[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst winner ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

Worst winner ever. Discuss
>>
File: 1478013084608.png (597KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478013084608.png
597KB, 800x800px
>>8486700
Stay salty
>>
Worst winner ever

This is proof that we are definitely living in the worst timeline
>>
File: jm.png (198KB, 437x454px) Image search: [Google]
jm.png
198KB, 437x454px
I knew it was most likely going to be Sasha based on fan response but hoped for it to be Peppermint anyway. Easily the least deserving winner.
>>
File: 1497593715371.gif (935KB, 480x275px) Image search: [Google]
1497593715371.gif
935KB, 480x275px
>>8486734
>using pepe to defend the embodiment of Tumblr
Oh boi I'm laffin
>>
File: 1489016584459.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1489016584459.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>8486700
Based Art Queen living in you White Twinks' heads
R E N T
F R E E
>>
pissed off the black excellence crowd
pissed off the tranny crowd
pissed off the valentina turned trinity crowd

Mother Ru is the mastermind TV has been dying for. I'm living while they're dying.
>>
>>8486700
No that was season 5
>>
Worst? I don't know. Just underwhelming. Interesting drag and can sell comedy and personality when needed, but he's a pretentious cunt on the inter net.
>>
Format change was necessary to avoid future Bob/Alaskas.

Still, no one topped Violet's look. Like come the fuck ON already.
>>
>>8486836
>Bob/Alaskas
I don't follow the show, explain?
>>
File: shea2.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shea2.png
2MB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRpYU4JYqLc&feature=youtu.be

Let's spread this video!
>>
>>8486873
Is this your first season or something?
Anyways, both Bob and Alaska were obvious wins as soon as the show started. They tore through the competition and got the crown.
The audience became tired of this and after All Stars 2 non stop complained about how the winners are so obvious these days.
Well, Ru changed the format now you gotta lip sync during the finale as a final twist to prevent during-taped-show challenge winners from being the obvious crown winner.
>>
>>8486873
Basically he doesn't want people deserving of the crown to win anymore
>>
Just an update, leddit is mad sasha is white.
LOL I love progs tearing each other apart it's so satisfying
>>
Lip syncing is part of the competition. It doesn't matter how well you did on the challenges throughout the season if you don't create a memorable lip sync performance (and I don't mean the "look how good a dancer I am" we keep seeing, which fucked over Shea and Trinity, but an act of actually bringing the song to life - and yes this can include cheap prop gimmicks, as long as it contributes to some kind of narrative).

I'm not particularly mad about who won or feel anyone got robbed. Though I would have been a bit iffy if Peppermint had won it, since she's the only one of the final four who was pretty much on a lower tier skill-wise, so Sasha beating her at the end through superior craftsmanship was an acceptable conclusion.
>>
>>8486836
I agree Violet deserved to win in S7.

But that didn't stop the producers and Ru from trying to push a narrative with their personal favorites/least favorites.

Imagine how much better S7 would have been if Pearl didn't get her hand held through the competition by the producers. Or if Kennedy was kicked off earlier in the season like she should've been. Katya would have probably been in the top 3 with violet and ginger. Trixie would've probably made it to top 4 if not top 3. Mas would have stayed for much longer and would have probably had a better snatch game choice were he not corralled into playing sharon.

Even if they don't try to force the chosen winner on us, they will try to force all the other queens into losing roles.
>>
>>8487022
I think they need to reinforce the rules. Bring back the interior lounges too. Bring back the fun minis, and KEEP THE FUCKING FINALE SECRET. I don't care if there's no more live audience because of it - just end the winner spoilers. If they aren't going to do a REAL LIVE finale, then kill the audience and edit it in post-production.
>>
>>8487039
>Bring back the interior lounges too.

YES.

Watching them all sit backstage on a prop couch looking uncomfortable and bored is real fucking lame.
>>
>>8487039
>>8487052
Also I think they need to seriously reevaluate the entire format. Winning without lip syncing is pretty messed up when that's pretty much how you make money. Being sent home because you fucked up a comedy challenge (which you will never do otherwise) and lost to a girl with a storyline is fucked.
I don't agree with mandatory lip syncs because Bianca wouldn't have won in that format and she's a fierce queen, but something has to change.

The interior lounges made the girls feel much more comfortable. Being back stage with the entire crew exposed is too taxing, the girls start playing for the camera (hence Shea's speeches).
>>
>>8487075
perhaps they need to go with the AS2 route and the top two lip synch.
>>
>>8487092
That concept taken to the next level would be interesting. Prevent a rolastatox part 2 situation, and I think we have a winner.
>>
>>8487118
Are you having a stroke?
>>
File: 1444281956362.png (94KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
1444281956362.png
94KB, 300x297px
>>8487118
I'm sure that would mean anything if I was a tranny.
>>
>>8486883
I died when you showed both Sasha and Serena screaming
>>
Shit season. Time to wait until S10/AS3.
>>
>>8487118
(you)
>>
>>8487198
Definitely looking forward to AS3, especially since Trixie is basically confirmed at this point.
>>
trinity > shea > pep > sasha
>>
Winning literally doesn't matter on this show I don't know why people get so pressed. Even with winners like Raja and Bianca, others on their season outpace them.
>>
File: bdr.gif (994KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
bdr.gif
994KB, 500x281px
>>8487474
>pep above anyone
she was ok at best not deserving of a top 4
should've beat out valentina as miss congeniality at best
>>
>>8487075
Yeah, the show rides a lot on the queens' personalities and the dynamics they show with each other on screen, and yet a lot of it is set up so that they're discouraged from opening up more. Seems inefficient at getting more of what people watch the show for
>>
>>8486817
I legit had to think for like 10 seconds to even remember who won season 5 so yeah you're right.
>>
A part of me hates that Sasha's "Tell me that I'm different! TELL ME" nonsense was validated but I'm also kind of hoping to see Trinity and a less restrained and self-edited Shea on an All Stars season.
>>
>>8487664
S5 was detox, alyssa, roxxxy, alaska, jinkx, ivy, and coco
Not including the first double elim, or the first wig under a wig reveal.

>>8487679
On one hand, she represents pompous queer nonsense. On the other hand, her win antagonizes the even more retarded and racist queer nonsense. So I'm at peace with her win.
I hope Shea refuses AS3 and self destructs or some shit because otherwise it's going to be ANOTHER year of an obvious as fuck winner being crowned because she 'should have won'.
>>
>>8487686
>I hope Shea refuses AS3 and self destructs or some shit because otherwise it's going to be ANOTHER year of an obvious as fuck winner being crowned because she 'should have won'.
I don't think AS3 is that easy to predict like S9 seemed like, depending on who comes in, since really the only other legit crown contender on this season (before the lip sync tourney) seemed to be Trinity. Shea can deliver looks, but not quite on the same memorable and consistent level as past look queens, doesn't stand out in comedy or impersonation, and isn't /that/ amazing as a performer.
>>
>>8487713
She has a very dangerous mix of Katya's rabid fanbase delusion (remember AS2?), mixed with Raven's storyline (x2). That's a fuckin' dangerous mix girl, if anyone wins AS3 over her... well hope they don't kill themselves over those death threats.
>>
>>8487726
Meh, Sasha was way ahead of Shea in the top 4 twitter poll and Trinity was like 3 points behind Shea. Shea's not as bad as Sasha on tv but kind of on the boring side unlike Katya who helped to carry season 7.
>>
>>8487737
Still, I'm not looking forward to AS3 now. Only way I'm getting hyped is if we have 10,11, and 12 air before then.
>>
Sasha is my fave, but Shay should have won IMO. I knew it was going to be Shay vs Peppermint as soon as Trinity chose her to lip sync against. goooooddammit
>>
All she does is the same Face where shes crying and holds up her arms , Miss Slay CouleƩ shoulve won and its trinitys fault if you think about it why she won
>>
>>8487840
Wtf I hate trinity now?
>>
Who do you want for AS3?

Gia Gunn
Trixie Mattel
Kimchi
Adore Delano
Ivy Winters
Ongina
Pandora Boxx
Manila Luzon
Kenya Michaels
Milk
Max
BenDeLaCreme
Trinity K Bonet
Miss Fame
Naomi Smalls
Trinity Taylor
>>
>>8487871
Oh and Farrah Moan
>>
>>8487871
WILLAM

He's been deleting tweets and tumblr posts that shit talk WOW and Ru. Maybe this time ...
>>
File: willam1.jpg (21KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
willam1.jpg
21KB, 192x192px
>>8488010
Only gonna happen if WOW got rid of that producer who hates him..

hmm.. her linkedin says she still works there, but it looks like she wasn't listed for this season of drag race on imdb... interesting...
>>
>>8488055
nope.. she's listed as "co-executive producer" for this season on another site, which means she got a promotion.

I wouldn't count on Willam being anywhere near a WOW production for the foreseeable future.

He's constantly bitching about how shitty the fans are every time he talks about the show, maybe he's deleting the old shit out of spite.
>>
>>8488010
A conflicting post said that he deleted those posts quickly after he made them, so that may not be it?
>>
File: sVAGRU6.png (522KB, 679x569px) Image search: [Google]
sVAGRU6.png
522KB, 679x569px
>>
lol rupaul didn't want another black queen

in anycase

anyone think rupaul/michelle/carson/piggy need to retire and let some new queens take over the show?

Rupul's humor is boring.
Michelle is old.
Carson & Piggy are meh.

Anyone else want to see other judges & a new host?
>>
>>8486962
S1: Bebe - Black
S2: Tyra - Black
S3: Raja - Indonesian/ Dutch
S4: Sharon - White
S5: Jinkx - White/ Jewish
S6: Bianca - Cuban/ Honduran
S7: Violet - White/ Ecuadorian
S8: Bob - Black
S9: Sasha - Russian

I do think the SJW on the subreddit are insufferable; you can't deny that we've had an inclusive range of contestants and winners. I think they need to lay off the BLM Koolaid. There are earnest keks to be had there; you just need to avoid the cancerous race-baiting. Also, don't criticise feminism, unless you want to get downvoted to hell and back.
>>
>>8488876

Yeah well, that's what happens when you have a bunch of straight women watching a show.

It's been shit since after season 4 if you really wanna be honest. There will never be truly edgy queens like Sharon Needles and Willam again.
>>
>>8488819
Didn't work for ANTM not gonna work here. And we already switched Santino for Ross and Carson.
>>
>>8488876
It's the most diverse show on the planet right now (maybe except some food competition shows since they've had blind competitors).
I'm a part of a couple other reality show subs, but none of them get as easily riled up as RPDR(and their orbiting subs).
There was this one post that just said BLACK EXCELLENCE and it was downvoted to oblivion (it was posted post-shea failure). Wish I would find it again but seems deleted lmao

>>8488903
Well if rumors are true, AS3 might bring back that edge, but we'll just have to see.
>>
Sasha is a complete Ego Bitch.
She thinks she's better than all the other queens because she's "Weird" (She ain't weird)
Ru always relies on the Lip syncs and doesn't really care about anything else, All you need is a good reveal and you win, which is why trinity lost even tough she's 100x better than pepper.
>>
>>8489333
I'm still mad at Trinity for that weak ass reveal. Like COME ON BITCH WHY ARE YOU REPEATING THE CHARLIE HIDES LIP SYNC I WAS FUCKING ROOTING FOR YOU.
>>
>>8488819
You cant get rid of Ru and Michelle. Maybe an actual drag queen who's won and knows the business could take carsons place. Because lets face it Ru doesn't know what it's like to be a non rich and famous drag queen today.
>>
>>8489354
They should get rid of Ross over Carson. Ross is the anti-michelle but Ru plays that role better when necessary.
Lady Bunny or Bianca would be amazing, but I assume it has to be a queen that isn't going to be stealing the spotlight from Ru the entire time. Raja/Raven could be that.
>>
>>8489340
Yeah i wish the reveal was more. but she turnt it the fuck out with the drops and flips.
>>
>>8489360
was thinking the same thing, I cant see Ru sharing the stage/panel with another queen.
>>
>>8489361
She was high energy, but it wasn't the performance of a lifetime. Trinity has yet to reach her peak, which is why it's so disappointing. I wish she took her premiere party reveals to the next level + bundled it with some of her signature rolls alongside something fresh yet still trintastic.

>>8489368
Yeah exactly. Like I can see Raja with her natural hair + some lashes (like she's on Ruview sometimes) doing a spot but that's about it.
>>
>>8489360
It depends on the queen, Ru invited Lady Bunny to be a judge back at the beginning of the show but she declined because she didn't want to judge other queens and felt she was not in a position to do so (it's why she did Drag U instead)
>>
>>8488819
>Getting rid of the namesake of the entire show
Why would that he good?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.