[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is informed consent worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: vitamins1.jpg (184KB, 1203x800px) Image search: [Google]
vitamins1.jpg
184KB, 1203x800px
Is informed consent worth it?
>>
>>8409338
Anyone who argues against it, including for kids, is an Uncle Hon
>>
>>8409349
Even for myself?
>>
>>8409338
No, hormones should only be given to those who are uninformed, or, who do not consent :)
>>
>>8409504
I meant against it being provided as an option.
If you feel confident you're a woman (or man) then do it, if you're confused get therapy first.
>>
>>8409533
What if I don't trust therapists/ therapy due to prior experiences with privacy issues? Is there some kind of anonymous online counseling more trustworthy than you folks telling every kid with smooth skin to chug skittles like it's Tranoween?
>>
>>8409338
It's the best way to go unless you actually want therapy. It makes no sense to force people that know what they want for sure to go through a therapist instead of making informed consent more widely spread.
>>
>>8409338
My endocrinologist informed me on the first appointment that hrt letters are an archaic practice and most endocrinologists don't require it.

I wasted 3 months getting my letter and I never needed it in the first place.
>>
>>8409338
Also, what do you mean by "worth it" anyhow? The cost of the appointment or what?
>>
>>8409690
It helps if you think of more in terms of what you want to do, not what others think you should do. Think of it on the same level as any other body modification such as piercings, tattoos, breast implants, etc.
Whether or not you're trans you can still take hormones, you don't have to be validated by other people to take them. If you yourself want to take them, if you know what they'll do, and that's what you want to happen, then just do it.

You could go to therapy and maybe they'll say you're not trans, but if you're fixated on the idea of taking hormones are you actually going to believe them?
>>
>>8409708
I mean I'm like 95% certain I'm transgender but I'm starting to wonder if it would be best to get an expert opinion first before permanently changing my body. But then I don't know how much longer that would take than just ordering off a site...
>>
>>8409734
Usually lgbt therapists have huge huge waiting lists.
I tried just going to an lgbt relationship therapist once and the waitlist was like 10 months just to get in for an initial visit.
>>
>>8409734
I feel bad giving you any advice because "experts" vary so much. You might talk to someone good, you might talk to someone who's an old fashioned gatekeeper that turns all but the most insistent away, I don't know.
But I think you can determine for yourself if you want to take hormones either way. Are you prepared for the effects, no matter what?
>>
>>8409742
What the fuck is their experience anyway? What is the requisite.
>>
>>8409754
Well they're full doctors. They can give prescriptions and such.
I was supposed to go see them about some depression/anxiety stuff and drug abuse stuff and he figured this lgbt therapist would be a good way to go.
I ended up not going though since it was such a hassle.

But yes like >>8409748 said, you're not guaranteed to get a therapist that is easy to work with. Plus some people are better at therapy than others. If you really really need that validation I guess go for it, but it'll almost certainly delay things several months at the minimum, probably longer like a year or more though.
>>
>>8409748
The only thing stopping me is I want the possibility to have biological kids but I haven't spermbanked yet. And what if several years down the line I come to the conclusion that I never truly was trans and regret chemically castrating myself? Not that that's likely but there's still the possibility of that happening

Like I said I'm nearly certain that I'm trans, cause I experience dysphoria etc., but mostly due to my anxiety I start to wonder if I'm just a super delusional AGP
>>
>>8409780
Even if you spermbank it only lasts 10 years, which isn't that long considering how much of a clusterfuck things will be if you transition. Besides surrogacies cost around $50,000 minimum assuming you had a willing volunteer to carry the baby. Usually they cost around $100,000-$200,000
You should really consider adoption as an alternative.
>>
>>8409780
Wow you're almost exactly in the same situation as me except being afraid my parents will hate me forever is also a factor
>>
>>8409780
Fucking stop with that meme. You can't get all "but I want a professional opinion" while believing outdated pseudoscience that this board revived for some damn reason on the other hand,
>>
>>8409791
Is cypro alone reversible?
>>
>>8409791
>Besides surrogacies cost around $50,000 minimum assuming you had a willing volunteer to carry the baby.
Are you for fucking real? Maybe it's not even worth saving sperm I will never be able to afford that.
>>
>>8410992
I mean, yeah...you're renting out a clean human body (the surrogates go through heavy vetting for medical conditions) to carry a baby for you that nobody needs. It's usually around 50k and sometimes that doesn't include doctor's fees amongst other things.
7 billion on this earth and growing, get a puppy instead.
Procreation for those who can't naturally have them is a privelage for the wealthy unfortunately.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.