[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Danish Girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: 2109381301.jpg (64KB, 564x835px) Image search: [Google]
2109381301.jpg
64KB, 564x835px
thoughts on this film?

i thought it was good, made me empathize how true trans ppl feel. also made me realize that i'm probably not trans and just have agp
>>
>>8488092
>mfw trying to repress
>this film just made it fucking worse

I cried so much
>>
>>8488092
>also made me realize that i'm probably not trans and just have agp
She was AGP though, unlike Dora Richter.
>>
>>8488092

I wanted to watch it in theaters to come out to my parents with, but I decided against that. I wanted to watch it in Netflix at least, but it's only on DVD. I don't want to risk getting caught pirating, so that's that. I really liked the trailers though.
>>
>>8488168
>I don't want to risk getting caught pirating
don't go to the pirate bay and don't seed famalam
>>
>>8488092
But the character in this movie was the opposite of true.... (unlike the real Lili Elbe)
>>
>>8488173
>unlike the real Lili Elbe
Anon...
>>
>>8488171

I don't know anywhere but the piratebay and I like to seed to 200% so torrents don't die.
>>
>>8488092
>i'm probably not trans and just have agp
but trans women *are* agp, anon
including lili elbe
fun fact: she was transage too, i don't think the movie showed that
>>
>>8488268
Source on her being APP?
>>
>>8488092
This movie is horrible. It paints transpeople as having split personality disorder. Lili is a cunt to ditch her gf life that. Also it paints the picture that all transgender people are straight,/become straight when they transition and that you can't trust transwomen because we will cheat on you.

Just not.
>>
>>8488092
I don't think I could watch a serious movie about a trans person. I would cry and it'd be a dead giveaway to everyone in the theater.
>>
>>8488315
>Lili is a cunt to ditch her gf life that.
The reality:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerda_Wegener#Later_life_and_death
>>
>>8488302
not autopedophilic, just auto-younger-philic -- she wanted to be in her 20s, iirc
i used to have a lot of sources on this, i'll try to find them
>>8488315
>It paints transpeople as having split personality disorder
that's how lili conceptualized herself, though -- as having a male self and a female true self who weren't much like each other
even today, many late transitioners who made lives as men before becoming women see their male and female personas as separate people
>>
I think the movie was a mixed blessing. I read some reviews that said it was designed to be Trans 101 for a mainstream audience and puts trans people in a mostly sympathetic light.
But since Elbe dies on the operating table it could reinforce a viewer's pre-existing perception that transitioning is a self-destructive, ultimately futile pursuit, more of a way to die than a way to live.
>>
>>8488810
Honestly all I could think watching it was tfw Eddie Redmayne passes better than I ever will. Jealous af.
>>
>>8488092
Still fucked off about the fact that redmayne played her.
>>
>>8489283
why would a woman (cis or trans) play someone who lived before medical transition as we know it today existed? there's a lot to criticize in the tendency of cis people of the opposite gender to be cast as trans people, but there wasn't really any way around casting a cis man as lili
>>
>>8489323
The main reason is because it spat on Lili Elbe's grave, but I guess there was "no getting around that"? And someone like Hari Nef could play her just fine, don't say "cis or trans" as if it's meaningful.
>>
>>8489331
maaybe
>>
this movie made me feel a lot of anxiety, especially when Lily would go out dressed in public
>>
>>8488092
Never watched it. Opinions on it, and if I should?
>>
>>8488168
>>8488171
who the fuck gets caught for pirating a few movies? like even if the authorities know, who gives a shit?
>>
File: fire21-727.jpg (161KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
fire21-727.jpg
161KB, 720x480px
>>8492954
Me, when I was but a wee lad.

It was Kung Fu Panda.
>>
>>8493041
What happened? How did they catch you?
>>
>>8488092
that's a gross-ass man face

and no i haven't seen it. looks cringey and i heard it overly sexualizes the idea of being trans
>>
>>8493060
>Use torrent client
>Torrent clients only work if you upload
>Company working on behalf of copyright holders joins the swarm of torrenters
>They wait until you upload copyrighted content to them
>They write down your IP address
>They end you hatemail saying to fuck off and stop uploading our copyrighted content
>They threaten your ISP, which subsequently threatens to kick you off their network

VPNs are important.
>>
>>8488171
why avoid tpb?

>>8493407
>Torrent clients only work if you upload
wtf, which client?
>>
>>8493428
All of them.

The bittorrent protocol is designed around the principle that everybody has to upload to get downloads in return. A torrent client that does not do this is unusual. If you set upload speed to 0 with most torrent clients downloads will grind to a halt.
>>
>>8493428
This, by the way, is why streaming is safer than torrenting, because you're downloading rather than uploading and downloading.
>>
>>8493416
Tfw my ISP does not negotiate with terrorists.
>>
I mean, if you don't upload, you can still download using the bittorrent protocol, it will just go really slowly, especially if you are trying to download something with a lot of leechers and few seeds.

The leechers willing to upload will get priority, because, why shouldn't they? They're helping to speed up the downloading for everybody unlike your freeloading ass.

If you're downloading something well seeded like say, a download of a linux distro, you can download pretty fast regardless though.
>>
>>8493443
but utorrent lets you set the amount of times to upload what you download to 0?

>>8493448
nice, which ones refuse to?
>>
>>8493483
In utorrent, setting upload and download to 0 means you're allowing unlimited uploads and downloads. I can't remember if there is a way to disable upload in utorrent, but you don't do it by setting upload to 0.

Also utorrent is depreciated since they sold out. qBittorrent is the closest equivalent.
>>
>>8493041

That reaction picture is how you show you got your ass beat by your parents when they got the letter.
>>
Ok looking at utorrent you disable upload by setting upload slots per torrent to 0.

It will work if you're willing to go slow, you're just the last in line for downloads basically, because you're a good for nothing fucking leech.
>>
>>8493472
>>8493522
how can others tell you're a leech?
>>
>>8493446
Yeah, I've never heard of anyone getting busted for pure downloading.
>>
>>8493545
your IP address is listed in the swarm

how else do you think the other computers know where to send the data bits?
>>
>>8492760
tom hooper is an amazing director and eddie redmayne is a great actor. so yes you should
>>
>>8498975
Thanks for the advice, anon. I hope it doesn't cause me to want to trap myself too much.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.