[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A tad triggered there mate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

A tad triggered there mate
>>
>>8515004
>filename
kek
he's right though, which is an accomplishment because blanchard is usually wrong when he isn't talking about science
using a synonym for 'disprove' as a synonym for 'argue against' is one of the many cancers that is killing debate
>>
>>8515012
Arent you that really weird hon that makes all those pseudo-scientific explanations about HSTS and AGP?
>>
>>8515016
We don't know whether Trent's a hon (male). It is a mystery. Maybe he's secretly alpha as fuck.
>>
>>8515016
this is the second time this week someone's assumed i'm natal male
the first was cureanon, so this is a letdown by comparison
>>
>>8515019
You mean Cureanonette*

It's a statistically likely guess given the population of this board.
>>
File: the so-called LGBT community.png (49KB, 636x337px) Image search: [Google]
the so-called LGBT community.png
49KB, 636x337px
>>8515012
>blanchard is usually wrong when he isn't talking about science
>>
>>8515054
How could any one man be more right
>>
>>8515054
exactly, that's an example of blanchard talking about something that isn't science and being wrong
albeit a mild example, which is pretty disappointing -- the people who mistake me for some kind of blanchard cultist usually have much more spectacular examples of bullshit, git gud
>>8515037
i've never thought of trent as a unisex name, and you'd expect most of the natal males on /tttt/ to have unisex or female names
>>
>>8515065
>and being wrong
By all means please debunk him.
>>
File: 1498742355135.png (48KB, 636x337px) Image search: [Google]
1498742355135.png
48KB, 636x337px
>>8515054
fixed
>>
File: Virtue Signalling.jpg (149KB, 707x810px) Image search: [Google]
Virtue Signalling.jpg
149KB, 707x810px
>>8515075
Why tinfoil hat that image when there are much better ones?
>the SJW doctors are just virtue signalling
>actual /pol/-tier arguments
>>
>>8515065
>i've never thought of trent as a unisex name, and you'd expect most of the natal males on /tttt/ to have unisex or female names
Nah, they think you're a repression hon
>>
>>8515069
the arguments against 'lgbt' based on lgb and t being entirely different don't make sense because hstses were not routinely separated from cisgays until extremely recently, especially on the ftm side of things (indeed, several prominent historical lesbians identified as both butch and ftm over the course of their lives) -- t is completely intertwined with lgb for that reason, particularly because of the extreme allyship between both groups at some parts of history (most prominently reed erickson's foundation, the foundation for all lgbt activism as we know it, and most famously from the trans women at stonewall). certain anti-t lgb people claim that the historical transsexuals involved in lgbt activism were in fact 'drag queens' or other terms, but this is forgetting that hstses and lgbs *weren't* separated until recently -- what we now call trans women would often identify as drag queens, what we now call trans men would often identify as butch lesbians, but historically revising them as today's more obviously cis examples of such ignores that their experiences have far more in common with hstses than cisgays.
also, a*ps are extremely likely to *become* lgb, and transbians and transgays have been involved in championing lgb causes post-transition, two prominent examples being beth elliott's work with the daughters of bilitus and lou sullivan's aids activism (oh, there were also all the trans women who died of aids...)
'lgbt' exists because lgbt really is a movement, especially historically, and you can't cleave reality at the joints by pretending trans people are orthogonal to lgb experience
>>
>>8515083
Tell me again why homosexuality stopped being considered a disorder.
>>
>>8515087
This is a pathetic debunking and never even scratches at his statement. Please try again.
>>
>>8515087
>the arguments against 'lgbt' based on lgb and t being entirely different
Not what Blanchard was saying.

Blanchard: 1
The "LGBT community": 0
>>
>>8515089
Because a disorder is something that harms the individual or causes them to be harmful to those around them, not just anything statistically uncommon.
>>
>>8515098
If that wasn't a disingenuous lie it would never have been considered a disorder in the first place.
>>
>>8515089
Tell me why it should.
>>
>>8515112
Not going to waste my time /pol/tard.
>>
>>8515103
It was only considered a disorder in the first place due to social momentum and the tendency of the psychologists of yore to pathologize all abnormalities that society looked down on at the time.
>>
>>8515133
Now read >>8515083 again.
>>
>>8515122
You've got it the wrong way friendo, I'm not /pol/. I asked him to provide reasons why it should be considered a disorder.
>>
I'm so tired of all this.
>>
>>8515140
Oh right, read the context.
>>
>>8515137
He's patently wrong. Gender Dysphoria is considered to be a disorder. Gender Identity Disorder isn't a thing anymore. A transitioned transsexual who does not experience dysphoria is considered to be healthy by the DSM-5. His post starts with a nuh-huh that blatantly contradicts the document followed by the accusation that the change was only put into place because the people who instated it were "virtue-signalling", as opposed to the general movement in psychology to only pathologize conditions that make an individual noxious to oneself or to others. It concludes with the admission that he has no actual authority to say this.
>>
>>8515152
>is considered to be healthy by the DSM-5
The DSM written by the same people you were talking about >>8515133?
>>
>>8515157
The DSM-5 was released a scant few years ago, so no, it was not written by the psychologists of yore.
>>
Why is Blanchard so stupid and how does someone so stupid get such a large following?

Like he claims things that are easily proven wrong by a google search and nobody bats an eye. It baffles me.
>>
>>8515163
>Large following
He doesn't. Most of his followers are literally TERFs. Not even making it up. Go to his twitter and look right now.

4chan shitposters employ his memes because /pol/ards gonna /pol/ard
>>
>>8515152
>It concludes with the admission that he has no actual authority to say this.
Unlike the psychologists in >>8515133

>>8515160
Sure, they were wrong then but this time they're infallible.
>>
>>8515186
>People of a certain profession were wrong in the past ergo people of that profession can't be trusted now
>>
>>8515196
Why do you want to trust them now, besides them being virtue-signalling SJWs?
>>
>>8515208
Not that anon but why wouldn't you? Homosexuality being a disorder made no sense, just like transexuality being one. Gender dysphoria however is, since its harmful.
>>
>>8515233
>but why wouldn't you?
See the second half of the previous post.
>>
>>8515208
>Why trust physicists now if Phlogiston isn't real?
>Why trust doctors now if Miasma theory is false?
>Why trust chemists now if alchemy is mostly nonsensical mysticism?
>>
>>8515237
Because they actually have better science and didn't just change their minds out of social pressure and being SJWs.
>>
>>8515235
Sorry, I don't get it.
>>
>>8515245
Or they realized calling an unharmful condition a disorder just because it is rare makes no bloody sense.
>>
>>8515250
>them being virtue-signalling SJWs?

>>8515253
As if they cared about what makes sense.
>>
>>8515256
Okay, let me flip this around: on what basis do you think otherwise? What's harmful about homosexuality? Why is a happily transitioned transsexual ill?
>>
>>8515260
Those aren't the issue here.
>>
>>8515266
That's exactly the issue. You claim that they said what they did despite it not being true. Okay. Show that it is not true.
>>
>>8515256
>>them being virtue-signalling SJW?
What? Don't avoid my point. Homosexuality is harmless so they were wrong. How are they wrong now about non-dysphoric transexuality?
>>
>>8515054
Is it just me or is that tweet just mindless words? Like most communities aren't real things, they're just abstract concepts so I mean the lgbt community isn't different here.
>>
>>8516228
Or maybe he means something different?
>>
>>8516231
I have no idea what he could mean outside of what people usually mean when talking about communities in a political sense. All communities are just groups of people artificially tied together for the sake of strength in numbers, its like the "Christian community" made up of many different denominations, or the "poc community" made up of lots of ethnic minorities, at the end of the day neither of these have any more cohesion than the lgbt community. What is exactly is his point here?
>>
>>8516260
That the activists who represent "the community" are not at all representative of the actual LGBT majority.
>>
>>8515065
>>8515086
Yes, please stop repressing Trent, and become the femboy (female) that we all know that you can be and want to be.
>>
>>8516440
Just because somebody's agp doesn't mean they must want to be a girl/trap/femboy!
>>
Why is blanchard wrong?
>>
Psychology is not even a real science for fuck sake, can't even do proper peer review. Most of the time a research just gets green lit. See some Dutch retard who faked a meat eaters are aggressive paper. This dudes accomplishments are not even accredited by a community with no standards whatsoever, who the fuck cares.

t. /sci/
>>
>>8515016
Nah, it''s an Ayyden.
>>
>>8516468
He isn't.

Or did you mean about this?
>>
I am not trying to insult anyone, but I have a question for trans people:

Should being trans not be considered a mental illness?
What about gender dysphoria?

I get that a trans person having taken hormone therapy can fix their dysphoria so they won’t have a mental illness anymore. But isn’t gender dysphoria by its definition a mental illness?

>>8515089
Gay/lesbian/bi = no harm to the individual by itself, no treatment need
Trans = dysphoria which causes discomfort to the individual + treatment needed
In both cases it can be used as an insult against both groups.

Are people opposed to categorizing gender dysphoria as a mental illness? Why?

There should be nothing wrong with admitting you have mental illness.

I've seen the argument that trans people can function in society so being trans shouldn't be considered a mental disorder. But that doesn't negate the fact that gender dysphoria exists and it has negative effects on a person. Also, other people with mental illness can function well in society as well.

And if people work to declassify it as a mental illness, couldn’t that backfire and cause companies to stop giving treatment to trans people?

The way I see it, the only “benefits” to declassifying gender dysphoria as a mental illness are:
- Delegitimizes people who use “mentally ill” as an insult to trans people, though I doubt that would work since those people are still going to hate trans people no matter what they call them.
- People who identify as “trans” but don’t have gender dysphoria want to separate the two being associated with each other.
- Mental illness has a negative connotation to it. So not calling it mental illness might make trans people more comfortable/feel better about themselves. But this is a bit weird. Wouldn’t it be better to just reduce the stigma of mental illness in general instead?

Is this post offensive?
>>
>>8519822
>if people work to declassify it as a mental illness, couldn’t that backfire and cause companies to stop giving treatment to trans people?
What you're saying is you want to be considered mentally ill, never mind the logic behind that, because it suits your politics for extorting insurance and healthcare organizations?
>>
>>8519534
I have no idea. As long as hes talked about hes always winning
>>
>>8519918
Loaded language: Extorting
Disengage. Disingenuous poster.
>>
>>8519932
All language is loaded. You only notice it the times it calls things you believe into question.
>>
>>8519822
>Trans = dysphoria which causes discomfort to the individual + treatment needed
>Are people opposed to categorizing gender dysphoria as a mental illness? Why?
Because the 'treatment' is just hrt, which women take compared to trannies, like 20:1.
It's just the opposite hormones we want. It's not an illness.
>>
>>8516468
Because he's a dumbfuck
>>
>>8519822
Gender Dysphoria is classified as an illness. Being trans is not. A non-dysphoric transsexual is not ill. Hormones and surgery just serve to align mind and body.
>>
>>8516228
>Is it just me or is that tweet just mindless words? Like most communities aren't real things, they're just abstract concepts so I mean the lgbt community isn't different here.

Yes, but there is a difference between the degree to which concept corresponds to soemthing in the real world. Tigers are an abstract concept, but unlike dragons there is something in the real world which alings witht eh concept. If it say that there is a "touch carpet community" (the community of people who poke a corner of the carpet in their living), is this community less or more real than the lgbt community?
>>
>>8515087
>>
>>8515083
Lmao. Seeing Blanchard actually use the term "virtue signalling" is a trip.
>>
>>8515087
>pride parades kick out gay trump supports but supports sharia law
>the lgbt "we are pro-palestinian" movement

he is right
>>
>>8527267
When isn't he?
>>
>>8523596
>is this community less or more real than the lgbt community?
Equally true.
>>
>>8515087
>Trent makes a decent post
well i'll be dammed
>>
>>8536395
Shame it had nothing whatsoever to do with the topic.
>>
File: 782472489.jpg (63KB, 624x626px) Image search: [Google]
782472489.jpg
63KB, 624x626px
>>8515087
>b experience
>>
>>8536395
I've talked to Trent on Skype and he sounds surprisingly normal and non-autistic when you can actually hear his Poketuber voice.
>>
>>8515087
Drag is acting, trans is a life style
>>
>>8536474
>Poketuber voice
???
>>
>>8536474
ftm autism just makes them more like normal men, not like male autists
I dont save sources but look it up if you are interested
>>
>>8536507
You're probably thinking of AAP FTM autism, not HSTS FTM autism.
>>
>>8527024
ikr. I like to think he follows CSM4FG on twittre
>>
>>8515054

But that's true. If it weren't for marginalisation creating a need to foster a sense of community, these things would simply be referred to as 'the LGBT population, the black population, immigrant populations,' etc. It was coming together as a community that allowed us to win the right to not be ostracised to the fringes of society (where, incidentally, the sense of community was fostered).

The more widely accepted LGBT people become, the more any sense of overall community dissolves and we just become a population who share a nigh irrelevant feature, like blondes or manlets.
And now, in certain contexts, mindlessly referring to LGBT people as a community rather than a population can be counter-productive and only reinforce our otherisation.

But yeah, pointing it out in a tweet with no context like this is kinda pointless and weird. But hey, maybe it's a 140 characters thing.
>>
>>8536598
The activists who represent "the community" are not at all representative of the actual LGBT majority.
>>
>>8539765

What's your point?
>>
>>8544743
Isn't it self-explanatory?
>>
>>8547003

Obviously not, you chucklefuck. 22 hours later and you couldn't just explain what you meant?
>>
>>8539765
They represent the political left.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.