[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can Drag queens - someone explain wtf the appeal of this is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12

File: drag queens.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
drag queens.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
Why is it that every gay guy I know feels the need to dress up as a woman as some sort of cultural thing? What is drag? Why do people enjoy it? Why do people think they're cool for doing it? Literally what is the appeal?
Is there like, a whole gay culture?
It's like people who cosplay or are really into steam punk, but much worse
>>
>>8477099
>being into steampunk is bad

k
>>
File: 1469591473321.jpg (130KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469591473321.jpg
130KB, 1024x1024px
>>8477099
I'm not really into drag either, but you shut your mouth about cosplayers and steampunks right meow.
>>
File: image.jpg (277KB, 689x1575px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 689x1575px
>>8477099

>Insulting cosplayers

Take that back!
>>
>>8477107
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-qAREXVUXk
faggot
>>
>>8477107
>>8477121
>>8477129
should have known asking a board full of degenerates why they do degenerate shit was a bad idea
>>
parodying transwomen
>>
File: tumblr_mlbm04yHAK1s3hp12o1_500.jpg (118KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlbm04yHAK1s3hp12o1_500.jpg
118KB, 498x750px
>>8477107
The only thing bad is OP's taste
>>
>>8477099
Well the key is being really ugly then anything you put on your face makes you look better. Even their terrible make up (it's a lot and complicated to put on, but terrible nonetheless).
>>
File: 0.jpg (31KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
31KB, 620x350px
>>8477099
I don't understand why so many of the straight guys I know want to wear sports-themed shit when they don't even play sports.
Or why so many straight guys want to watch fast cars drive in a circle.
Or why so many straight guys want to hit a ball with a stick into a hole, and why that also requires them to wear really ugly clothes.
Or why they like big trucks so much.

But I don't need anyone to explain it to me because I don't care. I just assume it's just another distraction they can use to pass the time and give them a reason to hang out with their friends and have something besides politics or religion to talk about while we all wait for death.
>>
File: fedoraman.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
fedoraman.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>8477170
WOAH so cool dude!!! steampunk and shit!! you're so unique and different!!!!!
>>8477231
straight guys liking sports etc has nothing to do with sexuality nice false equivalence you degenerate
pic related is you
>>
>>8477099
I'm shocked you know so many femme gays. A lot of gays try to be masc.

I'm an AGP and I understand the appeal of larping as a woman. Gays are feminine at heart and it feels good for them to express that.
>>
File: retard.jpg (40KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
40KB, 349x642px
>>8477245
>>
Its so gays can have a laugh at women (who they hate) while making transwomen look bad as >>8477157 said.
The whole thing is a strategy so that they can have their fun and false-flag trans as degenerates so that gays can be accepted by society on the virtue of being more normal.
>>
>>8482323
Why are gays so spiteful to cis and trans women?
>>
Why do they enjoy dressing up as women so badly?

I'd like to be a drag queen but only if I could dress normal.
>>
>>8482333
Gays have been treated like shit and they need an outlet. Women and especially trans women are the acceptable targets. They can't go after men because they are attracted to them.
>>
>>8482359
>They can't go after men because they are attracted to them.
That doesn't make any sense. Straight cis men and straight cis women target each other the same way.
>>
>>8482359
It has to end. Men who aren't actually trans shouldn't be allowed to perform in transface.
>>
>>8482377
What do you mean "the same way"? cis straight men only dress up as the other gender to insult trans-women, and cis straight women don't dress up as men at all...
>>8482382
Agreed. Drag is perpetuating all the worst stereotypes society has about transwomen. Drag queens don't have to worry about HRT, the legal difficulties of name change, or even the difficulty of going to the fucking bathroom in the wrong state yet they get to control the media's idea of what a 'tranny' is like.
>>
File: GettyImages-450019599-714x475.jpg (59KB, 714x475px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-450019599-714x475.jpg
59KB, 714x475px
>>8477099
I have dressed up as a woman on Halloween a couple of times and it was fun.

As gay men we get compared to women all our lives and told that we aren't real men because we like dick, so dressing up as a woman is a way of saying "I'm not afraid of that thing that is so terrifying to you straight men, which is to acknowledge a feminine side."

Also, we have to act so manly and butch all the time or else people will know we are gay so it is freeing to just let go and act like a nelly, queeny faggot for one night out of the year.

For me I also enjoyed dressing in drag but keeping my beard, and this past Halloween I wore a flag bikini and high heels and a sash that said Miss America and a big blonde wig and I stood in the street outside the gay bar and straight people would drive by and honk and straight men would whistle and yell at me and then I would turn around and they would see my beard and they would freak out because they had been turned on by my legs and ass but then they realized I was a man, so that was fun to fuck with their heads that way.

I know a lot of you trannies think that drag is rude or something but it is just fun. Also, we don't want to actually be women or be beautiful, we just want to poke fun at stereotypes and let our hair down and act stupid and crazy.

I have never wanted to be a woman.
In fact I don't like some feminine things about me and so I work hard in the gym to look manly and I make an effort to speak with a deep voice and use masculine mannerisms.

Yes, I know you will say I am repressing and that I want to be a woman but that is just projection on your part.
I would hate to be a woman.
They have difficult lives and they get treated like shit by men.

Men have much better lives and they are sexy whereas I just find women to be sad and pathetic.

pic related

It is a similar thing but with race.
The people who dress up as Zwarte Piet don't want to be black, they are just having fun with steretoypes and get to act the fool..
>>
>>8482323
>being this paranoid

wew lad
>>
>>8482407
A biological male who can be proven to be a gay man be forbidden from presenting female. It would be a very simple requirement and actual transgender women would be unaffected.
>>
>>8482420
>As gay men we get compared to women all our lives and told that we aren't real men because we like dick, so dressing up as a woman is a way of saying "I'm not afraid of that thing that is so terrifying to you straight men, which is to acknowledge a feminine side."
You aren't showing them that it isn't terrifying, you are deflecting their fear of you and turning it into hatred of transwomen instead.

>I have never wanted to be a woman.
>I would hate to be a woman.
Then you have no business parading around as one.

>They have difficult lives and they get treated like shit by men.
You are part of the problem.

> Zwarte Piet
Defending literal blackface. This has to be a troll, right?
>>
File: 1475205189734.png (214KB, 448x450px) Image search: [Google]
1475205189734.png
214KB, 448x450px
>>8482420
>Don't be upset that we're publicly displaying a caricature of you
>I just do it because it's fun to seem stupid
Neat
>>
For me it is a way of telling society that their constricting gender roles don't apply to me; I can dress and act how I want.

And for you people who are trying to say that gays hate women and are mocking trannies, you don't know what you're talking about and you're just trying to be divisive.

It has nothing to do with trans women, and we don't hate cis women, we love them, we just don't want to fuck them because to us they all remind us of our mothers and sisters.
>>
>>8482441
>hatred of transwomen

Fuck off.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Not everything is about you.
Most gay people don't even know any transwomen.
>>
>>8482431
TERFs always smoke the best shit lmaaaooooo
>>
>>8482445
>everything is about me!

no, it isn't.
>>
File: 1489371980077.jpg (402KB, 1235x766px) Image search: [Google]
1489371980077.jpg
402KB, 1235x766px
>>8482453
>I don't care if I damage other peoples' reputation because I don't know them
>>
>>8482453
You're being intentionally obtuse. You think middle America gives a shit as to why you do this? All they see is "LOLTRANNY I wouldn't want THAT in my bathroom" and screw US over instead.
>>
>>8482461
>trannies
>reputation

LOL
>>
>>8482461

Gay men dressing in drag has absolutely nothing to do with you.
>>
>>8482462
If you pass then the bathroom thing is a non-issue.
If you don't pass, then don't use the women's bathroom.
Gay men aren't dressing in drag and going into women's bathrooms.
That is something that only trannies do.
>>
>>8482472
I never said drag queens were going in women's bathrooms. This is about how drag impacts how the world sees transwomen. Gay men are more numerous and more visible than transwomen in western society and they by and large have endorsed the culture of drag which encourages backlash against transwomen yet leaves gay males unscathed.
>>
>>8482420
I really don't know how trannies stand HSTSes.
>>
>>8477099
everyone wants to be a girl
some fags just have to make a total freakshow out of everything
>>
>>8482482

You trannies do more than enough damage to yourselves without anyone's help. Get the fuck out of here. Until you get your deranged, perverted hons under control (stefonknee, bruce jenner, etc) don't come crying at gays.
>>
I get cosplay, and I get steampunk even if it's about 90% cringey but-

I don't understand why drag is such a big thing.

I'm trying hard to be supportive because I live in a city with a decent sized drag scene but as a trans man I can't help but think why the fuck would you give that shit up?

Trans women I get, they've got the same shitty brain problems I do and some of them do drag, okay, cool. I could see how maybe you'd want to be performative for some shit you worked hard to become.

But JESUS why are there so many gay men who want to put on a fucking dress? WHY YOU GOTTA MAKE IT A SHIT SHOW FOR THE TRANS LADIES.
>>
>>8477325
I kinda always thought drag queens were cool back in childhood too, even if its grotesque.
I guess I've always been AGP
>>
>>8482509
Bitch, they started your goddamned civil rights movement and then got crushed under your drag-wearing heels while you tried your damnedest to suck the authorities fucking dick as hard as you could to fit in.

Shouldn't have expected anything better from a bunch of cis white queers anyway, in retrospect.
>>
>>8482525

The gay rights movement was well under way long before some nigger tranny ever set a building on fire or assaulted a police officer. Try again, retarded fucking troll.
>>
>>8482534
>racism
shouldn't have expected any better from an establishment fag

Educate me then, dipshit
>>
>>8477107
>>8477121
>liking steampunk

Ew
>>
File: Marsha_P_Johnson-650x500.jpg (52KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
Marsha_P_Johnson-650x500.jpg
52KB, 650x500px
>>8482534
Why do people on Tumblr think this uglyfuck is a tranny in anyway?
>>
File: 1464397083534.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464397083534.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>8482525
>Trannies started gay rights movement
Return to Tumblr from whence you came.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.