[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Transgender People

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 10

File: ponder.jpg (349KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
ponder.jpg
349KB, 1000x667px
In this thread, I would like individuals who do not understand or agree with transition or transgender philosophy, or who otherwise have something generally negative to say about transgender people, to state their opinions on such matters.

Your orientation or sex/gender identity can be stated but really doesn't have to be unless it applies directly to your statement.

This is not a debate thread. I am simply curious about the people who don't agree with trans individuals, on any basis. The people posting in this thread should be able to state their opinions and beliefs without fear of backlash or debate.

As for the context of this thread, I will state that I am a transgender individual, and I just wish to see all of the sides and opinions people have on people like myself, without the bar of "political correctness" holding people back from having their beliefs heard and considered.
>>
Assassinate Caitlyn Jenner.
>>
I am mtf trans.

I find everything about trans people and trans culture to be disgusting. I think most trans people are embarrassing and insufferable. I wish I wasn't trans every day of my life.
>>
>>8437498
I think dysphoria and wanting to transition is a psychological issue and that 'trans' people can learn to accept their sex, and should, because transition and being trans is bad for them.
>>
>>8437498
>Thoughts on Transgender People
I do not think about transgender people.
>>
>>8437720
>I do not think about transgender people.
That is a Strong, Statement Making Move anon.
The Media refuses to Talk about this.
>>
>>8437744
I Will also Never Look Up what Transgender is.

I just do Not give a fuck what it is.

I Am a Millionaire.

Most People arent Honest Enough to Admit that.
>>
>>8437795
>>8437744
You Know Only Autistic People Type Like This With random Words of the Sentence capitalized for Emphasis

>millionaire

I'll believe it after I see a screencap of your most recent bank statement.
>>
>>8437539
I'm in the same boat as you, anon. I don't see anything inherently wrong with being transgender itself, but most trannies I've met are awful, and the few that aren't are ftm.
>>
I never thought about them at all 4 years ago give or take

Then they became the Hot New Thing among straight teenage girls with savior complexes once gays became too accepted and were no longer counter culture enough
>>
>>8437806
I do Not Give a Fuck.

You Sound like soy.
>>
>>8437846
Not him but you do look like a retarded child or nigger when you type like that.
>>
I don't really get why people make a big deal about it and can't just be "feminine presenting" or "masculine presenting"
>>
>>8437873
It's a little hard to be "feminine presenting" with a pair of balls pumping out testosterone 24/7.
>>
>>8437873
Because that's not what it means to be a woman or a man. Women aren't inherently feminine and men aren't inherently masculine. And there's all sorts of interpersonal shit too.
>>
>>8437878
Not really, I know some fags that are more feminine than cis females I know.
>>
>>8437881
>le tabula rasa meme everytahn is kultural primary sex characteristics don't matter aaaaa stop questioning muh genderfl00id narrative
>>
>>8437881
>what it means to be a woman or a man

Whatever you think it means to "be a man" or "be a woman" doesn't mean anything to non-trans people.
>>
I've not met any transgirls in real life that I found to be remotely agreeable. I'm MtF and I've spent a lot of time around other MtF's, and they all end up being genuinely terrible - Whether it be manipulative and abusive, excessively clueless, or straight-up crazy.

I've had a lot of anti-role models, plenty of people that give me an example of what not to be.

That said, I'm also fairly right-leaning and every single day I wish I was cis. I wish that I was comfortable in my own body, I wish that my natural self didn't make me so miserable. More than anything I just wish I was normal.
>>
>>8437555
>'trans' people can learn to accept their sex
How?
>because transition and being trans is bad for them
Why?
>>8437873
>go bald from testosterone poisoning
>still somehow supposed to be feminine despite this
How
>>8437901
Wow, you really "le red pill"ed me!
>>8437919
>what matters to you doesn't matter to other people so it doesn't matter
You don't care that my grandma died but I still cried at her funeral.
>>8437939
Now you know what's up here I wish I was cis too all trannies are terrible
>>
>>8437951
professional wrestling is real to some people too
>>
>>8437951
>How?
By thinking more clearly and less emotionally, by finding other ways to fulfill the need to be the other sex, and by understanding that some things aren't possible and subconsciously accepting that.

>Why?
It's less healthy for the body than not transitioning like any avoidable surgery and medication is and it's mentally unhealthy as an obsessive preoccupation.
>>
>>8437981
>I fixed transgenderism guys! Now let me spread the word on a Zimbabwean Cultural Association Forum

Keep pretending you don't just want the trannies to kill themselves like the other conversion therapy tards.
>>
>>8438000
You can't fix transgenderism
>>
>>8437981
>less healthy
Except for the whole adding 15 years to your lifespan thing.
>>
File: b.gif (1MB, 266x204px) Image search: [Google]
b.gif
1MB, 266x204px
>>8437981
>By thinking more clearly and less emotionally
Before HRT my mind was nothing but a dull malaise. I was completely unable to feel any real emotion. HRT cleared that up, and now I feel like I can actually think again. I would be chemically miserable if I never started it.

>by finding other ways to fulfill the need to be the other sex
I pretended to be a girl online since I was a kid. I always picked the girl characters in games. I self-inserted so hard that I thought it was weird. It makes sense to me now, but it's just a symptom of being dysphoric.

>understanding that some things aren't possible and subconsciously accepting that.
Being genetically male and looking like a female isn't possible? You'd have to be blind or willfully ignorant to believe that. It's not about actually changing into a woman, you're still biologically male. It's about getting to the point where you can imitate it so well that people don't notice.

>It's less healthy for the body than not transitioning like any avoidable surgery and medication is and it's mentally unhealthy as an obsessive preoccupation.
Please show me some papers or research journals on the hurtful effects of HRT. I'd be fascinated to see this if you're not literally just playing armchair doctor.

You don't know anything about transitioning. You don't know the psychologically damaging effects of real dysphoria, and you don't know anything about the medical procedures that go in to treating it. Do some real research or go back to gaygen.
>>
>>8438000
I haven't fixed it. I think it can be fixed.

>>8438030
>Before HRT my mind was nothing but a dull malaise.
That sounds like depression.

>I pretended to be a girl online since I was a kid. I always picked the girl characters in games.
You could do that without transitioning as one less drastic way of relieving dysphoria.

>Being genetically male and looking like a female isn't possible?
Passing isn't possible for everyone and isn't certain for anyone. Many mtfs's need to be female goes further than just passing.
>>
>>8438049
You're just trying to ruse trannies into thinking they're depressed so they'll go on SSRI courses and delay transition until hon dom.

It's pretty sad to see people stoop to such levels btw. I figured everyone on this board was a psychopath but you've all developed a level of underhanded conniving delved from your chronic inability to convince a mite to stop bouncing.
>>
>>8438068
I recommend HRT more often than I have SSRIs.
>>
>>8438096
You repeat the same arguments over and over again, disregarding any counter to the contrary and 50+ years worth of psychiatric evidence.

There is nothing that can be done for you. You want to hurt others. You are a psychopath. I feel sorry for you more than I feel for any tranny on this board.
>>
>>8438049
>That sounds like depression
But it was cured with HRT. It wasn't depression. Read my post.

>You could do that without transitioning as one less drastic way of relieving dysphoria.
And that's what I did, until it no longer helped. Read my post.

>Passing isn't possible for everyone and isn't certain for anyone. Many mtfs's need to be female goes further than just passing.
I don't know if you're actually clueless or just trying to move goalposts.

An overwhelming majority of transpeople hold passing as the biggest priority. Some take it farther and get SRS. I'd be willing to debate the dangers and benefits of SRS all day, since I'm not really sold on it, but it's all a case-by-case basis on how far your dysphoria reaches. By and large, however, genitals aren't the most defining factor, looks and social presentation are.
>>
>>8438109
I don't know what you mean.

I only shared this to help.
>>
>>8438138
"Transpeople should just b themselves and not trans ;))" isn't helping, you don't understand the fundamental root issue of dysphoria.

It sounds to me like you made up your mind a long time ago that you think being trans is icky, so now you throw together flimsy, poorly construed """"help"""" that boils down to "Just stop being trans! Get different help!" to get them to stop doing that gross thing you don't like.

What letter are you, in the by? It's G, right?
>>
>tfw you realize every single person trying to convince people not to transition is an ugly hon crab in the bucket or an early trans who wants less competition
>>
>>8438131
>But it was cured with HRT.
I read that. I don't know what to make of it. Maybe it was psychological, knowing that you were transitioning letting you feel less depressed.

>And that's what I did, until it no longer helped.
I meant it along with ways of relieving the dysphoria and the other things I said.

>I don't know if you're actually clueless or just trying to move goalposts.
I said some things aren't possible.

>but it's all a case-by-case basis on how far your dysphoria reaches.
Dysphoria doesn't mean you have to do something.
>>
>>8437498
I'm MtF

I wish I had been born normal, instead I get this nightmarish hell of a life. I make the best of what I can however. That said, I fucking hate SJWs and transtrenders hijacking this medical condition and pushing it to be like a fashionable, fun fad you should be proud of. It's a living hell, I hate it and I hate anyone who promotes it like a pride parade circlejerk.

>My other views:

Trannies who have not been on HRT for an extended period of time should not be allowed to compete against their identified sex. HRT should be mandatory and must have had its full effects on the biochemistry and muscles of said tranny before they are allowed to compete.

Gatekeeping keeps the trendies out. You must have dysphoria to be trans, period.

There are only two genders. You identify as one. Anything else is trendie shit.

If you are not post-op, you should not be in the women's locker room (or vice versa for FtMs). If you use the women's bathroom, make yourself fucking presentable. You're embarrassing us all and no wonder everyone hates us.

AGP is a shit meme. Blanchardians can go to hell.

The word 'tranny' is not offensive. It's no different than 'trans'.

Gender Identity Disorder/Gender Dysphoria is a disorder/defect. It is not a choice, nor is it normal. Anyone pushing for this to be considered totally normal is a trendie piece of shit.

HRT and SRS should be covered by private insurers. It should not be covered by government insurers/Medicare/Medicaid.

Caitlyn Jenner is retarded.
>>
>>8438148
Repressing T.
>>
>>8438205
>Gatekeeping keeps the trendies out. You must have dysphoria to be trans, period.

Do you think the majority of the people claiming to be trans online don't have dysphoria?
>>
>>8438209
Holy fuck, no wonder. Don't do that to yourself. You'll be a lot happier when you just transition already.

>>8438205
This person knows what's up, save for the bathroom thing. I feel like you should use whatever people are most likely to identify as. Going into the boy's bathroom when you look 95% female is just going to cause issues.
>>
>>8437555
Had I not transitioned to live as a woman, I would have shot myself in the head 10 years ago. Despite 10 years prior going from psychiatrists to therapists to psychologists and being on nearly a dozen different psychiatric medications (anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, anti-psychotics), I consistently and desperately identified as a female. Nothing worked. No amount of therapy, pills, repression, praying or anything else stopped it. I reached a breaking point and was ready to die. Then I transitioned and I have NEVER been happier.

Fuck your pseudoscience.
>>
Gender dysphoria is a mental illness and should be treated as such. Somewhere along the way people started calling people not willing to indulge the notion that men are women and women are men bigots, silencing any further debate. Here are the facts: trans people have suicide rates of over 40%, that's absolutely insane. To think that this is just because people are mean to them/don't use their pronouns is absurd. Trans people are heralded as heroes, look at motherfucking Bruce Jenner. It's almost trendy to identify as another sex, especially at a younger age, which is actually dangerous, because the majority of kids grow out of these thoughts. Meaning people advocating for the right for kids to go under the knife are most likely mutilating them, which results in again more suicides. If a schizophrenic person said the tv was talking to them, you'd be concerned for his mental health. However, when a man tells you he 'feels like a woman', this is empowering and normal behavior. Both negate provable truths in reality, yet the one about sex is somehow sacred since the pseudoscience of the 'sex-spectrum' was invented. And don't try to sell me the 'female brain in a man's body' bullcrap. No honest scientist would ever go as far as to say that. It is true that the brain of a tranny differs from that of a regular man, but so does the brain mentally retarded person. People who identify as transgender need genuine help, and forcing people to use your pronouns/deny basic biology is so insulting to me I almost wish the suicide rate was higher than it already is. I have no problem with homosexuality by the way, in case you were wondering.
>>
>>8438236
>You'll be a lot happier when you just transition already.
Passing isn't possible for everyone.
>>
>>8438219
There are a lot of people more recently coming out as 500 different genders who seem to be doing it for fun. I've seen so many people try to argue you don't need to have dysphoria to be trans. Many doctors are noticing the uptick trend of parents or morons pushing kids to be trans or transition over ridiculous stuff, or people merely saying they want to become trans because it's cool. It need to be stopped or there'll be a rash of regret suicides in the next decade, inflating the already abused statistics.

>>8438236
Well like I said, if you put in effort to look presentable, go ahead and use the women's bathroom. My issue with locker rooms is you shouldn't be whipping your dick out in front of women and girls if you're pre-op/non-op.
>>
>>8438068
>>8438109
>>8438148
I don't know about SSRIs, but you might want to look into anti-psychotics.
>>
>>8438263
I'm not trans so I don't really have a leg to stand on I guess but if I was I'd probably be pissed by people who claim they're trans and make almost no effort to pass.

I've known (and dated in one case) a lot of people like that, they always push their insecurities on other people and try to get other people to shoulder their responsibilities. I get the need for validation and a support group but you're supposed to share, not unload everything on other people so you have no personal responsibilities yourself.
>>
>>8438239
If you're at the point where you'll kill yourself otherwise then I agree with transition.

It doesn't have to reach that point though.
>>
>>8437498
what do trannies and schitzophrenics have in common?

The both have a hard time dealing with reality
>>
>>8438263
>inflating the already abused statistics.

Case in point, this retard >>8438256

It's a 40% ATTEMPTED suicide rate, dipshit, and it IS because of the sheer amount of hate, abuse, discrimination, poverty and violence many often face, even from their own families and loved ones.
>>
>>8438007
yes you can, you can treat it like any other mental illness
>>
>>8438285
Treatment and curing isn't the same thing.
>>
>>8438285
Please Mr. PhD, tell us the secret to curing trannies. I will wait.

>inb4 pimozide
>inb4 zap the fags
>inb4 bullet to the head
>>
>>8438288
may not cure but chemo therapy treatment does help those who have cancer.
If scientists were not to dedicated to the poz, we could have cured it long ago
>>
>>8438297
Don't worry, Vice President Mike Pence has a great new program that-
>inb4 zap the fags
Damn.
>>
>>8438280
Are you actually saying that trannies are so suicidal because of abuse and fucking poverty? Because you realise the only comparable statistic is that of German Jews during WWII. Look me straight in the eye and tell me trannies face that much hardship.
>>
>>8438297
well we first would have to find the cause, that would be a start,
>>
>>8438275
>It doesn't have to reach that point though
It would be better to transition before you get desperate enough to want to kill yourself.
>>
>>8438313
People kill themselves over a lot of bullshit. Imagine losing everything because you came out as trans. Your family, your job, can't afford treatment, become homeless, resort to sex work to survive, face violence, extreme poverty, discrimination from emergency services and the government, get raped, get STDs, know in the end you will never be the sex you identify as. At the time that 40% study was performed, this was the typical reality of many trannies. That study was from the 70s, 80s and 90s.

With so much acceptance, legal protections and increased access to mental care and health care, I'm sure that 40% rate is significantly lower.

>>8438316
Well shit, if only we had scientists doing this right no... oh they've been. Neurology and psychology are extremely complex and we have worse conditions to cure first, like this Autism epidemic, or cancer, or HIV/AIDS.
>>
>>8438316
neurological malfunction during the critical masculinization period in the womb

same thing for homosexuality
>>
>>8438313
NEVER FORGET, BOYIM.
>>
>>8438342
It would be best to not get that desperate at all.
>>
>>8437821
MtF and same. Would kill to have a have a halfway normal MtF friend. Met several, all gross attention whores. Only sane ones I've found are FtM.
>>
>>8438351
Is this why i look like a twink manlet?
>>
>>8437498
Well, mtf for instance post lots of pics of cute anime girls which is something actual females don't do. Guys on the other hand do.
It all seems more like a fetish and "grass is always greener on the other side" thinking.
>>
>>8438522
MtF here. It weirds me out too. Why are so many transgirls weeaboos that are intent on being "Cute" by emulating their favorite moeblob, when really it's just creepy?
>>
>>8438701
a lot of transgirls think they're anime girls, it's really offputting when you see them dressing like a 14 year old anime girl and everyone is just forced to accept it or they'll be labeled transphobic

But the thing is they'd look like shit dressed like that even if they were born a cis female.
>>
>>8438522
>>8438701
>>8438719
This is one of the main reasons I can't stand MTFs.
>>
>>8438719
But you wouldn't obsess over them if they were cis.
>>
>>8438738
No, female weebs are almost as bad.
>>
>>8438745
I see all your posts whining about them!
>>
>>8438765
What?
>>
>>8438745
And theyre all insufferable.
>>
>>8438522
As a MtF, I don't understand this phenomena. I've never been into anime and still see nothing interesting about it.

>>8438738
When I was in high school like 10 years ago, we had tons of female weebs. Most of them were obsessed with Naruto and Yugioh. They were incredibly annoying. I said 'anime is stupid' and one of them started crying.
>>
>>8437498
Your community is too loud, far too demanding, and have dug yourselves into a hole that will not benefit anyone. I would wager that we'll see the consequences of this five, ten years down the line, if not sooner.

For example, the bathroom debate. Instead of lobbying for neutral bathrooms (i.e., a sink common area with rows of private stalls for anyone, regardless of, well, anything), you all lobby for signs that say things like "Transgender people welcome". It's discrimination disguised in another color, and absolutely deplorable. If you want equality, you need to demand equality, not special treatment.

You also need to understand that some people are gonna find you weird, and gross. Some of you pass, and some of you way do not. Don't get so mad at folks. You need to be understanding. The onus is on you, and you only, to represent yourselves and your community positively. Most of the transgender folk I see do not do this; then again, most of the transgender people I meet in the first place I probably don't know are transgender. Which is entirely the point, isn't it?

I also legitimately think it's a mental disorder, but hey, if you can make a mental disorder work for you, then more power to you. Just don't be a fucking cunt about it.

Thanks, anon. That felt good.
>>
I resent the forcing of trans acceptance. Several years back I saw an anime that featured a character who was either a trap or transgender, can't remember now. I googled it and heard briefly about transsexuality, thought "that's a bit weird, but whatever, it's a strange world for us all". Nobody who saw that anime with me thought it was disgusting or degenerate. They were curious, but there was no negativity.

Fast foward to the current year, and trans acceptance is being forced in the most asinine of ways:
>paranoidly assume all cis are transphobic idiots
>announce that trans people exist, you must use their preferred pronouns and treat them as their true gender, which they already are pre-transition or you are a bigot
>scoff when cis ask why they have to transition if they already are their true gender, and call them idiots
>offer an """explanation""" in the most condescending tone possible, which is less an explanation and more a reinforcement of the original point "transgender exist, use their pronouns or you're a bigot"
>cis are now getting pissed off at the obnoxious, histrionic trans and their allies
>the latter become frustrated and tell the former to "educate themselves", which they of course don't, because they don't like homework of dubious benefit to them
>cis begin mocking the trans because their statements sound utterly ridiculous and they've been acting like complete twats
>trans become upset cis are mocking them and still don't understand transgenderism, so they begin mocking cis by creating comics, blogs and videos suggesting cis don't accept trans because they are too stupid to understand it
>some trans realise this is a PR disaster and begin playing good cop, bad cop by offering to debate, hear complaints or offer an explanation
>they get annihilated by resentful cis because the trans acceptance movement is now too heavy to carry, being a figurative strawman
End result: people don't want to learn about trans, they want them to shut up.
>>
I tend to think that trans people want to cling to a gender label really hard and I'm not sure I understand why. Or maybe I do but still kinda view them as defensive, damaged or superficial. I'm sorry and I know there's more to it but that's a part of me.
>>
>>8438280
>>8438313
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2000-11/MC-MCss-3011100.php
>ROCHESTER, MINN. -- A Mayo Clinic study published in the December issue of the American Journal of Psychiatry debunks the commonly held notion that about 15 percent of people diagnosed with depression will commit suicide. After analyzing 100 suicide studies conducted over the past 30 years, Mayo Clinic researchers concluded that a more accurate suicide rate for patients with depression is 2 to 9 percent.
http://lostallhope.com/suicide-statistics
>According to the American Association of Suicidology (based on a SAMHSA study)1, there are 25 attempts at suicide for every one success.
>In young people (aged 15 - 24), the odds are between 100 and 200 to 1 against.

TLDR: the suicide rate for trans people is 0.4*0.04=1.6% which is even less than the lowest estimate for the suicide rate of patients with depression (which incidentally, most trannies face as a results of people treating them like shit, denied treatment, etc).
People aged 15-24 (aka the majority of trannies who commit suicide falls into this group) also have a 1%-2% chance of the attempt being successful, which is 4 to 8 times less than the population average.
Even if you want to account for multiple suicide attempts per person, the highest suicide estimate you could get would only roughly match normal depressed people.
>>
I'm trans. I don't understand it at all. Part of me still believes it's a mental illness. But I'm happy transitioning, so that's all that matters, whether I'm crazy or not.
>>
>>8439024
You're not wrong. There's something fundamentally broken about someone who spends more time than they ought thinking about their, or others', gender. Or gender at all. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have a vagina, sure. I think everyone's thought about having the opposite tool in their lifetime at least once. But devoting your life to it? Manage your priorities. Find a solution for the disease, not the symptoms.

And also learn to love what you have--truly. Because you'll never in your lifetime have a truly, one-to-one, functioning penis or vagina if you weren't born with one. At best, you'll have a passable facsimile.
>>
>>8439073
If you think the genitals is the thing trans people care about the most, you are very far from understanding dysphoria.
>>
>>8439103
I believe xe was using genitalia as an example, not suggesting it was the primary concern of trans.
>>
>>8439073
That's it. I'm just not so sure about those last points and if that's what makes one happy then I'm all for it. I'm just a bit scared at the thought of someone not really knowing they can choose not to care so much about gender and just be "feminine" or whatever, instead of just transitioning without fully figuring that out (teens...)
>>
>>8439132
I mean "sex" maybe instead of gender
>>
I think they're degenerate faggots of the highest order. They've usually got fucked up fetishes and are a bit bipolar.
>>
>>8439171
Rude desu
>>
>>8439073
>There's something fundamentally broken about someone who spends more time than they ought thinking about their, or others', gender. Or gender at all.
I honestly think this is a big factor in the recent upswing of trenderqueers, particularly agenderism, genderfluidity, and similar bullshit Tumblr identities. I have watched so many people coming out as trans only after years of involvement in queer circles - and then suddenly they were repressing all along, they always had dysphoria, just didn't have a word to describe what they felt, etc.

If you sit and consciously think about manually blinking and breathing, for a minute or two it feels okay and you're able to function as normal. In time it starts feeling awkward: you get uncomfortable, you blink too long or too hard, you start feeling the urge to yawn or sigh, your eyes dry out more quickly than they would if you just let your body handle the autonomic function the way it's meant to.

I think it's similar with gender identity. The LGBT community's recent hyperfocus on gender identity is causing people are literally overthinking themselves into dysphoria or discomfort with their gender.
>>
>>8439194
*causing people to literally overthink
>>
>>8438239
I'm too old to transition, my life is basically anxiety, nothing else.
>>
>>8438256
But a trans brain is different from a normal person, use Google.
>>
>>8437498
do your thing I dont care, I might not agree but it would be wrong of me to oppose how you want to live your life. I feel bad for people that feel like they were born with the wrong gender(or sex), but I dont think that with our current technology there is any way to change your "sex" (or "gender"... english is a second language idk which word is used to describe the body in a biological sense)
>>
>>8439274
Sex is biological/body, gender is mental/identity.
>>
>>8439073
It's funny reading the posts from people who don't understand diagnosed dysphoria in the slightest.
>>
>>8439285
Okay, thanks
>>
>>8438350
>With so much acceptance, legal protections and increased access to mental care and health care, I'm sure that 40% rate is significantly lower.
Probably not if 2015 US transgender survey is any indication.
>>
>>8437498
Cis just means normal and trans people are subhuman.
>>
Hey, it's OP, back after a long while to see how
this thread was coming along. It seems some people missed the point of this thread.

These people here seemed to get the point.
>>8437539
>>8437555
>>8437824
>>8437873
>>8437939
>>8438166
>>8438205
>>8438256
>>8438522
>>8438997
>>8439022
>>8439024
>>8439054
>>8439274

This thread was made as a way to try and understand thoughts and views that I may not generally agree with. I think that, taking the time to put aside my issues and looking at these views with as little bias as possible will help me come to better conclusions regarding my own views, as well as help me to better approach situations in which my views are challenged.

I can see there is some general discussion here, but for the most part, I mostly see bickering with little room for understanding. You are fighting a battle you can't win, because both sides are too stubborn or proud to actually contemplate and discuss things in a civil manor.

I think taking a more humble approach to any argument will give way to better solutions for both sides. Cis people who don't understand dysphoria, or trans people who don't agree with the physical risks of transition, shouldn't be battered and berated and labeled, but approached with a token of understanding of their views, and with hope, they would return the favor.

I see so many divisive and stubborn views on this board as a whole, with labels being thrown around as though they were weapons in a war that doesn't need to exist. We all have our differences. The very thread that binds this board together is that we are, for the most part, societal outcasts. Sure, we are getting more attention now, and that attention is leading to more understanding and tolerant communities for us to live peacefully in, but if we can't give that same attention to ourselves, and try and understand all of the differing parts of our vibrant and varied communities, how are we any better than the societies that shunned us in the first place?
>>
>>8438522
>>8438701
>>8438969
You people are retarded. You only see "this phenomena" (posting anime) by guys because it mostly happens in this site and everyone here is a guy, or at least considered a guy until proven otherwise.

You are literally retarded if you think girls don't do this. You only have to look at general gaming forums and see that most of female users have anime avatars and signatures.
>>
>>8437498

I don't think trans people should be persecuted and I think it speaks admirably of a society if such people can carve out a happy niche for themselves. High intelligence is often correlated with lifestyle 'eccentricities' and so I think society can benefit from a sensible level of tolerance towards the fringe.

However, it never seems to stop there. We are expected to celebrate and over-represent people in our society who are essentially maladaptive. Why would we significantly re-organize society and normative behaviour to accomodate a small and evolutionarily maladapted fringe? If anything, social deviants should expect certain challenges and do their best to respect the norms that underpin a healthy society.

Unfortunately, we seem to have difficulty striking a healthy balance with agendas of equality (perhaps because equality is a myth in the first place)... Such as the plagues of feminism and racial equivalence.
>>
>>8439437
mind to explain? i dont get it.
>>
>>8438285
>yes you can, you can treat it like any other mental illness
"Mental illness" isn't a thing. There are all kinds of different brain disorders/dysfunctions that are lumped as mental illnesses, but they have different treatments. There's no such thing as "like any other mental illness."
>>
>>8441411
"Posting Anime" isn't the problem you mongoloid. It's the weird association that MtF's draw in an attempt at emulating anime girls. They don't just post pictures of them, they roleplay as them.

Any weeaboo will probably post anime. It takes a special kind of derangement to pretend that you ARE an anime girl.
>>
>>8442992
>They don't just post pictures of them, they roleplay as them.
>It takes a special kind of derangement to pretend that you ARE an anime girl.
Do they really though? When?
>>
>>8443062
Are you serious? Browse the catalogue
>>
File: berb.jpg (73KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
berb.jpg
73KB, 675x1200px
>>8446510

The catalog isnt that crowded with anime pics though. There's a crying cushion, Blanchard, a trolley problem, and fidget spinner. Counting the OP pics you can see anime pics maybe make up less than 1/7th of the OP pics and their use is usually theme related like some anime bitch standing in front of a train when discussing suicide. Not exactly 'kawaii desu ne! ur so sugoi x D" shit so it's not roleplaying.

It looks like just posting pictures of random shit but with the usual anime presence you see on 4chan because it's an American ripoff of a Japanese imageboard. If it wasn't just posting pictures of anime girls then /r9k/ is roleplaying as an autistic frog and /pol/ is roleplaying as flags.

If you leave 4ch and hang out on r/traaaaaaaaannns or other trans meme sources, anime girls don't have a huge presence there, even though the relatability for memeing would be high. The top posts are mostly 3D inanimate objects.
>>
>>8446510
Doesn't count as roleplay.
>>
>>8446536
/r9k/ and other boards do role play as frogs and /int/ peeps definitely do role play as their country albeit in a tongue in cheek manor. I meant browse the board not the op pics of each thread.
Not that I care or that it really matters but it is a thing on here to identify with anime characters.
>>
File: 1488721731005.jpg (324KB, 2151x2603px) Image search: [Google]
1488721731005.jpg
324KB, 2151x2603px
>>8446510

>Can't point out examples
>>
File: IMG_2430.jpg (92KB, 730x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2430.jpg
92KB, 730x550px
>>8446553
There's your example fagbait
>>
File: 1479407288303.jpg (182KB, 1280x895px) Image search: [Google]
1479407288303.jpg
182KB, 1280x895px
itt: i'm not like the other trannies.
suuure thing, sweetie.
>>
>>8446560
That's not roleplaying.

Your own 'example' disproves your claim.
>>
>>8446560

That isnt roleplaying lmao.
>>
>>8437498
cis white male here.

I grew up playing with dolls and shit. My neighborhood was girls only, then me. My closest friends tell me I'm very sensitive, naggish, and can be very fickle to boot. These are all signs of a woman, typically speaking.

When I look at women, I wish I was as pretty as they are. Men can't be attractive or pretty, in my opinion. We're just there I guess. Whenever I play a tabletop RP or create a character in video games, I make a female character...

That being said. It's not normal or accepted to be "that way" trans people do. Most trans people are unhappy and basically kill themselves. Why do that to myself? I'm not a girl, but I can date and marry a girl. I get to literally LOOK at a beautiful woman daily.

I think anyone who is considering changing your gender should just stop. Be fucking normal to some extent. Most people will NEVER pass. Most people will be unhappy forever. Most people WILL kill themselves. Just stay whatever gender you are. You like dude and are a dude? Well okay, it's not "normal" but hey, it's waaaaay better than ruining your life by taking hormone pills and never finding ANYONE who will touch you lovingly.
>>
File: Werner_Herzog_10.jpg (219KB, 1300x975px) Image search: [Google]
Werner_Herzog_10.jpg
219KB, 1300x975px
>>8446629
>Most people WILL kill themselves.
>>
>>8446629
>I get to literally LOOK at a beautiful woman daily.
If that was enough being AGP would be no different from being cishet.
>>
>>8446629
Ohoho you are so trans lmao
>>
>>8446629

Look at this egg.
>>
>>8446685
No, like I said at the start. Im a straight white guy.

When I was younger, there was that "but what if I was a cute girl?" thought in the back of my head. Was it just teenage puberty fucking with me? Very well could be. Was it just curiosity? Something more?

Doesn't matter, at the end of the day, I decided that life was too hard to try and be something I'm not. I'm a guy, no amount of wishing or surgery will change that. I'm a white person. No amount of wishing or injections will change that.

Sure, maybe I could Frankenstein myself to be a cute asian girl. But I wouldn't be happy then either because I know I just wont pass, like most trans people. Most of my family and friends wouldn't understand and neither would the outside world.

Why put myself through that? Why fight so hard to be something I'm not? I can just be me and be happy. Yeah, there are some days that I wish I was my wife or that we could just switch bodies once during sex. But it's just a glimmer and over all, I'm much happier being "normal".
>>
File: nice_job.jpg (81KB, 365x555px) Image search: [Google]
nice_job.jpg
81KB, 365x555px
>>8446717
Holy lmao why do you keep repeating that you are white, is not even relevant ahahahahah you are so brainwashed by /pol/ it's hilarious.

Do whatever you want, girl. Just have fun
>>
File: laughing anime girl.jpg (87KB, 582x580px) Image search: [Google]
laughing anime girl.jpg
87KB, 582x580px
>>8446717

Holy lel this has to be bait. You're such an egg.

>Straight white male
>With a wife
>But tells themselves they wouldnt pass and this is really the only reason they wont transition
>Internalized hatred of trans people for not repressing like them
>Acknowledges signs of a woman but denies they apply cos not normal / i-it just cant be / misinterpreting statistics and what happens when you're trans
>Just makes a vague reference to 'normality' all throughout but frequents obscure trans forums and tells their life story where the signs are all obvious

You should be added to the copypasta.
>>
>>8446717
You are killing me
This denial is even greater than my suffering
>>
>>8446717
>Im a gynephilic white agp.
FTFY
>>
>>8446728
Because she's autoorientogynephilic. AOP as well as AGP.
>>
>>8446748
>>8446737
>>8446733
>>8446728

You can laugh and poke fun all you want. The thread asked for the opinion of others other than the "main" lgbt crowd. I only popped in here because I figured hey, why not?

But it's funny though how all of you are just petty people who asked for outsiders opinions and then throw shit when it's not "oh yes please trans, whatever you want I support you!"
>>
>>8446859
>throw shit
lmao
You don't need to be mad, girl, we are just giving our opinion, nobody even attacked you.
How sensible you are, honey
>>
>>8446859

What the fuck is this strawman?
>>
I consider transgender a form of body mod. Which is fine, it's your body, do what you want, but I don't think there's any legitimacy to the idea that you're actually the opposite sex.
>>
>>8437873
Body dysphoria is the key factor. Acting feminine will NOT give you the boobs or hips you desperately want. It will not get all of the nasty disgusting hair off your body.
>>
desu if u look like a girl ur a girl if u look like a dude ur a dude.
my thoughts on the matter anyway
>>
>>8446717
>I'm much happier being "normal".
"Normal." kek
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.