but please don't force them on me. i am not ashamed of what i am or who i love.
>>
>>8524820
=)
>>
>>8524417
We've been arguing with him for a week and he's still spouting the same self-contradicting, self-loathing hateful nonsense.
It's time to stop.
>>
>>8524773
Another reason to ask question as to WHY DO WE NEED TO FUCKING MARCH DOWN THE FUCKING STREETS WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK
>>
>>8523684
I can only assume its people who are in their early 20's. I'm 28 and I actually remember how gays were shit on in the 90's and early 00's.
>>
>>8525266
>implying "gay acceptance" isn't already quickly coming to a deserved ending
>>
>>8525266
>I actually remember how gays were shit on in the 90's and early 00's.
Please tell.
>>
>>8525283
>/polgbt/ pretending like they won't be first to the rope as always
>>
>>8523439
I'd say he's partly right.
Even if it doesn't fuel the hate (you really do not need pride for that when a simple strawman suffices), it's practically useless.
It's not a safe place when you need thousands of cops to protect you from a violent mob, assuming you don't have to worry about the cops yourself.
Secondly it doesn't improve the position of gays anywhere really.
>>
OP here.

>>8525395
Interesting. Many more people are taking this side of the argument. I am pretty much convinced. I tought all LGBT members were all in for the parade, guess I was wrong. Why do people do it nevertheless? Just for the fun?
>>
>>8525452
Overwhelming majority of people do it because it's yet another party. That's really it.
Yes there are sexual deviants, yes there are people who go to get laid, yes there are businesses, etc. but really most people there just want to party.
Pride is a boring party though mind you, it's just everyone's invited and you now get brownie points for showing up.
>>
>>8525474
Wow. It really is, isn't it?
I'm honestly a bit shook. I was such an advocate for the march and now that I am actually thinking about it, it literally has no use. I still stand behind what I said that there should be a place or happening where LGBT people gather, but not a march.
Maybe it would be needed in countries where gay marriage is not happening yet (like mine), where it would be more of a protest? But then again, I never see them advocating for marriage rights. They never actually do all the legal stuff, they just play music on the streets and dance. This is not how you change the law.
>>
>>8525487
Gay marriage is a joke, and I'm not talking about monogamy. Stop pretending.
>>
>>8525494
>monogamy is a joke
Have fun dying of AIDS.
>>
>>8525500
I LITERALLY SAID I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT MONOGAMY ARE YOU VISUALLY IMPAIRED MY FRIEND ? DO I HAVE TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND ? BECAUSE I CAN DO THAT IF YOU WANT.
>>
>>8525487
The concept of being proud of oneself isn't new or exclusive, and it was definitely necessary in a group that for such a long time was treated as if they were nothing but rabid animals to be put down. Pride brought back that humanity.
But, Pride parades are a different story now. I don't agree with shutting them down or whatever, there are plenty of events across the globe that are just parties (and I'm sure PP brings in some tourism money) - but I don't place much care about it.

Encouraging people to support their local lgbt businesses, encouraging volunteer work, protesting, voting for those with solid policies locally, etc. is much more beneficial to the communities. Of course, that's all much harder work than partying so people prefer to praise Pride Parades.
>>
>>8525511
>Pride brought back that humanity.
And then quickly removed it. You disagreeing with shutting them also proves that.
>>
>>8525516
I don't agree with that. Even at worst, it still provides LGBT communities with an example of 'what they aren't'. Literally the act of relating themselves to their 'straight' communities.
>>
>>8525509
You mad?
>>
>>8523691
You've got the wrong idea. It's doing harm for some people because when someone says they're lgbt people instantly think of flamboyant personalities or that you're not being serious. Parades ruin the seriousness of the situation by making a huge spectacle of the whole idea. I don't want parades pretending to represent who I am sexually attracted to.
Though it has also done some good by promoting equal rights and freedom for people who are actually oppressed either by their laws, peers, or social stigmas.
The bad does outweigh the good imo.
>>
>>8525526
Not yet...MY FRIEND.
>>
>>8525494
Why is it a joke?
>>8525509
I'm laughing at how you are literally screaming and saying ''my friend''. Just tought I would mention.

>>8525511
There definitely are plenty of events that are just parties. But LGBT people are so passionate about the parade they are ready to fight anyone that it is needed. Also, again, in countries where neo nazi marches are happening still, there is no room for parties. There should be something done about this. As you said, things much more beneficial to the community. But the media is shoving this ''EVERYTHING IS OKAY!!! GO MARCH ON THE STREET NAKED AND COVER YOURSELF IN GLITTER!!! YOU'RE ACCEPTED!'' bullshit, just because its like that in America and some other countries. And people here see that and naturally want to participate, who doesn't want to go to a party. And we go out marching for fun until someone from the anti gay march comes and literally tries to kill people. Then suddenly something has to be done about it. Until the next parade where people once again do nothing but fucking walk down the streat blasting gay anthems and throwing glitter, claiming that they are ''fighting''.
>>
>>8525551
>Why is it a joke?
Because...it's embarrasing. It's cringy. It's not needed for monogamy in any way, shape or form. It's the stealing of a symbol that never belonged to us.
>>
>>8525563
With the risk of me sounding like a complete imbecile, I still don't get it. How is it embarrasing? As a gay person I want to be able to get married, why is that bad?
>>
>>8525577
Just...imagine being a straight guy and having to look at that.
>>
>>8525577
he's a cuck for a straight cock, ignore him.
>>
>>8525599
I'm not a cuck and I don't care what straight people think, The true cucks to straight people are those that want to resemble them.
>>
>>8525619
>I'm not a cuck
>"we must protect the sanctity of heteromarriage at all costs!"
>not a cuck
are you one of those blacks that fought for the south?
>>
>>8525588
So? It's not very easy for me to imagine that I am a straight guy since I'm a queer woman, but still...if the straight guy is not okay with gay marriage he is just homophobic. Same goes with everything else - relationships for example. ''It's embarassing, imagine a straight guy having to look at that''
>>
>>8523829
>>8523857
>>8523875

I'm closeted and in a mostly non-homophobic country but the whole Pride thing needs to change to get the people who are still unsure out, at this point it's just a circlejerk for confident people to say 'aren't we great' but a parade of normal people who don't act like the worst stereotypes of gay people in front of millions isn't as fun as a Pride party

I think people should be allowed to be in the closet if they want to be, after all they aren't hurting anyone either
>>
>>8525640
>if the straight guy is not okay with gay marriage he is just homophobic
What do you know of homophobia ? Not that much, I assume.
>>
>>8525651
I know enough. Can you explain to me why gay marriage is embarassing and something we should not strive for without the argument ''Imagine a straigh man looking at it''. Tell me why it is bad for us.
>>
>>8525664
Because it's not the norm and should not be made a norm.
>>
>>8525563
Straight man here. What in the god damned hell are you are talking about?
>>
>>8525677
being left-handed is not the norm
ban all tools made for lefties! they are mocking righties!
>>
>>8525838
Are you a straight man or a "straight man" ?
>>
>>8525874
Straight-to-bed with the first guy I see.
>>
>>8525879
zing
>>
>>8523439
>manifestation
kek
>>
File: BLM ransom demands.jpg (243KB, 807x823px) Image search: [Google]
BLM ransom demands.jpg
243KB, 807x823px
>>8523842
>>
File: black lives matter toronto.png (687KB, 681x554px) Image search: [Google]
black lives matter toronto.png
687KB, 681x554px
>>8524232
>>
>>8526686
Am I supposed to give an opinion about that ?
>>
>>8525677
Being gay is not the norm either, might aswell cancel that too. You heard him everybody, we are done! Go home, its not the norm! Party's over!
>>
>>8523439
pride represents a transition to a society of control. Identities are now micromanaged and made to serve commercial and political ends. grey areas eliminated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uem7QFp0uKY

>>8523829
>But who is the parade for? Who is the march for?

It is a spectacle that exists only for itself. Before, gay people were expected to stay in the closet, now, they are expected to perform their gayness publicly in order to sell commodities
>>
>>8528584
You just pretend not to understand. To establish gay marriage means that it could become the norm, which would be wrong.
>>
>>8528737
>Identities are now micromanaged

kek
>>
>>8523867

And yet the LGBT community will do EXACTLY what the rest of society has done which is to cave into their demands just to shut them the hell up or to avoid being called a racist...
Welcome to 2017
>>
>>8528738
>it could become the norm

You're afraid that everyone is going to turn gay unless they outlaw it?

Being gay is not a choice.
It happens in 1-3% of the population.
The vast majority of people are heterosexual and this does not change, even when gay marriage is de-criminalized.
>>
>>8528737

>It is a spectacle that exists only for itself.
Who does this help? In America or the UK maybe it could be seen as a spectacle and nobody would get hurt, but queer people in some contries die because of the parade.

>>8528738
I genuinely do not understand. Why would it be bad to be the norm?
>>
>>8528792
>Why would it be bad to be the norm?
Now I seriously hope you're just pretending to be retarded...
>>
File: 1417400918998.png (314KB, 572x474px) Image search: [Google]
1417400918998.png
314KB, 572x474px
>>8528738
>if gay couples are given the same legal rights as straight couples then WE ALL TURN GAY
>>
>>8528811
No dude, thats fucking stupid. It doesn't matter if gay marriage is legal, the same amount of people would stay gay. Being gay doesn't depend on if its ''legal''.
>>
>>8528837
>>8528816
>we're so cowardly we want to resemble straight people, perhaps they'll accept us better then.
>>
File: 1397508_1280x720.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1397508_1280x720.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>8528792
>Who does this help?
the marketers of commodities. self congratulatory liberal society. The reason our civilisation indulges in over the top displays of 'tolerance' is because deep down it remains aware of its massive potential for violence. Progress is an illusion. The mechanisms of surveillance and control are stronger and more effective than ever.
>>
>>8528862
Being gay and wanting to marry a gay partner is not about straight people at all? Who told you that gay people get married because they want to resemble straight people?
>>
>>8528925
Because that's just how they do it. Idiot.
>>
>>8528899
>The reason our civilisation indulges in over the top displays of 'tolerance' is because deep down it remains aware of its massive potential for violence.

that isn't a reason and it doesn't make any sense, nor is it verifiable.
you're just spouting gibberish at this point.
try to be coherent or else go away.
>>
>>8528937
There are so much things that straight people do in a relationship because they are in a relationship and gay people do them too not because thats the way straight people do it, but because they fucking want to. Straight people have sex, gay people do that just to resemble straight people i guess!
>>
>>8528988
deliberately trying to be an 'edgy anti assimilationist queer' is defining yourself in contrast to some imagined straight other. Just another way of being an enslaved sheeple imo
>>
>>8525563

I'm sorry, but I think hospital visitation rights and the other legal benefits of being married take precedence over me caring about whether random people on the street are "weirded out".
>>
I love pride. First time getting into it and heck yeah, it's my jam.

I go to a place and I can just talk to anybody and get some advice about my harder to swallow feelings. Hold hands with the boy I like and not even give a second thought.

I don't care about the other shit and political impact if i'm honest. I like it because it was the first time I went out and I had a proper GOOD time.

Everyone there just seemed to be walking around enjoying themselves. I didn't get what the big deal was really. Just a happy day with some events and a bunch of gays and people in capes.

Really it was a bit of a confidence boost I guess and a place where I felt safe with every aspect of me. To an extent I'll try to take that confidence with me outside of that but I always have to be hesitant. I suppose the feeling is that people are less likely to jump me for cuddling a cute guy when damn near everybody around me is LGBTQWTFMk.IIIEX:Championship Edition.

I'm talking in circles because I'm giddy thinking about it. Had a really good time, both days I went to events and looking forward to two more in different locations.
>>
>>8529118
when you jump into a conversation without knowing what came before, you are bound to make inaccurate assumptions and stick your foot in your mouth.
>>
>>8529118
Nobody is ''trying'' to be anything, people just do what they want to fucking do. As >>8529153 said, not everything is about being edgy and being in contrast with whoever.
You are always going to be an enslaved sheeple, married or not, but thats besides the point.

>>8529158
I'm glad you had a good time, but again this is not what this thread is about I feel like. I said previously that Pride is a good thing as a place to gather with people from the community and have fun, release something that you would otherwise hide or just be able to be with your SO in peace without being scared. But again - this has nothing to do with the march after the gathering. The march serves as absolutely nothing. It is mostly pointless.
>>
>>8529281
>The march serves as absolutely nothing. It is mostly pointless.
You're wrong.
It is a way of reminding people that we exist and that we are a part of the fabric of social life in the city and that our needs should be taken into account when planning for the future.
>>
>>8529330
Can't we remind people that we are a part of social life in any other way but marching on the streets naked and screaming? Again, I am from a quite conservative country. Pride here is safe up until we start marching. I'm so pissed at how easy it is for Americans and British people to say these things like ''we want to remind people of us, we want to have fun, its a party'' and all that when people in countris like mine die because of the march. Don't you get it? The gay parade is a whole different culture. During june especially, it is everywhere. In tv, on the internet. And people in big and forward countries are having fun because of it, Buzzfeed even made the ''Gay prom'' or whatever that was...and when queer people in countries like mine see this, they want to do it too. Forgetting that anti gay parades still exist they go out and get beaten up, locked by authorities, hated on because of the march. Because everyone else in the LGBT community is shoving this ''you NEED TO GO OUT AND BE PROUD'' shit down our throats. Do you really think we don't want to? We just can't. And nobody sees that because media is too busy representing buzzfeeds gay prom and how much fun they had, while june is literally hell for people in other countries. You are right that we have to remind people of our presence, but being silent for a whole year and then going out on the streets covered in glitter for one day does nothing in countries like mine, exept fueling hate and making people dispise us even more. Countries like mine need education. Americans need to get the stick out of their ass and start educating homophobes instead of making gay people shove their gayness down homophobes' throats. Thats not the way to go.
>>
>>8529381
Well you pretend to know everything but don't have any answers or solutions.

I guess you think that you're making changes by typing paragraphs that three trannies are going to read.
>>
>>8529446
I am well aware that I won't make changes by typing anything here, I just can't help but get mad about people assuming that everything in the LGBT community is great and we are accepted now and its going amazing, cause it's not. I could at least enlighten someone who has no idea where Europe is on the fucking card about the fact that it isn't actually all sunshine and rainbows.
I do have answers and solutions, but as you said why bother typing them here.
>>
>>8529552
>types another paragraph about enlightening people on europe.
>claims to have solutions but doesn't offer them

everyone knows europe is fucked.
what do you want us to do about it?
you should be lecturing angela merkel not 4chan.
but you don't want to go out in the street.
so send her an email.
i doubt she'll get it.
>>
>>8529600
>Thinking that Angela Merkel represents Europe as a whole.
I'm ending this joke of a conversation here. Stay in your fog of gay acceptance.
Whoever wants to add anything else is more than welcome to do it.
>>
>>8523439
I was gonna go to London pride, but the people I was gonna go with ghosted on me.
My boyfriend is a grump and hates crowds, and I can't really complain because I do too. I just wanted a reason to not want to go.
But then a friend suggested we go biking together, so fuck pride. The shitty behaviour endemic to the community has stopped me wanting to go.
Fuck london booze prices anyway. I don't want to take out a mortgage to get pissed.
>>
OP here

>>8532327
All I gotta say is you probably made the right choice mate...also yes, fuck London booze prices.
>>
>>8532327
>>8532336
>getting drunk around children

Absolute degeneracy.
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.