[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BDD or trans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (42KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 500x411px
I'm sorry about necroing >>8372404 but that post was relevant to my problems and I need help

I don't know if I just have BDD that's making me mistakenly think I'm trans or if I'm trans

I take AAs because regardless I don't want my body getting worse but I don't know what to do

I'm probably just going to crack when this becomes unsustainable and die
>>
>>8381486
I wonder how many people with the so called "BDD" are actually repressing transgender
>>
File: image.png (222KB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
222KB, 2208x1242px
>>8381486
And in case the thread >>8372404 is lost, this is what was in question
Thank you
>>
please, any help anyone? I'm probably going to break.
>>
Are you you rv-chan
>>
>>8382658
...yes
>>
BDD is similar to OCD. Your brain picks a flaw or twenty and you worry about it constantly. It's like having a second train of thought full of insults, fear and mockery, and it lasts for hours at a time.

Most people develop self soothing rituals, like fretting over a mirror for hours or refusing to leave your home. "The Broken Mirror" is an excellent introduction to the disorder.

T. Recovering BDDfag
>>
>>8382888
Twenty, it's closer to twenty. My body used to be much better so they're real problems.
>>
>>8382892
The flaw can be real, but BDD magnifies its severity and importance in your mind. Self portraits from BDD patients reflect this, such as a man with no face but a massive and porous nose.
>>
>>8382958
>a man with no face but a massive and porous nose.
that feels familiar
>>
>>8382967
I highly suggest getting a copy of "Feeling Good About The Way You Look" (Sabine). It's basically a cognitive behavioral therapy workbook, it helps a lot even if you don't have "full blown" BDD or gender dysphoria.
It might be hard, it might take a while, but it can get better. <3
>>
>>8383016
My body was much better in the past and it will only get worse with time.
This means I'll never be happy. Even if I made it better it would quickly deteriorate again. It's an unwinnable game. I can't ignore the fact I'm practically gangrenous.
>>
>>8383053
When I say that dysmorphia distorts the importance of a flaw, I don't just mean the physical size of it. It feels like the flaw consumes your entire being - like nothing about you matters except for your appearance, and you look "wrong/bad," therefore you'll never succeed.
A lot of people take it further and project that distortion on other people, imagining that people are staring/distracted by the flaw during conversation or that they'll be passed up for a job because it's so terrible to see.
>>
>>8383053
just wait til you get old, sweetie.
we all have one foot in the grave.
>>
>>8383151
It's not to the point where I'm full on delusional. But I hate my body. If I look at a mirror I get swallowed up by everything I hate. I'll always be in discomfort.
>>8383249
I'm afraid of that. I'd thought of just killing myself in a nice way once that is a problems.

And I have crazy habits such as weird starvation bouts or burning my skin or simply very high steroid levels from constantly being on the verge of tears, so I'm sure my body is going to age prematurely.

I've tried adding metformin and other life extension drugs to counter that but at best it will only delay a little.

I need to figure out what will happen because at this rate my body will rot before I ever reach happiness it was not meant to function like this. I seem to have gotten a prolactinoma from the Cypro
>>
Why are you not seeing a shrink about this?
>>
>>8381486
sorry for yelling at you last night
you'd gone really terf and you weren't listening to anything i had to say, it was the only thing i could think of that would get you to understand that (in the words of mtsw) you'd practically been posesssed by a nazi ghost
>>8385185
she thinks shrinks would try to brainwash her to make her think her body is okay
>>8383311
>It's not to the point where I'm full on delusional
but it is
you look literally nothing like how you see yourself
every single thing you say about yourself reveals this
>>
>>8385199
>she thinks shrinks would try to brainwash her to make her think her body is okay
Why does anyone bother replying to him at this point? It's like talking to a brick wall every fucking time.
>>
>>8385199
>you'd gone really terf
How so?
>>
>>8385425
>It's like talking to a brick wall every fucking time
it is, which was the cause of the recent yelling
>>8385471
the whole 'trans women are men and are violent rapists invading women's spaces and gender doesn't exist' thing
>>
>>8385495
>>8385199
Why are you giving out all the details?
>>
>>8385669
so readers without context can understand the necessary backstory
'all the details' would be much more in-depth than this and unnecessary
>>
>>8385676
Why do you want them to know? And what's the point when you went along with the mtfs are biological men idea.
And even your hero blanchard says all the time on Twitter that mtfs are mentally ill men that can maybe be humored
This should be normal to you.
>>
>>8385698
>And what's the point when you went along with the mtfs are biological men idea.
He didn't, though. He literally wrote "you're not biologically a man because hormones actually mean something".
>>
Too bad it's too late to delete this thread. Saying everything here was a "fantastic" idea
>>
>>8385698
>And what's the point when you went along with the mtfs are biological men idea
NO I DIDN'T I FUCKING TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE WRONG AND YOUR TERF BULLSHIT IS BULLSHIT AND I OUTLINED A RIDICULOUS HYPOTHETICAL TO YOU SO YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS THE ONLY LOGICAL CONCLUSION OF YOUR TERF BULLSHIT BUT YOU FUCKING ACCEPTED IT BECAUSE YOU'RE A TERRIBLE PERSON WHO FELL FOR THEIR MEMES AND EVERYTHING YOU DO IS A CONCENTRATED EFFORT TO HURT ME AND MAKE ME LOOK BAD IN FRONT OF ALL OF THEM AND YOU'VE INTENTIONALLY CONSTRUCTED ALL OF YOURSELF TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN'T BE SAVED SO ALL I CAN EVER DO IS FAIL SO YOU CAN LAUGH AT ME BEHIND YOUR BACK WITH CARA I BET THEY WERE RIGHT WHEN THEY SAID SHE WAS MAKING UP BEING SCHIZOPHRENIC BUT THEY WERE WRONG WHEN THEY SAID IT WAS TO GET MONEY OR SOMETHING, IT WAS TO HURT ME IT WAS TO HURT ME YOU'RE WORKING TOGETHER MAKING A SYSTEMATIC EFFORT TO RUIN MY LIFE SO YOU CAN MAKE FUN OF ME AND HURT ME AND RUIN ME
I SPENT SO MUCH TIME TRYING TO EPXLAIN TO YOU THAT YOU WRERE WRONG AND THAT I DIDN'T AGREE WITH YOU BUT YOU WENT FOR THE MOST RIDICULOUS EVIL INTERPRETATION BECAUSE YOU'RE A BAD PERSON AND YOU WANT TO HURT ME
>>
huh all the people saying they have to accept their BDD and I just threw money at it and got FFS. Lost like 65% of the BDD symptoms.

Not curer but I can leave house feeling fairly confident... expect maybe I have a mirror in front of me all the damn time - even at work.
>>
>>8385907
There's a difference between BDD and gender dysphoria.
>>
>>8385851
Testosterone is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>8385851
Are you okay? This post makes my head spin
>>
>>8386023
desu this kind of thing happened a lot more often when i was pre-t
my anger issues were a lot worse back then
>>8386031
i just occasionally get really pissed off at people and rv-chan has been triggering that a lot lately because trying to argue with her is shit, especially because there are a lot of things she does that i can only explain as 'actively trying to hurt me for bad-person reasons'
unless she's genuinely too stupid to realize what she's doing, which doesn't seem likely because of all her chem knowledge
>>
>>8382888
how did you recover
>>
File: capybara.jpg (439KB, 1200x792px) Image search: [Google]
capybara.jpg
439KB, 1200x792px
>>8386115
Here's a picture of capybara to cheer you up. Capybara is everyone's friend.
>>
>>8386131
why are you taking their side?
>>
>>8386125
>>8382888
Also know if there are any places specifically for bdd discussion after bdd central got shutdown? I was looking for a place to shitpost and can't find shit
>>
>>8385851
I don't want to hurt you. Why don't you understand?
>>
>>8386195
because the only explanation for large chunks of your behaviour that makes any sense is a concentrated harm effort
someone who wasn't trying to do so wouldn't do something like force me to repeat the same long explanation several times for something while screaming that it's wrong, that i'm worthless, and that i'm saying the exact opposite of what i'm actually saying, especially not while saying that i'm actually saying something evil and unforgivable
in reality, the evil unforgivable thing was all on you
>>
>>8386211
I don't want to hurt you. There are unwinable situations where anything you do will just create new problems
Why is it on the level of evil and unforgivable?
>>
>>8386232
>Why is it on the level of evil and unforgivable?
because you believe that trans women are evil rapist men invading female spaces, which is a completely illogical belief with no connection to reality that's only used to justify terrible things (including the very gatekeeping that destroys you)
and when i tried to explain that the only reasonable conclusion of your belief is that *all* trans women fit that criteria, including whatever exceptions you want to make, you started screaming that i said trans women are men and continued screaming louder when i explained that wasn't what i said at all
even thinking about it i get as angry as i was last night, you just *wouldn't listen*
>>
>>8386245
I'm not the only one in your group that has said terf things why are you so against me?
>>
File: kitties.jpg (112KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
kitties.jpg
112KB, 500x333px
>>8386257
Deep breaths, Trent. You don't have to deal with anyone's craziness if you don't want to.
>>
>>8383053
If your body was better in the past, why did it lead you to a more painful present? This shows that having a good body doesn't make your life good.
>>
>>8386271
i was only yelling at you because i was really angry (c.f. cara)
when i am not angry i do not hate you/cara/anyone, although cara's delusions include believing i do so i'm not sure what the point of that is anymore
commie-chan occasionally believes terf things because of her internalized transphobia but is usually joking when she says them anyway, whereas you straight up believe that trans women are 'predatory men'
when i'm not too angry to think clearly i try to explain to you that i don't hate you for this, i just want to solve your problems and make you not think that kind of thing because your obsession with that ideology is ruining your life and stealing every chance of happiness you have, but in general i am not in a position to explain this, mostly because everyone is constantly yelling over me
>>
>>8386278
Because I was suffering for other reasons at that time
>>
>>8386280
Yeah, I guess being told that if I transitioned I'd become a predator was just a joke, right?
>>
Trent is a woman
>>
>>8386280
I don't know what I believe in anymore
>>
>>8386304
Rude.
>>
>>8386304
Stop
>>
>>8386298
nobody even told you that
if i'm following the train of thought correctly, then that was your overreaction to something involving gender identity because your inability to correctly interpret information meant you concluded (once again) that all trans women are predatory men -- specifically this was the 'but if hstses have female gender identities then hstses are going into women's changing rooms raping women' incident
however, i may be misinterpreting it
also commie-chan larps as a normie who goes to parties and stuff but in reality she's as autistic as the rest of us, so she doesn't always understand when people are being upset by her jokes
>>8386307
that's okay
>>
>>8386317
No it was earlier during one of her down moments so I shouldn't complain
>>
>>8386327
>one of her down moments
that's very low specificity desu
but yeah, both commie-chan and cara have moments of trying to bait your behaviour, the reason why i react more strongly to cara's is because hers are more premeditated and intractable
you're gonna be okay, though -- it's just that you have to actually try and be okay, whereas right now you're sacrificing yourself for a crazy bullshit ideology and a pile of bdd
>>
>>8386337
I'll stop looking at ideologies. I don't have anything worth believing in. I'm not sure how to move forward
>>
>>8386378
we're trying to help
not necessarily succeeding, but trying, and if you become more open to it we'll be a lot more successful; survey anon and i both devote a lot to you
anyway, i'm going to bed, it's 3am here
>>
>>8381496
Bdd is a meme
>>
>>8386393
I'm sorry about everything
>>
>>
>>8388509
<3
>>
>>8386304
For a woman, he acts pretty chill.
>>
>>8391440
Did you skip over her post where she screeched like a pmsing bitch over mild transphobia?
>>
>>8391440
HSTS.
>>
>>8391457
The one in all caps? Did you miss the part where men shout when they are angry as much as feminists do, only that men are usually more coherent when ranting? Even Trump makes more sense than a radfem.
>>
>>8392017
Why are you defending Trent? He's a cancerous asshole
>>
>>8391457
>mild transphobia
Yeah no.
>>
File: 1496694782947.png (208KB, 1142x982px) Image search: [Google]
1496694782947.png
208KB, 1142x982px
>>8392017
>>
>>8392047
How is he cancerous?

>>8392187
>Analyzing the writing patterns
Next you're going to tell me Earth is flat.
>>
File: 1438260411106.jpg (190KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438260411106.jpg
190KB, 750x600px
>>8392017
Emotional outbursts don't really lend themselves to helping you articulate complicated thoughts. Hence why the simplicity of males and masculine ideology lends itself better to yelling than it does for women.
>>
>>8392187
...your spellchecker recognizes WRERE as a word.
>>
>>8392047
>He
>>
File: 76346456243.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
76346456243.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
>>8392698
You havent met many women have you? If you did, youd know its usually them yelling over the men... lmao.
>>
File: 094358039.png (2MB, 2054x1434px) Image search: [Google]
094358039.png
2MB, 2054x1434px
>>8393947
Hm? That's not what being talked over means. And if anything that just reinforces the idea of male simplicity.
>>
>>8393947
It's based more on race than gender. White women are widely known to talk over men of color to an insane degree (in terms of words per minute etc).
>>
File: 76543724745.gif (1MB, 261x253px) Image search: [Google]
76543724745.gif
1MB, 261x253px
>>8393953
wrong.
>>
>>8391457
eh, i have intermittent explosive disorder and cara and rv-chan both seem to trigger it a lot lately
it was dormant for a long time, though
also, a 220-word post isn't eligible for gender guesser and all my long-form writing scores 'male'
>>
>>8395561
>also, a 220-word post isn't eligible for gender guesser and all my long-form writing scores 'male'
Nope, your three explosive posts were ~650-words, perfect for the guesser, and scored formal and informal female.
>>
>>8399340
You're kinda acting like a crazy hon desu. Only those people trust meme things like text gender apps to say they're women. This isn't Susan's.
>>
>>8393947
Cara and feminists BTFO
>>
File: 1496018442492.jpg (23KB, 375x346px) Image search: [Google]
1496018442492.jpg
23KB, 375x346px
Can we please stop with this I just have BDD or I just have AGP I'm not really trans guise!

Fuck sake, you're all trannies. cis men don't keep asking themselves if they are trans every 5 minutes.

Rule of thumb, if you keep asking yourself about this shit more than one time in a single day of your life you got something going on and should talk to a therapist to find out why you're fucked up in the head.
>>
>>8402833
Or OCD... Don't forget OCD.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.