[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pride experiences Thinking about going to mine in a city

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: LA-Pride-Home-Gallery-Parade.jpg (107KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
LA-Pride-Home-Gallery-Parade.jpg
107KB, 600x400px
ITT: Pride experiences

Thinking about going to mine in a city of ~300k. Would like to hear if you had any great experiences, etc.
>>
>>8370836
I went to the big one here because, it's just "a very Toronto kind of thing". since then, I've realized there is nothing that i hate more than "toronto kinds of things".
>>
>>8371003
there's literally no "Spokane kind of things" other than being a meth addict so I think I'm good in that department.

What's wrong with toronto's parade?
>>
>>8371008
BLACK LIVES MATTER
BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK DA POLICE
WE
WUZ
HOMOSEXUAL
>>
>>8371008
It's a huge parade, and it's all about being a huge parade.
>>
>>8371018
weird from what I understand about ones in the US there's not much chanting or stuff like that

>>8371019
fair enough, I wonder if smaller ones are more intimate
>>
i don't wanna lose my pants and shoes from an explosion
>>
>>8371019
Sounds like something a racist would say
>>
>>8371023
Look up pride parade BLM 2016
The tldr is that nignogs matter came and help up the event asking for bullshit demands like more gibs for gay nigs and to keep police from being uniformed in the parade
>>
>>8371030
sounds pretty annoying tbqh
>>
>>8371046
>When the city still giving pride 260k in funds for an event about inclusion that excludes police officers that do a service in favor of niggers complaining about slavery when canada was the end point of the underground railroad.
>Thumbs_up_and_glasses_smiley.jpg
>>
>>8370836
>great experiences
first group sex in public
highly recommended
>>
File: 1483350203638.gif (594KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
1483350203638.gif
594KB, 299x276px
>>8371066
s-story?

>>8371062
kek, if I'm a black I want officers to be in uniform so they're more likely to be pegged if they shoot me indiscriminately.
>>
>>8371023
Intimate? I don't see why they would be, but more focussed, more earnest and less trend-minded, I'd expect.
>>
>>8370836
>All those walking advertisements
It's become corporate! It's about companies, not people anymore!
>>
>>8370836

Here's a greentext story of my first pride.

>Be 17
>Board a train to Birmingham for a pokemon tournament thing
>Bump my head on the way in because I'm tall
>Cute boy notices and chuckles, we get to talking
>He asks if I'm gay halfway through, can't tell if hitting on me or not
>He says he's going to pride with some friends and invites me along
>Deciding this sounds way more fun than a nerd convention, I agree
>Go with him, meet his friends (a typical LGBT group - ragtag band of bulldykes and fairies)
>We go to the gay village, miss most of the parade, get some food (fat lesbian steals some of my churros) and then we go to a bar to drink the day away
>End up dancing with some cuties, kissing my first boy, meeting my first trans girl and finally appreciating why LGBT communities are still a thing
>Get a bit freaked out when night falls and the club gets a bit cruisey, head home

It was a great experience. I'd really recommend trying pride out. The recent ones in London have been a lot better, including a packed-out visit to a leather bar and drinking in the street with mostly naked hotties.
>>
>>8370836
Boomer trannies in inappropriate clothing, and tumblr snowflakes. Every time I see another tranny, I despise them, and myself, more.
>>
>>8370836
At the parade itself they hand out a bunch of free shit and my friend and I compete for how much free shit we can get. Shirts and sunglasses are high value
>>
>>8373211
>drinking in the street with mostly naked hotties.
How do you get in on this? I'll happily bring along pre-mixed drinks in plastic bottles.
>>
>>8370836
I go to one hear. I'm in a party city that already does a lot of festivals and parades throughout the year. So fucking love me a gay one. It's just a wild party and bar hoping down the streets. I don't take shit too serious and I've made friends from it. Joined a lesbian fitness group for a couple years after one. It's fun shit if you aren't up your ass about it all.

But that's the honest truth about all parades no matter what the parade is about. A lot of people I hear bitching about pride parades gives criticism that seems more like they just don't like parades. Like "oh wow so you just act a fool and get drunk and stupid in the street. so stupid. that's what being gay is to you?"

And look loser: That's every fucking parade. That's mardi gras parades. That's any fiesta cinco de mayo parade. St patys parades, the local sports parades cause a sport team won, battle of whatever nonsense parade. They're all just get-day-drunk-and-walk-in-the-street bullshit celebrations. This ones just got some gay flavor instead of some gosportsgo flavor.

So ya know if you wanna go into pride politicking or expecting that shit you'll find yourself disappointed but if you wanna just walk around day drinking and chilling and being openly gay without anyone telling you shit it's some fun stuff. The whole point is to be out and happy cause it makes the heteros pissy. The happier you can be about it the pissier they get so smile at any protestors, offer them a drink or whatever.
>>
>>8371062
BLM lost all their funding in Toronto due to that incident I believe lol
>>
>>8372915
It has been that way for decades. It became shit when it ceased being a protest march to stop the government from harassing people and their businesses for what they did in private. It stands for nothing now but obnoxious flamers, corporate shilling, and to push stereotypes. All things damaging for us normal homosexuals who want to actually integrate into society with the people we love instead of whore out for attention.
>>
File: johnwaters.jpg (119KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
johnwaters.jpg
119KB, 500x686px
A dumb libtard straight friend dragged me to one to see pre-drag race RuPaul years ago.
It was boring... I was bored.. lots of fat sweaty lesbians and chubby bottoms everywhere wearing bright colors.
my friend kept giving me dirty/disappointed looks like he expected me to miraculously transform into a glitter farting rainbow unicorn from the magic of pride. I think he confused me being a "normal" person (weirdo introvert loner) with me repressing some fabulous stereotype final form.

We didn't stay friends for very long... actually he was only my friend because I thought his brother was hot.
I talked the brother into letting me suck his dick once. I think that makes me gay enough to qualify for a membership card.
>>
>>8370836
Me at 18, first year in college. I had the best friends, the best family and the best boyfriend. I had everything. I knew that not all was ok. Meet a girl and i liked her. Mexican and religious families can be so cruel with gay people, so the my get mad. My friends get mad. My boyfriend get mad.
My relationship with the girl finished a couple years latter when she start to be violent with me. I had nothing then. But i did what i want, when i want, and dont be sorry for that.
>>
What does one *do* at pride? I don't actually understand the actions one takes as the process of enjoying pride parades.

Like, is it a "Macy's Thanksgiving day parade" kind of thing where the object is to get a good view and watch cool things walk down the street?
Or is it like a street festival where roads are closed off to make room for vendors and musicians and you walk around from cart to cart eating food or dancing or whatever?

I genuinely don't know what one does at pride.
>>
>>8379779
Either or both.
Depends on the city and what the organizers decide to do.
One year my crappy city's dumb faggot organizers were being such ridiculous drama queens that they ended up throwing two separate events.
I didn't go to either, but I heard they were terrible.
>>
>>8379779
Confused people use it as an excuse to prance around in little to no clothing, promoting an over-sexualized society. Anyone that disagrees with them is "transphobic/homophobic/bigot".

In a nutshell.
>>
>>8376243
>>8373211
this sounds like the mots degenerate disgusting shit ever

t. mtf
>>
>>8379846
I'd say they are being more in your face about their pride in being who they are.
>>
Pride is just a way to market to liberal white cishet women. Seriously look at that fucking picture in the OP holding up signs for channel 4 and universal studios. Floats are funded by big business to sell the the majority straight audience at the expense of gay men. They higher go-go boys (many of who are straight) to dance on the floats. They heir drag queens to be as outrageous as possible. And then society thinks we are a bunch weirdos and freaks.

Meanwhile all non-funded LGBT people in the parade are just walking in shorts and a t-shirt holding a sign for PFLAG or some other support group for gay people.

Rainbow oreos, rainbow whoppers, etc are all just so liberals can give themselves a pat on the back for being progressive while not actually helping the GLBT community.
>>
>>8379901
Corps will commercialize anything to make a buck.
>>
>>8379861
Note that it says 'gay' pride, not 'tranny' pride.
It's not for you.
>>
>>8380016
There are trans pride parades.
>>
>>8380058
Yes, and they are not what is being discussed here.
Get your T out of our LGB.
>>
>>8380171
the op doesn't limit it to LGB only.
>>
>>8371030
>to keep police from being uniformed in the parade
That was a demand? Wasn't it the compromise? I'm presuming they wanted the police completely excluded.
>>
I've gone every year for eleven years or so. just go, it's nothing interesting unless you live in a small enough shithole that people get mad at gay people.

in bigger cities it's mostly about the shows and bar/club scene on pride weekend. Great way to get laid
>>
I was on my city pride parade yesterday. It was underwhelming. Since I passed (MtF) I just looked like plain old lesbian and no ones gave me any attention (I'm straight anyway).
>>
I went last year, and one of my friends dragged two of his friends along who didn't want to be there at all. Kind of put a damper on the whole thing, so if they pull that shit I'm not going. I have no idea why some people try to force Pride on people who don't want to be there, it just makes it more miserable for everyone else.
>>
>>8384785
>It was underwhelming
>no ones gave me any attention
>>
>>8385019
>>8384785
This is why the T should stay out of the LGB parades.
>>
File: 1467597841867.jpg (59KB, 618x492px) Image search: [Google]
1467597841867.jpg
59KB, 618x492px
>>8371023
>>8371030
Oh yeah that was some huge bullshit. I doubt another blockade will be tolerated though.
>>
>>8379901
>all just so liberals can give themselves a pat on the back for being progressive while not actually helping the GLBT community.
this.

I mean we hit a point where we can safely conclude that lgbt rights exist because liberals wanted to piss off their conservative parents.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.