[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I like the way I look in the mirror but hate how I look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (32KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
32KB, 500x474px
Twist: I like how I look in videos
>>
More used to one than the other and it fucks you up or something, I think.
>>
>>8348514
I have the same problem when I look at myself in the mirror sometimes I think I look pretty good but I always look like shit in pictures
>>
>>8348523
Thats what people normally say, with the whole being flipped in mirrors but not photos but if that was it wouldnt I hate the vids too?
>>
It flips the image so it's from the perspective of someone looking and your face and not you looking at yourself in a mirror. This causes your brain to notice parts of you face you normally would not since you looks so foreign (crooked nose, weird teeth, bad part etc)

Why I try and take all my selfies with snapchat since it does not flip the image

but yes thats how you look to people
>>
The simple explanation is that your appearance is being distorted when you take pictures. Thats why the phrase "the camera adds ten pounds" exists. Professional photographers have better results because they know what lenses to use, what lighting is best, and how to position you.
>>
>>8348514
>using a millimeter lens and thinking it will accurately display your proportions
>vs a mirror that is just a reflection of what you really look like
Pictures can make you look worse than you do, but they can also be manipulated the opposite.
>>
>>8348609
Again though, why do videos look good to me then. Its all the same shitty tablet camera
>>
>>8348618
Movement gives a better perception of reality. Your brain will realize stuff that is out of proportion and yet won't think anything of it, because it can figure out what the event was really like, and you'll percieve it as such.

If it's a still image, your brain can misinterpret the proportions because it has nothing to gauge it by. Trannies will angle their pictures down so that their brow and jaw don't appear to stick out and your brain can piece it together as an attractive photo, but as soon as there is movement you can see the jawline, the brow, the depth and shape of the nose. Then of course there are lens sizes and angles and it just all creates different results.
>>
>>8348641
but that seems like the opposite of whats happening.

youre saying that in still photos the more mannish features are hidden by camera angle and then show themselves in a less controlled environment (video)

but what im saying is that the more manly feature seem emphasized to me in photos but I dont see them in video or the mirror

unless im reading your post wrong
>>
>>8348660
You are reading my post wrong. I'm saying that photos you don't have a full perception of what is going on so it can be perceived ugly in your case. With a video you have a better depth perception of what is going on and your brain ignores imperfections because it sees full motion, so you don't notice it.
>>
File: eh.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>8348531
>but yes thats how you look to people
So people see the creepy ugly ogre-hon and not the decent androgynous girl?

That's it. I am never going outside ever again.
>>
>>8348531
This is such a fucking stupid myth that was created just to demoralize people.
No, that's not how it fucking works. Mirrors are literally a reflection of what you look like at the moment and camera lenses distort things when taken from close.
>>
>>8348514
what kind of trannie likes how she looks at all, in any medium?

a very lucky one. I'm happy for you, anon.
>>
File: camera_lens_comparison.jpg (349KB, 1600x961px) Image search: [Google]
camera_lens_comparison.jpg
349KB, 1600x961px
>>8348876
It's a fact that mirrors reverse images displayed in them. It's not a myth, that's a fact.
The shit about "so you notice things you wouldn't otherwise notice" is unfounded.
You're correct about the lens diameter influencing the image output, though it's a bit misleading to say "distorts" as there is no real baseline; the human eye is comparable to a 50mm lens (on a DSLR) but the image of the world we see is not the "real" world but rather the result of some complex composition from our visual cortex compiled from many visual snapshots.
>>
File: 1415630737619.png (632KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1415630737619.png
632KB, 800x800px
>lighting
>lens distortion
>picture quality
>non-mirrored look
Honestly, the biggest problem here is probably that normies are shit at taking pictures and use the selfie cam on their phone (it's awful).
>>
File: eww.png (192KB, 473x488px) Image search: [Google]
eww.png
192KB, 473x488px
>>8349532
99% of the people on here should use the lowest quality camera they can find to take pictures of themselves tbqh
>>
>>8348514
camera lens distortion, mirror is more accurate as long as you stand 1.5 metres or more away from it
>>
File: 1495852672749.jpg (103KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
1495852672749.jpg
103KB, 500x474px
>>8348514
lemme fix that pic for you

you get a closer, more detailed image on your phone, so you see things people around you and you in the mirror may not see.

there's also the fact that the pic of you on your camera isn't mirorred, meaning that your
>>
>on the mirror
>on
what
>>
>>8351503
technically the image is on the surface of the mirror, so "on the mirror" would be grammatically correct
>>8351457
i was gonna say "meaning that you're not used to the face in the pic"
>>
cis white gay male here, i think i look better at the camera :P
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.