[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans coming out thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: TheBoyWhoWouldBeQueen205.jpg (99KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
TheBoyWhoWouldBeQueen205.jpg
99KB, 720x544px
How do you come out to your family as trans?

> am very anxious socially and tend to stray away from personal topics, even to my parents
>also I'm a social retard and have no clue how to even bring it up. Should I just do HRT till my mom asks if something's up?
>dad on the other hand lives across the country from me so I haven't seen him in person for a few years, plus I haven't the slightest clue how he feels about transgender people.

What was your method of coming out?
>>
"father i am homosex"
>>
>>8409295
I would really really love to know as well. I'm struggling to come out to my mom as well. Also that episode was one of the things that made me realize I was different as a kid.
>>
I thoughtlessly blurted it out on Christmas Eve, successfully ruining Christmas for the next two years.

I'm retarded. Don't be like me.
>>
>>8409368
I mean at least you did what needed to be done
>>
File: a fucking leaf.jpg (247KB, 496x521px) Image search: [Google]
a fucking leaf.jpg
247KB, 496x521px
>>8409295
I came out in the most half hearted, obtuse ways I've heard of. I'm not sure when exactly what qualified as coming out and what didn't.

I'm surprised that it was picked up on that often. Again, I don't think I really did come out to those people who it registered with.

None of this sickness really makes all that much sense anyway. It's all just a bunch of syrupshit.
>>
>>8409295
Just don't. That's what I did.

>>8409368
How did it ruin the next two Christmases?
>>
>>8409545
My mom wasn't ok with me transitioning. She would get very upset and say she doesn't know who I am anymore, so she doesn't know what to get me for Christmas/my bday. She said she lost her child and I was a stranger to her.
>>
File: 1495240493883.jpg (75KB, 664x675px) Image search: [Google]
1495240493883.jpg
75KB, 664x675px
>>8409295
I sent a text to my mom when I was 15, saying I wasn't comfortable as a male and wanted to talk to a gender therapist. She took me to a Christian Counselor. The counselor leaked all of the private information we talked about, and gave it to my parents. Besides all that, the counselor still recommended to put me on blockers at least. My mom stopped taking me to the counselor, and here I am now self medding without my parents knowing.
>>
>>8409295
My coming out plan is I'm going to wait until someone notices my bobbers and asks me WTF.

Unfortunately, the next opportunity for that is Sunday, my birthday...and I'm supposed to be going swimming. At my father's.

...I...I think I need a drink...
>>
>>8409295
came out to my mum. Havn't seen her in a few years.
>started to text her on mothers day
>start talking about discontempt with our relationship, she wasn't there, always felt alone, ect.
>she tells me of her own issues and her therapy
>ask her how she would feel if i was gay
>"I'll love you no matter what!" she says
>ask her "what if i was a tranny?"
>she pretends to not know what that means
>tells her what it is, how i feel
>kinda wierded out, says she'll still love me
>end the conversation, say ill talk to her again eventually

not that hard op.
>>
>>8409618
Just wear shorts and a t-shirt, and have a bikini or maillot under them.
>>
>told mom at age 16
>immediately got informed consent appt
>told dad, slightly worse reaction but still ok
>slowly came out to everyone else over the year
>passing to strangers 100% of the time now

feelsgood.png
>>
File: tumblr_on1odtwttd1udfdpco2_250.png (61KB, 237x267px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on1odtwttd1udfdpco2_250.png
61KB, 237x267px
>>8409295
>Decided to get together with my mom. We hardly spend time together so she was stoked.
>I pussied out and couldn't tell her, so we decided to get together again the next week.
>At this point she realized something was up, she can read me way too well
>So we get together again the next week and talk about life.
>It's a couple hours before I need to leave.
>We're both sitting in the livingroom relaxing. Nobody else is home, which is perfect because I was scared of how her husband would react.
>I bring up my trans friend that we both know, tell her that I think I might be like him.
>Mom's already really savvy with trans stuff and what it means and whatever, so I didn't have to explain all of that to her.
>She was surprised but supportive. We talked it through and she helped me tell the rest of my family, who took it well.
>mfw I'm an idiot for keeping this a secret for so many years

In the end, everything was okay. But I understand that not everybody is so lucky to have a supportive family. See if there's a way you can gauge your family's feelings on trans issues before you come out to them, then decide if it's worth it I guess.
>>
>>8409712
>given andro name
>was gnc from birth
>mother knew I was trans
>got on hormones at 12
>lived my whole life as a girl

feels good
>>
>>8409368
I told my mom on New Year's, my family was accepting and supportive.
>>
>>8409558
>Besides all that, the counselor still recommended to put me on blockers at least.
At least he did one thing right.
>>
>>8410374
Why new years?
>>
I want to but I don't want to hurt my parents honour and they always say things like ;
>I am proud you straight
>at least you don't wear woman's clothing anon
>I hope you only wear men's clothing
>we are so glad to have a son
>we prefer to have a straight son because, we want grandchildren
Then they say things like
>if you were gay we would support you
>we love you know matter what, you know that right?
I don't have the heart to come out.
>>
>>8413574
>>at least you don't wear woman's clothing anon
>>I hope you only wear men's clothing
Why the fuck does this come up?
>>
>>8413606
When I was around 4 I said I was a girls and wore my sister's clothing I got caught and got grounded and last time they found woman's clothing in my room I was about 12 and they thought I was "experimenting" and they seemed a little mad but I feel like they kinda know but will not accept it.
>>
I stopped hiding my hormones/equipment at all while back from school for summer
my mom found the box of syringes so I guess using them for estrogen was a bit of a relief for her

she's the only one who knows in my family and she's been great...90% sure my dad will disown me and write me out of his will when he eventually finds out
>>
>>8413626
I wish I had been naive enough to do that when I was 4.
>>
>>8414127
What's your story? You wanted to but repressed from very early? What did you want pre-puberty?
>>
I came kind of out to my mom, but it didn't really work out.
>she's drunk, and things are tense in the house
>I'm a jobless neet for a month after I flunk out of college
>we have talks about life every couple of days
>one day I bring up that I think I might be trans
>she kind of gets it, she knows what trans people are, but she doesn't fully understand
>thinks that because I'm bi I'm trans, and I just want to have sex with guys
>try to explain that gender and sex are divorced
>she understands to a point, but one thing she keeps saying is "I mean I support you, and I love you, I just don't get it
>says that if I need to see a shrink we can make it happen

>next morning
>she didn't remember anything from the talk
>never says a word about any of it
>I never say anything to her, fearing what her sober reaction would be.

I'll just tell her when I grow tits, I guess.
>>
>>8414127
Same senpai
>>
>>8414315
You might as well just tell her again. If a drunk person is accepting of something like that... I don't see how she would be any less accepting sober.
>>
>>8413626
Something like that happened to me.
I was beaten to a pulp.
Ever since then I'm on repression mode.

I was 7 though. That same year my dad decided to move to the middle of bumfuck redneck nowhere which only made things worse for me since I got bullied daily at school until my last year at highschool.
>>
>>8414334
fair enough anon, but that conversation made me nearly throw up from the nervousness, and that was only a couple months ago, it isn't something I want to attempt again for at least a little bit.
>>
>>8409295
I brought my mom with me to the therapist I was seeing at the time
It didn't go well she just pretended to be accepting for my therapist and then had a total change of heart a couple days later after I came out to my dad (over the phone) he reacted negatively and my parents have just been shitty to me about trans junk ever since...

At least they didn't disown me I guess :/
>>
>>8414361
Anon, drunk people remember everything.
I'm so sorry, but she knows.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.