[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

honest question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: trash.png (81KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
81KB, 500x328px
i can understand why lesbian, gays, bisexual, transgender, and asexual people would like those labels to be more accepted by society, but i find the lines a little blurry when it comes to new genders. im my personal opinion gender should be biological only, because it makes the most sense to me for medical treatment. gender identity seems like creating a arbitrary label for no reason other than you want to be labeled, when i think it should be a nuanced part of a persons personality. i feel like thats a rational view point and i get that the most radical viewpoints might be the ones im hearing because they scram the loudest.

i feel like i should point this out better
if you feel your a demiboy although being born female (im not well versed in these things so it might stray from a well thought out example) couldn't you just be a girl who is tomboyish or a lesbian and as people get to know you they become more knowledgeable on your personality and little idiosyncrasys you display

a lil ps: the image is called trash as a reminder to delete it afterwords
>>
File: tumblr_nojis9f0dX1tdgxaro1_500.jpg (97KB, 500x609px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nojis9f0dX1tdgxaro1_500.jpg
97KB, 500x609px
There are two genders. The rest is made up horseshit.
>>
>>8513666
Trans people talk about feeling their gender because shit is broken and it doesn't match their body and/or social roles.

Stupid cis people, who don't feel anything like that because everything matches up and works fine, assume that they must be some flavor of pangender/agender and will invent new labels all day until they find one that causes the least cognitive dissonance.

A handful of assholes on both sides realized they can use their gender identity to get attention and panhandle, and here we are today.
/thread
>>
File: 1493340330515.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493340330515.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>8513666
nice satanic trips

here's my understanding of the various genders. before the world met Caitlyn Jenner, gender in the dictionary was defined as a grammatical term describing any "group" of things that shared a notable trait. When gender is used in the context of one's relation to one's own body these days, it's that person's individual understanding of the role they feel their identity and body plays with regard to their social and sexual expression. it's not revisionist tumblr history to state that cultures throughout history across the globe have recognized more than two genders, and didn't consider "gender", or one's sociosexual expression, as existing in a binary. words have meaning, and are useful tools for people who resonate with them. for some female-bodied people, their understanding of the word "demisexual" may be a better way of describing their sociosexual expression than "tomboy" and all the historical baggage that carries. it seems like bullshit, but you have to understand that language and by extension, culture, is constantly in a state of flux. language evolves to describe culture, and culture evolves to expand language. english in particular is extraordinary because of how grossly descriptive it is compared to just about any other language, so it makes sense you get this cavalcade of new terms for gender expression during what seems like the western world's "gender enlightenment". is some of it attention whoring? sure, but every generation does it (emo, grunge, scene, punkrock, all could be classified as "genders" inasmuch as they describe a archetype of social expression). I wouldn't worry about it unless it'll help you understand someone you care deeply about, so that you don't jeapordize a friendship due to ignorance on your part. otherwise, just move along. hope that helps
>>
File: just a shy magician.png (442KB, 916x505px) Image search: [Google]
just a shy magician.png
442KB, 916x505px
>>8514103
I don't feel like my gender matches the social roles that I desire, but how does that make me trans?
>>
>>8513666
I'm pretty much in line with your views, where I feel that just male and female suffice, and most other non-binary identities are just people splitting hairs to give themselves a label. You can totally be a masculine woman or a feminine man, as there isn't really a requirement you need to meet in order to personally identify as either. The furthest I'd believe outside of this is just people saying they're completely androgynous or something, but that's about it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.