[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the nonbinary meme finally on its way to dying? I see less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: vesPa.jpg (491KB, 1080x1080px)
vesPa.jpg
491KB, 1080x1080px
Is the nonbinary meme finally on its way to dying? I see less and less people on the internet these days listing 6+ genders on their profile or opening conversations with "MUH PRONOUNS ARE [x], [y] AND [y]". Bitching about the evil binary used to be so prevalent, but I only come across them now if I actively search for related terms

Did most of them just move on to some new fad?
>>
How can the binary, or non-binary people be real, when gender isn't real?
>>
>>8384715
You must not visit Tumblr often.
>>
>>8386100
do you?
>>
>>8386117
Yes. There's a whole blogs dedicated to non binary pride and support.
>>
sorry to disappoint but no i'm still here
>>
>>8384715
Nobody really did that in the first place. It was just like other imagined and exaggerated problems that weren't really problems.

I think of these things as entertainment for you guys like other conspiracy theories and day time soap operas.
>>
>>8388863
But there really are people who expect you to seriously respect their identity as a "nonbinary transmasculine asexual demiromantic". You can't pretend the problem of special snowflake syndrome does not exist. It's mostly just white college chicks but it is still a very real thing.
>>
>>8388674
Of course there is. There a blog dedicated to everything. It's still declining tho.
>>
>>8388870
There are more people that complain about it all the time. There's now an industry in producing entertainment for this market of overreaction fans.

People make a living getting you guys all riled up about what some 13 year old blogger on tumblr once said. Then the rest of us have to deal with the fallout of you guys ranting and raving about it for the next few years. That's the real fad here, the real snowflakes.
>>
>>8389031
Reactionary movements happen for a reason, Anon. Like I said we're technically talking about adults even if they behave like 13 year old's.
>>
It's dying in a specific internet subculture, it's alive and well elsewhere. The concept is in the long term dead though because it's just too obviously retarded.

People are starting to retreat to the "gender spectrum" rather than muh gorillian genders though. Scope creep destroyed the concept that we should recognise subjectively determined genders regardless of if science recognised them because there is no logical point at which you can go "Ok, recognizing these 47 genders makes sense, but this 48th gender is just silly" and thus the scope of the genders covered just grows indefinitely until the concept becomes a parody of itself. The concept was taken seriously when the list of genders was short but people didn't realise the inevitable problem of scope creep would destroy the concept.

The "gender spectrum" at the very least has hard limits, sex/gender/expression/orientation basically result in the same amount of combination as Myer-briggs types but within these combinations you can still have a fairly insane amount of nuance, so it's less prone to devolving into self-parody, allows people to feel like special snowflakes, and people don't mind the lack of actual scientific backing.
>>
>>8389077
It happens because some people are neurologically predisposed to certain types of responses and fear mongering. Other people exploit those predispositions and cash in while keeping their audience entertained. Adults doing what they want is even less of a problem than the teenagers trying to redefine themselves as teenagers always do.

It's all part of the entertainment business.
>>
>>8388863
>Nobody really did that in the first place. It was just like other imagined and exaggerated problems that weren't really problems.
>Imagined problem
>Written into law in NY state which recognizes 31 genders

Woah you convinced me, the concept is just so retarded I should just ignore that it's being written into law and taken seriously by people with power because worrying about it is just like worrying about conspiracy therories.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.