[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will gay/pol/ wake up and smell the betrayal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: PicsArt_06-04-06.10.04.jpg (79KB, 634x642px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_06-04-06.10.04.jpg
79KB, 634x642px
>>
>>8387933
I've already smelled the betrayal:
>didn't lock Her up
>didn't ban Muslims
>isn't building a Wall
>Mexico isn't paying for it
etc etc etc
>>
File: Osama bin Laden article 1993.jpg (554KB, 2151x1606px) Image search: [Google]
Osama bin Laden article 1993.jpg
554KB, 2151x1606px
>>8387933
>unironically supporting ANY American president
I'm glad Trump won instead of Clinton, because Trumps seems to be the lesser evil between those two, but Trump is still a part of the problem nonetheless. The USA is the source of the Islamist terror becoming so aggressive all over the world. It began with the American money and weapons for 'mujahideen' in 1980s Afghanistan. Pic very related.
>>
>>8387979
Yeah, it turns out he didn't actually know how to keep many of the promised he made
>>
>>8387996
>cuckservative didn't keep his promises
>h-he just d-didn't know how!
Whatever help you sleep in this unsafe Muslim and Mexican filled country at night.
>>
>>8387983
Reminds me of a quote I heard the other day: "We have no more enemies anymore, so we invent them"
>>
File: 49525093.cached.jpg (13KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
49525093.cached.jpg
13KB, 300x199px
I wish I could arrest everyone in this thread for treason. Someday, Trump will get fed up with literally every single level of every government in this country and across the world blocking every minor move he even considers making, and there will be a reckoning. I just hope it doesn't stop with bureaucrat slime and treasonous judges, and we also get to round up people like OP who defame Trump.
>>
File: 1421290768365.png (198KB, 379x379px) Image search: [Google]
1421290768365.png
198KB, 379x379px
>>8388012
Hopefully these are the last years of the American "new world order".

>>8388030
Hahahahaha, you poor fool.
>>
>>8387933
lmao log cabin republicans are a disgrace. trump might not be the end of the world but many of the previous republicans they supported were
>>
>>8388005
You're discounting the things he just immediately changed his mind about on a whim, like prosecuting Hillary or declaring China a currency manipulator.
Never mind the fact that he claimed to be great at persuading and influencing people to do what he wanted them to. Why is he having so much trouble doing that now?
>>
>>8388048

Are you sure you're responding to the right person?
>>
>>8388030
Trump was the last nail in the coffin for any dreams America had of still being a super power. I don't think there will be any reckoning, he couldn't even shut down an air base for more than a few hours.
>>
>>8387933
>republicans help repeal rights for gays on state level
>but Trump is waving a rainbow flag! we're more accepting now!
>democrats help repeal rights for gays on the federal level
>but Clinton sold rainbow stickers with her campaign logo on it! we're more accepting now!
Can someone explain to me what's taking so long for the US to swap out one of the major parties? You've done it a few times before, why not just do it again and get a left leaning party that actually helps the LGBT community instead of just tweeting that they will?
>>
>>8388240

You'd either have to have huge portions of society organize a spontaneous new political party with crowdfunding, no big-bank sponsors, and with such huge groundswell it can get on all 50 ballots, and overcome first-past-the-post.

Or, have a bunch of the same politicians the 3rd party would be created to get rid of split off into a new party, that also lacks serious funding, ballot access, first-past-the-post likelihood, but now also endangers the hard-won careers of its founders.

And then on top of all that you have to convince everyone the new party candidate is sooooo good, they are worth the risk that The Big Bad Evil Guy from the Other Party will win because you switched your vote (which ties into the first past the post problem)

3rd party politics is a bitch, I was in the Libertarian Party for a few years during college and we spent half the time just trying to make sure we were even on the ballot.
>>
>>8388264
Half the US didn't vote. Instead of trying to win over the people who believe a political wizard put a magical seal around the white house that prevents any non democrat or republican from entering, why not win over the other 50ish percent? Why not, over the course of a decade or two, help a third party gain enough power on the state level instead of trying to go right to the presidency while the two current major parties still control the states?
>>
>>8388030
>criticism of the president constitutes treason

Fuck off to North Korea.
>>
>>8388304

2nd question first: No one pays attention to state politics. And why should we? I don't. Nothing has ever happened at the state level that seriously affects me. My state taxes are reasonable, police are generally well funded, and the roads are well maintained. Federally, however, that shit hits me every day, so I vote and care about federal politics. So even if you did get a 3rd party a foothold in state politics, it still does nothing of note and no one will care.

Your first question: In my personal experience, people don't become interested in politics and vote because you won them over to your party's program, you win them over to your party after they're already politically active and aware. And if you do manage to get them active and aware they're going to realize they stand to gain nothing and go nowhere supporting a 3rd party, except risking the Big Bad Evil Guy winning instead of the Smaller Bad Evil Guy. But stepping away from anecdotes, it's just really really hard to get people interested in politics. The entire US school system spends 12 years trying to foster an interest in it, college campuses are swimming in it, yet that still doesn't hold. An activist for a party you've never heard of is not likely to be more successful.
>>
>>8388304
>Why not, over the course of a decade or two, help a third party gain enough power on the state level instead of trying to go right to the presidency while the two current major parties still control the states?

They've done that. There was a huge push for libertarians to move to a specific state (Maine or New Hampshire I think it was) so that they could eventually control a state. It worked kinda, there is a large libertarian base there now and several state laws reflect that, but they still get overpowered by D/R every major election.
>>
>>8388334
>And why should we?
Abolitionism of slavery and gay marriage started on the state level. Workplace protections for LGBT and $15 minimum wage are currently progressing only on the state level. The state level is where all the movements start and once they get big enough the federal government takes notice and tries to win us over by pretending they actually care about those issues and side with the majority.
>>
>>8388369

>Workplace protections for LGBT and $15 minimum wage are currently progressing only on the state level.
>where all the movements start

The only people who care about those kinds of issues are the ones affected by them. I don't care about the minimum wage movement, except that I think economics is a stupid thing to have a social movement over (but let's not get sidetracked). Taxes, national defense, foreign policy, etc, all of those affect all of us, but the alphabet soup of stupid social movements these days is white noise to most people. So you can get enough activists riled up over long enough to pressure state governments into caving to your demands, but that is not a solid base to build a party with real politcal capital and staying power that can garner the support of 50%+1 of the population.
>>
>>8388402
>The only people who care about those kinds of issues are the ones affected by them.
The idea of being patient and starting on the state level isn't a good one because you, personally, have a good paying job and a boss who won't fire you for being gay or trans?
>>
I don't know why people expected anything else desu fampai
The Donnie is a person who surrounds himself only with other ultra-rich people
If you're ultra rich and only care about making as much money as possible then cutting off trade with mexico and china is a pretty bad business move
Likewise, if you ban all muslims from the country, then people have no reason to be scared of terrorists anymore, and if people aren't scared of terrorists, then there is no reason for our huge military to exist. If you are super rich and are invested in the military industrial complex, then that is also a very dumb move
Did you really think all these one percenters would really just let Donald walk into the WH and do as he pleases?
If anything, this election just proved to everyone how easy right wingers are to manipulate
>>
>>8388402
Shouting memes and getting people riled up about fictional enemies at the gate is good enough though.
>>
>>8388369
>implying gay marriage was a good thing
>>
>>8388412
Exactly and when the company folds from a change in the market anon will then become interested.
>>
>>8388412

Not quite what I'm saying. I'm saying that since most people don't care about social movements that don't affect them, you can't use those movements to build a party that can win over most people.
>>
>>8388423
>implying most marriages are a good thing these days
I can see the benefit in hospital visits but that's about it.
>>
>>8387933

Did even Log Cabiners support him?
Afaik they have always been more fiscally conservative and seldom eager to support someone who throws them under the bus - the Pence nomination and continued pursuit of the bathroom bullshit would seem like things that'd turn them off. But then I guess he had some other qualities - at least he wasn't Ted Cruz.
>>
Trump isn't an actual enemy to gay rights, people just want to invent enemies because they can't stand the thought of not fighting over rights because they've been doing it for so long and they like it. They're like a dog that caught the cars bumper.

Trump is just a fucking moron and a typical Republican.
>>
>>8387933
>making this your one issue
>in 2017 summer of terror part 2: vanlectric boogaloo
>>
>>8389138
I find it odd you call him a typical Republican when he supported Democrats in the past. He just decided to run because the last retarded president who didn't act on Radical Islamic Terrorism and was afraid to call ISIS by it's proper name because he was a big pussy. Obama also wasn't for gay marriage when he started running and there's proof of that. He said marriage was only between a man and a woman. While Trump always supported Gay marriage and there's proof of that from a magazine interview article.
>>
File: oBAMA GARB.jpg (8KB, 284x200px) Image search: [Google]
oBAMA GARB.jpg
8KB, 284x200px
>>8389437
You forgot to mention that the /pol/ meme stuff he's been spouting is a very recent event. He's been in the public eye for three decades and has always acted like a typical New York liberal. It wasn't until Obama first ran for president did Trump show any signs of being right wing or a bigot and it was just the birther and "Obama is a muslim" crap. Hillary Clinton wasn't a birther but she did also help spread the muslim rumor (pic related was what she would use as proof) so he was just slightly more /pol/ than Clinton which isn't much. Who knows if Trump had a true change of heart and quickly switched political sides or is just a Bill Maher type Democrat who feels Islamic extremism is a threat that needs to be dealt with and knew he couldn't win as a single issue candidate so he lurked /pol/ for memes?
>>
File: notdead.gif (3MB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
notdead.gif
3MB, 350x200px
>>8387979
>implemented a muslim ban that got blocked by 9th circle but is in the process of being put in place again
>plans for wall were already confirmed as a fence+concrete structure and is still on the path to being made
>money being shipped back to mexico is being confiscated by ICE, not to mention if we cut off all aid to Mexico we'd afford it immediately
>he decided to tackle Obama's cabinet as a whole for their domestic spying instead of just Hillary

Is this the most bluepilled board on the site?
>>
>>8389815
Probably, normally I just ignore those threads because I know it's just shitposting even if they don't realize it.

Nice to see a sane person in here though.
>>
>>8389437
>>8389763
Whether Obama was truly supportive of LGBT or not is irrelevant. Much of his voter base was, and so he enacted pro-LGBT policies and appointed pro-LGBT politicians.

Whether Trump loves gays or not is irrelevant. Much of his voter base doesn't, and not only that but Trump actually has the very real possibility of impeachment if he ever pisses off the Republicans too much, so he tries to appeal to them, even if indirectly.

A huge part of his campaign goal was reverting much of what Obama's administration did, so that improves much of the progress on LGBT rights. Federal anti-bullying policies to protect LGBT students and the ability of transpeople to easily change the sex on their passport are two that I know of. And he's appointing anti-LGBT people to positions of power and prestige, whether intentionally or not.

Now I don't think Trump is some rabid anti-LGBT person, I really don't think he cares much either way, but the fact is he's not a good president for us when it comes to LGBT.

Whether Hillary would be worse is irrelevant, the point is that the Trump administration is far from good for us.
>>
>>8389815
(You)
>>
>>8389915
All the more reason to work at the state level. The average Joe has no power in the federal government, it costs way too much to lobby them. We have so much power over the states and for some reason we keep forgetting about it. If Trump is apathetic to LGBT issues then we can enact workplace protections in as many states as we can until the next presidential race where hopefully the DNC will not nominate their most hated candidate. People in the US need to stop acting as if the state government does not matter, get off their asses, head to the voting booth and vote based on the issues rather than just what party the candidate is in. Vermont decided to vote for an independent instead of a Democrat because he leaned more to the left and nothing bad happened. We can't keep letting the Democrats scare us into voting for them based on the myth of "it's us or the republicans" which is only true on the federal level, for now.
>>
>>8388240
>party that actually helps the LGBT community instead of just tweeting that they will?
Because that requires people to actually like us, which they don't.

We're only "tolerated" by the liberals because it upsets conservatives.

It's the "liberal daughter brings back a black boyfriend because it upsets her conservative dad which is why she hooked up with him in the first place, not because she cares about him or his wellbeing" thing all over again except it's with letters instead of colors.
>>
>>8388334
>The entire US school system spends 12 years trying to foster an interest in it, college campuses are swimming in it,

I went through that system and went to college too. I never experienced anything like that... they told us about history, which included some US politics, but nobody connected with any school ever tried to convince me to actually get involved, that I can recall.

I mean I vote anyway (albeit only in the big elections) but yeah nobody ever cared to seriously try to get me to do so.
>>
>>8389815
Faggots and trannies can only think about themselves so they naturally go for the party that panders to them. Use of royal "we" and "us" is common to these cretins, they desperately, desperately want to be "the voice of the collective".

And that's how you know where their loyalties lie.
>>
>>8391876
It benefits them more to keep people out of the voting booth. The end game of any government is an anti-democracy, pro-totalitarian population who believe slavery keeps them safe from whatever terrorist group they're supposed to be afraid of for the year. We can either sit back and let this happen or we can get involved on all levels, big or small, and raise the next generation to care more. If we make sure each generation is better than the last then eventually we'll end up in a Star Trek like anarchic system. Then our only concern is the growing imperialistic movement inside the Starfleet and the Federation
>>
>>8389815
>implemented a muslim ban
Wrong, it was never a Muslim ban.

>not to mention if we cut off all aid to Mexico we'd afford it immediately
"if we did something Trump isn't doing" = Trump is cucking us.

>instead of just Hillary
Nah, he let her off and he's going to let the rest off too.

He's a cuck and a traitor and so are all his apologists.

If you hate the country so much why not just vote Democrat in the first place?
>>
>>8391964
>Faggots and trannies can only think about themselves so they naturally go for the party that panders to them.
Unlike say everyone else in the world?
>>
File: tramp.piss.gif (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
tramp.piss.gif
2MB, 480x480px
>>8387933
Trump, the mad bull elephant of the Republican herd, majestically swinging his trunk against everything breakable in the political china shop while trumpeting “Covfefe! Covfefe!” That fantasy will eventually fade as the inability to get anything done in Washington becomes manifest and obvious. When the “basket of deplorables” sees their hopes dribble away, they will start in with serious mischief of their own, without Trump having to prompt them. Then it will be a quixotic battle between them and the BLM / SJW proxies that the higher-up chickenshits of DemProgdom have so carefully groomed as their vanguard. There will be blood.

Yes, America has lost its mind. The whole thing has turned into some kind of nonstop Kardashian tranny monster truck shit-show of manufactured melodrama and lost causes, inducing a kind of global nausea that may ultimately prove more fatal than the rising surface temperature and melting icecaps. Russia, to its credit, and whatever else you think about it, has some regard for its own survival. Our country prefers the excitement of self-destruction.
>>
>>8392232
I love how the knee-jerk reaction from the cretin is to simply accuse everyone else of committing the same sin.

After all, in a world full of axe-murderers, being an axe-murderer must be okey dokey!

In reality petty entitlements pandering and ident politics are twin serpents destroying the discourse in this nation one stage at a time.
>>
>>8392247
Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
>>
File: hotslutofmay2017-500x598.jpg (51KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
hotslutofmay2017-500x598.jpg
51KB, 500x598px
>>8392243
Except that Russia benefits from global warming.
Putin himself complained last week about the freezing temperatures in Moscow and implied that Trump's decision to ignore the Paris accords was a good thing.
>>
>>8387996
Yeah, turns out he was just campaigning like every other president.
>>
>>8392243
Funny how for libcucks on the primaries Trump wasn't a true conservative but after he's a stereotypical one.
>>
File: polgb10.jpg (531KB, 2313x1739px) Image search: [Google]
polgb10.jpg
531KB, 2313x1739px
Join the OFFICIAL /polgb/ Discord;

https://discord dot gg/nR4hJZ4
>>
>>8395225
>everyone in a group must think exactly the same in every respect
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.