[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you know you were trans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

File: pretty girl.jpg (216KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pretty girl.jpg
216KB, 1536x2048px
Hey, cis-woman here.
I was wondering if anyone trans could explain to me how they knew they were trans?
I've never understood it because I don't feel like I know I'm a woman because of some internal feelings, I just feel like I know because I've been told it by society.
So how did you know you were a man if you were assigned female at birth, and how did you know you were a woman if you were assigned male at birth?
I'm not trying to be judgmental or challenge you, I genuinely want to hear from people who have experienced this so I can understand.
Bonus question: What are your thoughts on nonbinary people?
>>
>>8370850
How do you know you're a woman besides a doctor having said so when you were born?
>>
>>8370860
Society told me what the female body is, and since my body looks/acts like that I know I'm a woman.
>>
>>8370850
male ("amab") nonbinary here. i felt discomfort with some of my masculine features, so i fixed it.
>>8370860
just answer her question.
>>
File: dysphoria.png (153KB, 941x856px) Image search: [Google]
dysphoria.png
153KB, 941x856px
See pic
>>
>>8370850
Also fuck non binary people. It is a meme.
>>
>>8370850
What differences do you notice between men and women besides their bodies?

Those differences are the reason.
>>
>>8370850
Who is this? That's a cute boy.
>>
>>8370881
If you're still here and you don't mind me asking:
How could you tell you were feeling discomfort at your masculinity and not something else? Sometimes I feel discomfort because of my feminine features, but I think that's because I don't like that those features are sexualized, not because I don't like femininity.
Also, how did you fix it?
You can answer whatever you feel comfortable with.
>>8370892
I don't know what to say besides girls wear feminine clothing and makeup and boys wear masculine clothing and no makeup.
What are the differences you notice?
>>
>>8370908
>I don't know what to say besides girls wear feminine clothing and makeup and boys wear masculine clothing and no makeup.
You don't notice any differences between the way boys and girls behave, interact among themselves and with each other, act in relationships, or what they find interesting, besides clothing and makeup?
>>
>>8370850
the lack of these internal feelings is what makes you a normal person
congratulations
>>
>>8370887
The comparison on the third text box confuses me though. If someone were going to give me hormones and surgery I would be scared because a person was violating my body, and because the surgery would make me less able to fit into society.
A lot of the other descriptions sound like anxiety/depression/self hatred, and I'm unsure of what makes it specifically trans.
>>
>>8370935
Aren't differences between the way men and women act just stereotypes? The only things I can think of are sexist tropes, like women are supposed to act clingy in relationships and men are supposed to only want sex. But I know this isn't true because I've seen it happen the other way around, too. I feel like a lot of differences are just there because they're encouraged by society.
Can you please give me an example of what you consider a difference? I'm not doing this just to argue, if there's deeper differences that I'm missing I genuinely want to know.
>>
>some bait
>>
>>8370908
i noticed that most men didn't seem to be bothered by the things that bothered me. for example, muscles, excessive body hair, facial hair, lack of hips, and having testicles. i would see myself and think "why do i have to be like this?"

i don't feel that any of the features i was uncomfortable with were sexualized, at least not to the degree women experience, so that wasn't part of my motivation.

i fixed it with hormone replacement therapy, laser hair removal, and an orchiectomy.

some people also experience discomfort with how they're treated socially. i didn't. i suspect this is mostly due to where i live. if i had been forced to go mudding and watch football with the boys, i wouldn't have been as content.
>>
>>8370979
Hormonal neurological effects do seem to make gendered behaviors more likely.

There's definitely a difference in how people feel things on different hormones, it's easier to process emotions on estrogen, and testosterone seems to keep guys a lot closer to arousal.
>>
>>8370979
>supposed to
I'm asking about the differences you see, not what's "supposed" to happen.
>>
>>8370991
Do you think that you felt "why do I have to be like this?" because "this" wasn't what society considered a girl, or would you have felt that way regardless? Like, if you had been able to move to a society where all your masculine features were considered feminine, would that have helped your discomfort, or would you have still looked in the mirror and been upset?
Like, if someone had the face of a monster they would be upset even if other people accepted them, but if someone had a mole on their face they would only be upset if they were told they were ugly for it.
Sorry if I don't make sense.
>>
>>8371028
>impossible, alternate reality hypotheticals
>sorry if I don't make sense
it really is some dumb cunt
>>
>>8370850
I picked up a Barbie doll once and didn't take off all the clothes and the daycare lady told my mom I wanted to be a girl and then I was peer pressured into being a girl
>Tfw no bf to love me and my boyclit
>>
>I've never understood it (being cis-female) because I don't feel like I know I'm a woman because of some internal feelings
How do you understand yourself, OP? What is your mind telling you about how you understand yourself? Is it saying "I'm female simply because others see me that way"? Do you wholeheartedly accept that, or are you lukewarm to the idea?
>>
>>8371028
your question makes sense, but i don't know the answer. i suspect that i would feel the same way, but there's no way for me to know.
>>
>>8371028
It makes sense, but it's apples (liked hobbies) to oranges (sense of self).
I like sewing, but if other boys were expected to do it as the "male" hobby, I would still be considered male, even though I am female.
(Not that anon, but for example.)
>>
>>8371042
Okay! I was just trying to feel out whether it was a feeling that came from society's expectations for what is considered beautiful/feminine. Thank you for answering.

>>8371039
I accept that I AM a woman, but I don't feel like I know that I "want" to be a woman. It's the same as if someone asked me if I accepted the idea that I have brown hair, I can't feel like I have brown hair, I just know I have it and it doesn't make me feel anything. (and I'm not trying to say that not connecting with your gender is like not connecting with your hair color, I'm just using that as an example to show how neutral I am about it)
>>
>>8371069
You know people dye their hair?
>>
>>8371069
You might want to experiment with this thought more, anon.
How did you feel about sex/have you had any? Did you feel comfortable on the receiving end? Were you comfortable with your partner?

I'm not saying you're nonbinary, but realizing I didn't connect with my birth gender (same apathy towards it), realizing I understood myself similar to certain characters and person types, as well as not wanting to be sexually touched helped me understand I was nonbinary.
>>
>>8371071
I guess a better example would be like how I know what race I am? Even if I identified with another race's people/culture, I wouldn't feel the need to say I'm that race.
Obviously any analogy is going to be very messy and not fit very well with gender, so I'm not trying to say trans people are wrong because of this analogy.
>>
>>8371082
Imagine if you could change your race or sex at will. Would you stay the way you are just because that's what you happen to be?
>>
My thinking is that, if something is working fine, you don't even notice it's there.

It may appear that you don't have any internal sense of what your body "should" be, and you just accept how it is. But we know that's not true. If you lose a limb you may well experience phantom limb sensations, because your brain's "body map" is now out of line with reality. Or if that body map got messed up somehow, you might start to feel that parts of your body are wrong and need to be changed.

I think it's lkely that this sort of concept applies to sex/gender too. Something develops wrongly on a basic level in our brains, and we gradually come to fit the resultant feelings into more abstract structures like societal ideas about gender, creating feedback loops and associations between those ideas and feelings.
>>
>>8371078
The thing that confuses me about nonbinary though is that no one is completely "binary". Isn't everyone a little bit nonbinary then?
Also- does not wanting to be sexually touched have to be with being nonbinary? Wouldn't that be asexuality? Aren't there sexual nonbinary people?
Sorry to bombard you with questions.
>>
>>8371090
Wrong is a loaded word.
Maybe, Something develops differently on a basic level in our brains.
Right?
>>
>>8371095
Sure, that's all I mean by that
>>
>>8371089
That's a difficult question though, because I think I would change to a male (at least for a little while), but that's because being a (cis)man means no periods, more muscles, no pregnancy + possible societal benefits.
>>
>>8371104
>possible societal benefits
I'd change to a female for that reason.
>>
>>8371093
> is that no one is completely "binary". Isn't everyone a little bit nonbinary then?
In a way, yes. In a way, no.
Your likes determine what you "should" be. (You like rom-coms? Frilly clothes? I'd guess a feminine girl.) We all act a way outside of gender norms while adhering to others, but our sense of identity is separate from what hobbies we like or what clothes we prefer.

Nonbinary, as I understand from myself, is understanding I hold both masculine and feminine understandings of my identity. I dress androgynously, I take hormones, but I don't express myself to one constant, and don't wish to fully transition to either male or female.

I'm not entirely sure about that sexual aspect, personally. I enjoy sex and masterbate, but I don't feel comfortable with a partner touching me, even if I enjoy getting them off. I'm not sure if I will ever grow attached to what I have, but I wish I was a functional hermaphrodite.
>>
>>8371118
If this isn't too personal- could you tell me whether you're afab or amab and whether you're attracted to men, women, or both?
>>
>>8371129
I'm not comfortable answering the first one, given this board.
I am pansexual.
>>
>>8371138
Another question, you might not be able to answer this because it has more to do with nonbinary culture than being nonbinary, but do you think that someone can call themself gay or heterosexual if they're nonbinary? Like does sexuality have to do with sex (the one assigned at birth), while nonbinary has to do with gender? From what I know transgender people's sexuality is dependent on the idea that sexuality has to do with gender.
I know someone who considers themself a nonbinary lesbian and that confuses me. From my knowledge, lesbian = woman + woman, and nonbinary = not a woman.
>>
>>8371158
I get this one a lot, ha ha.

It's easier to be considerate of a partner's needs when nonbinaries describe their sexuality. If you engage in sex with a lesbian and she sees a penis, she would feel devastated and betrayed. Vise-versa, a gay male and a vagina. I would guess your nonbinary friend prefers ladies and is content with a vagina.
>>
>>8370887
Want to say something positive.
In addition, positive emotions can turn into negative and other way round. I'm in the very beginning of my transition, and when I pass/feel that I am beautiful - it makes me happy, very happy. But I hope pass will be just ordinary thing for me in the future.

Also this happiness in one moment can become something like this (It is from my head) - don't lie your self you know that this is males body, it is a fucking fact...You just tricked yourself you don't pass, you fucking clown.

In that moments, I just can't do anything. It was in a park, I sat down on the grass and closed my eyes, waiting for it go away.

>>8370889
Yeap, fuck them. I am ok with binary world.
>>
>>8370850
>I was wondering if anyone trans could explain to me how they knew they were trans?
I felt discomfort/disgust towards my male body and masculine features(facial hair, voice). I wished I could have a female one instead(seeing it as more natural for me) and generally live my life as a woman and for others to acknowledge me as one.
Later I learned about the concepts of "transgender", "gender dysphoria" and transition and realized that what I wanted was at least partly possible. I realize that my body will never be truly female, but for me it's about "settling for the next best thing".
> Bonus question: What are your thoughts on nonbinary people?
I don't understand them at all. But I try not to be too judgemental, because that would be too much like what many think of people like me.
>>
>>8370850
Lots of things. I never liked looking masc, and always wanted a more cute appearance. One time when I was smoking a joint with this wigger crackdealer at a traphouse he said something along the lines of "You act like a girl, you have feminine ways, is you a bitch?".
>>
>>8371757
And never liked is too subtle of a word to use, for an arm covered in scars and 5+ suicide attempts.
>>
File: 1474804065653.png (195KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1474804065653.png
195KB, 400x388px
>>8370850
I'M NOT TRANS.
I COME TO THIS BOARD JUST TO LAUGH AT YOU DEGENERATES HAWHAWHAW.

I DONT HAVE ANY DYSPHORIA I'M NOT TAKING ANY HORMONES FUCK YOU ALL.

UNLIKE YOU DEGENERATES I WILL CONVERT TO ISLAM AND MARRY 5 WOMEN AND HAVE 30 CHILDREN
>>
>>8370850
>>8370872
It's kind of freaky to me that cis people don't have any conscious sense of their gender. But if they were forcibly transitioned, they would probably get dysphoric, so I guess they DO, they just don't realize it.
>>
>>8371766
ok cool
>>
>>8370850
Everybody is constantly doing gender classifications on people they see even without thinking about it. Apparently even 3-4 month old infant brains are classifying faces by gender

https://doi.org/10.1068/p3331
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.infbeh.2014.08.009

Around age 2 or 3 I remember becoming consciously aware of gender. The world was divided up into male and female, and I was thinking I belonged in the female category, but everyone was telling me I wasn't. The reality of having a boy body didn't fit the way I saw myself. It didn't have anything to do with noticing differences in dress or behavior between boys and girls, it's more that I was checking the girl box for myself.

Growing up if I heard anything about sex changes or transsexuals or transgenders I would identify with that and think that was me, except that I saw myself as different from the stereotypical obvious tabloid TV hon.

My natural, normal behavior fits better as a woman than as a man. Transitioning was just me being myself.
>>
>>8370850
Take T for a while. You don't want it? Well that's how most MtF feel.
>>
>>8370850
picture sauce?
>>
>>8370850
>I just feel like I know because I've been told it by society.

Yes, and then you internalized what society told you.

Well, like the majority of cis people, whatever society said resonated with them and they internalized it. Trans people often take issue or have discomfort when society tells them they are a gender. It often takes a while to become aware of what these feelings are or what they exactly mean, but it's a natural part of our neurology that persists regardless of what anyone, even ourselves, tells us. We can pretend we don't feel differently, incongruent with our assigned gender, and we can deny it and put up heavy facades.

Something innately in us determines where we sit. My thoughts on nonbinary people is that nature isn't perfect and no woman is 100% woman and no man is 100% man, and when someone's neurology is too close to 50/50 they experience conflict with both ends of the spectrum. I'd imagine it's quite unpleasant, to not even fit in a category. But nature was never intended to have categories, just like you didn't 'feel like a woman', nature just made you the way you are and you ended up far enough along the spectrum.
>>
>>8370979
You type like a woman.
I'm a cis guy and I occasionally come to trans threads because their suffering makes me feel less shitty about my life.
MTF type like women and FTM type like men.
Thats all the proof I need for the wrong brain theory.
>>
>>8373366
How does someone type like a woman?
>>
>>8373400
http://www.hackerfactor.com/GenderGuesser.php#Analyze
>>
>>8373400
I don't know, you normally need a pretty long sample text to be sure, but women and men type differently. They have different lexicons, use different verb forms, passive and active voices.
>>
>>8373426
I think it might also have to do with how each person learned to read and write. I grew up on male-protagonist and author based writing, so its no wonder that i learned to write like a man. Just food for thought!
>>
>>8373419
I tried this. It comes up female for personal stuff when I'm being chatty, but goes more male if I'm trying to make a point. Maybe that's because of how I was taught to write.
>>
>>8370860

A doctor didn't just say so when I was born (I don't remember it). I was constantly told by everyone I was a girl.

>>8372076

Lot of cis female athletes take testosterone, isnt that what steroids are?
>>
There wasn't really a "moment" I knew I was trans, it was kind of a thing that happened over a long period of time. Then I told my friend "I'm not sure I'm trans, doesn't every guy feel like this" and I realized that yeah, cis guys don't absolutely hate their bodies and want to be women in every way.

My thoughts on nonbinary people are the same feelings a lot of the LGB people have on asexuals. It's fine if they want to do that. But they're not marginalized. It's no different than being cis or straight, and it for sure is nowhere near the same as being trans. It makes me sick when they try to tell me that they understand my struggle.
>>
>>8370850
is it wrong to say I don't know? I just kind of felt this sense of "if i was a girl" until I knew what transgender was, I didn't really think "I wish I was a girl" until that point and although many people like therapists/cis/retards will try and make you admit it isn't always "i always knew" but it IS a feeling
>>
>>8370887
So mental illness then. Sounds about right.
>>
>>8370850
Well since I was 7 or 8 I thought about things like wanting to be a girl. Over the years these feelings got stronger and stronger. I denied it for a long time, until eventually I realized a normal male doesn't want to be a girl every single day and doesn't have to go to great lengths to avoid thinking about it.
>>
>>8374261

If I am constantly thinking about wanting to be an anime, am I a transanime? Because if so thats me.
>>
>>8374265
well you could always be 2d if you let a bulldozer run you over follow your dreams
>>
>>8374298

I'll never be anime also I have to say one thing to this post: "OUCH!" I would die.
>>
>>8371768
Yeah I don't really get how 99.999% of the world just takes their given gender at face value and rolls with it. It's kind of a big thing that impacts every major and minor aspect of your entire life. Do they not ever feel constrained by it? Just never think about it? Do they never despair that by virtue of a coin flip they had no say in they are permanently cast into a narrow life role complete with a predetermined performance and a laundry list of social expectations? Is it boiling under the surface and a lot of people actually are envious of the opposite sex and they just never talk about it? Really trips me out but maybe that's just the autism. Guess I'll never know.
>>
>>8374412
what is the source of this pic?
>>
>>8370850

>I was wondering if anyone trans could explain to me how they knew they were trans?

First off, I'm MtF. I have no idea what first made me want to be a girl since this was at least as far back as when I was 5 years old. I just wanted it.

>So how did you know you were a man if you were assigned female at birth, and how did you know you were a woman if you were assigned male at birth?

I just wanted to live as a girl when I was young inherently I guess. The way you just like some color for some reason. You probably don't know why your favorite color was your favorite either. As time went on I felt worse about being physically male. I hated to see myself associated with guys since childhood, but puberty made it much worse because then there were connotations of sexual attractiveness. And being attractive as a man feels incredibly alienating.

>Bonus question: What are your thoughts on nonbinary people?

I don't want to deny the possibility of its existence before there's any data, but my guess is that it's not true.
>>
>>8373481
I read a lot of classic sci-fi, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if I type like a guy. Though, half of that was C.J. Cherryh so maybe not.
>>
>>8373602
If gender is on a spectrum and female athletes want to take T (minority) they are most likely on 'male side'. Same goes for men who want to do laser hair removal.
>>
>>8370850

Basically for the first 19sh years of my life people told me I was a boy, so I went along with it. It was fine at the time. I didn't really care about the real world for a long time, and just immersed myself in video games and books and stuff. Eventually I started getting more involved in my own life and started to figure out how I actually wanted other people to see me. After some hard questioning I just realized that I was more comfortable thinking of myself as a girl than a boy. So I started transitioning, and it felt like I was finally coming to life after a long period of disconnection and apathy. If I feel better as a girl than my actual birth sex then I'm pretty sure I must be trans.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.