[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STI Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: HSV1-2.jpg (55KB, 493x335px) Image search: [Google]
HSV1-2.jpg
55KB, 493x335px
Just got diagnosed with genital herpes and have already had 2 outbreaks in the last 4 months. Most likely got it from fucking 6 dudes in 1 month.

Shit has me feeling depressed, dirty and undesirable. How do you guys deal with the stigma of having an STI and finding love?

None of these "pos+" websites work worth shit
>>
>>8456213
don't be a sleazy faggot?

that simple
>>
>>8456213
Find other people with std's?

I dunno I've been terrified of getting anything and if I do casual sex I stick with one person so I can keep better track of things even if they happen to sleep with another person.
>>
>>8456213
>has me feeling dirty and undesirable
No shit. You got genital herpes.
>>
I don't think people here tend to leave their bedrooms much OP, you won't get any support.
>>
>>8457272
t. AIDS-riddled faggot
>>
File: 1470361219256.jpg (43KB, 214x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470361219256.jpg
43KB, 214x400px
>>8457272
>not disgusting disease ridden sluts
>they must be neets
Fuck off retard it's called practicing safe sex
>>
>>8457272
Strangely it seems mostly they're just completely illiterate on how STDs are transmitted sometime.

Take >>8457296 for instance, who seems to believe that wearing condoms prevents getting genital herpes despite it having nearly no effect on transmission of that disease.

>>8456213
It does suck that yours shows so much, OP, but herpes is literally nothing more than a slight inconvenience, and moreover it's exceedingly common, with about a third of all humans contracting it by the time they're 50.

The only real downside other than it being ugly and in some cases itchy is the social stigma attached, because lots of people believe they're doing something "right" if they never have herpes out real on their dicks. What those people don't realize is that they very well could--and if they're sexually active likely do--already have herpes, it just doesn't show in the majority of cases.

Just hang in their and don't let the people in this board who failed 7th grade health class get you down.
>>
Do STD tests even check for HSV or HPV? My understanding is that they're both exceedingly common and you may or may not already have it as many people are asymptomatic. It's actually rather terrifying.

>fool around with someone
>every little pubic itch makes you worry
>every little face zit makes you worry

Makes me just want to stop having sex because it feels good in that moment and then I spend the next year waiting for an outbreak of some kind :(
>>
>>8457403
Just had my cherry popped in a threesome yesterday, now the waiting begins I guess..
>>
Using protection, or remain abstinent mostly.
>>
>>8457296
How is safe sex going to protect you from oral herpes.

Keep in mind that person could have virus and not even know it because they've never had an outbreak are are asymptomatic. Or had such a mild outbreak that they didn't even realize what it was.

So unless you kissed each other through plastic wrap there's really no safe bets there.

I've fooled around with about 20 guys in my lifetime and have to wonder...

The fucked up part is I would OK with it if I were asymptomatic. But then somehow having an outbreak would make me feel like OP. I would probably just stop having sex entirely for the rest of my life if I had warts or blisters. Which really doesn't make a ton of sense.

What makes even less sense is I'd sooner bang someone who was HIV+ and undetectable (which I actually did for several years, that person was my boyfriend for some time) than if they told me they had HSV.

Then you start to think about how your sexual partners have probably had roughly as many sexual partners as you have, which creates like an exponential network of potential disease vectors. It makes me wonder how everyone on the planet doesn't have HSV and HPV.

Having sex sucks I'm just going to cut my dick off I think
>>
>>8457450
>cut my dick off I think
Your butt can still take dicks though
>>
>>8457403
>It's actually rather terrifying.
>A virus that at it's worse is a unpleasant but minor inconvenience

I don't see how it's so scary. Hell, nobody even considered it an ailment until the middle of the 20th century when a "cure" for it was marketed. The only way they could sell the medicine was by convincing people it was something that needed cured in the first place.
>>
>>8457574
>>A virus that at it's worse is a unpleasant but minor inconvenience
Because it makes you sexually undesirable

Ideally, everyone would be cool with it. Then I could be cool with it too because I knew if I had it everyone would be cool about it. But that's not the case it seems.
>>
>>8456213
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that's what you fucking get you dumb piece of shit degenerate
>>
>>8457644
I just mean nobody needs to know you have it unless you're in a relationship. As long as you aren't fucking while having an outbreak it shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>8457707
>I just mean nobody needs to know you have it unless you're in a relationship.
Is that really ethical?

I'm kind of sketchy on how transmission works, but my understanding was that you can transmit it even when you're not actively having an outbreak.

So that basically means I'm implicitly saying to my sex partners "good luck". I know I wouldn't want them to treat *me* that way, although I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
>>
I got the herp too op.

I don't mention it if it's just a casual hook up. Lmao

I enjoy speading herpies to unsuspecting guys.
>>
>>8457312
>don't let the people in this board who failed 7th grade health class get you down.
you mean didn't even attend sex ed because they're in shithole red states where the parents are left to never teach you about sex

you'll never win on this issue with people raised on puritan shame culture, it's a brain disease
>>
>>8457748
terrorism.
>>
>>8457718
>my understanding was that you can transmit it even when you're not actively having an outbreak.

True, but it's not very likely. I mean, its probably not ethical, but herpes isn't a big deal at all, so I really don't think it's the type of thing you have to disclose to all sexual partners before sex.

To me, it's just a fact of life that if you have sex with multiple partners you'll probably end up with HPV and/or HSV.
>>
>>8457296
herpes doesnt care about protection you moron
>>
>>8457748
>tfw giftgiving isn't just a meme
>tfw /pol/ is right again
>>
>>8458208
Please don't make low effort posts while crossboarding, /r/pol
>>
>be 26 years old kissless virgin
>have herpes since ~16, probably from sharing glasses/straws
>whenever I have an outbreak people look at me like I'm a slut
>>
Herpes is actually incredibly common, and the worst part is, that not all people show signs of it.

People take Valtrex for their herpes, and it helps prevent spread of it with a condom, but as a gay man, it sucks because it can be transmitted through oral, and who wants to suck a dick covered in a condom?
>>
>>8458256
I'm guessing hsv-1 though which like 90% got anyway, but yeah the stigma is still there, especially since 2/3 of those that got it doesn't get outbreaks either so they don't even know they have it..

Think I got my hsv-1 in elementary school or around that age (if not before even), maybe the one I kissed once when I was 8 or passed on by my parents instead (most common).

Also for next time, get tea tree oil for those cold sores if you haven't already, I find it to work great for relief and faster healing. And never pick the sore/crust, it just gets 10 times worse lol.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.