[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How badly did I handle this situation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Flag_1024x1024.jpg (82KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_1024x1024.jpg
82KB, 1024x683px
I have a lot of social anxiety/phobia and I'm worried about how poorly I handled myself here
>be straight male
>coming back from lunch with a couple coworkers, they want to go to the office pride party so I tag along.
>leave alone to get some work done, high ranking gay member of the office leaves at the same time as me
>we talk about work for a bit, then he says:
>"did you hear about drinks after work"
>"no"
>"oh, we're going to a gay bar just down the block, want to join"
>"i-i-i'm not gay" (yes, i literally did stammer like an autist)
>"o-oh no it's for everyone...we announced that at the party, maybe you missed that" (i did)

The vibe I was getting is that he did think I might be gay, maybe i'm just paranoid.

Anyway, my question is, was I rude? I hope not. I feel like I should have just said "no thanks"

P.s. I apologize if Im misusing this board.
>>
just let him stick it in your bum kid, you'll enjoy it
>>
>>8521957
Not rude but he probably think you're socially awkward and don't pay much attention to things. Not sure if that makes you feel any better or not.
>>
>>8521957
>don't pay much attention to things
what do you mean?
>>
you didn't do anything bad, you just assumed they assumed you were gay, which is reasonable when asked to a gay bar, and you cleared it up with them that even though you're not you're still invited. you're probably way overthinking it, they probably don't even remember and didn't think about it at all after you spoke, so don't fret over it

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do"

:)
>>
>>8521957
>"oh, we're going to a gay bar just down the block, want to join"
>"i-i-i'm not gay"
>"o-oh no it's for everyone...we announced that at the party, maybe you missed that"
>oh, ok cool...sounds good
what is so difficult about this
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.