[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How orthodox are the Blanchardians of this board?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
How many people actually agree with there being only two primary motivations for transition:

"feminine essence"/early onset inability or extreme unwillingness to perform the male social role for exclusive androphiles

and autogynephilia/the gradual adoption of a female gender identity over time because of the former for all who aren't exclusive androphiles?
>>
i love me some blanchard.
i literally just transitoned because fuck being a disposable ugly male.
i even went the official route, gate keeping is a meme btw
>>
>>8502281
What's the Blanchardian alternative to that orthodox view?
>>
>>8502414
The idea that overlap between the two can and does exist, such as AGPs with "feminine essence" or a female identity forming gradually to an exclusive androphile
>>
File: 0943583904.png (2MB, 1344x1206px) Image search: [Google]
0943583904.png
2MB, 1344x1206px
>>8502466
This is something that Trent believes, or at least applies to trans women that he has a crush on.
>>
>>8502281
Blanchard DOESN'T believe in HSTSs having a "feminine essence" i.e. being female in some way. He believes HSTSs feel rejected by society for being gay (i.e. feminine) and transition because they can't deal with that and to better tempt men to fuck them.
>>
>>8502466
I'd call myself orthodox in my Blanchardianism (I believe >>8502483 for example), but I believe both of those are theoretically possible. I wouldn't call that overlap between the types though and I wouldn't consider her truly androphile the way a cis woman, HSTS or gay man could be.
>>
>>8502483
That's roughly what I was trying to say by putting it in quotes
And he believes the difference is innate and in the brain, right? Hence that term
>>
>>8502500
>That's roughly what I was trying to say by putting it in quotes
Sorry. My bad.

>And he believes the difference is innate and in the brain, right? Hence that term
Well, not exactly. He believes there is absolutely an innate difference between homosexuals and non-homosexuals, but that the homosexuals only come to feel trans as a result of social rejection and guilt. Without those factors they would not be trans, just gay and effeminate. More effeminate than the average homosexual, even, but still men.
>>
>>8502481
>>8502466
>all AGP have male psychological profiles and a hentai-based view of femininity https://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/7945777/#7947760
>>
>>8502281

He is correct that AGP is real but wrong about everything else
>>
>>8503505
but i dont watch hentai
>>
>>8503505
He calls anyone who violates that archetype a "feminine outlier" btw ;)
>>
>>8503521
I think this is the correct viewpoint.
AGP is most definitely a thing, outside of blanchard's typology.

However, Blanchard is utter drivel, almost as bad as the traditional narrative.

I think there's a cure awaiting us, we just need to discover it.
>>
>>8503680
Doubt it, he says the same thread that he hates it that people are projecting AGP perversion onto hsts and insists only AGP are men.
>>
>>8503750
Why do you think Blanchard is wrong?
>>
>>8503783
There is a lack of evidence supporting Blanchard's theories. While more plausible than the tradnarrative, it needs a serious amount of work and followup studies to be validated.
>>
>>8503782
http://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/8382790/#8384062
http://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/8271919/#q8271919
>>
>>8503795
Isn't that also true for whatever your theory is that involves a cure?
>>
>>8503807
>>all AGP have male psychological profiles and a hentai-based view of femininity
>but i'm so #triggered now by people generalizing a*p experience to all trannies that i have to respond to it even when it's a really bad idea
>>
>>8503852
But he's right in both respects.
>>
>>8503808
I don't have a theory. I habe an open mind to alternate viewpoints. What we do know is based on the research by tradnarrative hons, that the tradnarrative is most likely incorrect.

We need to research elsewhere, and develop a cure. One exists, we just need to find it.
>>
>>8503876
So you say his theory is drivel when you actually have no idea whatsoever, and you are convinced there can be a cure despite even less evidence and not even a theory.
>>
>>8503852
are you talking about me or him?
>>
>>8503888
If AGP theory is true then you can cure it and they can then detransition
>>
>>8503958
Not addressing the point.

How dare you call his work drivel and then spout this baseless nonsense and attempt to avoid admitting that's exactly what it is?

You're a very dishonest person Cureposter.
>>
>>8503985
No it means you can cure it and people can then detransition. Everyone AGP is better off cured.
>>
>>8503990
You can't keep parroting the same line as though it answers questions or annuls your dishonesty.
>>
>>8503958
>>8504015
Cure wasn't the one calling it drivel.
>>
>>8504028
The post is right here in this thread. The conversation is a clear line between two people.
>>
>>8504045
Where?
>>
>>8504055
Start from >>8503750 and read down.

Cureposter's hypocrisy is plain to see.
>>
>>8504102
Different posters
>>
>>8504123
Follow the conversation. It's clearly Cureposter.
>>
>>8504205
No it wasn't. I started talking about cures because I agreed with the incidental mention. You're too dumb to realize the theory means a cure is possible.
>>
>>8504230
Let me repeat >>8504015
>>
Cureanonette is really special in the sense that she seems to be hated both by people who support and oppose Blanchard.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.