[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blanchard doesn't hate trans-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 10

File: Wew.jpg (52KB, 678x243px) Image search: [Google]
Wew.jpg
52KB, 678x243px
Blanchard doesn't hate trans-
>>
>2017
>they still take this guy seriously
>>
File: ayyyy.jpg (97KB, 706x677px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.jpg
97KB, 706x677px
>>8467253
Yeah, it's pretty pathetic. Kinda telling that most of the people who comment on his posts are angry TERFs
>>
>>8467244
>>8467253
>>8467260
Wait, why not take him serious?

If hes wrong, no amount of listening, as long as we dig around, will make him correct, right?

Lets prove the LGBT is right, and have a debate with him!!!
>>
Blanchard's beliefs are what happen when you have cis people try to understand an incongruence they don't experience. Sorta cringe there are people who think they're AGP and won't transition because of that theory.
>>
>>8467289
His ideas were already debated ad nauseum countless times. You're free to debate Time Cube Guy again if you want to though.
>>
>>8467293
A trauma surgeons beliefs are what happen when you have non-mutilated people try to understand and incongruence they don't experience. Sorta cringe there are people who think the wounds should be treated and won't just leave it be because a surgeons theory.
>>
>>8467297

>Time Cube

RIP timecube
>>
>>8467297
And where was he wrong, or refused to answer exactly?

I can't tell you how many times LGBT or democrats refused to answer MY questions, yet want me to take them serious.
>>
>>8467299

This doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>8467244
so children with cross sex feelings about gender develop, desire envy and resentment that soon huh? yeah ok blanchard.
>>
>>8467301
...waitasecond
>Time Cube was a personal web page operated by self-proclaimed "wisest man on earth" Otis Eugene "Gene" Ray
>Oris Eugene Ray
>Ray
>R a y
>>
>>8467311

SHIEEEEEET.
>>
>>8467297
Agreed, neither does
>>8467293

>>8467310
I think he means cross sex feelings are BECAUSE of desire, envy, and resentment.
>>
>>8467315
about what? there are cases as soon as year 6 maybe even younger.
>>
>>8467305
This, too, has been discussed countless times. In fact there are threads in the catalog about this subject right now.
>>
like maybe a kid sees shit when young where the opposite sex is CLEARLY in a better position?

if you thought being a man was the shittiest thing ever from a young age, would you want to "be" a man? probably not.

>>8467318
K? Such as?

You are just telling me its been debated before but being a pussy about debating it now...
>>
>>8467327
>K? Such as?
CTRL+F AGP, Blanchard
>>>/lgbt/catalog

>You are just telling me its been debated before but being a pussy about debating it now...
Because I'm done wasting time debating non-issues from zero after they've been discussed and answered thousands of times. At some point, when someone goes "btw the holocaust didn't happen" you just gotta move on instead of trying to show neonazi #29852 why they're wrong.
>>
>>8467306
He's reaching really hard
>>
>>8467293
>Sorta cringe there are people who realize they're AGP and won't transition because of Blanchard's denigrators.
FTFY
>>
>>8467253
AGPs deny they are AGP because admitting that it was all just a fetish destroyes their virtual female persona they created and whats left is their fagile masculinity. This is why AGPs like bruce jenner would tell the media that "I always wanted to be a girl since I was a baby". LIES. Bruce Jenner was caught crossdressing in the 80s. He is obviously AGP not HSTS.
Vast majority of trannies are AGP. and Sometimes AGP have to transition if their fetish is not curable and their female persona is very deep into their idenity. But let us stop denying who we are.
If you belive you have AGP, you can take the risk of repressing but remember that if you fail repressing, transitioning later in life will make you look like a freak. Btw, we don't know if there is a cure or not. There might be so don't give your hopes up.
I like to think that AGP is a sexual orientation and HSTS is gender identity.
>>
>>8467619
>because admitting that it was all just a fetish destroyes their virtual female persona they created and whats left is their fagile masculinity.
It's better to accept you are an AGP acknowledge how you're different from cis and HSTS girls.

But we can still be a kind of girl thanks to out AGP orientation. Not being a girl will leave that orientation unfulfilled, like a straight guy never having a girlfriend.

>Btw, we don't know if there is a cure or not. There might be so don't give your hopes up.
I don't want to be cured of my orientation just because it's harder to fulfill than signing up on a dating website.
>>
>>8467619
>>8467633
AGP and HSTS are just debunked theories made into memes so you can stop anytime.
>>
>>8467659
>AGP and HSTS are just debunked theories made into memes so you can stop anytime.

give me the links for the source plz.
>>
>>8467670
https://sillyolme.wordpress.com/faq-on-the-science/
>>
>>8467671
>It does talks about AGP and HSTS theory. What do you mean its debunked?
AGP/CD ‘transgenders”: two or three in 1,000 male births (estimates go as high as three to five in 100 births for mild AGP)

AGP MTF transsexuals: One in 10,000 male births

MTF transkid transsexuals: Three in 100,000 male births

FtM transkid transsexuals: Three in 100,000 female births

AAP FtM transssexuals: Less than one in 100,000 female births (estimated one in 72 FtM transsexuals in one study… and possibly one in four in another… though this may be unusually high.)
>>
>>8467633
You're a hon and the best way to acknowledge is to stop existing and save the world from autogynophiles
>>
>>8467686
Go away TERF.
>>
>>8467702
you already admitted what you are
>>
>>8467736
AGP != hon
>>
>>8467670
Not them but we've just recently had an entire thread on this..
>>8403062

The transsexual typology is incompatible with modern neurological brain studies.

>>8467671
>"Science"
>Completely ignores all of the research pointing out gynephilic MTFs also have feminized brains pre-hormones
Nice
>>
>>8467557
The denigrators would just tell them they're trans.
>>
>>8467800
Hardly.
>>
>>8467803
I'm a denigrator, and I would tell anyone with gender dysphoria they're trans, whether they're AGP or not.
>>
>>8467825
And what would you tell anyone without gender dysphoria?
>>
>>8467856
if you have a desire to transition, and it isnt entirely out of something unrelated (like some feminine gay men feel like they have to because competition) then you should be allowed to transition
>>
>>8467856
First thing first, I think dysphoria is tricky to define because some people think it must be this visceral physical thing while others think a desperate, all-consuming wish to be the other gender is enough. A lot of people who think they don't experience dysphoria actually do if you follow some definitions.

Now, in the case where someone who is really not at all dysphoric wants to transition.. I think you should be able to do whatever you want to do as long as you are not hurting anyone else. If they want to transition that's their choice. It's just not a medical necessity. I'd caution them that transitioning might actually induce dysphoria in people who do on some level identify with their natal sex, but that doesn't seem universal and ultimately the choice is theirs.
>>
File: fuck ray blanchard.png (71KB, 642x375px) Image search: [Google]
fuck ray blanchard.png
71KB, 642x375px
friendly reminder
>>
>>8467305
>'if you fail to respond to my trollbait even once I am always right since infinity!!'
>>
>replying to the same retard /pol/ who has been making these threads and spams the same text pretty much word for word literally every single day

Seeya tomorrow retards!
>>
>>8467912
>Hating on Blanchard is /pol/ now
u wot
>>
>>8467883

Reminder he says bisexual MtF's dont exist. They can only be pseudobisexual lmao.
>>
>>8467942
I wonder what he'd think of Trent's metacis theory :^)
>>
>>8467918
trent already said that he want to use /pol/ as a breeding ground to spread the typology and racial HBD theory as they "already unconsciously believed it".
>>
>>8467244
>trans' behavior
What kind of behavior is he talking about?
>>
>>8467244 (OP)
he doesn't hate
he argues against sjw nonsense
its clear even out of context
>>
>>8467953

Gimme a /rundown/ on who this Trent tripfag is and what a metacis is.
>>
>>8467960
When?
>>
>>8467960
>trent already said that he want to use /pol/ as a breeding ground to spread the typology
Geeze, how low can you go?

>racial HBD
Oh no I have not heard of this
Oh no ho no ho no
I'm going to regret it but what is this "theory"?
>>
>>8467966

When you transgend.
>>
>>8467863
>>8467872
>should be allowed to
When have denigrators ever said this prior to half an hour ago?
>>
>>8467883
He's not wrong though. If you can actually get a child to be completely cis. Like actually cis and not just repressing then that's 10000000000 times better than being trans or transitioning.
>>
File: 2017-06-20_17-33-21.png (27KB, 791x184px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-20_17-33-21.png
27KB, 791x184px
just look at this shit

SJWs killed science
>>
>>8467968
Trent is a Blanchard fanboy/roleplayer who makes convoluted theories based on nothing. He has a clique of similarly deranged folks.

Metacissexuality (or pseudocissexuality) is when a trans person has "AGP" for being their natal sex and doesn't transition because of that fetish.
>>
>>8467987
she's talking about hsts dumbo
>>
>>8467953
It's not Trent's. Trent contributed to the theory, but it was invented by one of my friends and I introduced it to him.
>>
>>8467971
wait... that's not the right acronym
but anyways it has to do with inherent differences in ethnic based IQ.
>>
>>8467978
The mainstream community? A really long fucking time now. Only old hon haunts still stick to So You Want To Be A T-Girl nonsense.

>>8467987
He frequently favorably retweets Miranda mein fampai. Just look further up his timeline.
>>
>>8467990
and suddenly it becomes less of marxist bullshit?
>>
>>8467863
>like some feminine gay men feel like they have to because competition
aka HSTS

>>8467872
>if you follow some definitions.
Namely?
>>
>>8467619
>Bruce Jenner was caught crossdressing in the 80s. He is obviously AGP
Caught wearing womens clothes decades ago
Obviously not a real tranny, just an AGP. Wew
>>
>>8467997
>but anyways it has to do with inherent differences in ethnic based IQ.
So he's going full nazi? Fucking hell.
>>
>>8468003
>Namely?
Namely the more inclusive one mentioned in that very post.
>>
>>8467776
>>8467776
It's been proven they're the same hon
>>
File: AAP.jpg (583KB, 1561x1137px) Image search: [Google]
AAP.jpg
583KB, 1561x1137px
>>8467680
>AAP FtM
>minority amongs FtM

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>8468023
can I be a fujoshi in a male body?
>>
>>8468023
>mtf
>have become Fujo in the last 6 months
really makes u think.....
>>
Psychfags and neurosciencefags have always been locked in a struggle for which field better deserves to serve the human brain. Neither do any real science, that's what actual research psychologists and neuroscientists do. Instead, they just argue all day over which field is superior like typical bickering pedants.

Psychfags tend to be armchair philosowank types who think they know more about you then you know about yourself and neurosciencefags tend to be massive autistic STEMlords who won't believe anything not published behind a sci-hub access'd paywall.

Neither are particularly good for determining the reality of the situation, and I disregard 99.9% of these threads because it's all just blubbering by people who have prior agendas with absolutely zero hard evidence and 100% internet """"observations"""" like the /pol/tards do.
>>
>>8467795
is it possible to check how feminized my brain is? any psychological evaluation tests?
>>
>>8468093
>implying anybody is going to do an MRI scan on you because you want a tranny test

They don't do it for bipolars/schizophrenics either even though they also tend toward brains that are different from the mean.
>>
>>8468099
what about the other part of the question? if its significant it should manifest in many other things besides AGP fetishism, like psychological traits
>>
>>8468093
Your best bet is to get a bunch of scientists to run a bunch of scans on you, but that isn't really civilian technology at this point. As in, you'd have to approach a research team and convince it to run the tests on you. You can't just go to a hospital since people need to analyze the results and examine many different things.
>>
>>8468113
There are plenty of psych eval tests for trannies. They're harder to take as clinically valid because they're self-reported however.
>>
>>8468083
>Neurosciencefags tend to be massive autistic STEMlords who won't believe anything not published behind a sci-hub access'd paywall
Thank you. A lot of papers are open access now though. Worth giving them a look.

>Zero hard evidence
Minus the aforementioned peer-reviewed papers..
>>
>>8468121
any idea where could I look them up? hopefully something besides basics that just ask all the direct gender-related questions
all Ive seen was too blunt or relied on some 70s social gender norms
>>
>>8468121
>There are plenty of psych eval tests for trannies.
>>8468003
Troll spotted. Classic transsexuals, arent gay men who feel competition and make sad posts about how they really dont want to take estrogen because theyre men but sadly feel like they have to, to be alone.

They feel incredible strong female identity and transition because that aligns their body with what they feel
>>
>>8467659
>>8467795
If the typology is false, why is there such a divide between 'trans kids' and late onset aka "AGP"? And lost of Blanchars stuff checks out ot be true for self-identified AGPs
>>
>>8468156
>>8468157
Not them, and I don't know of any freely available tests, but you could check the DSM's definition here:
https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria

>In adolescents and adults gender dysphoria diagnosis involves a difference between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender, and significant distress or problems functioning. It lasts at least six months and is shown by at least two of the following:

>A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and primary and/or secondary sex characteristics
>A strong desire to be rid of one’s primary and/or secondary sex characteristics
>A strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the other gender
>A strong desire to be of the other gender
>A strong desire to be treated as the other gender
>A strong conviction that one has the typical feelings and reactions of the other gender
>>
>>8468159
>Classic transsexuals, arent gay men
[citation needed]
>>
>>8468185
cause they develop strong identity of the opposite gender in childhood before sexuality duh
>>
>>8467680

Those estimates are retarded. The only one that's close to true might be the mild AGP estimate. The rest of these are all vastly too low.
>>
>>8468175
>phoneposters

Shitty argument, mangled post, one line. Get a real access point to 4chan loser.
>>
>>8467244
TERFs BTFO by Based Blanchard.
>>
>>8468175
>Why is there such a divide between 'trans kids' and late onset aka "AGP"?
Androphilia correlates with femininity, regardless of sex and gender identity.
Gynephilia correlates with masculinity, regardless of sex and gender identity.

For example, gay men are more feminine than straight men, despite identifying as men. Lesbians are more masculine than straight women, despite identifying as women.

Gynephilic MTFs are more masculine than androphilic MTFs, as is expected.
What IS true is that autogynephilia is significantly more common in gynephiles than in androphiles. Most studies point to around 75% of gynephiles exhibiting some form of AGP pre-transition while the same is true for only 25% of androphiles. Even if you assume half of the people are misreporting you're still left with a significant portion of each group being/not being AGP. The divide is hardly strict and sharp.

Why is this the case? We don't really know. I speculate that it's because gynephiles are already attracted to women so it is far easier for them to eroticize the pretty women they imagine themselves as.

>And lots of Blanchard's stuff checks out to be true for self-identified AGPs
I think that, when the mainstream trans community tells you that AGP doesn't exist, someone acknowledging that what you've felt since you were a kid is real is affirming. People come to identify with the theory because it does not deny their experience. At the same time people in the know (such as the actual medical establishment) are very much aware that a lot of trans people show fetishistic behavior related to their gender pre-transition and just don't think that this makes them trans in a different way. Their view is that the fetish is something developed on top of transsexuality rather than being a cause.

I've met a few self-identified AGPs who strongly identified with the theory AND actually knew it, aye, but most people say it doesn't describe their experiences.
>>
>>8468220
>gays subjected to conversion therapy are woman!
>>
>>8468175
>>8468264
cont.

In the end I think that there really is a scant minority of people with a fetish who really do transition for its sake, and assume that everyone else is like them. To be clear this is within their right and I do not begrudge them their decision. The rest of the people who identify with the theory, however, are primarily those who have not heard of the views of the medical establishment and believe that the typology is the only theory that accounts for their autogynephilia.
>>
>>8467244

I'm pretty sure Blanchard is talking about AGP's treatment of women when they're in adulthood, assuming they don't pass. I can say I at least feel 2/3 of that and maybe 3/3 depending on what he means by "desire." I don't think the way I feel has affected how I treat women, and not just because I rarely interact with them.
>>
>>8468342
He's buying into the "AGPs often mistreat women" thing
>>
File: 1470546813715s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1470546813715s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>8468264
And whats with gender identity? why one group has early conviction of being the opposite gender while the other has fairly normal gender development and transgenderism manifests mostly in sexuality/fetishism and only develops (if ever) much later in life and leaves too many doubts as far as people even de-transitioning?

Why cant anything be done to help people stay their biological gender if they had no issues developing and living as they were born for quite a long while?
Asking for a friend.

Well its true that many just use the AGP tag because at least number of things align with their experience (not because they agree with the whole theory or even care about these debates), and contrary the 'true-trans' characteristics do not match their experience.
But many also shy away from it cause they want to be validated as real trans and not some fetish perverts. So I wouldn't say it's as clearcut.

>that the fetish is something developed on top of transsexuality rather than being a cause.
Yet there could be no signs of transsexuality before the fetish?

Also what about the pseudo-bi stuff and transgirls homecoming more into men after transition? is it just hormones?
>>
>>8468350
Why do Blanchardfags always scream for overwhelming evidence when you question their positions but field uncited unreliable speculative bullshit like this without a single source?

Is it because Blanchardism creates double standards by its nature, like any unfalsifiable pet hypothesis posited by one distinguished crackpot in the field?

Is it because Blanchardism is actually a religion, and not a scientific theory?
>>
>>8468416
>And what's with gender identity?
There is no significant difference between the groups on this front, minus a lot of ignorant autogynephiles repressing because they think that means they can't be trans.

>Why one group has early conviction of being the opposite gender
Just a note here: early onset/late onset dysphoria is usually just a few years apart.
Androphilic MTFs figure out something is wrong with them more quickly because they're more feminine.

>while the other has fairly normal gender development
Gynephiles are more masculine than androphiles so their behavior is more likely to be contextualized as within the normal bounds for a boy. Blanchard's Ur-AGP, who he wrote of in his early papers, prayed for God to turn him into a girl when he was 6 but was reportedly otherwise normal.

>transgenderism manifests mostly in sexuality/fetishism and only develops (if ever) much later in life
IIRC the difference between early and late onset is 6-8 and 11-13. I've explained why androphiles tend to figure things out faster, and are more feminine as kids. As to why transsexuals are more likely to be AGP (some androphiles included!).. we don't really know. There's a lot of speculation about how it's a way to cope with being trans before you can accept it but this is unconfirmed. What is confirmed, though, is that people of both groups have "feminized" brains even before hormones, with androphiles being more feminine in some ways.

>Why cant anything be done to help people stay their biological gender if they had no issues developing and living as they were born for quite a long while?
It takes people quite a while to come to know themselves, and this is not a process that can be easily reversed. I think that a trans person who went through life without really ever knowing they're trans wouldn't be happy. They just wouldn't know the reason for their unhappiness.

1/2
>>
>>8468416
>>8468497
>But many also shy away from it cause they want to be validated as real trans and not some fetish perverts
Well, I think that it also helps that the neurological view is on their side.

>Yet there could be no signs of transsexuality before the fetish?
I think that it is rare that there really are no signs. More often than not the signs are just subtler instead. Consider how cis lesbians are often said to be tomboys when they're young. Would you be able to tell that a boy behaving that way is not a boy?

>Also what about the pseudo-bi stuff
Pseudoattraction is real but there is no reason to think all non-exclusive androphilia is pseudoattraction.

>transgirls homecoming more into men after transition? is it just hormones?
We don't really know but reports of changing orientation post hormones are fairly well documented so I guess?
>>
>>8468516
>I think that it is rare that there really are no signs. More often than not the signs are just subtler instead.
Thats just grasping for straws, since any child shows some non-gender specific traits or behavior. Yet they develop well defined gender identity.

>>8468497
And what about not even puberty. but those of us living for 20+ years being perfectly fine and happy as a boy/man except some sexual fantasies of being female? You cant call it repression when there is nothing to repress. I may have been more feminine than average boy but I never wanted to be a girl and strongly identified as a boy in my childhood/teens.

Not to mention those 40yo dudes who have perfectly normal male life with family and careers? (which in turn is incomprehensible for me when I couldn't have relationship as a man at all)
The divide is really big and its not just about andro- or gyne- philia,

Does it mean that our brains are "feminized" to a various degree and that slightly feminized ones can live fine with no need for sex change, unless they get railroaded into feeling the need to transition by social factors these days?
Because that's all I hear "your a woman, go transition" and even a doctor I know who used to be a rather strict gatekeeper years ago changed into diagnosing F64 to pretty much anyone who wants.

>trans person
>went through life without really ever knowing they're trans
but that's complete nonsense by any standards
>>
>>8468785
>Thats just grasping for straws, since any child shows some non-gender specific traits or behavior. Yet they develop well defined gender identity.
Consider the tomboy example posted immediately after the line you quoted. How would you tell that a boy who acted like a tomboy wasn't a boy?

>And what about not even puberty. but those of us living for 20+ years being perfectly fine and happy as a boy/man except some sexual fantasies of being female? You cant call it repression when there is nothing to repress. I may have been more feminine than average boy but I never wanted to be a girl and strongly identified as a boy in my childhood/teens.
Adult onsent transsexuality is a tricky one. Here's one line of thought:
>>8464196

>Not to mention those 40yo dudes who have perfectly normal male life with family and careers?
Generally speaking those are repressors.

>The divide is really big and its not just about andro- or gyne- philia,
No bigger than the divide between straight and gay men. I disagree.

>Does it mean that our brains are "feminized" to a various degree and that slightly feminized ones can live fine with no need for sex change?
I think so, and I also think that there's definitely a threshold which you can pass after which you're capital T trans and will likely feel like shit if you don't transition no matter what society you live in. On the other hand a only very lightly "feminized" "male" might do fine as a cis guy.

>Because that's all I hear "your a woman, go transition" and even a doctor I know who used to be a rather strict gatekeeper years ago changed into diagnosing F64 to pretty much anyone who wants.
I don't know about your specific situation so I can't comment on what you are. Gender dysphoria is the indicator we're using now. Primarily because no one wants to pay for lots and lots of trans MRIs of various types.

>but that's complete nonsense by any standards
Why? People suffer from plenty of conditions they don't understand the cause of.
>>
I feel so bad for all the people on this board who believe AGP is an actual or meaningful pathology. ya don't have to justify yourself to anyone, if you want to transition then transition.
>>
File: Laila_McQueen.png (1009KB, 1548x874px) Image search: [Google]
Laila_McQueen.png
1009KB, 1548x874px
>>8467244
From what I've read on /tttt/ most transwomen want to transition because they think that being a woman is life on easy mode.
They think that once they are sexy they can just find a bara bf (or cis woman with a job) who wants to throw money at them and they can just go shopping for pretty clothes and get their hair and nails done and take long bubble baths while watching anime and fapping their girl tinkler.
But real life isn't like that for most women (Melania Trump excluded for obvious reasons) at least in America.

This is why so many of them commit suicide when they reach 30 and they have to spend have the day shaving and they STILL look like a man and no straight guy will even talk to them and there only hope is to smoke pot all day and go on disability insurance for their "bi-polar" disorder.
>>
>This is why so many of them commit suicide when they reach 30 and they have to spend have the day shaving and they STILL look like a man and no straight guy will even talk to them and there only hope is to smoke pot all day and go on disability insurance for their "bi-polar" disorder.

fuck off, anon, don't tell them my scheme.
just kidding though.

you're right, a lot of misogynistic trans women believe this, but I still don't think that's the driving reason for anyone's transition. not anyone who follows through with it, anyways. and even if they did, they'd be quickly disabused of this notion, like you said.
>>
>>8469667
>being a woman is life on easy mode.
go away sill noob, no one gets to be a WOMAN
being a tranny is harder than anything being male or female and transitioning is hell (unless you are pre-puberty AND with supporting family AND with money AND live in a some trans-friendly country/state)
>>
>>8469667
>From what I've read on /tttt/ most transwomen want to transition because they think that being a woman is life on easy mode.
Evidence they think this?
>>
>>8469667
nice b8 m8
>>
>>8469666
Well, the problem is; people growing up, especially in the past, didn't know that transitioning was a viable solution. They know something is different about them compared to other people, but they don't know what it is.
In comes agp theory to tell them that their feelings mean they're just regular guys who are attracted to feminine version of themselves, and not to worry, you don't need to do anything to change that.
So now they can say, 'oh, yeah, I just have a fetish, I don't need to address it with any meaningful changes.'
It's the easy way out.
Signed, anon who fell for the agp meme for all of her late teens early twenties. Ended up transitioning anyway at 22.

And the only reason I transitioned, is because I saw on the internet that it was a viable solution! Imagine people who didn't have access to that resource. They just repress their whole life. So sad.
Imo anyway
>>
>>8470262
>In comes agp theory to tell them that their feelings mean they're just regular guys who are attracted to feminine version of themselves, and not to worry, you don't need to do anything to change that.
No, that's what the AGP deniers say.
>>
>>8470280
Well, agp didn't help me. Transitioning and living my life without being ashamed that I want to be feminine helped me.
>>
>>8470300
If it had been recognized that AGP is a cause of being trans, you could have known you weren't just a regular guy earlier.

Instead, the anti-Blanchard line that is dominant says that AGP is unrelated.
>>
>>8470311
blanchard makes it so that feeling feminine growing up is a fetish! That would not help me, just make me ashamed.
>>
>>8470325
It's an orientation and is no more shameful than being gay or straight.

It's the anti-Blanchard "AGP is unrelated" view that makes it a fetish. What else can they call it, if they want to pretend it's unconnected to being trans?
>>
>>8470374
trans people are not attracted to the feminine idea of themselves though! It's not an orientation. Do you realize how hurtful and dehumanizing it is the say that?
Trans people might sexualize women's clothing and mannerisms ect, but that's because it's taboo for them to express it in an every day context. If there was no shame for being born male but being feminine, agp would fade away.
>>
>>8470434
>Do you realize how hurtful and dehumanizing it is the say that?
Reals before feels.
>>
>>8470451
He didn't test a neutral idea like, where does transgender identity come from?
Instead, blachard asks, in what way are males deficient in order to induce themselves into wanting to be the opposite sex?
That's not 'reals' science, that's 'feels' science.
>>
>>8470374
Blanchard has never fielded a single idea that AGP qualifies as its own orientation. To him, it is in fact "a fetish" and he encourages most AGPs never to transition.

It is you that has perverted the word of a psychologist to suit your own agenda.
>>
>>8470460
>He didn't test a neutral idea like, where does transgender identity come from?
What's your proposed alternative?

>>8470462
Read Lawrence's book.
>>
>>8467299
>see a dude's entrails
>not experiencing the dude's entrails
I just gotta revisit this, but it's incredibly stupid. Touching somebody's intestines is a shared fucking experience. When this nigga can get five fingers into your skull (note that he's only ever done meta-analysis of neuropsych- never actual research, and his meta stuff is quite mediocre) we can talk about the medical objectivist shit.
>>
File: holdup.jpg (76KB, 740x444px) Image search: [Google]
holdup.jpg
76KB, 740x444px
>>8470540
My proposed alternative is to abide by WPATH's and APA's transgender care guidelines.

>Psychologists may assist people in
differentiating gender identity and sexual orientation. As
clients become aware of previously hidden or constrained
aspects of their gender identity or sexuality, psychologists
may provide acceptance, support, and understanding with-
out making assumptions or imposing a specific sexual
orientation or gender identity outcome (
APA TFGIGV,
2009). Because of their roles in assessment, treatment, and
prevention, psychologists are in a unique position to help
TGNC people better understand and integrate the various
aspects of their identities. Psychologists may assist TGNC
people by introducing and normalizing differences in gen-
der identity and expression. As a TGNC person finds a
comfortable way to actualize and express their gender
identity, psychologists may notice that previously incon-
gruent aspects of their sexual orientation may become more
salient, better integrated, or increasingly egosyntonic
(Bockting et al., 2009;H.Devor, 1993;
Schleifer, 2006).
This process may allow TGNC people the comfort and
opportunity to explore attractions or aspects of their sexual
orientation that previously had been repressed, hidden, or
in conflict with their identity. TGNC people may experi-
ence a renewed exploration of their sexual orientation, a
widened spectrum of attraction, or a shift in how they
identify their sexual orientation in the context of a devel-
oping TGNC identity (Coleman, Bockting, & Gooren,
1993;
Meier, Pardo, Labuski, & Babcock, 2013
; Samons,
2008).

>>8470540
Anne Lawrence has been discredited as a legitimate source for transgender studies.
>>
>>8470280
Except that the "AGP deniers" repeatedly state that having a fetish doesn't mean you can't be trans.
>>
>>8470451
That's rich given how the actual scientific consensus is strictly against the typology.

>>8470540
Lawrence didn't do anything to prove her ideas, and the Blanchardian view is of a paraphilia turning into an identity over time.
>>
File: 1486784732731.gif (2MB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1486784732731.gif
2MB, 250x190px
no one fuckin knows
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.