[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pili multigemini

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: vnWAshc.jpg (453KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
vnWAshc.jpg
453KB, 2448x3264px
Anyone else have this condition? It affects nearly all of my body and it's really difficult to deal with.
There's not a lot of information about it available but I've done a little bit of research on it. Apparently it's passed along genetically and it results in getting several "half" follicles and during development they slowly migrate together to share organs and thus can grow multiple hairs and multiple root bulbs. But they'll share stuff like the sebaceous glands which allows the hair to grow normally despite having multiple stunted follicles. I've seen some articles saying as many as up to 50 "stunted follicles" can join together to form like some gigantic super-follicle and you can get like 50 shafts of hair from a single bulb.
Most of the ones on my body are 2-5 shafts per follicle and they grow like pic related (but that's not my pic, just something off google)

I've been epilating for a few months now and besides getting a bizarre satisfaction about ripping hairs out because of my PM it regrows ridiculously quick. I've been epilating probably every 2-4 days to deal with it. My thighs are starting to look okay but my calves are still an utter mess. Epilating seems to be destroying the multiple hairs though.

Was just wondering if anyone else also had this condition and how they have gone about dealing with it.
It makes me really self-concious of my legs and even before transitioning I never liked wearing shorts because I was way way hairier than most guys. People commented on it all the time because it really was just horrible looking. Like I didn't have a ton of body hair all over, but in the places I had it were probably worse than Robin Williams. Now that I've started epilating it kind of helps and has been getting better the more I do it but my calves still look horrible.
>>
Please, this is a worksafe board.
>>
>>8379055
That's a pic of someones legs lol
That's what mine used to look like if I shaved. Epilating tends to make the follicles fill with blood for like a week and makes little red dots but it does seem to be killing off the fuckers.
>>
>>8379023
It's just hair growing several people have multiple hairs growing out of the same pore.
>>
>>8379428
I dunno none of my friends have it. It seems more common on guys than girls. All the guys in my family have it but none of the women have it.
I've seen other guys with it but it's not that common
>>
>>8379440
The thing is that's just a trait, it's not a "condition". Lazer therapy is specially effective on them though.
>>
>>8379447
I guess I suppose. It is supposed to be genetically passed on though.
>>
>>8379464
Well body traits ARE genetically passed, such as hair color or type of hair.

That thing does make your life harder if you don't like body hair but it's possible to deal with it.
>>
>>8379472
It makes it a bitch and a half to remove. Like every single spot where there's double or triple hairs comes back as ingrowns for like months. I'm only just starting to see my skin recover and the ingrowns stopping. For a while like every single hair on my thighs and calves were ingrown hairs. I was scrubbing my skin with a pumice stone to try and loosen the hairs but it just doesn't work.
I was surprised I even got it epilated in the first place there was so much hair. I've done my butt hair and a bit of my groin hair for like years now but I never did my legs or arms cause I didn't want people to find out. It's not terrible to maintain I guess but my skin looks horrible due to constant ingrowns and you can see the roots of the hairs regrowing so easily cause there's so many hairs.
I don't have enough money for laser or electrolysis.
>>
>>8379497
have you tried hot compresses?
>>
>>8379658
The ingrowns are like everywhere. That would take me all day to do lol
They're not inflamed, it's just hairs that grow slightly under a few layers of skin. I can pick them out easily with a sewing needle it just takes forever. It seems to only happen on the follicles that have multiple hairs coming out cause I've been epilating more it's happening less but it's still pretty bad.
>>
File: 20170525_171724.jpg (823KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_171724.jpg
823KB, 2656x1494px
>>8379664
like this is a pic of my calves from about 3 weeks ago. It's a little better now.
The brown stuff is just some sulfur cream I stuck on a really bad ingrown hair.
Like it might look like there's stubble but there's not cause it's underneath the skin still. And yes I realize my skin looks horrible.
>>
This makes me happy that I didn't get an epilator.
>>
>>8379692
Well I've used it in other areas of my body and everything has been just fine.
It's just my pili multigemini gets extremely bad on my calves.
My butt is perfectly smooth though, no issues there. Used it on my junk too and other than a bunch of bleeding the first time I did it it's fine now.
>>
>>8379697
Have you used it on facial hair? I have really deep facial hair, such that even when I shave completely smooth I still have a 5 o'clock shadow. The only way to stop that is pulling the hair out with the root, and so I've been thinking about getting an epilator. But they scare me...
>>
>>8379023
Wait that's not normal leg hair growth? My leg hair has looked like that for years and I never questioned it
>>
>>8379752
Yes I have used it on my face. I have used it to get rid of my neck hairs for years because shaving gives me ingrowns but epilating does not. It's tough to do your whole face though, the moustache area hurts so much. It is possible though but it's not for the lighthearted lol
And yeah just like pubes you will bleed a bunch when you do it but it gets better after that. I just didn't properly upkeep it so I have to do it all again which sucks.
My only problem area I've had is my calves. My beard doesn't have pili multigemini so I've had no issues there.
>>
>>8379763
No it's not normal, most of the population does not have it supposedly. It's supposed to be pretty rare.
>>
There's a AHA lotion called Amlactin (green bottle) that if used twice a day everyday could help with conditions like this. It takes awhile though for it to fully work and constituency is key. Give it like 4 months and see if you have any improvements. You MUST wear sunscreen if the area is exposed to sunlight from 10am - 4pm while using it though.

I'd also recommend you going to a dermatologist, maybe see if you can get Retin-A (most also use sunscreen as well) and somehow form a regime that will remove the hair, use the RA, and not cause any irritation.
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YNGUSH6zutTcv_osPURNvH8K19mXiX730Y-JeDRMNbI/edit?pref=2&pli=1 This will destroy the hair. You won't have to use it again for a while. It'll make you hairless and smooth. Idk why people even fucking shave instead of using this.
>>
>>8383935
Looking at the ingredients list it's the exact same thing as the Nair that I bought (calcium thioglycolate). Depilatory creams don't really work on my hair very well, I'v
At least epilators inevitably lead to some actual permanent changes to the hair which is what I want. I don't want to just remove the hair off the surface, I want it completely gone or at least destroyed enough to not cause any more problems.e tried them.

I'm going to continue epilating though and just hope my legs get better. My ass started out pretty horrible kind of like my legs but the hair is pretty much just fuzz these days. I just think my legs are quite a bit worse and the growing roots are clearly visible.
I've also tried an at-home IPL thing from Remington too but it didn't work very well.
>>
>>8379682
>>8379023
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have the urge to scratch it so bad
>>
>>8384090
It gets pretty itchy if I don't put lotion on it.
Scratching does nothing anyway, the hairs are too far under the skin.
>>
>>8384108
PLEASE LET ME SCRATCH YOU
>>
>>8384090
same it makes me itchy just looking at it!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.