[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/etg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tgeu_Logo_ohneUnterz.jpg (81KB, 1654x1063px) Image search: [Google]
tgeu_Logo_ohneUnterz.jpg
81KB, 1654x1063px
European Trans General

European trannies report in, let's hear your stories.
>Country
>Ease of getting HRT (no gatekeeping, informed consent, short waitlists)
>Any discrimination/social hostility you face in case you're out
>>
>>8451775
>tfw no European tranny gf
Why even live
>>
>>8451775
>France

>Either free gov-funded system involving insane requirements (heterosexual, fully adheres to gender roles, no mental disorder, several years of transsexuality diagnosis, etc), entire transition process is taken care of by hospital teams and you can neither choose your doctors nor opt out of any surgery (what are human rights lol)
>OR liberal system, good luck finding a therapist who will sign a transsexuality diagnosis, good luck finding a doctor to give you hormones, good luck finding a surgeon, very frowned upon in general by government services and makes ID changes much, much harder

>My power of transman invisibility help a lot, but doctors often refuse to treat me once they find out (again, human rights anyone?) and I've been assaulted by cops more than once during what should've been routine ID checks. Finding a place to live was insanely hard too

>Name change on ID is a legal dead-end, almost impossible to get it. ID sex change takes about 5 years and involves invasive medical expertises

Overall 0/10 would not recommend
>>
>>8451775
>Denmark

>Well, I'm in the early process of gatekeeping and it takes a lot of months as far as I know.

>Well, If I went out evertone in my school would shun me, that's what I get for taking a education where there are barely any female and mostly men in a conservative environment ;_;
>>8451780
Be my bf, please :)
>>
>>8451775
>germany
>HRT within a week of therapy, legal changes within 10 months (although i was already full-time and self-medding). It varies a lot depending on where you live. Due to being poor all the legal changes where covered and i only have to pay 0-5 € per medication
>not a lot, although i was outed a few times which sucked. Work was okay-ish during the last 3+ years, we had a few idiots who just couldn't understand it. Didn't matter how often i tried explaining it
>>
>>8451816
I'm from France too, not trans tho.

>entire transition process is taken care of by hospital teams and you can neither choose your doctors nor opt out of any surgery (what are human rights lol)
Which surgeries do you mean? Have any stories to greentext?

>doctors often refuse to treat me once they find out
Only on gender-related issues (hormonal etc), I hope?

>OR liberal system
For the non-French anons here this just means private healthcare.
>>
>>8451775
> Germany
> HRT after 4 months because I scared the shit out of my psych when I told her I started selfmedding :^)
> There was once a guy in the train laughing at me but thats it.

>>8451846

In BW they require you to be on HRT or see a psych for 12 month before you can get your name changed I think. Also getting the two additional expert opinions really sucked.
>>
>>8451927
Those guidelines are seen as obsolete in BY, i've met a few trans-specific psychiatrists and they don't do that anymore.
I visited my primary therapist for like a year, once every 4 weeks for <10 minutes, we started the legal changes after half a year. The second psychiatrist was great aswell, had his evaluation ready within two months, court costs were free aswell.
I got HRT cause i did self-medding and it would've been "irresponsible" for me to not go to a endo. Workes great so far.
I didn't think getting two experts opinions was that bad but i can imagine in some parts of DE it really sucks and takes ages.
>>
>Poland

>one year of gatekeeping is required if you want to get HRT the legit and gov-funded way (dr Jakima, dr Robacha)
>or you can just go to an informed consent clinic (dr Liber) and pay some money to get HRT on the second visit
>no estrogen injections are available, you need to buy that in Czech Republic or just destroy your liver with pills or use those crappy patches that don't do shit

>changing legal sex seems impossible; you basically need to sue your parents that they "made mistake in a hospital". it takes few years, especially if they don't agree with you. everyone eventually achieves what they wanted though from what i heard

>depends where exactly you live i guess; i'm a neet with no friends so i don't know honestly. most people don't know what being transgender is and confuse it with being gay or transvestitic. however if you show someone an official diagnosis it helps a lot

4/10 overall
>>
>>8452101
>no estrogen injections are available, you need to buy that in Czech Republic or just destroy your liver with pills or use those crappy patches that don't do shit
How about gel? Pills aren't that bad and if you don't like to swallow them, maybe try sublingual application of Estrofem (estradiol*H2O)
>changing legal sex seems impossible; you basically need to sue your parents that they "made mistake in a hospital". it takes few years, especially if they don't agree with you. everyone eventually achieves what they wanted though from what i heard
Aren't there any guides online? Can't a judge just change that? Sorry to hear that
>>
>>8452133
I haven't tried the gel or the sublingual thing, I'm not sure if it's available though.

And maybe I exaggerated about "few years" – if you do everything the legit way you should already have all the required documents and it may take about a year if everything goes well.

There are some guides and a somewhat cancerous internet forum that may be a bit helpful. I don't believe anything can change though – our right-wing catholic president put a veto on a bill that'd simplify the whole process, but well… he didn't even know that it's still even possible right now. he basically said that "it'd allow gay men to change their sex and marry other men and adopt kids"…
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.