[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fuck the "trans umbrella"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0270.jpg (91KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0270.jpg
91KB, 640x360px
Does this really make the case for accepting trans people stronger? I mean, "genderqueer" is letting pretty much anyone say they're trans without dysphoria or taking steps to transition. You get people like fucking Stefonknee who make the whole thing look like a joke and actively harm trans ppl who just want to transition and live their lives
>>
I only refer to myself as transsexual and never as transgender
>>
File: glutenfreedom.jpg (66KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
glutenfreedom.jpg
66KB, 500x478px
>>8511511
basically only validates transtrenders

as a 24 y/o MtF i generally get shit on by anyone from the tumblr generation for saying there are only 2 genders

all non-binary, asexual, and/or genderfluid persons i've known are diagnosed with some kind of personality disorder

this is why people are transphobic
>>
>>8511573
> this is why people are transphobic

for real. lots of people who hear trans means 72 genders, and they're right to think it's bullshit :/
>>
>>8511573
they even got drag there i mean holy shit lol, drag being so creepy and cis people thinking thats what trannies are, gay men playing dressup to get straight guys to fuck them while making a mockery of womanhood. i swear thats why theres so many trans bashings
>>
File: god save the english way!.jpg (102KB, 958x640px) Image search: [Google]
god save the english way!.jpg
102KB, 958x640px
>>8511511
>You get people like fucking Stefonknee who make the whole thing look like a joke

Holy fucking shit, being such a bigot against the way commonwealth people handle the transsexual lifestyle? You need to aided to shut the fuck up in whatever way is needed before you start leading violence against Hirjas!
>>
>>8511511
This image always makes me vomit a little.

Trans umbrella? More like trans circus tent.
>>
>>8511511
The purpose of the trans umbrella isn't to make the trans community more "acceptable" to straights. It's about solidarity, about the fight for trans rights being a fight for the rights of ALL trans people, not just those that cis people are able to see as "normal". We've already seen how many cis gays stopped pretending to support the T once own rights were secured. It's only logical for the non-binary people to learn from that and seek to prevent it from happening again.
>>
>>8511573
>personality disorder
Biggest bullshit around, even hyper respectable trannies can concede this.

Histrionic and Dependant personality "disorders" ARE womanhood defined.

Masochistic personality "disorder" is being Jesus.

Scizoid is being so brilliant, you don't need other people.

OCPD is literally just being a supremely good person.
>>
>>8512520
you're retarded
>>
>>8512520
shut the fuck up, you complete and total retard

t. someone with borderline
>>
>>8513481
>t. someone who looked up the symptoms of borderline so he think he jeffery dahmer

inb4 MUH SPECTRUMS not an argument faggot personality disorders are SEVERE and PERVASIVE by their very nature deal with it
>>
>>8513518
what the fuck are you even talking about?

I don't feel cool or edgy for having a disorder, it makes me second guess every thought and emotional reaction I have. All it does is strain my relationships with others and make it harder to live a happy life.

You know literally nothing about mental disorders faggot
>>
>>8511511
>feminine and androgynous men
It's not my fault I look girly.
Why the fuck do I gotta be a tranny?
>>
>>8511511
Nobody is completely gender comforming. If anyone who isn't a cis 100% masculine man or a cis 100% feminine woman are trans then that means everyone is trans
>>
This is why if anyone ever asks why I look "trans" I'm just gonna say I suffer from gender dysphoria and am undergoing palliative treatment to help alleviate symptoms... Am I fighting tumblr with tumblr?
>>
>>8511511
Maybe define trutrans for us OP?
>>
File: 1496202070445.gif (898KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1496202070445.gif
898KB, 384x288px
>>8511573
Hm. I suppose I do agree.
I have a certain hostility to the trans rights movement, and I've been trying to figure out why.
Part of it seems to be that, while I don't doubt that there are many people who are truly trans, I also believe that there are many people who claim to be trans because they are basically just doing their sexual fetish all the time, or they want to appropriate the "muh oppression" ethic for themselves, or something like that.
But then again maybe I'm just a bigot.

Do mtf trans women usually get bottom surgery, or not? If not, why not? Like do they just not want it, or is it that the currently available surgeries are unsatisfactory, or too risky, etc.?
>>
>>8514883
Define 'truly trans'.
>>
Does it include those of us who identify as our fursonas?
>>
>>8514883
Only a minority of trans women get bottom surgery (unless it's an orchi which is a different statistic). Reasons for this relate to insurance, fears about surgery, and the genitals not really being that dysphoric.

With regards to the lattermost, dysphoria can manifest in different ways and most trans people feel really shit about their physical body overall. Genitals are a small part of people's bodies and dont really matter when someone on the street has clocked you as trans and is screaming profanities at you.

If you're curious on the statistic for how trans peoppe feel dysphoric. Usually trans people feel shitty about their chest, face, shoulders, hips, feet, body hair, and genitals. HRT handles almost everything except the genitals and addressing any dysphoria (if it even exists for that trans person) can cost 20k+ to say nothing of the risks of it.

As an aside, discussions of bottom surgery are so weirdly...cis? Like trans people couldnt really give a shit but when discussing transgenderism with cis people the bottom surgery is so disproportionately focused on when compared to other areas of the body that make up the bulk of the sources for dysphoria.
>>
File: Most dysphoric areas.png (124KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
Most dysphoric areas.png
124KB, 1136x640px
>>8514981
>>8514883
Wew I can finally post the survey on this.
>>
>>8515219
>Being misgendered and deadnamed
>Wearing the clothes of your assigned gender
But those are consequences of not passing. If I passed with the rest of the options then those two wouldn't happen.
>>
>>8515227
If HRT works well for you then you can almost wipe anything off the list but the world isnt perfect and you can bet most trans people know what misgendering feels like. The results suggest trans people just really hate their bodies and have developed a slightly tough skin against insults.
>>
>>8515248
My point is that I find my features triggering because they clock me.
>>
>>8514981
>As an aside, discussions of bottom surgery are so weirdly...cis? Like trans people couldnt really give a shit but when discussing transgenderism with cis people the bottom surgery is so disproportionately focused on when compared to other areas of the body that make up the bulk of the sources for dysphoria.
this is so true
>>
>>8515219
>breasts and hips are more dysphoric for most than the face
>genitals are more dysphoric than the face

I just realized this seems sorta weird. However we do meme about twinkhons having conetits and the focus isnt exactly always on their face so the results may indicate that during and after HRT a lot of people feel satisfied about their face but feel pissed off about their breast growth and hips (which are slower to change or only partially fuse as with the latter)
>>
>>8515299
It means either that all the subjects are delusional hons that care more about the sexual features than properly passing, or what you said.

I really hope it's the latter.
>>
>>8511511
>it's the bs trans semantics episode
At least half of these are redundant completely indistinguishable to anyone who isn't obsessed with alternative sexuality culture.
>>
>>8515361
all of them are redundant to anyone who isn't obsessed with special snowflake tumblr """"""culture""""""

THERE ARE ONLY TWO GENDERS
>>
>>8515361
99% of those new genders happen to look like dumpy cis White girls with neon dyed hair.
>>
>>8515622
why do you keep repeating this?
it is not founded in reality.
people aren't the stereotypes that live in your head.
>>
>>8515661
That's my experience irl at least
>>
>>8513574
I don't get that either. Like you could wear a dress if you wanted, it wouldn't make you a woman, and I mean that in a positive way. Something that never gelled with me with the trans stuff is it somehow just reinforces gender roles that most other groups are trying to be free of. It's weird.
>>
>>8515768
Trans people are obsessed with passing which is basically just being invisible and normie.
They seem to think that if anybody can clock them then they are somehow invalidated and not real or something.
This is why they shouldn't be included in the gay community.
Most of them aren't even gay, and their goals are completely opposite of gays and lesbians.
They want to hide and fit in and be normal.
That's not what the movement for civil rights is about.
The whole point of gay pride parades and "coming out" is to get people to accept us as we are which is different.
We aren't binary and boring.
We are glittering and gay.
>>
>>8515787
Trans people are just suffering from internalised queerphobia. That's why they are obsessed with fitting into traditional gender norms instead of embracing their true flamboyant gender noncomforming selves
>>
>>8515912
Yeah MtF's should just be gender non-conforming feminine gay MEN : D
>>
File: 1496906322813.jpg (56KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496906322813.jpg
56KB, 960x720px
>>8512520
>Scizoid is being so brilliant, you don't need other people
Tell that to the guy I talked in a hospital ward about how (((they))) were coming to get him but he knew the code to keep (((them))) away.
>>
>>8515918
Gender is a spectrum. Biological sex is a spectrum. You are a one off. Baby you are a firework, come on let your colours burn.
>>
>>8515918
That's not what I said. ecks dee
>>
>>8511629
> Psychiatrist John F. Oliven of Columbia University coined the term transgender in his 1965 reference work Sexual Hygiene and Pathology, writing that the term which had previously been used, transsexualism, "is misleading; actually, 'transgenderism' is meant, because sexuality is not a major factor in primary transvestism."[18][19][20] The term transgender was then popularized with varying definitions by various transgender, transsexual, and transvestite people, including Virginia Prince,[21] who used it in the December 1969 issue of Transvestia, a national magazine for cross dressers she founded.[22] By the mid-1970s both trans-gender and trans people were in use as umbrella terms,[note 1] and 'transgenderist' was used to describe people who wanted to live cross-gender without sex reassignment surgery (SRS).[23]

Going by that having drags and crossdressers in there is way more accurate than genderqueer or other 72 gender bs.
I'd still prefer if everything starting with trans- would only refer to transsexuals.
>>
>>8515787
Hey, fuck you faggot, sure, I was once like that, and I get the impression that I had generally been extremely good at it, but I cured myself, now all I crave is to avoid compliance and subvert.
>>
>>8515741
It's been mine, too. Quoted anon is probably butthurt AFAB.
>>
>>8515959
just watch this on a loop until you feel motivated to go out and B your glittery queer self regardless of what society thinks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw
>>
>>8516248
I think you mean this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWbLkXhGEmo
>>
>>8516248
B-but that song is about suicide bombers...
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.