[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/trans/ - Transgender

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: trans.jpg (21KB, 586x417px) Image search: [Google]
trans.jpg
21KB, 586x417px
Can Transgender peoples receive their own board?

More than half the threads posted on /lgbt/ are transgender-related. This leaves little room for lesbian, gay and bisexual discussion. This is extremely unbalanced and warrants a change.

My suggestion would be to name the new board /trans/ for Transgender topics and the old board will be renamed to /lgb/ for Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual topics. The creation of this new board would benefit both parties, as it would allow more room for both kinds of posters (transgender and homosexual) to discuss topics relative to each board.

Hiroyuki did say that each board would be allowed to have at least one thread to discuss issues and solutions regarding that board. So mods, please allow criticisms. Thank you.
>>
>>8520368
No thanks. The trolling would be unbearable. You don't get /lgbt/. It would be /trans/ and /gay/. I feel like it would cause more shitposters.
>>
That's because the trannies outnumber you, idiot. If you made an /lgb/ board it would have close to no activity. This board is slow as fuck as it is.
>>
>>8520368
What is the point of splitting a half dead board into 2 dead boards?
>>
File: 3e9.png (698KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
3e9.png
698KB, 600x640px
>>8520368
>This leaves little room for lesbian, gay and bisexual discussion.

You don't understand how the software works.
If there actually were Lesbians, gays and bisexuals on this board making threads and bumping them, then they would have an active presence.

The fact that the only people who come here are nazis who love dickgirls means that is what all the threads represent.

If you want diversity go to facebook, tumblr, reddit, etc.
>>
It's completely unnecessary. This board isn't fast enough to warrant it, there's plenty of variety of posts even if the majority about trans things (they have more to discuss).
>>
>>8520388
>No thanks. The trolling would be unbearable.
Isn't it already unbearable?

>What is the point of splitting a half dead board into 2 dead boards?
It's dead for a reason, cause nothing can be discussed when it is bombarded by shitposters, /pol/fags, and circle-jerking tripfags.

This board is scaring away people for who it is meant for.
>>
>>8520454
Make an lgb board and enjoy your 1 new post a week and threads that live literal eternities only to still have non straight trans people on your board.
>>
>>8520368

One of the negative side-effects of the explosion of the Internet is that people online aren't put in a position to listen to diverse viewpoints and defend their own. It's counterintuitive since the whole premise of the World Wide Web was one of connectedness, but the reality is that it's easy to limit oneself to narrow communities of like-minded individuals. The result of this is group-think and lazy, unreflective thinking.

This website is of course an absolute cesspool, but the fairly small number of boards does serve to force more diverse groups to share and defend their prespectives. XBox, Playstation, and Nintendo players are forced to share /v/; Marvel and DC fans can't escape each other in /tv/; ditto the football world in /sp/, Tolstoy-vs-Dostoyevsky debaters in /lit/, and so on.

And so it is here. Trans individuals have a number of similar concerns as others in the GSRM community, so it stands to reason to keep them together. Those who doubt the legitimacy of transgenderism are forced to consider and evaluate their own views, and trans people can teach and learn from others as well. This would be lost by splintering the community into walled-off echo chambers.
>>
File: 1467521817380.jpg (30KB, 500x443px) Image search: [Google]
1467521817380.jpg
30KB, 500x443px
>>8520478
IF what you said is true, then how come Pokemon, MLP, wrestling, mecha, international random, etc. get their own boards? Then there are other boards like /vg/, /vr/, /aco/ and /h/, and other boards that completely destroys your "theory" of how 4chan works.

If anything, the point I shared above should further prove why /trans/ should be a thing...
>>
>>8520463
literally /hm/
>>
>>8520516

I do think that some of those boards you mention were started for containment purposes. I do agree too that a relatively large number of threads here are specific to trans interests, to the exclusion of others. It does help to have generals for things like cis lesbian and so on; maybe the amount of trans threads will subside somewhat and fall into more of a similar pattern to the rest of the board
>>
File: 1445363590527.png (172KB, 600x696px) Image search: [Google]
1445363590527.png
172KB, 600x696px
>>8520368
You faggots couldn't carry a board yourself and it'd be quickly deleted. Face it, we're essential to you.
>>
>>8520368
They have one on 420chan.
>>
>>8520368
>I don't understand how 4chan works: the post
>>
>>8520609
see >>8520516
>>
>>8520516
/asp/ isn't exclusively a wrestling board.

We just happen to be the only people who post most of the time.

According to your logic us wrestling posters are the reason that there aren't more skateboarding, airsoft, or HEMA threads. When the reality is there just isn't as much of an interest in those topics.

With that said I don't care if /trans/ becomes a thing, because we'll be fine. It's everyone else that will be left with a board slower than /3/.
>>
>>8520368
I would be perfectly happy for LGB posters to be sent to their own board or at least required to keep their posts to a very limited number of generals.
>>
No, how am I supposed to know what's up in the in the tranny world?
>>
>>8520619
See >>8520562
>>
>>8520619
this is (at least) year old but shows that lgbt isn't that large of a board. Trans threads makes up majority of /lgbt/, so hypothetical /trans/ board would have only slightly less traffic than current /lgbt/ while hypothetical /lgb/ board would be a ghost town and waste of space.
>>
If there were enough of you fags to warrant a board, you'd already have it. There are so many trans posts because we vastly outnumber you. That's just how it works.

If anything, /lgbt/ should just be changed to /trans/ and that would be the end of it.
>>
>>8520368
/fit/ is your /LGB/
>>
>>8520764

SAY...
Trans could take over /tg/
Gays get into /d/
Fetishists to /an/
and Asexuals to /diy/
>>
Old request.

People have been asking for a /trap/ board since 2007.
>>
>>8521038
And when we finally got it we had to share it with the LGB fags.
>>
File: 1474307645479.jpg (8KB, 250x165px) Image search: [Google]
1474307645479.jpg
8KB, 250x165px
>>8520368
Look at me. We are the LGBT now.
>>
>>8520863
If the gay group is big enough, it can take in 8=/co/=and=/ck/=>
>>
>>8520368
Prob not a bad idea as long as each board didn't ban the other group
>>
>>8520863
>asexual to sit

Best. Comment. Ever.
>>
It isnt leving little room if they juat dont choose to use it
>>
>>8521532
????
>>
>>8520368
Sure, we'll take this one, I mean you're all always whining about how this should be called the tranny board with the overwhelming threads and discussion about trans topics.

You deserve to go have your own board, though desu you might be unpleasantly surprised when you realize that you can't sustain the traffic of even the slowest board and get deleted or come back begging to join the trannies.
>>
>>8521920
I'm guessing they meant something like what >>8520676 >>8520680 >>8520422 >>8520390 were saying, that it's not a matter of trannies somehow suppressing others and, in the words of the op, "leaving little room" for lgb people but that lgb peopel simpley aren't producing threads and discussion to fill the availible room.

Basically people whine that it's the trannies fault that there's so little lgb and others are saying that's a scapegoat and there just isn't that much lgb discussion to be had.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.