[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does actual trans acceptance look like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: peh.png (57KB, 318x197px) Image search: [Google]
peh.png
57KB, 318x197px
Sage if this has been asked and answered already.

So we all know there are two groups: the tumblrtier trannies that identify primarily as transgender and are ~out and proud~ and demand to be accepted, and the stealth trannies who just want a nice life and no dysphoria and to have a body of the opposite sex.

In my experience the first group wants "acceptance" of trans people to be tolerance or worship of girldick and pronoun affirmation and anyone being able to ID as trans or sometimes even gender abolition.

But what does the second group want, acceptance-wise? Is trans acceptance even on the menu since many of them dont even like being trans and rather wish they werent? Also what are the proportions of the trans population? I feel like more trannies are in the second group but i hate to say, most trans people ive associated with have been the former. I've never even known a second group tranny personally.
>>
>>8369477
>What does actual trans acceptance look like?
"AGP" being listed alongside straight, bi and gay when you sign up to a dating website.
>>
>>8369477
The second group may not want to be trans, but that doesn't invalidate being transgender, and deserving to be treated equal and fair as such.
>>
File: unrelated_janelle.jpg (26KB, 376x490px) Image search: [Google]
unrelated_janelle.jpg
26KB, 376x490px
>>8369477
As someone who hopes to be stealth at some point in the nearish future, I could see a potential future and culture where trans people are accepted without it being the dog and pony show that it is today. Basically, trans people would be treated the same way that LGB people are now, where it's no big D. No big D if you're stealth, no big D if you're out, whatever. And trans people would just accept that there are people who don't get it, and that they'll become fewer and farther between as time goes on, and it's not your job or responsibility to change their views. It's just not healthy for your life to revolve around educating people who don't care about you.

I think a lot of the arguments surrounding trans people today are mostly facilitated by their low self-esteem. It should be easy for them to say "okay some people don't want to fuck trannies, and that's their own deal and their own problem, not a problem with me", but of course it makes them feel like shit because it feels like an attack on their gender ("cis women are desired in ways that I'm not, that must mean I'm worth less than a cis woman", etc). But if they had more self-esteem, and a stronger self-concept ("I am a woman no matter what anyone thinks or says"), then it wouldn't be as much of an issue, and we would just put those people and those opinions in the garbage bin along with conservative Christian homophobes. It seems easy for gays and lesbians to do that with their detractors, because they have a much stronger support network and a more heavily fortified position in society I guess, but it took a long time for them to get there.

I think we'll get there too. And then maybe I won't need to be stealth. But for now, it's pretty much the only way to maintain your mental health in a world where you have to feel like a representative for trans people at all times, where you have to be ashamed of trans people who you feel don't represent you well. It's just too much political bullshit.
>>
>>8369570
>I could see a potential future and culture where trans people are accepted
How are we going to get there without the people who are willing to fight for it (group 1)
>>
>>8369477
Even if you belong to the second group and manage to pass, in most cases you can't avoid a situation where a lot of people know that you're trans. Your family, your friends, your classmates or cowokers, etc.
Also, if you're gonna seriously date someone, you'll most likely come out to them(pre-op/non-op or post-op with some common decency). And sometimes you have to undress in front of a doctor or your HRT and transition is important as part of your medical history
So, in general, no matter how well you pass and how stealth you are, there are gonna be situations when people's opinion on trans people will matter to you.
All those are situations where "acceptance" will matter, and the lack of it can turn your life into a living hell - make you a lonely outcast, cost you your job, your mental health and sometimes even your life.
>>
>>8369564
Why would assigned gay be listed in sexualities? It's no different to gay.
>>
I'm a 100% passing tranny, could go in stealth and desu, I understand why people would want to pretend not to be trans, but it makes me lose a lot of respect for you.

Like when the whole Brianna Wu thing started and she was desperate to hide the fact that she was a trans woman it just felt so wrong, like why is being a trans woman so shameful? Why do trans women have to be lower than cis women?

So yeah, to me real trans acceptance would be a world where people aren't ashamed of being trans and don't feel the need to hide it..
>>
As someone in the second group I just want to be treated as a woman. I accept there's difference between me and a cis woman. But trans acceptance for me is just to be treated like any other woman. I just want to be able to go into a shop and them to go "here's your change mam". And have all the encounters similar to that one. Is that really so bad?
I just want to be able to buy make-up and dresses without fear of how people would be.
I'm not saying I don't have that the majority of the time, regardless of what we have now, that's what a society that accepts trans people would look like to me.
>>
Just use my pronouns and don't be dick to me just because I'm trans.
That's really all I'm asking for and is that really too much too ask?
Like I'm in my early stag of transitioning but I already present female but I feel like people go out of their way just to hurt me.
Last time at Subway I was waiting in line and the cashier said "That'll be 6,99 brah and have a nice day dude."
Every other customer before me got the standard "That'll be 6,99 and have a nice day."
Why is it so much fun for them to hurt me?
I get it, I'm not normal but I just can't help it and I'm not brave enough to kms.
>>
File: floof.jpg (118KB, 700x670px) Image search: [Google]
floof.jpg
118KB, 700x670px
Almost next to no consensus on that but the second type probably wants:

>Informed consent model everywhere
>No misgendering
>Being able to go on HRT prior to 18 under that same informed consent model without spending years being "referred" around while people scratch their heads and go 'hrmmm...how are you do you know you're a transgendered? :^ )" when you've met the criteria for DSM-V
>Being able to publicly disclose you're trans without people going 'you're just a poor fit for the corporate culture' as they employ an octogenerian who struggles with Excel for IT support. Acceptance through tolerance generally much like gay people want.
>Being able to privately disclose you're trans without parents disowning you, hiding behind religion, hiding behind chromosomes, or hiding behind conspiracy theories to say "transgender doesn't exist" or discriminate against you. Acceptance through tolerance generally much like gay people want.
>Being able to come out to people without being shoved back in the closet while being told 'you should wait until you can make adult decisions' as you sign up for loans and to kill brown guys in a desert shithole hundreds of kilometres away
>Increased knowledge of what transitioning involves so we don't get people going "so now you've decided to become a gurl when are you going to get THE SURGERY(tm)? I don't wanna mutilate my dick...transitioning is permanent you know!"

Most trans people are the second type since only the loud obnoxious ones are of the former. You've have to be frequenting /pol/ and tumblr almost exclusively to come to the opinion all trans people are the former.
>>
>>8371467
>I understand why people would want to pretend not to be trans, but it makes me lose a lot of respect for you.
I guess you won't respect me but I've been stealth, and it was good at first, but I am getting sick of it. I've been ashamed of being trans and afraid of being rejected for being trans, and I've gotten increasingly isolated. I get scared to date or to get too close to friends, so I keep people at a distance and don't feel close to anyone. I'm trying to achieve a different balance in my life so I'm not hiding all the time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.