[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sexism hurts LGBT people differently. Gays and lesbians might

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: sexism.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sexism.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
Sexism hurts LGBT people differently. Gays and lesbians might not experience it in relationships like straight people can and trans people might notice sexism more because they object to being lumped with their natal sex in ways cis people don't care about.

What are your experience of sexism as as LGBT person?
>>
There was a bi guy just posting about how he got three months in jail for calling the police after his wife punched him.
>>
>>8397440
>Sexism hurts LGBT people differently.
No it doesn't.
Any difference would be because of homophobia/biphobia/transphobia.
You can't just superimpose sexism on other forms of discrimination.

It just doesn't work like that.
>>
I honestly never feel like I am getting sexism except on the internet. Mostly I stick to myself, I am a housegirlfriend all day. Idgaf about sexism in relationships. Like who cares. (Bisexual female)
>>
Is it sexist to not want to talk to females?
I connect with men way better than I connect with women so I've never had many female friends, and I don't honestly want to even try
>>
File: 4f9.jpg (28KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
4f9.jpg
28KB, 600x494px
>>8397440
people are almost always only sexist on the internet, the only kind of sad faggot that does shit like that probably doesnt go outside

[spoiler]or just doesnt say it[/spoiler]
>>
>>8398871
There are massive sexist differences in how boys and girls are treated in schools.
>>
As a lesbian I think I'm either more sensitive to sexism than straight women... or more sexist myself.
When men say derogatory things or hit on women, straight women can SOMETIMES be charmed by it. Not me, I'm annoyed and disgusted. Whether it's because that stuff is sexist or I just have a low tolerance for men.
>>
Whining about sexism is the hip new way to pretend to be an activist, while making the world a worse place by displacing more worthwhile causes.
>>
>>8398917
>more worthwhile causes
Such as?
>>
>What are your experience of sexism as as LGBT person?

As a trans millenial woman, I am constantly harrased by self righteous SJW lefties screeching at the top of their lungs about innocuous bullshit they think is oppressive.

I just assume they're on their periods.
>>
>>8398985

Should clarify - I am constantly harrased by *having to be around* screeching SJW lefties

I don't get accused of it myself, I just have to watch innocent men get crucified day in and day out
>>
>>8398995
Why do you have to be around them? College?
>>
>>8399029

I live in a college town (graduated 2 years ago myself), and if you want friends in your own age group (early 20s) you better either be a screechy SJW or able to bite your tongue about social values, politics, economics, sexuality, religion, really any non-sjw topics.
>>
>>8398572
but homophobia and transphobia can't exist without sexism. If you don't see the difference between men and women, you can't hate people because they turned from human to human, or because they love humans instead of humans.
>>
>>8397440
I don't consider myself as man nor woman, but people keep saying I am man, whatever it means.
Pansexual th0, and transgender from some definitions of the word.
>>
>>8400942
See now you're doing it again.
>>
>>8398572
OP even preempted this in the OP.

It's sexist to segregate the genders. But cis people might be hurt less by that than trans people.
>>
>>8398906
I always think it is funny when lesbians claim to be big defenders of violence against women, when lesbians are the most abusive to their female partners (especially if the partner is bi)
>>
>>8403914
>OP even preempted this in the OP.
No he didn't.
Sexism is sexism regardless of who suffers from it.
Sexism doesn't magically have a different definition when the victim is lgbt, or black, or from a different socioeconomic background.
OP is just trying to superimpose the definition of sexism to encompass homophobia/biphobia/transphobia for whatever nefarious agenda he follows.
>>
Homophobia is just another form of sexism. Men are largely seen a tools for society. Whether it is using our blood for protection or our sweat to build the nation, men's bodies exist to serve society and protect women. As gay men we are seen as defective tools. And unfortunately there exists no place in the tool shed for a defective tool.

Its sad because sexism allows violence to be normalized and accepted when it is against male bodies so it is so much easier for society to let gay men die.
>>
File: 44e.jpg (43KB, 354x460px) Image search: [Google]
44e.jpg
43KB, 354x460px
>>8407575
>Homophobia is just another form of sexism.
get out with your postmodernist nonsense you ignorant fuck.
>>
>>8407590
Homophobia is clearly another form of sexism. Why do you think it effects men so much worst than it effects women, just like sexism? Homophobia is based on sexist views of what men should be and when they are not, there bodies are quickly discarded.

Consider how lesbians are LGBT easy mode because being a cis female is life easy mode.
>>
>>8397440
>trans people might notice sexism more because they object to being lumped with their natal sex in ways cis people don't care about.

...... So this is basically yet another trans thread. Wow you trannies are so manipulative.
>>
>>8407599
>Homophobia is clearly another form of sexism.
Stop superimposing sexism onto everything, you postmodernist fraud.
>>
>>8397440
Only ugly losers wallow in their own alleged oppression. Stop thinking you're a victim all the damn time, for goodness sake.
>>
>>8398941
False rape accusation survivors
>>
>>8397440
sexism is like "HURR DURR, men need to get a job, women need to stay at the kitchen, men are tough, women are weak, men are smart, women are dumb, gay men are like women, lesbians are like men, HERP DERP", you can't assume people based on their sex or gender, and sexual orientation, it is all fallacies.
>>
>>8397440
Sounds like another protect the womyns from micro aggressions fuck off you entitled cunting women fucking retards.
>>
>>8410007
???
>>
>>8398540
Reason #124565420000 of why women are the biggest blue pill.
>>
>>8409963
You just assumed all of them in your examples.
>>
>>8407575
Gay men not needing to be subservient to women is the reason for homophobia, not sexism
>>
>>8413693
>tfw bi
>tfw more and more just want to be with guys
>tfw still find women more attractive
>>
>>8416547
>literally me
wtf I hate women now
>>
>>8400955
>BUT YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME YOU GUYS!
>>
>>8407568
so transsexual wouldn't experience sexism different by definition when experiencing sexism as their born gender or their identified gender?
Not the same anon
>>
>>8418253
>I DON'T KNOW WHAT WORDS MEAN SO PLEASE BUY MY ACTIVIST BULLSHIT

>>8419139
>so transsexual wouldn't experience sexism different by definition when experiencing sexism as their born gender or their identified gender?
That would just be the difference between male sexism and female sexism, not between lgbt people experiencing sexism and cishet people experiencing sexism.

A lesbian being fired for being lesbian is experiencing homophobia.
A lesbian being fired for being a women is experiencing sexism.
See the difference?
Cats and dogs are both animals, but cats are not dogs.

OP wants us to believe sexism is some sort of all encompassing form of discrimination when it's not. That having your skull bashed in for being gay, isn't actually homophobia. That being murdered for being transgender isn't actually transphobia. OP is downplaying the discrimination lgbt face, if not outright erasing it.
Do not fall for this "intersectionality" meme and its toxic rhetoric.
>>
>>8398941
Economic equality. Gender, race, and sexual orientation have totally replaced social class as the dominant issues of the so-called left.
>>
>>8420167
>A lesbian being fired for being lesbian is experiencing homophobia.
>A lesbian being fired for being a women is experiencing sexism.
So when gay men get rounded up and murdered or put in concentration camps?
>>
>>8420207
waaaaaaaaahhh they're not commie enuff for me too much racial shit and weird trannies why isn't it SMASH CAPITULISM PRAISE LENIN 24/7

t. /leftypol/ "I hate identity politics"
>>
>>8397440

my experience of sexism centers around the fact that as a gay man i don't have the same federal protection in the workplace as women and niggers do, yet am expected to advocate for them over myself
>>
>>8423727
Specific examples?
>>
>>8423757
r/MR
>>
>>8427588
What?
>>
>>8423700
Depends on why.
>>
>>8430207
For being a gay man...
>>
>>8397440
No.
>>
>>8398906
Its because you're repressing your instinctual desire for dick so hard that normal human flirtation seems alien to you
>>
>>8397440
MtF, I have always had groups of female friends who I get along well with. They knew I was bi and I acted quite feminine, but this was before I knew trans was a thing.

The thing that got me was that it seems CIS lesbian women really like to host events or create university societies where its "women only". On several occasions my friends wanted to go to these events and be part of these groups but the hosts would outright refuse me so they felt they couldn't because they would be excluding me. I'd insist they go of course, but then I'd sit at home seething about how women are bitches and hating myself for being jealous of them.

Can we all just agree that CIS lesbian women are manipulative, sexist, hateful, segregationist whores?

This isn't a problem with bi, straight and trans girls!
>>
>>8438528
Did you complain about the transphobia to the university or SU?
>>
>>8438587
feminists > trannies
>>
>>8438587
No. reporting sexism is a TRIGGER. hurts their feelings.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.