[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone here transition in their 20's and end up passing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

File: 1495153115515.gif (819KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1495153115515.gif
819KB, 500x376px
Did anyone here transition in their 20's and end up passing?
>>
>>8379014
Yes! I transitioned at 30 (33 now) and pass. It's probably trickier for MTFs though.
>>
>>8379014
Yep, started at 22 here. The first day I walked into class in girlmode my teacher didn't recognize me and counted me absent. It helps that I had been practicing my voice for four years prior though, and I had it mastered before I even bought girl clothes.
>>
>>8379062
Ant voice tips?
>>
>>8379071
Practice your heart out and don't get discouraged. There came a point where I accepted I would sound awful and stupid, but once I got over that fear I progressed much faster. I practiced for about an hour a day, which really isnt that hard because you can do almost anything while talking and you can sing to make it fun.
>>
>>8379029
Wow I hope I can get that lucky given I'm only 22.

>>8379062
I'm also 22 I'll probably be 23 by the time I start though. Well it's nice to know it's possible, I was under the impression transitioning in your 20's made it impossible to pass for some reason.
>>
>>8379086
not that anon but I can sing in perfectly in girl voice but I have a really hard time doing a believable talking voice, what are the differences for you there
>>
Really, whether you'll pass or not is more dependent on how you look individually than just your age
Age is a decent indicator of possible passability at best.
>>
>>8379105
No, transitioning at like 35+ and having normal T levels up until that point, like not low T or some other genetic condition stalling development, is what would really fuck you over.
Men undergo their highest T levels and greatest development around 30-35 years old.
>>
>>8379106
I suppose it's hard to say because I didn't have that problem and I don't know what you sound like. If you posted a vocaroo or something I might be able to give better advice.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1agN4IajkNe here's what I sound like for reference
>>
Started at 21, now 25

The other day I was hanging out with a drunk young trans woman and she was like "I HAVE A THICK TRANNY DICK BUT ONLY I CAN USE THAT WORD BECAUSE Y'ALL ARE CIS" and I was laughing very hard on the inside.
>>
>>8379014
Nope.

I was passable well into my 20s, but I did not end up transitioning.
>>
>>8379346
How much do you want to kill yourself now?
>>
>>8379364
Not one quarter as much as I want to kill others.
>>
>>8379383
How old are you now?
>>
>>8379205
Hehe. You should have destroyed her cheeky twinkhonpucci with your floppy passer dick.
>>
>>8379383
Why do you want to kill others?
>>
>>8379388
Umm, let's see, Into my 30s now.
>>
>>8379459
Why not look into surgeries and stuff? I hope you at least started hrt
>>
Maybe. I started at 22 and am 26 now. Some how people who don't know me can't tell very well.

I'd probably pass better if I made a fucking laser appointment.
>>
>>8379516
>tfw anyone close to your height and age has been on hrt way longer than you
Feels bad man
>>
>>8379470
I find medicine grotesque.

I've also finally learned to appreciate my skeletal ugliness, the illuminating black marks all over it.
>>
>>8379550
When you get older you're going to have to get a ton of surgeries anyway most likely.
You might as well get surgeries now and at least be happy for a while.
>>
>>8379450
The quintessential reasons. However, probably pretty much all of them.
>>
>>8379561
different anon here, but uh, what reasons? i don't really see any reasons to kill others
>>
>>8379556
I don't really want to live all that long.

However much I do, I'll probably just learn to disconnect.

I've been making great progress unlearning happiness.
>>
>>8379521
You'll get there keep going
>>
Started 6 months ago at 23 and pass in pictures 90% of the time, in person about 30% of the time. But I don't have any lady clothes and my voice is crap soooo once that's done it'll probs be fine.
>>
>>8379572

With all manners of being trained to cherish "your neighbour" or whatever hallowed notion of others is used, it's possible to upgrade those infections into understanding of how vile those people are and see the righteousness of those people being put in their place. It's incredibly liberating, it's the cure from perpetually being on the run to tenderize yourself and process yourself into sweetness to appease them.
>>
>>8379613
Could you describe some examples of how they're vile, and are you referring to other trans people? I'm sorry, though. You seem to have grown very cynical. Wish I could help :(
>>
>>8379625
I am decisively not referring to transpeople, although the transpeople I've been exposed to may have been very unusually better than comparable norms.

Two basic types of such things would be a second nature life commitment to seizing as much of the world for oneself as one can manage and on the other hand working to ever increasingly make oneself as much of a threat to others in order to be appeased and tolerated. In other words, both common ways of commanding respect.
>>
>>8379014
started at 23 only 66 months in though so idk
>>
>>8381346
6 months*
>>
>>8379014
Tbh I was failing boymode when I was 21 before I really thought about transitioning, then I shaved my head. Then I turned 22 and started hrt but my hair is still short so idk
>>
>>8379147
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s1agN4IajkNe
post a vocaroo of you talking
>>
>>8379516
>four years in and hasn't had laser yet
wtf
>>
>>8381931
We're not all rich af
>>
>>8381935
Yeah I'm hoping i can find someone to split the cost of an electrolysis machine with me. The classes to learn are pretty cheap and it's easy if you have someone else do it to you rather than yourself.
>>
>>8381978
I couldn't trust someone other than a professional to do electrolysis
>>
>>8379014
I transitioned at 30 and by now at 32 I know I pass pretty easily. I just got back from a 2 week vacation in Texas and New Mexico, and went shopping in each place so I know I know it isn't just hug-boxing friends.
>>
>find out transgene at 14
>grandpa says he rather have a drug kingpin for a child than a homosexual
>try to find other ways to be ok with it, tried going on a soy diet stuff like that, some femboy camwhoring
>doesnt work
>country is rough and high violence rates to trans
>be 18 move out to canada
>finally get titty skits at 20
>get a job 4 months in
>whats your common name
>put in what i decided on
>go to work, unvoluntarily stealthed
>never trained my voice much but did like a few weeks of exercises in total, mostly on and off
>have to talk, sound perfectly fine and unnoticed, now is second nature
G L
>>
>>8382159
Oh, I'm so sorry. A contraption like Canada or Toronto is obviously going to be all cushy to transbians, but you're obviously too straight and proper for a dump like that.
>>
Transitioned at 24.
Passing.

There is always a way.
>>
Started at 20, 22 now. I think I will once my hair finally is long.
>>
I started last year (23 then), pass pretty well. Always been feminine, though. I'm slim, lean, maybe average height. Massive fucking adams apple though. But most people who speak with me use female terms despite that. I outright don't pass if I speak with my natural voice, I never put enough time to voice training.
Still, I live in the fuck hole of nowhere, so everyone here knew who I was before transitioning, so obviously don't pass here, I'm just the weird faggot.
So yeah, to strangers, I pass. If I speak with them they'll know I'm a tranny. But I'm okay with that so whatever.
>>
Started at 22, 39 now, and passed just fine. I still pass now, but now that I'm old, it's mainly because nobody gives a shit about some middle-aged rando.
Much of passing is actually giving a shit about your presentation, which means that as a 4chan NEET, you're already behind the curve. Genetics play a part, as does voice, beauty, fashion, and attitude. My advice is to get some friends in the real world and hang out with them. Learn to socialize. Learn how to keep up your appearance. Who knows, maybe you might even find somebody so you can stop shitposting >tfw no bgf all the time too.
>>
>>8381935
>>8381978
have you guys tried looking on Groupon? you can get like 3 sessions for 80$ from some decent places where I'm at
>>
>>8385766
Where do you live?
>>
>>8387157
Texas
>>
>>8379014
Started hormones at 22. Been almost three years. Never have problems passing. Most people don't have suspicions unless i tell them. I started with a fairly androgynous face though
>>
>>8379014
Started late 27, currently 29, almost two years and apparently I pass
>>
>>8385083
>So yeah, to strangers, I pass.
Funny. This is my case as well.
I am already 2yrs into HRT but for some reason the people who knew me before don't see a single difference about me.
>>
>>8379115
>>8379105
People in their thirties can still pass and people in their teens can have hell passing. It's not all genetics either, lifestyle and health factor a large part into it as well. If you're doing labor intensive work outdoors for twenty years while regularly shaving, drinking, smoking, doing drugs, eating large portions, and living like a rugged man then your body will tell that story.
>>
>>8388485
>regularly shaving
I've shaved every single day for years because i hate facial hair is this bad?
>>
>>8379470
I would have proceeded with experimenting with hormones, but there's such massive defensiveness of just doing it by the book, and nothing less, that I shied away, especially since my doctor had been awkwardly inaccessible.

And I really don't want "brain fog".
>>
>>8391633
Just self-med... who cares if people get butthurt it's your body not theirs.
The medical system treats trans like shit there's no point trying to do things by the book because the book hates your guts
The only thing you need your doctor for is blood tests and inevitably once you're ready you can succumb to the system and get your surgeries but at least if you self-med you won't be completely fucked
>>
>>8391702
Yeah, but there's so many books that hate other people's guts. You can't always think about yourself, trying to live like a little sun king is monstrous. All the other freaks all around need to be made to atone.

Oh, and blockades around me against self medding have been especially proactive, if that by chance might have a little bit to do with it for some reason!
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.