[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this article have a point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10

File: DC5uFPJUMAAzAUI.jpg (131KB, 1077x1124px) Image search: [Google]
DC5uFPJUMAAzAUI.jpg
131KB, 1077x1124px
I'm a white, 19, cis gay top.

I'm not really interested in anyone other than white guys, is that bad? It's what I'm attracted to. I have zero sexual attraction to black guys but I'm not racist.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/an-open-letter-to-gay-white-men-no-youre-not-allowed_us_5947f0ffe4b0f7875b83e459
>>
File: 1498018572650.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1498018572650.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>Huffington post
/thread
>>
>>8481655
>An Open Letter To Gay White Men: No, You're Not Allowed To Have A Racial Preference

An open letter to gay, black men: No, you're not allowed to have sex with me if your chance of having AIDS/HIV/STDs is statistically astronomical compared to my own.
>>
File: 1498005877664.jpg (57KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1498005877664.jpg
57KB, 722x349px
>>8481655
No, it doesn't, and neither does any of this other shit when it comes to dating. Look, I'm a tranny and I don't think not fucking me is transphobic, so why do niggers think that not fucking them is racism? God
>>
File: 1497144006541.jpg (482KB, 2018x2844px) Image search: [Google]
1497144006541.jpg
482KB, 2018x2844px
>caring about mainstream media memes
Why?
>>
>>8481655
"The liberals are your allies", they said. "The right-wing gays are the self-haters", they said.
>>
>>8481655
Yes

Every time this dumbass shit comes up I copy and paste the definition of racism, prejudice and discrimination so you idiots can read what the fucking words mean and understand that, just like those fucking SJW retards, YOU CAN NOT JUST MAKE UP YOUR OWN MEANING FOR THE FUCKING WORDS.
Racism does not mean "power + privileged" or wtf ever.. and it doesnt mean "you have to be a kkk member and burn crosses in someones yard" either.

No matter how much it hurts your butt, if you say "I'm only attracted to white guys, I'm not attracted to black guys" then you are literally "pre-judging" (aka engaging in prejudice) all black people as being the same and all white people as being better. If you are pre-judging based on race, then you are engaging in race-ism.

It really is that simple. I'm sorry if that upsets you because you want to win a bullshit argument on tumblr, but just step away from your computer, take a deep breath, and say a nice satisfying "who gives a fuck?" and move on with your life because giving a shit is just a slippery slope to suddenly having to argue that you are not a sexist for not wanting to fuck women.. its a lot easier to just say, "OK I guess I'm a sexist, whatever" and just live the rest of your life without trying to win such a pedantic bullshit argument.
>>
File: amerikkka coast to coast.png (168KB, 1024x501px) Image search: [Google]
amerikkka coast to coast.png
168KB, 1024x501px
>>8481655
>is that bad?

The biggest failure of liberal anti-racism is conflating racial politics and morality/individualism, and turning liberation into a white guilt contest.

Having a racial preference isn't bad in the sense that you are a morally bad person for it. You probably didn't choose to prefer white bodies, after all, and so there's no point in framing the problem individualistically.

Those preferences reflect a racist society with racist bedauty standards, and that maybe you wouldn't have those kinds of preferences if society was different. They are a symptom of racism's legacy.

Those preferences on a societal scale also hurt brown and especially Black boys, because they have a harder time finding partners and are made to feel ugly for not meeting racist beauty standards. They are directly bad for non-white people.

You're allowed to have any preference you want! There's no god or moral arbiter telling you the correct way to feel or act, and despite what liberals think they can't name-and-shame people into changing their subconscious thoughts and feelings. Preferring white bodies is bad on a societal level and needs to be addressed on a societal level. This bullshit where liberals try to make white gays feel bad for living in a racist society is only pushing them into the arms of the right wing - which won't end well.

Racism is a societal problem. Focusing on individual expressions of racism, such as racial preferences, is neither productive nor informative.
>>
>>8481655
STOP reposting shitty racist clickbait
>>
>>8481849
>bumps thread instead of hiding it
>>
>>8481655
bump for awareness
>>
Asian here and my bf and past bf/fwbs were white. Mainly because white guys were prettier *in comparison* to other guys.

Black guys give this vibe of danger, mugging, etc. Plus in not into fucking hiphop so its not like we have much in common. And i hate the way they talk.

Plus their more likely to have STD's especially aids.
>>
>>8481832

but it's not that deep, I just have like sexual urges towards white people.
>>
>>8481849

I seems like a new article. unless it got posted today already. If so then sorry.
>>
>>8481655
>"progressive memes you share on facebook"
I don't think this was actually directed at me...
>>
File: offended.png (668KB, 1024x559px) Image search: [Google]
offended.png
668KB, 1024x559px
>>8481883
But you are the one who is making it "deep".
It's not deep at all actually, your sexual urges are discriminatory based on race and sex.
You don't have to feel bad about it if you don't want to.
Just because someone chooses to get pissed off that you don't want to have sex with them, doesn't mean you have to care.
>>
>>8481936
Does pic apply to feeling dysphoric too?
>>
>>8481944
It applies to nothing. It is completely false.

>"If I chose, I could feel amused, blank scared, excited..."

It does NOT work that way. If someone tells you it works that way for them, they are lying.
>>
>>8481880
I've fucked a few black guys and they all gave off a vibe of "dumb jock" or "gamer nerd".
Maybe you should just stop hanging out in the ghetto?
>>
>>8481948
I wanted an answer from someone who agreed with it, thank you.
>>
>>8481948
>i have no control over my own emotions

how convenient for you. i bet you like to use that excuse often.
>>
>>8481954
Think they're an hsts?
>>
>>8481954
I don't, and neither do you. We have control over what we do, meaning we are responsible for what we do no matter what emotions were involved, but anyone claiming they can control which emotion(s) they feel or stop feeling at any time is just plain full of shit.
>>
>>8481960
I'm cis.
>>
>>8481962
It's a shame ,and a pain in the ass for everyone around them, that those who need therapy the most are the ones who always deny they have a problem.

I'm just glad you're not someone I have to care about.
>>
>>8481980
I've been to therapy and been on "psych medication" before. I know I have a problem, I just found the available help to be most unhelpful. I really don't think any of this is related to the difference between controlling your actions and magically making yourself feel happy/angry/whatever at any time...
>>
>>8481988
the meds masked the real problem, deep down it still comes forth, for me at least. it made the pain of repression easier for my Gender Dysphoria
>>
>>8481655
no, thats your right, no one is owed anything besides their rights, no one is entitled to you or anyone else loving them. this is like eliot rodger, victim edition. trying to guilt people into fucking them.
>>
this guy honestly lost me. I'm just a white guy who's attracted to other white guys, I didn't know it had to be this complicated.
>>
>>8481988
>I know I have a problem that was so bad that it required brain altering chemicals which couldn't even help me
>I still think I can speak for the majority of mentally healthy people

I learned to control my emotions after puberty.
>>
>I’ll put aside the fact that broadcasting your distaste for an entire race, or multiple races, in the year 2017
Lol at using the "current year" meme unironically in 2017.

>You can’t say you prefer one race of people as romantic partners, or anything really, to another because all of the people who belong to one race are not the same.
No but they all share some features, and also have a disproportionate percentage with other features. For example black people have darker skin (compared to whites and excluding mixed race people). Am I allowed to find dark skin less attractive to light skin? What about hair preference? Am I allowed to have a preference for natural brown or blonde hair as opposed to black, kinky hair? What about eye color? Am I allowed to have a preference for green or blue eyes over brown eyes? People do not choose what features they are attracted to.

If a group has a disproportionate number of people with features I am not attracted to, it saves both their time and mine for me to rule them out, rather than sitting through a number of dates I don't enjoy in search of that unicorn, a black guy with all my preferred traits. Why would you even want to date someone who doesn't want to date you? Demanding people date you against their will is uncomfortably close to rape, and it is not okay.
>>
>>8482039
>black guy arguing for rape

naaawwwww
>>
>>8482023
>required brain altering chemicals
I didn't say I required them. I said I had been on them. There's a reason I'm not on them anymore.

>I learned to control my emotions after puberty
"Controlling your emotions" is an expression in the English language. It doesn't mean literally willing yourself into happiness when you're sad, that makes no sense, no one would ever feel sad if we could just decide to be happy like casting a spell on ourselves... the expression "control your emotions" actually refers to to controlling your behaviour and inhibiting impulses fuelled by emotion. The distinction is important in the context of the image at >>8481936 because what the image describes doing is not possible for any human being to do. Emotion just do not work like switchboard.
>>
>>8482066
>It doesn't mean literally willing yourself into happiness when you're sad, that makes no sense
Not to you...

>no one would ever feel sad if we could just decide to be happy like casting a spell on ourselves
There are plenty of people who do, and we are the ones who don't need therapy.

>the expression "control your emotions" actually refers to to controlling your behaviour and inhibiting impulses fuelled by emotion.
It only means that for people who can't actually control their emotions. It keeps you from being so annoying and obnoxious in public.

>what the image describes doing is not possible for any human being to do.
I do it without even thinking every day

>Emotion just do not work like switchboard.
They do in my experience.
>>
>>8481655
No it doesnt
>>
>>8482094
>Not to you...
Whatever you may believe, that is what that expression means in English, and this:

>"If I chose, I could feel amused, blank, scared, excited..."

Is simply a crock of shit.

Try as you might, you cannot actually force an emotion on yourself. You will only ever feel genuinely afraid, happy, angry, or whatever other emotion when you genuinely have cause to feel that way. Closing your eyes, snapping your fingers and saying "OK, now I choose to feel shy" is simply nonsense.

>I do it without even thinking
Lie to yourself if you must, but don't lie to me.
>>
>>8482039
>Why would you even want to date someone who doesn't want to date you?
People want the best. neckbeards fantasize about getting 8-10s and apparently minority guys fantaize about getting white guys.
>>
>>8481729
Nigs gonna nig.
It's better if you just use that as an explanation. Trying to figure out the mind and motivations of your averag coon is a task far too great for anyone. It will drive you mad.
>>
>>8481833
Fuck yourself nigger or white cuck.
Niggers are low iq violent subhumans with no sense of inhibition which is why they're in poverty and have astronomical hiv rates.
>>
>>8482145
>Fags are low iq violent subhumans with no sense of inhibition which is why they're hated and have astronomical hiv rates.
Meh
>>
>>8481655
>An Open Letter To Gay, White Men: I'm Entitled To Have You And If You Disagree You're Racist
>>
>You can't choose who you are and are not sexually attracted to
>Unless that person is fat or not white, you pig
Associating liberals and gays was a mistake
>>
>>8482145
Clearly you are the one with no inhibitions.

Yawn.
>>
>>8482176
You meant neoliberals, poltard
>>
>>8481832
This. OP you ARE a racist and people and will call you out on it, so get over yourself cause the world is NOT your safe space.
>>
Is there a way to get an interest in pajeets and abos? Those are the two races I wouldn't be attracted to
Please teach me how to be attracted to them
t. Latino boi
>>
>>8482039
>People do not choose what features they are attracted to.
Yes, they do, when I was racist I thought all black and hispanic guys were ugly as sin but now I find plenty attractive. You just don't want to admit you're racist.
>>
Me too. I am spanish and don't like blacks at all
>>
>>8482229
>Yes, they do, when I was racist I thought all black and hispanic guys were ugly as sin but now I find plenty attractive. You just don't want to admit you're racist.
Your tastes can change over time or from exposure but that's not the same as choosing who you are attracted to. No one should demand that others change their dating preferences, it's a private matter up to the individual and nobody else's damn business. Call it racist if you want; nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>8482186
>gay
>poltard
Do those even exist?
>>
File: pygmies.jpg (105KB, 483x322px) Image search: [Google]
pygmies.jpg
105KB, 483x322px
>>8482216
>abos
literally impossible, you might as well try to make yourself attracted to the Pygmies of the Congo
>>
File: polgbt.png (1MB, 2176x1856px) Image search: [Google]
polgbt.png
1MB, 2176x1856px
>>8482259
yes, lots of them

/pol/ is pretty much the gayest board on 4chan
>>
>>8482229
>Everyone's a racist if they have preference other than my own.

Did you stop maturing at 6 years old?
>>
>>8482251
If nobody gives a fuck, why are people like you and OP so offended by it?
>>
>>8482216
Have someone make it a meme? That's how I started liking qt males.
>>
>>8481655
No
>>
It's funny because the gay community is rapidly abandoning the Left because of bullshit like OP posted.

My body, my rights motherfucker. Remember that chant? I'll fuck who I chose.
>>
>>8481832
>Every time this dumbass shit comes up I copy and paste the definition of racism, prejudice and discrimination so you idiots can read what the fucking words mean and understand that, just like those fucking SJW retards, YOU CAN NOT JUST MAKE UP YOUR OWN MEANING FOR THE FUCKING WORDS.
>Racism does not mean "power + privileged" or wtf ever.. and it doesnt mean "you have to be a kkk member and burn crosses in someones yard" either.
In theory you're right, but in practical terms, most people relate the word racist to hating other races. The fact that the dictionary disagrees doesn't help. You can't just go running around calling yourself a racist or conceding that you are a racist because in the public mind that means you are a Nazi/KKK member. If people actually defined racism by the dictionary definition most people would be racist. It literally just means someone who believes races exist and differ. But no one goes by the dictionary definition. The same is true for feminism. If we went by the dictionary definition it literally just means someone who thinks men and women should have equal rights. By that definition practically everyone is a feminist, including most right wingers. But that isn't what the word means to the general public.

>No matter how much it hurts your butt, if you say "I'm only attracted to white guys, I'm not attracted to black guys" then you are literally "pre-judging" (aka engaging in prejudice) all black people as being the same and all white people as being better. If you are pre-judging based on race, then you are engaging in race-ism.
False. Saying you're not attracted to black guys is usually a generalization. It doesn't literally mean you could never possibly find a black attractive. It means that on average they tend to have a disproportionate likelihood of having features you don't like, so to simplify things you don't bother dating them.
>>
>>8481655
> article is addressed to people who share progressive memes on fb.
Let's see..I

> don't share progressive memes
> barely use Facebook except messenger
> have fucked many brown guys, they are the best
> fucked at least 5 black guys, they can be great in bed
> fucked 1 Asian guy, accidentally
> believe races are very different with black people having lower iq than other races and east Asians having higher.
> read and unironically enjoy Ayn Rand
Guess I'm not the target audience
>>
>>8482270
I don't give a fuck if you call it racist, I give a fuck if you demand I date or fuck people I don't want to date or fuck. Nobody is owed sex, dates, or romantic interest by anybody else; if you think otherwise you are worthless scum.
>>
>>8482301
> I don't give a fuck if you call it racist.
You should.
That is the means by which they guilt you into acting against your own desires. Some weak people fall for it.
It matters
>>
>>8481949
>burning coal
>ever
gross.
>>
>>8481655
At least this ones written by an actual fag.
The 10 other articles I've read in the past have been written by straight white women.
>>
>>8482301
I'm not demanding you sleep with anyone, I'm jut saying people can totally call you out on being a racist faggot.
>>
>>8482299
Wow, it's like you're a gay version of those alt-righters who have an Asian girlfriend :^)
>>
>>8482347
>I'm not demanding you sleep with anyone, I'm jut saying people can totally call you out on being a racist faggot.
Retard, the headline of the article says "No, You're Not Allowed To Have A Racial Preference".
>>
>>8482299
>Ayn Rand
You're low iq.
>>
> Every Black and Asian man who grew up on this planet grew up surrounded by positive images of whiteness and white men. Therefore, our desire to date within our own race, when we choose to, is not rooted in any assertion made by society that we’re better than anyone else.

> I know this is a lot to digest so I’ll just boil it down to this: if your preference for a partner supports an existing racial hierarchy which marginalizes minorities, then your preferences are racist. And yes, that includes you rice queens and chocolate chasers too. Fetishizing me is not a compliment, it’s propping up harmful sexual stereotypes and, it too, is racist.

So they're not racist for preferring their own kind.
But white people are racist for liking their own kind.
Then white people are ALSO racist for liking people who aren't white.

If white people are so awful why do they have such hard ons for white dick?
>>
>>8482365
He willingly fucks brown people so obviously.
>>
>>8482299
>Fucked 1 Asian guy, accidentally
Even Mr. Magoo ain't pulling that shit.
>>
>>8482299
>Ayn Rand

Which is your favorite novel and why?
>>
>“Fine, I’m a horrible racist asshole. What do I do about it? I can’t re-program myself to find men of color more attractive,” some of you might be saying. Actually, you can. As you know, the brain is the largest sexual organ in your body and it’s capable of amazing growth.

>Actually, you can

He's so mad a white guy turned him down he suggests we all become brainwashed into finding him attractive.
>>
File: 1465319579256.png (284KB, 650x581px) Image search: [Google]
1465319579256.png
284KB, 650x581px
>>8482371
>>
>>8482360
Do you know what **I** means?

Also, nowhere in the article the author tells you that you are obligated to sleep with any poc who has an interest in you.
>>
>>8482366
>If white people are so awful why do they have such hard ons for white dick?
I don't. Stop generalizing, fucking piggu.
>>
File: Alex Jones, beautiful soul.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
Alex Jones, beautiful soul.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>8481655
>Anything written by Huffpaint.
>>
>>8482399
>Do you know what **I** means?
We're discussing the article posted by OP in this thread, what the fuck. Why would you come in here all like "that's not actually what I believe" when we're trying to discuss what the author of the article by OP believes.
>Also, nowhere in the article the author tells you that you are obligated to sleep with any poc who has an interest in you.
He says we are obligated to date people we don't want to date, which is also bad. He doesn't get a gold star just for not literally demanding that we let any negro who is attracted to us literally rape us (have sex with us against our will).
>>
>>8481655
HOLY SHIT THAT ARTICLE WTF HILLARIOUS
>>
>>8482457
White people can't be raped by black people.
They lack the societal power.
>>
>>8482216
If you like blacks, I don't see why you couldn't be attracted to aboriginals, a lot of them look fairly close to black people.
>>
>>8481833
>racist beauty standards
It's not racist to not want HIV or to not want to associate with the negative aspects of black culture. I've met black people that(if I wasn't married) I'd pursue dating, but those are fewer and farther between compared to the white people I meet because how many black people behave is much less attractive to me than how many white people behave.
If you call that a worldview that stems from racism, then you may as well mark down my worldviews that stem from homophobia because I'm not into the promiscuity or the (again) increased rate of STD transmission associated with promiscuous gay culture.

I do not hate these things because they are attached to black people or attached to LGBT people. I tend to opt out of more black and LGBT people because of these things that are unfortunately tied to those demographics, statistically.
>>
>not allowed
>>
>>8482658
>a lot of them look fairly close to black people.
Not really. Abbos look like Indians crossed with cavemen and dusted in charcoal.
Blacks are big sexy homosapiens.
>>
>>8481655
No, it's fine. "Donovan Trott" here can go fuck himself.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.