[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is trans community opinion about genderfluids? Are they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Cover2.jpg (325KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cover2.jpg
325KB, 500x500px
What is trans community opinion about genderfluids? Are they real, or just Tumblr bullshit? I am a lesbian and my new gf says she's genderfluid. I told her i didn't really cared as long as she loved me, but she's kinda young and i don't really know what to think. Would you guys help me out here, please?
>>
>>8398749
Personally not convinced it's a thing. I believe people can feel male, female or neither/mix of the two and I don't believe this can change regularly.
I've also really only seen young afabs and a few amabs claim to be genderfluid/ genderqueer which makes me question it more.

Obviously though it shouldn't really matter what we think on here though. If you two love each other and shit it doesn't have to be a big deal. If she isn't getting too involved in the types of communities that push this stuff and is young like you say she will probably grow out of it anyway
>>
>>8398890
Care to explain what are afabs and amabs? Kinda new here, sorry
>>
>>8398749
Its a low-intensity autoandrophilia thing. It basically means the same as "transvestite".
>>
>>8398946
To clarify: this means she gets off to fantasies about being a guy. If those fantasies are sufficiently high-intensity, it can lead to gender dysphoria and eventually transition.
>>
>>8398920
Assigned female at birth
Assigned male at birth

It's just a PC way of saying biological males and females.
>>
>>8398749
I think it's real in the sense that people who label themselves this way experience what they claim to, but the definition is so vague it seems to fit multiple slightly different things under the same label

Most genderfluids easily fall into the oldschool definition of double role transvestites or AGP/AAP transsexuals, that said there are cases who I think have their own separate issue and need a better label
It seems the whole origin of the term was the fact that double role transvestism wasn't ever considered a female thing (and got eventually kinda forgotten and in) so female crossdressers with similar experiences didn't have a frame of reference and had to reinvent the wheel basically
I do like the term genderfluid much more though, it carries the meaning better (that it's about the whole experience of gender rather than looks) and focuses more on internal symptoms rather than behavior (which you can choose to engage in or not)
If you want to learn about your gf you need to ask her what exactly she experiences
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.