[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if expression is how you outwardly express your gender in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1454622405918.jpg (27KB, 408x405px) Image search: [Google]
1454622405918.jpg
27KB, 408x405px
So if expression is how you outwardly express your gender in terms of mannerisms, appearance, personality, etc, and sex is biological, then what the fuck is gender identity? I know this person who says they are genderqueer and demands they them pronouns, but they are a cis passing female bodied person who dresses mostly feminine and has mostly feminine interests, but is "not a girl". I feel like the idea of gender identity is too abstract to really understand. Am I missing something here? I mean I'm cool with calling people what they want to be called but I just don't get it when you have people who are clearly female with female body and female interested and mannerisms but want to throw a wrench in the works with the genderqueer shit.
>>
>>8497205
Fuck if I know. The older I get the more I see young'ns changing words around.

I'm old, ama
>>
>>
>>8497205
Gender identity is how you feel your body should be. Gender expression is how you act, in relation to gender roles.

For example. A trans man can want a beard, a flat chest, a lot voice, and muscles, but still like the color pink and doing his finger nails. His gender identity is male but his expression is female.

Or a trans women can want soft features and a curvy body, but still like buying from the men's section and being very competitive. The gender identity is female, but the expression is masculine.

Gender identity relates to sexual characteristics. People who are comfortable as they were born are cisgender. People who aren't are transgender.

People whose gender identity and gender expression don't align are called gender non-confpriming, regardless of they're cis or trans. People tend to be stricter about gender identity with trans folk than cis folk, though, calling people transtrenders if they don't toe the line wrt to their desired gender's roles.

That being said, before trans people physically translation they tend to overcompensate in their desired gender's roles to help manage their gender dysphoria.

So I don't think your friend is actually a tranny.
>>
>>8497802
This might be news to some of you, but a lot of cis women were raised to think being a girl was a bad thing and praised for not acting like "the Ashleys". The whole "I'm not like the other girls" phenomenon is a misguided attempt to gain your (whoever you are) approval. It's a way of saying "Please don't treat me like you treat the others".

Sorry if that explanation doesn't fit your personal opinion on girls. Feel free to ignore me.
>>
>>8497205

>female:
of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.

>male:
of or denoting the sex that produces small, typically motile gametes, especially spermatozoa, with which a female may be fertilized or inseminated to produce offspring.

>gender:
the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

>transgender:
denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex.

>sense:
a feeling that something is the case.

>identity:
the fact of being who or what a person or thing is.

>delusion:
an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.
>>
>>8497205

the person

1) has internalized misogyny and does not want to be associated with womanhood
2) feels inadequate as a woman and rejects the label of "woman" as a sort of sour grapes
3) is playing oppression olympics and wants to be part of the "queer" community so they just chose the label that lets them act the exact same but get to whine about being oppressed
>>
>>8498475
Literally all women are gold digging hypergamous whores.
>>
>>8498680
somebody learned a new word today!
(and used it incorrectly in a sentence)
>>
>>8498680
You're a real piece of work, you know that?
>>
>>8497205
>I know this person who says they are genderqueer and demands they them pronouns, but they are a cis passing female bodied person who dresses mostly feminine and has mostly feminine interests, but is "not a girl".
Always the AFABs.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.