[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My sister has come out tonight as transgender (wants to be a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 14

My sister has come out tonight as transgender (wants to be a male). I supported her at the time because my parents didn't and I thought she needed some support, but truthfully I'm not really sold on it either. She's been seeing a therapist at her college who diagnosed her as transgender, but academics are way liberal and I don't think she really is.
A quick google search tells me that if she goes through with it she'll cut her tits off, get a penis attached, and become hairy and manly looking, which is kind of disgusting to me. She's pretty and feminine and I think she would ruin her body doing this.
I wouldn't have been so surprised if she'd just said she likes girls (which she said she does), but she's never seemed very masculine to me. She's rather feminine in fact.
>long hair
>frequently wears dresses
> wears makeup
> paints her nails
> has a nose piercing and multiple ear piercings
She was wearing a dress tonight for fuck's sake.
I'm probably going to talk to her in a few days when things calm down a bit and talk her out of it, but I wanted to see if you guys could offer any tips. I do want what's best for her, but I don't see mutilating her body as a healthy solution, or one that would actually even help her.
>>
>>8348450
Buy her a bowtie.
It's the rite of passage.
>>
>>8348450
you have a brother now, deal with it
>>
you'll just alienate him. accept him for who he is, don't make him feel bad just because you're uncomfortable with it.
>>
>>8348450
Probably transtrender, I wouldn't buy it
>>
I'd lose any respect for my sibling's brain-smarts if they tried to talk me out of it.
>>
>>8348460
I will always be her brother no matter what, but I really can't see her as a guy. She's so obviously a girl I don't know how she can't see it.
>>
>>8348450
It's not up to you so I guess too bad.
>>
>>8348450
>talk her out of it
Don't go to talk to them with that intention. If they are trans it would be really great if you accepted them. Just talk to them in a few days and see if this is what they really want and try to discuss all the bad things that can come from it. Make sure that they are certain but just don't come across like you're against them.
>>
>>8348450

I would just talk to her about it later like you said, try to remain neutral. If she is trans, she'll need your support, if she's just confused and has been "diagnosed" then just try to help her find her way in the world. Either way it sounds like it's a big deal for you to be there for her.
>>
>>8348450
Don't let her transition, anon. Why would anyone throw away a perfectly feminine body? Just as super masculine men shouldn't transition, super feminine girls shouldn't transition either. It's a waste and just creates a monster.
>>
Most that decide to come out as transgender probably are I mean if you're thinking of changing parts and stuff I believe it isn't to like get attention per se. She may be feminine but she can't help that, she probably really does want to be a guy but has been so caught up being a girl that she's good at it. Even if she isn't trans, and she goes through with it, that's on her. Just try and be supportive because she's probably caught shit already from other people and the last thing she wants to hear is that she's faking it or something. Plus it'd suck to lose a relationship because of what she decided what was best for her. (Sincerely a "butch" lesbian who seriously considered being ftm but won't because uneducated cis ppl are too hard to educate on these matters and fuck I'm too tired for that lmao) gl
>>
>>8348450
Even if she gets all the surgeries the worst case scenario would be (mostly) destransitioning and ending up becoming the hottest person anyone can be.
>shave off what little facial and body hair (s)he managed to grow
>get in titty skittles and grow boobs back
>boxy man shape turns back into womanly curves
>leave penis and balls attached
>hide the fact (s)he was born with a vagiggler
>become a billionaire by cam whoring as the most passable trap ever
>>
>>8348472
is she autistic in some way? there is high correlation
also if shes not real trans she'd be the first to hate getting masc and wont go thru with HRT
>>
>>8348472
mate news flash it dosen't matter what you see her/him as. the only thing that matters is if their happy - and if you still want them to see you as a friend/brother afterwards.
>>
>>8348450
I feel the same way about ftm (female-to-male) transitions. But I'm mtf so there's no way I can relate. When I used to watch transition videos, an ftm one would show up and I'd get a sick feeling in my stomach and feel like they're throwing they're lives away. Like, most things mtf related are reversible, but almost everything in an ftm transition is irreversible. It's horrific really. Like if I went through male puberty and male adulthood, but out of my own doing, I would cry myself to sleep at night because I would have destroyed my body.

I notice a lot of ftms don't actually start testosterone, but rather do social transition without hormones, which imo I think is a much better idea.
>>
>>8348498
u cant grow tissue that isnt there

once breast tissue is removed, its removed

and the ftm dicks are terrible, worse than mtf vags

ur post reeks of stupid
>>
>>8348498
>get in titty skittles and grow boobs back

you can't grow boobs back after you've cut them off
just as you can't grow a penis back after you've turned it into a vagina
>>
>>8348494
I'm not accusing her of faking exactly, I think she's a victim of liberal psychology. But thanks for your input.
>>8348500
I don't think so but she's kinda shy/anti-social at times
>>8348504
Yeah it's pretty disgusting what they do to themselves desu. If she just cut her hair and wear different clothes and wanted me to call her a guy it would be a lot more acceptable for me.
>>
File: that smug at the end.webm (2MB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
that smug at the end.webm
2MB, 640x800px
>>8348498
>Even if she gets all the surgeries the worst case scenario would be (mostly) destransitioning and ending up becoming the hottest person anyone can be.
You don't know how this kind of stuff works, do you? Maybe you should do a little bit more research, specially if you're trans yourself and think you can revert things that easily..

Also
>hot.
>>
File: 2017-05-22_00-46-49.jpg (49KB, 465x629px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-22_00-46-49.jpg
49KB, 465x629px
>>8348532
imagine this is your sister in a year from now. how does it make you feel?
>>
>>8348450
Congrats, your sibling has contracted Milo Stewart-ism. Slip something into her drink and find the nearest trash disposal.
>>
>>8348546
Disgusted. That person is ugly and weird looking.
>>
File: Milostewart.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Milostewart.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>8348560
>Implying this isn't the true model of maleness every cis guy would kill to be one day.

cis males can't compete, boyo.
>>
>>8348450
Your brother's transsexuality is caused by "autoandrophilia" which is where a straight girl's orientation is applied to themselves instead of to others. Essentially he wants to become his perfect man.
>>
>>8348592
I will tell her that. Does that mean she shouldn't transition and instead try to refocus her sexuality like a normal person?
>>
>>8348597
It can't be refocused but he will probably still be able to have relationships with guys as a girl without transitioning. Whether he can be content that way or not is hard to tell and might be impossible to know.
>>
File: IMG_3900.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3900.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>8348450
Transtrender scum after those sweet sweet virtue points

She is lost anon
>>
>>8348450
hey. picture yourself in his situation, stuck with the wrong bits. dysphoria is not a lot of fun. your sibling needs unconditional love and acceptance from somewhere right now.

if you want to do something nice for your sibling get them a packer. if they like wearing it its another bit of evidence, and its a way to test the waters. if they don't then thats a point against.
>>
>>8348597
Usually it ends in transition, it's just a different situation than what most people are used to since often people with those conditions are gender conforming somewhat but they feel significantly less freedom due to that. Like normal cis girls often have no problem wearing guys clothes but someone with AAP will get anxious and depressed about it due to body issues and thus they resort to being gender conforming because they feel as though society is enforcing them into that role.
>>
>>8348592
wait what isn't the brother into girls? aap is the wrong etiology there and also a dumb meme
>>
>>8348629
>isn't the brother into girls
Where did OP say that?
>>
>>8348629
AGP and AAP can cause pseudobiseuxality. Like tons of people that fap to tg erotica about forced fem or just transformation stuff often have gay thoughts cause much of the stories revolve around having sex with guys. Thus someone with AGP can easily be gay.
>>
>>8348639
>often have gay thoughts cause much of the stories revolve around having sex with guys
Rather, the stories often revolve around having sex with guys because they often have 'gay' thoughts.
>>
>>8348597
AAP is part of a two-type typology. Which means is doesn't apply to many/most.

>>8348592
[Citation needed]
You can't put words or made up experiences in the OP's sibling's mouth.

>>8348637
From OP:
>I wouldn't have been so surprised if she'd just said she likes girls (which she said she does)
>>
>>8348658
>Which means is doesn't apply to many/most.
Most FTMs are AAP.
>>
>>8348667
That may be true, but I feel like many just shoehorn trans people into a*p labels without really getting to know them
>>
>>8348667
And it's there a source for that which doesn't apply shoehorning or disbelief on the surveyor's part?
>>
>>8348675
>without really getting to know them
He wears dresses, makeup and nail polish.
>>
>>8348450
ok one thing nobody has mentioned, why the fuck do you care if your sister 'ruins' her body?
>>
>>8348450
You may be surprised to see how many transmen used to be very beautiful, feminine women. And they don't believe they are becoming disgusting or ruin. They may sacrifice girlish beauty because feeling correct is more important.
>>
>>8348689
I know. That's why I posted >>8348504. They sound like they'll regret hormonal transition no matter what. Their choice of clothing and makeup makes me think they don't really know what testosterone would do to their body.

My whole objection to the AAP thing was OP saying they'd tell their sister about it. Like sure discussing it isn't bad (even if awkward) but outright telling the sister that that's what she has is kinda rude right off the bat.
>>
>>8348705
Sad that such perfect women can be so delusional over their obsessive delusions. Not just this, anorexia too.
>>
>>8348717
There's no such thing as "perfect", and the opinion of beauty is relative.
>>
File: stock-photo-40926834.jpg (72KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
stock-photo-40926834.jpg
72KB, 800x800px
Go on, OP, "talk them out of it".

If you were there one voice of support in the family and you betray them, your brother will be set free. Without anyone holding them to the family they can cut you all out of their life and remake themselves.

The greatest gift you can bestow.
>>
holy shit what are people doing in this thread

are you people retarded

OP, the person you thought your sister has actually been your brother all along, raised as a girl. The sooner you see it and accept it the better. If you try to talk him out of it you will just alienate him and hurt him in the long run. He needs your unconditional support and love.
>>
>>8349266
>the person you thought your sister has actually been your brother all along

That may be true, but I've seen too many ftm's transitioning for male privelige and then later detransitioning because they don't like the actual mental and physical effects of testosterone. The fact that she wears feminine clothing and nail polish is a huge red flag. Testosterone will ruin her ability to do that in a socially acceptable way. At least social transition is reversible and would help her realize if she really wants this. Almost everything testosterone does is irreversible.

The whole internet trans culture of "take their word for it" and "get on hrt ASAP" is more applicable to mtfs than ftms. Not only is there a higher social cost of coming out as mtf (which means they're more likely to mean it), but the hormonal treatment is way more low-key than what trans men get.
>>
>>8349408
>male privelige
I love that word.
God damn males with their male only safespaces, not being forced into the most dangerous jobs, getting a promotion in place of someone that deserved it for their skills, being allowed to fuck up terribly and multiple times but still get a pat in the head, male only shelters that throw out young homeless MtF because "they aren't female" and so on.

Oh wait, those all those things are done by females.
First thing you learn when you transition as a FtM is that you will have to endure a lot of bullshit, trust me I'm an expert in this subject because I am one.
>>
>>8349408
As much as I don't want trenders taking t while still wearing dresses and nail polish, I went through a phase myself in middle school where I tried to dress and act very girly to repress. This made me severely depressed though, and my personality never really fit with "girly" so all the attempts I made mostly failed and were bad.
If she already came out as trans and STILL wears dresses and makeup, that is a red flag.
>>
>>8349408
>That may be true, but I've seen too many ftm's transitioning for male privelige and then later detransitioning because they don't like the actual mental and physical effects of testosterone.
Oh those poor people... They didn't know male privilege was just a meme. :(
>>
>wearing a dress to come out as ftm
Legitimate or not, that's really dumb.
>>
>>8349418
That's a really good point. I more meant that they see men as being more important, rather than having it easier.
>>8349420
It could be a red flag that reflects on the family too. Like she doesn't feel that she can present masculine around them. Being accommodating would be really helpful in this case
>>
>>8348450
>A quick google search tells me that if she goes through with it she'll cut her tits off, get a penis attached, and become hairy and manly looking, which is kind of disgusting to me.
So men in general are disgusting to you?

>She was wearing a dress tonight for fuck's sake.
Some trans men are former beauty queens and shit, repression is a hell of a drug. It's possible it's not legit, but this doesn't actually prove anything, even if it does make it a bit confusing on the surface.

>talk her out of it
Don't even try. If she's really trans, you'll just poison your relationship and possibly fuck up her life if you successfully prevent/delay her from getting treatment. And if she's not really trans, then she's a nutter who probably gets off on victimhood and you'll only make her dig her heels in harder.

>but I don't see mutilating her body as a healthy solution, or one that would actually even help her.
It is if she's actually trans.
Your issue here doesn't seem to be that you don't think she's really trans, but that transition in general freaks you out whether she's trans or not.
Realise that this is the professionally recognised medical treatment for a serious condition. Amputation isn't 'hacking off perfectly good limbs,' antidepressants aren't 'poisoning the brain with strange chemicals,' and transition isn't 'mutilating the body.' People don't undergo these procedures lightly. Have a think about how bad this person you love is suffering to consider these options.

If she's really trans (and being professionally diagnosed, she probably is) then this IS what's best. If you want to help her, just support her and make sure she doesn't change her name to Aiden.
>>
>>8348472
>but I really can't see her as a guy
Well duh, that's what hormones are for.
>hurr I can't wrap my head around being asked to completely flip my image of this person I've known most of my life, shut it down!
You'll get used to it, relax.
>>
>>8349999
>So men in general are disgusting to you?
A female body masculinized isn't a male body.
>>
>>8348597
>I will tell her that.
Little life advice, don't mindlessly regurgitate shit you read on 4chan IRL.
>>
>>8349505
>That's a really good point. I more meant that they see men as being more important, rather than having it easier.
In all fairness, cis women who transition for ideological reasons and inevitably regret it often DO think that men have it easier. They're wrong, but that's often what they think.
>>
File: BVZa_IMCMAAKypw.jpg (22KB, 438x455px) Image search: [Google]
BVZa_IMCMAAKypw.jpg
22KB, 438x455px
>>8350012

So what?
>>
>>8350033
The permanent effects of T serves them right for their idiocy.
>>
>>8350033
I really wonder how common it is though. It seems to me like it's likely a tiny group of individuals that just bitched loud enough and long enough to amplify their voices.
>>
>>8348544
Is this reverse hon?
>>
The case is reported of a gender dysphoric patient who responded successfully to pharmacotherapy with pimozide.

CLINICAL PICTURE:
An adult male patient with a borderline learning disability presented with cross-dressing and a strong wish to undergo a sex change.

TREATMENT:
Supportive psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy with pimozide was tried.

OUTCOME:
There was an excellent response to pimozide 2 mg daily, with a cessation of both cross-dressing and the wish for sex reassignment. When, after 1 year, the dose was reduced to 1 mg daily, there was a rapid return of the cross-dressing and the wish for sex reassignment. An increase in the dose again led to a remission which has been maintained since then
CONCLUSION:
Pharmacotherapy with pimozide should be considered in cases of doubtful gender dysphoria.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957
>>
>>8350180
>A single case of "doubtful gender dysphoria" in a male
>relevant to OP in any way
>>
>>8348450
>>frequently wears dresses
>> wears makeup
>> paints her nails
So what? You think men don't do those things because they're inherently unmanly? No, they don't do them because of social pressures. Your brother has been socialized as a woman his whole life, so it's not really surprising he would dress like one. And plenty of men have long hair and piercings.
>>
>>8350180
It "cures" dysphoria (if that's what the patient had, since there was no actual diagnosis) by mentally numbing them to the point of being unable to experience anything. You could get the same result by lobotomy or other brain damage.
>>
>>8350246
So much for the trans narrative of being extremely effeminate as a kid!
>>
>>8350292
>narrative
How does "different people are different" manage to trigger you so much, for breaking your propaganda, that you go accuse people of performing life-long propaganda performance pieces?
>>
>>8350323
No, that's literally the mainstream view of what trans is among psychological and psychiatric professionals.
>>
>>8350341
>No, that's literally the mainstream view of what trans is among people who don't know what trans is

ftfy
>>
>>8350341
I'm going to have to go ahead and say you're full of shit and will believe anything anyone tells you.
>>
>>8348503
nobody likes you
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>8350351
>is among people who don't know what trans is
>you cant opine on trans issues unless you are trans
>>
>>8350409
That's not what she said, learn to read.
>>
>>8350409
https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria

>While some children express feelings and behaviors relating to gender dysphoria at 4 years old or younger, many may not express feelings and behaviors until puberty or much later. For some children, when they experience puberty, they suddenly find themselves unable to identify with their own body. Some adolescents become unable to shower or wear a bathing suit and/or undertake self-harm behaviors.
>>
>>8350351
>>8350352
Not arguments.
>>
>>8350422
But the fact that professionals don't think gender non-conforming behavior is being trans is an argument. You were wrong, deal with it.
>>
>>8350341
>>8350292
Not sure if this is what you're >implying, but the fact that childhood gender nonconformity is one sign of being trans doesn't mean it's the be all end all.
It used to be, but that was back when transition was reserved only for the most committed and viable, and when trans people fed into that narrative by learning and sharing the right things to tell your doctor in order to get treatment.
Do most trans people show childhood gender nonconformity? I'd assume so. Doesn't mean anyone who didn't isn't trans, there are always going to be outliers.
And things also look different when you're not the one experiencing it - a FTM might look back on their childhood and remember feeling masculine, wanting to be a boy, being excited at the misplaced expectation of growing a beard, things no one else can see. Meanwhile their parents (or in this case brother) just see a normal little girl who is happy with the pink clothes they dress her in, the feminine toys they buy her, the things they can see. Because why would they assume she's anything but a normal little girl?

It's like when someone kills themselves from depression and everyone is in shock, remembering them as such a happy person, because they weren't able to see what else was going on underneath the surface. Obviously that doesn't mean that the person wasn't really depressed, just because no one remembers seeing them that way.
>>
File: 1481873409202.jpg (53KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
1481873409202.jpg
53KB, 600x445px
>>8350414
did you just assume their gender??
or are you just samefagging
>>
>>8350417
whats your point?
>>
>>8350521
?
what do you mean. You said something is the view of psychiatrists and I proved you wrong.
>>
>>8350541
I meant that you didnt prove me wrong
I never said anything was the view of psychiatrists, I was actually pointing out how that anon did exactly that

if anything that article supports op's point, that his sister might not really be trans
>>
>>8350562

I'm just a spectator jumping in here, but is this whole post chain making "who's on first" level sense to anyone else or is it just me?
>>
>>8350562
>that's literally the mainstream view of what trans is among psychological and psychiatric professionals.
>I never said anything was the view of psychiatrists

which part of the article supports op's point.
you do realize op's sibling was diagnosed by a medical professional right.
>>
I thought that "mtfs are mean to ftms" was just a meme, but I was proven wrong.
>>
>>8350571
I dont know who's on first
>>
>>8348460
This.

Either way, you don't have a sister anymore. You can either accept that you have a brother, or you can drive him away from you by being an asshat.
>>
>>8348504
>being this much of a mentally ill faggot
>>
>>8350541
>and I proved you wrong.
Delusional.
>>
>>8350511
Nah, I just recognize her trip from /mtfg/.
And honestly, on this board it's pretty safe to assume tripfags are mtf if I didn't.
>>
>>8348450
Being feminine pre-transition might not mean anything. I grew up as a girl and overcompensated all the time: long hair, dresses, high heels, painted nails, the complete package.
I've been fully transitioned into a man now for a couple years and I'm a hell of a lot happier this way.

I've been told the same things you say about your sister: "you're pretty and feminine" "you're ruin your beautiful body" "you'll become disgusting" etc. But do you know how she's feeling about her body? Cause you make no mention of it.
>>
>>8348544
this is so funny
>>
>>8350599
You really can't win either way.
I was a tomboy from the get-go, continued to be gender-nonconforming throughout the teen years and people loved to pull the whole "being butch doesn't make a man" thing.
>>
>>8350597
>claims psychiatrists claim X
>posts a page of the website of the APA directly contradicting claim
>y-you're delusional

ok honey
>>
>>8350580
>the meme arrows are meant for quotes, I mean you even took that post from the OP so you know its not what I said. im not that anon

the part that says people with dysphoria dont like to act as the gender they were born with
>long hair
> wears makeup
> paints her nails
> has a nose piercing and multiple ear piercings

>you do realize op's sibling was diagnosed by a medical professional right.
yes, from her liberal college
Ive been misdiagnosed before, it can happen you know?
especially when you want to be diagnosed something on purpose. be it subconciously or not, whatever
>>
>>8350633
While gender non-conforming behavior supports a diagnosis of gender dysphoria, it's not required at all and the fact that OP's sibling isn't outwardly gender non-conforming doesn't prove anything about the diagnosis being wrong.
>>
>>8350589
How so?
>>
>>8350633
>the part that says people with dysphoria dont like to act as the gender they were born with

can you copy paste the specific quote?
Because it doesn't say that anywhere in the article I linked.

I know an ftm who is on T for two years and had top surgery. Very happy with both of those. He's also a drag queen.
>>
>>8350657
There are several spiteful comments in the middle-top of this tgread that were made by angry mtfs who appear very jealous of female bodies.

Of course I' m not that dumb to generalise this behaviour on all mtfs vut until now I thought that these spiteful trannies were only a meme, not something existing.
>>
>>8350676
It's still a bit of a meme. Sure, there's bitter fucks on both sides that exist, but there's plenty of mtfs and ftms that get along.
>>
>>8348504
>I notice a lot of ftms don't actually start testosterone, but rather do social transition without hormones, which imo I think is a much better idea.
Not for people with body dysphoria you wanker.

For FtMs the irreversibility is a good thing. They want a male body. Obviously it's going to make you uncomfortable if you're MtF just like FtMs are going to be uncomfortable seeing MtFs permanently remove their facial hair and stuff.
>>
>>8350689
Uh, I'm not trying to sit here and be like "I'm better than you", but I'm ftm and mtf transition has never made me uncomfortable. I realize it's their body and it's what they need. It seems a bit self-centered to not be able to see beyond your own wants and to not be able to put yourself in someone else's shoe. Yeah, I'd swap bodies in an instant but since that's not happening, I don't get this whole "ruining themselves thing".
>>
>>8350676
Anon, this is 4chan.
People are going to be dicks to each other.
I have had a ton of FtM be very mean to me because I wasn't really a woman, etc etc.

And to be honest, the spiteful comments in this thread hurt way less than what FtM usually do. They are very good at picking things that will hurt you, being called gross and other things really hurt, specially if you're a girl (albeit not cis).

If there's one thing that continues the same for FtM is that their way of being nasty to people is the same as women do and boy, women are really good at hurting feelings of others. Men just call you a faggot or punch you.
>>
>>8350702
yeah lol, idk why people have zero capability to empathize.
>>
File: confused black guy.jpg (25KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
confused black guy.jpg
25KB, 600x512px
>>8350655
>While gender non-conforming behavior supports a diagnosis of gender dysphoria, it's not required at all
>literally the mainstream view of what trans is among people who don't know what trans is
nigga lmao have you ever been trans?
do you even dysphoria?
>>
>>8350779
I'm not arguing about the
>literally the mainstream view of what trans is among people who don't know what trans is
bit.
I'm saying the anon questioning the professional diagnosis merely because OP's sister isn't is wrong.
>>
>>8350666
yes, sassy man in a dress
>they suddenly find themselves unable to identify with their own body. Some adolescents become unable to shower or wear a bathing suit

>I know an ftm who is on T for two years and had top surgery. Very happy with both of those. He's also a drag queen.

you know a freak, if he is happy that way then who cares but he is a special snowflake different from every kid that suffers from dysphoria
im not saying he doesnt have it, im saying that those people are gross and icky and have no chill. those people are broken, corrupted
would you be happy if your ftm son led the life he is leading? no? well dont worry about it because its just a phase, once he is too old to be weird and wacky he will regret it, you get tired of being surrounded by those people
those people being self indulgent people with loud opinions and no respect for others and their opinions, you are with them or against them
>>
>>8350819
The fuck are you on about?
A guy liking makeup and sewing or a girl liking guns and trucks doesn't mean they aren't guys or girls, your interests and hobbies don't determine your gender, nor does clothing preferences. This applies to trans people too.
>>
>>8350806
me neither
>I'm saying the anon questioning the professional diagnosis merely because OP's sister isn't is wrong.
I dont get this sentence

anyway, from what op says im highly skeptical of her sister's diagnosis

If I was trying to be constructive id advise OP to talk with her sister, but talk honestly because its too easy to misinterpret his very valid skepticism with unsupportiveness and even transphobia if you are imaginative enough. her sister might not be trans and be happy transitioning so that could happen
also she could be tru trans, or not whatever
>>
>>8350819
>Some

> those people are gross and icky and have no chill

that's just your internalized transphobia though

>would you be happy if your ftm son led the life he is leading?
well his parents are pretty supportive.

>those people being self indulgent people with loud opinions and no respect for others and their opinions, you are with them or against them

that's you though. This guy is literally just living his life, it's you who's getting mad about it on a siberian ice-sculpting board.
>>
>>8350848
Okay, I may have gotten lost at some point, but anon is questioning the professional diagnosis simply because OP's sibling is feminine and dresses femininely, etc.
This proves nothing about whether OP's sibling is trans or not, the diagnosis does not become doubtful because of this.
Feminine dudes exist, feminine trans dudes exist. Also we haven't heard things from OP's sibling's point of view, we have no idea what they are actually feeling at all.
The skepticism of OP is not valid.
>>
>>8350702
Yeah, I don't know why I phrased it the way I did. I'm not personally bothered by it and I know a lot of people aren't. FtM and MtF transition are fundamentally the same; in a sense they're not even going in a different "direction", since it's really from the body you're uncomfortable with to the one you're comfortable with. At the same time, having an irrational emotional reaction to something like that (which doesn't take into account the context because it's irrational) is understandable. Though I got the impression that the poster I was replying to genuinely can't understand why FtMs would transition.

>>8350492
This.

>>8348450
How much have you actually discussed this OP? Have they told you exactly why they're transitioning (in particular how they feel about their female sexual characteristics)?
>>
>>8350835
>A guy liking makeup and sewing or a girl liking guns and trucks doesn't mean they aren't guys or girls, your interests and hobbies don't determine your gender
no it doesnt
>nor does clothing preferences
neither

so we agree, but what about the main symptom of transgenderism? body dysphoria? depression? those things dont exist?
im not proving anything, im just thinking with you

doesnt it feel weird that someone who's trans doesnt act trans? who am I to question them? but on the other hand why can I question them?
I question them and people attack me with premises I agree so whats the point?
cant my concern or opinion coexist with these facts?
what could be happen is that op is delusional and lying, why would he do that is beyond me but it could happen
also, his sister could be taking advise from a bad therapist or conciously try to convince people into believing she's trans
that could also happen

im not a judge, im just saying things, im not deciding whether she gets the treatment or not
I dont care, I say go for it
>>
>>8350180
>"cures" dysphoria by reducing patient to catatonic state where they can neither think nor do anything via massive dosage of a largely not used antipsychotic
>reduction of this dosage immediately causes dysphoria to return
>sample size of 1
go back to /pol/
>>
>>8350707
I sure hope this is just 4chan. Comments here are awful.
>>
>>8350849
>internalized transphobia
oh boy, you played the internalized transphobia card? wow, ok
I can be twice as cancer as you are but I choose not to because although I might have a freudian slip from time to time, I try to give you a space for your arguments and logic
dealing with your fallacies just wastes my time and makes you feel like you did something productive when you are actually being retarded on purpose for the sake of winning an internet argument

>well his parents are pretty supportive.
if he was my son id be supportive as well because life sucks and sometimes your son is a doctor and sometimes he is a ftm drag queen and there's nothing you can do about it

>that's you though. This guy is literally just living his life, it's you who's getting mad about it on a siberian ice-sculpting board.
no, thats you though

try arguing with that, fun isnt it?

im not mad about the ftm drag queen, let him be
you brought him up and now you are accusing me of being mad because I acknowledge that you brought him up and gave my opinion on the subject? I feel like I fell for a trap of some sort, like maybe this person isnt real at all
my friend the mtf thats also a drag king always told me to watch out for liars on the internet
>>
>>8348675
it's fun to do this.
>>
>>8350666
>expecting 4channers to believe in consensus by experts
it's pointless sertii, for some people here caraposter threads have 100 times more validity regarding what defines being trans than the consensus of the entire psychiatric community. Why believe some elitist "scientists" who have studied this topic their entire lives when you can trust the world of a a screaming 20 year old imbecile on an imageboard?
>>
>>8350905
ok well your post is terrible but at least we've concluded that your original point was wrong

>>8350909
honestly sometimes I wonder how some people here are even capable of breathing but they somehow manage it??? so idk good for them
>>
>>8350876
you're basically just twisting the entire argument to try to support op's ridiculous transphobic ideas.

op mentioned nothing but their brother's clothes, there's nothing to indicate in op's post that their brother doesn't have gender dysphoria, in fact, it seems they don't even live together or talk to each other much.

you're playing some nonsensical devil's advocate game here except you're basing it on no evidence besides "he wears a dress" while simultaneously conceding that sometimes trans people might not fully conform to the gender norms of the gender they're transitioning to YET continuing to agree with op based on "well maybe they just arent truly dysphoric, It Is A Mystery".
>>
>>8350923
I wouldn't be surprised if the sibling was only wearing a dress for the parents, and has started dressing more masculine away from the family.
>>
>>8350923
>transphobic
so you decided that op is transphobic? when?

>op mentioned nothing but their brother's clothes, there's nothing to indicate in op's post that their brother doesn't have gender dysphoria, in fact, it seems they don't even live together or talk to each other much.
>brother
>he
lmao you reek of insufferable tranny
remember that she is still a she, for all we know she didnt go through with it yet
so stop your wishful thinking

>op mentioned nothing but their brother's clothes
literally, literally deluded
how can I argue with someone that is insane?
whats more insane than denying things you know are true? because you thought it wasnt true? thats literally what insane people do
you even acknowledge it in your own post, like wtf

>there's nothing to indicate in op's post that their brother doesn't have gender dysphoria
there are things that make you question her dysphoria tho
more importantly, there's nothing to indicate that op's sister has dysphoria except what she says
am I not allowed to be skeptic of her opinion? arent you or shouldnt you be? you know the harms of transitioning while not being trans?

>you're playing some nonsensical devil's advocate game here
you are building a awful strawmen fallacy here, whatever it is I am doing why not just point it out?
you dont have to call anyone names, especially if you are pretending to be the bigger man (wich im sure you are)

> It Is A Mystery
it is for us
did you know that there's no objective truth? and that all we heard was said by OP? why arent doing anything at all in this thread, we wont decide whether she gets the treatment or not
>>
>>8350909
>its pointless
yeah it is, it wouldnt be if you were right tho

your safe space is built on fallacies
>>
>>8350968
>blanchardianism is right because 4chan isn't a safe space
excellent thinking skills there dumbass instead of reaching scientific consensus via empirical research and testing among the scientific community we'll just create the least safe space possible and whoever shouts the loudest is right, after all, it seems you think blanchardian posters and cara are right just because 4chan is not a "safe space".
>>
>>8350961
oh, I'm arguing with someone who doesn't even know the basics of tranny shit. You wrote this huge post and literally everything here is... garbage? like, it would've been more constructive if you rolled a barrel full of flaming shit into my front yard. "There's nothing to indicate this person has dysphoria" dude people don't come out to their family as fucking trannies on a whim lmao, it's not exactly a simple thing you do because you were bored. OP literally just dislikes his brother and has said they barely even talk, as far as I'm concerned you're trusting a biased source and not questioning because... I don't know, actually? Maybe you're simply insane? Maybe you have an agenda? Maybe you're just fucking dumb as hell? Truly a mystery for the sages.
>>
>>8350961
>so you decided that op is transphobic? when?

here we go:
>but truthfully I'm not really sold on it either
translation: trans identities are only valid insofar as cis people are convicned
>which is kind of disgusting to me
translation: trans man bodies are disgusting to me
>he's never seemed very masculine to me. She's rather feminine in fact.
translation: trans people are not allowed to have identities that do not closely align with stereotypical identities of the gender they identify as, whereas cis people can do whatever they want and no one questions their gender

>remember that she is still a she, for all we know she didnt go through with it yet
if he identifies as a man, then he is a man and it is irrelevant in what phase of transition he is in.

>there are things that make you question her dysphoria tho
there aren't.

>there's nothing to indicate that op's sister has dysphoria except what she says
and that is enough

>am I not allowed to be skeptic of her opinion?
no, because you are not him

>you know the harms of transitioning while not being trans?
yeah, dysphoria, what OP's brother is very obviously feeling right now.
You're basically arguing that cis people are more important than trans people. You would rather a trans person not transition and keep their dysphoria over a cis person transitioning and getting dypshoria. That's literally saying cis ppl are more important than trans people.
OP's brother will know perfectly well what the side effects of T are before he gets on it.
>>
> wears makeup
> paints her nails
He's obviously an AGP trans guy
He loves the dress and makeup because it sexually arouses him.

Trust me on this I am an expert on AGP FTMs
t. expert on AGP FTM s
>>
>>8351068
What exactly is an AGP ftm?
>>
>>8351068
AAP FTM != AGP FTM
>>
File: AAP transgirl.jpg (173KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
AAP transgirl.jpg
173KB, 1200x800px
>>8351068
>AGP FTM

If I was an AGP FtM I would literally hyper feminize myself and wear the sluttiest clothes a woman could and the best part is that I technically already have the body for it.

I wouldn't even touch testosterone I would just go full bimbo...

AGP FtM is the same as some MtF that wants to look like the rock.
It doesn't exist, you have other issues that aren't trans related, anon.
>>
>>8350925
This. He could easily be full boymode when he's away at college for all we know.
>>
>>8351085
* wears dresses
* wears panties
* paints his nails
* wants to be called a sissy faggot or something by his dominatrix
>>
>>8351090
>If I was an AGP FtM I would literally hyper feminize myself and wear the sluttiest clothes a woman could and the best part is that I technically already have the body for it.
That's what OP's brother is doing, duh.
>it doesn't exist
That's Blanchardphobic, son.
>>
>>8351110
No anon, I really mean it.
And let's not start this discussion about the 73 different genders and spirit animals.

Also I'm not even discussing about OP sister/brother whatever.
I need you to help me understand why, someone would be AGP and FTM.
The same way I would love to meet an AAP MtF for the keks. Like, can you imagine the mountain from game of thrones saying he's a girl but shooting testosterone on himself?

Why even "transition" and take HRT if you literally want to be the gender you are born? That's not really being trans sorry, that's some extra bagga you have, maybe some other kind of psychological issues that got mixed in.
>>
>>8350979
>this is what you said and its wrong!! ha I win!
I never said any of those things, its like you are replying to someone else
>>
>>8351137
im an AAP mtf

wanting to be a boy is not the same as wanting to be a girl pretending to be a boy
>>
>>8351147
absolutely ebin
>>
>>8351151
So you're saying you take estrogen a month then take testosterone for 2 months to go back to ground zero or what?

Do I Need to get a trip and talk about my fursona with you guys too? I made a futanari cowgirl on corruption of champions once.
>>
>>8350689
>>8350702
>>8350709
Not going to say I was right to post that because it was very generalized and nonapplicable to most ftms. But it's just something I've seen with masculinizing therapy where some of them are initially very excited about testosterone, but then feel grief because they feel like it's erasing themselves. You can say I lack empathy, whatever. But these were youtubers and forum posters that by their own admittion, were ruining themselves. What else was I supposed to think when I saw that? Yeah, they obviously weren't the kind of ftms that had anatomical dysphoria, but we don't know what kind of dysphoria OP's brother had. The push for quick informed consent and the "just do it," attitude goes too far.

When it comes to masculinizing therapy vs feminizing therapy, one is mostly permanent whereas the other one mostly isn't. A lot of care needs to be put into determining if he wants testosterone therapy. If he got his diagnosis as easily as I got mine, then I can be certain it wasn't hard to get at all. All the trans men as non-binary people I know irl are just socially transitioning without the hormones. I think OP's brother would benefit from that.

He may have been socialized to unwillfully wear female attire. But if he actually enjoys it and doesn't want to give it up, then he might be really unhappy when testosterone kicks in. But again we don't even know what kind of dysphoria he has.
>>
>>8351182
nah i take estrogen, i just like wearing female clothes that are more boyish i guess. I don't like make-up either.

>>8351243
saying op's brother should transition in any way he wishes to is not at all the same as saying that we dount op's brother's transness, which is the point we are arguing against
>>
>>8351182
That's not what it means, dork. I get off to the idea of seeing myself as a sexy boy but I don't actually want to be a boy.
t. femboy (a.k.a. AAP mtf)
>>
>>8351243
Well, here's the thing though. We can't go any further without knowing more about OP's sibling or making assumptions.

Saying OP's sibling shouldn't transition because they present femininely around their family at the moment is retarded.

And OP doesn't sound like he really understands the issue here. His objection has nothing to do with understanding dysphoria.
>>
>>8351291
Also, going back and reading OP, he just assumed that's what his sibling is going to do. All that's actually happened is the sibling coming out as transgender to the family. There's no actual confirmation his sibling wants T, they might just be socially transitioning like you say.
>>
>>8351271
>nah i take estrogen, i just like wearing female clothes that are more boyish i guess. I don't like make-up either.

Ok anon that makes more sense but it still doesn't make you a boy at all. At worst you're basically a tomboy.

And even so, just not wearing makeup but still being a girl doesn't really make you a boy.

I know sexuality and so on is not black and white and yada yada but seriously you're a girl. just not one that likes to frilly stuff.

Same way I think about that FtM anon, he probably is just a boy that is not big into super manly shit but he's still a boy no?
>>
>>8351321
ok im kinda memeing with you, I'm not AAP i'm just a huge dyke.

AAP and AGP labels for anything other than a minor sexual fetish are stupid anyway
>>
>>8351331
>AAP and AGP labels for anything other than a minor sexual fetish are stupid anyway

I agree with that, I just find weird as fuck when some random anon starts talking about their kinks defining their gender.

Fuck, I'm into some kinky shit but that doesn't turn me into FtM or MtF or cis.. the kinky shit is just the cherry on top but not what defines the package.

>>8351288
>That's not what it means, dork. I get off to the idea of seeing myself as a sexy boy but I don't actually want to be a boy.
>t. femboy (a.k.a. AAP mtf)

I get the idea but I don't think you should consider a fetish as your gender, basically you don't need to transition to get off. do you? You reminded me of a girl that went to uni with me, she was super cool but was a huge fujoshi, she basically cross dressed every single day but wasn't trans in her case. I think that alone was enough for her kink.
>>
>>8351347
AAP/AGP is not a gender but a fetish.
>>
>>8351331
>AAP and AGP labels for anything other than a minor sexual fetish are stupid anyway
Proof?
>>
>>8351347
>I agree with that, I just find weird as fuck when some random anon starts talking about their kinks defining their gender.

are you new around here? It's like the biggest meme. It's so fucking stupid. We have this clique of idiots who claim their pseudoscience is reality and it's just not accepted by mainstream psychiatry because?????

people like this >>8351366
>>
>>8351386
>No proof
Didn't think so.
>>
>>8350991
>people don't come out to their family as fucking trannies on a whim
idk about that, you get like a lot of opression points
>it's not exactly a simple thing you do because you were bored
Id love to hear your opinion on agp people

>OP literally just dislikes his brother and has said they barely even talk
wew lad
its amazing how you inmediatly say this afterwards

>as far as I'm concerned you're trusting a biased source and not
questioning because... I don't know, actually?
oh jeez, why are you like this? I dont understand, being you must be awful
I can take the time to tell you what you did but whats the point you will just do it again, you are a mean person. either that or you are insane
its ok to lose sometimes, sometimes you just have to let go you know?

you can see me question OP as much as his sister, because she is still a she as far as we know (I get it tho, "she" is accurate but you call her "he" because things dont have to be accurate to be true if you want them to be true). im not trusting anyone, not op, not his sis, not her psychiatrist, not you. that is the best thing you can do
I listened to everything you had to say and I believe I had a reply for everything, can you say the same?
its not about the girl honestly because its as simple as: it doesnt really matter, we are anonymouse ppl in a contest to see who can wishful-think the hardest, but no one likes that, everyone wants to be right
I dont, I know my opinions are just opinions and that you dont like them but you struggle because I can acknowledge that and you cant
you are wrong, grow up. im too, everything is subjective and the one who wins is always the one that can argue better

> Maybe you're simply insane? Maybe you have an agenda? Maybe you're just fucking dumb as hell? Truly a mystery for the sages.
na im just better than you
>>
File: aid784172-7.jpg (23KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
aid784172-7.jpg
23KB, 620x413px
>>8351000
>translation:
>strawmen fallacy:

you are rotten inside, thats her fucking brother. if you knew this person you mightve made her cut all contact with her own brother because you translate his transphobia for her. its so fucking sad, it makes me rage that you say these things. its like you are actually evil, the damage you are willing to do for literally no purpose other than fuck you is amazing. whats worse is that your mindset is fucking air-tight, as long as you believe yourself to be the warrior of acceptance and equality, you allow yourself to be a monster. I hope you havent done much damage irl because shit like this have consecuences you are responsible for and you should feel responsible for.

id honestly try my hardest to be your friend, how amazing would it be that you could call me your friend? it would never happen right?
its not possible, literally you would never be my friend and that makes me sad because I think you are a good person with good intentions and I hope that you can hear what I had to say, even if I was autistic or retarded because if you can do that then you can see beyond what everyone else sees and everything is much much better. people stop being evil and retarded and things get so complex that you understand why your opinion is more wrong than it should be :^)
>>
>>8351155
I did it first tho and when I did it made sense
I dont know what ur doin bro
>>
>>8348450
>I wouldn't have been so surprised if she'd just said she likes girls (which she said she does), but she's never seemed very masculine to me. She's rather feminine in fact.
a lot of people who feel the way she claims to try out the far opposite end of how they feel, and a lot go into denial so hard they end up there, and a lot think that going to the opposite they'll fix themselves
that said, if she's still continuing acting feminine after this announcement, I'd be a little wary
if you know she can't pass, I'd tell her, carefully
>>
>>8348450
It sounds like she's probably not trans but you really should encourage her to take testosterone so the stupid cunt gets what she deserves when she realizes she fucked her body up.

Fake trannies deserve to have their bodies ruined as punishment for the intense harm they do to actual transgender people.
>>
>>8351563
what harm??
>>
>>8351486
>her

also dude what how am I evil for pointing out transphobia are you ok?
>>
>>8351575
ignore the trolls
>>
>>8350589
>>8350593
>>8350676
I don't know if you're the same person or if you're referring to me, but here: >>8351243
I'm not jealous of female bodies or spiteful of them. Just didn't want OP's bother to rush like I've seen other had.
>>
>>8351640
I wasn't talking about you anon, you weren't mean.
>>
>>8351583
>her
friday the 26, 23:20 she was a she
21 hours later you are 100% sure she is now a he

>also dude what how am I evil for pointing out transphobia are you ok?
because of how easily you call people transphobic. he is a concerned brother and I bet he loves his sister
as I said, you can do a lot of harm when you brand him as a transphobic. no one likes a transphobic, you wouldnt hang out with a transphobic. transphobic people are evil and they should be dead.

its sad because how you are so sure that you are doing the right thing, you cant see the damage you are capable of

the worst part is that people were so eager to exploit this that no one cares anymore.
now rape, misoginy, transphobia and all of those real issues are now a meme because everyone got called a rapist, misoginistic, transphobic
people never realized the magnitude of those words, they didnt learn their lesson

if you hate the haters then they will never stop hating you, you become the monster they say you are just so you make them angry

I dont hate you, you frustrate me because I think you have good intentions, intentions wich you use to selfishly opress those who you dont like
yes, you opress people. whether you are right or not, whether they deserved it or not you conciously replicate the same harm you complain about

let yourself consider the fact that you might be wrong whenever you have an opinion, if anyone did this the world would be a better place
>>
>>8351679
>friday the 26, 23:20 she was a she
>21 hours later you are 100% sure she is now a he
he identifies as a man though so its a he. Not accepting that is transphobia. You can either accept that you are transphobic and correct your mistake, or whine like an entitled baby.

>because of how easily you call people transphobic. he is a concerned brother and I bet he loves his sister
as I said, you can do a lot of harm when you brand him as a transphobic. no one likes a transphobic, you wouldnt hang out with a transphobic. transphobic people are evil and they should be dead.

?? pretty much all cis people are transphobic. You are as well. I don't say you should die, just that I dislike you and feel uncomfortable around you.

>if you hate the haters then they will never stop hating you, you become the monster they say you are just so you make them angry
nah that's liberal bullshit desu

>I dont hate you
but by doubting the gender of someone you implicitly put the validity of all trans people's gender up to question, which is a significant source of stress for all trans people and is in fact indirectly the reason many of us try to kill ourselves. Therefore, without knowing it, you do kinda hate trans people and therefore me.
>>
>>8351588
Transtrender spotted. Lel
>>8351575
Trans healthcare is entirely based around stopping people from getting trans healthcare because they want to prevent transtrenders from transitioning, and also because cis people view it as horrifying to switch ones gender or mess with ones genitals (evidenced by your OP post by the way, no offense), which is pretty bullshit considering the number of actual trans people going to these clinics is vastly higher than the very tiny handful of retards playing pretend.
>>
>>8351709
>he identifies as a man though so its a he. Not accepting that is transphobia.
she didnt pass tho, not yet. you just want to call her a he.
id rather be right than wrong, if she asked me to refer to her as a he from now on I would

you do more harm to transgender people than I could ever hope for
lets see the mental gymnastics you went through just to call me transphobic
> by doubting the gender of someone you implicitly put the validity of all trans people's gender up to question, which is a significant source of stress for all trans people and is in fact indirectly the reason many of us try to kill ourselves. Therefore, without knowing it, you do kinda hate trans people and therefore me.

transphobia means nothing now that everyone is transphobic

>nah that's liberal bullshit desu
you are hopeless

>?? pretty much all cis people are transphobic. You are as well. I don't say you should die, just that I dislike you and feel uncomfortable around you.
>us vs you
this mindset is responsible for nazism, racism, transphobia, and any sort of discrimination
you are the same as the people you complain about, wich is worse because it makes you a hypocrite

you are full of hate, you are robbie rotten inside
>>
>>8351658
Oh thanks, I was scared of asking to find out I was one of the bad ones. What a relief...
>>
>>8351771
I doubt the three edgy teens that fuck up and transition would have an impact but I wouldnt know so
thanks for the answer tho
>>
>>8351781
>she didnt pass tho, not yet. you just want to call her a he.
doesn't work that way, even most of this board manages to get this.
>this mindset is responsible for nazism
what the fuck
>>
>>8351781
>she didnt pass tho, not yet.
that's the thing tho, just because he doesn't pass as a guy doesn't mean he isn't a guy

>you do more harm to transgender people than I could ever hope for
nah

>transphobia means nothing now that everyone is transphobic
not everyone, only most cis people and society as a whole, in general.

basically
>transgender person wants to be accepted as their identified gender, on the same terms as any other cis person (i.e just by saying so)
>this mindset is responsible for nazism, racism, transphobia, and any sort of discrimination
really makes me think

>you are full of hate
for (you)
>>
>>8351791
They have a huge impact. All those "I transitioned back into a man" stories and shit, they hurt our image and even though they are so low in number compared to legitimate trannies, a single one provides quite a lot of ammunition for people to develop anti-tranny opinions related to "oh people regretting it is a thing, we better make sure nobody who would regret it gets through even though that will ruin the bodies of thousands of people lol"
>>
>>8351809
of course, I can see that happening
>>
>>8351807
>not everyone, only most cis people and society as a whole, in general.
its like you are not even trying anymore, post irony its not irony at all

>basically
>sentence
>unrelated sentence
>really makes me think

it makes me think that the day you run out of fallacies youd break down crying and apologize to the world for being so poisonous

cishets are your enemy (not all of them, only most cis people and society as a whole, in general) and you are theirs
you have the media tho and society on average backing you up
fast foward one hundred years and its planet of the apes but its queers instead of apes and everyone else instead of humans

Im starting to think you have no good intentions at all
you just pretend you are dumb, you are definetely evil and the world would be a better place without you
>>
File: 1476239115122.jpg (435KB, 570x748px) Image search: [Google]
1476239115122.jpg
435KB, 570x748px
>>8348450
OP.
Your sis has a big ass case of transtenderism. Happens a lot to youngsters at her age that also happens to be in highschool / college.

I don't wanna go full /pol/ here because they kinda hate me a lot since I'm a tranny myself but society nowadays has this thing of everyone is trans or has some kind of pangenderqueersnowflake disease.

Honestly, this kind of individual hurts actual trans people because they fuck up badly then people will start using them as examples. It's like if some random guy started asking for free cancer treatment without having it just to say lol jk fags~ and then people who needed help will get fucked because of that.

I don't think you can do much yourself though, if she wants to transition she will most likely get a pat in the back by a ton of retarded people with tumblr mentalities but in the end she can make her own choices even if it's a retarded one she will probably regret.

HRT, Hysterectomy, Mastectomy and so on make changes that are irreversible to your body.

You can't just chop off your arm and think you can put a new one in the next week, you get it?

She could also be trying to dress overly feminine to repress, don't get me wrong that could be actually what's going on but from what you said it feels just weird. Maybe you should just try to help her in a different way.

Go with her to a therapist. Talk to her about what she feels in terms of dysphoria, etc. You can probably help her find out about what she's trully feeling and solve her issues.

Just telling her to stop won't work since in the best case, she's a transtrender and wants the opression / trans points and she will hate you for stopping her or, she's really trans and you telling her not to do it will crush what little self esteem she had.

Anyways, help her with a professional. Don't go with the "don't do this or that mentality" it never works, specially with people that really need help. They need to see they are fucking up themselves.
>>
>>8351850
idk buddy you seem to not be really providing any arguments so like??? ok??? whatever lol there's not much more for me to say other than

>fast foward one hundred years and its planet of the apes but its queers instead of apes and everyone else instead of humans

this is definitely my goal
imagine everyone being gay like how fucking awesome would that be
>>
>>8351865
you never had much to say, there were arguments there too

but its ok, you are not trying and I am giving up right now. you win

>imagine everyone being gay like how fucking awesome would that be
youd still be a kissless hon
OH SHIT, I guess I wasnt done after all
I am now, you win

im high, I feel like I shouldve said so earlier
sorry for wasting everyone's time I had fun tho
>>
>>8348450
Hey OP, stab yourself in the throat.
>>
>>8351905
Why so hostile?
It's clear he doesn't know what he's doing.
>>
>>8351913
That's why I'm giving very straightforward instructions.
>>
>>8351851
Assuming OP's sibling is an adult, why should their brother be going with them to a therapist? They already got a diagnosis from one. Or honestly, why should the brother be meddling with their life at all?
>>
File: 2ac.jpg (60KB, 1123x703px) Image search: [Google]
2ac.jpg
60KB, 1123x703px
>>8351905
>T rage strikes again.

Beware those who thread further, we have a TERF on steroids here.
>>
>>8351905
Hey hey, we're all in this together
>>
>>8351924
Family support means a lot.
From what he's saying I doubt his sister is an adult.

Also hearing some stuff directly from a professional, if OP sister is really trans, has a lot of weight, specially on people in his position.

I honestly don't know why you anons on 4chan always have this "fuck it all, fuck my family, fuck everyone and everything" mentality. Sometimes you can transition and keep your family, you know? Just talk instead of being a giant aggressive sperg.
>>
>>8351946
Well, support means just that, support. Not talk to them about something OP clearly doesn't know much about, and the sibling definitely knows more about.
He mentioned the sibling going to college, meaning they're most likely an adult or 17 at the youngest.
We don't have any info on what the sibling actually wants. OP just assumed.
>>
>>8351966
>Well, support means just that, support.
There's a lot of people that kill themselves because they lacked "just that".
Also OP should go talk to said person but instead this thread became a shitshow of trannies fighting each other because they are putting their own insecurities and wishes against each other and OP.

Honestly, best thing he can do is talk to his sister, if things proceed ask about more stuff to know more. Maybe his sister didn't even got any help at all from anyone. Maybe telling the entire family about the trans thing was the first thing done and now OP sister may be lost. Again it's all speculation.

We really can't do much here and sperging that OP should kill himself won't fix shit.

Also one friendly advice here, people never give value to their families until they lose them. It's pretty shitty to be all alone in the world specially when you're vulnerable as fuck as a trans person.
>>
>>8351997
His sibling has been seeing a therapist for this, that counts as help, and also coming out would not have been the first thing then.
This was stated clearly in the OP, I'm not speculating.

OP doesn't seem to just be in shock from the reveal, he doesn't seem to be open-minded at all about this, so any talk is likely to turn into him trying to talk the sibling out of it, which is the opposite of support. It would be one thing if he was just asking for information to better understand, but that's not what he wants.
>>
>>8348450
First off, you don' t have to undergo a physical transformation to be who you are. If your sister is really your brother, he can become who he is without mutilating his body. Identity exists in the mind first and foremost

Furthermore, maybe YOU can't see she's a guy, but most transgenders have idden themselves for the most part of their lives. It will surprise you just how many transgenders behaved quite the opposite way to who they really were to avoid violence prior to transition.

So just get to know your sister/brother. Talk to her and see if she really is a he
>>
>>8356162
>but most transgenders have idden themselves for the most part of their lives.
Well, since puberty anyway.
>>
>>8351905
whoa, hold on there, little buddy. you seem upset.
>>
>>8351928
why would a radical feminist be mad at someone trying to talk a chick OUT of transitioning?
>>
>>8348450
Often times people act more masculine or feminine because that's what they feel they should do. They do this to avoid feeling outed or hoping that the feeling will go away.
>>
OP here. I'm going to talk to her tomorrow before she goes back. I won't be too aggressive, just suggest that maybe she shouldn't rush into anything and try to just work out her issues with therapy and meds.
Thanks for your suggestions guys.
>>
this thread is proof as to why hons are the worst part of lgbt
>>
why do women even want to be men anyway
>>
>>8348450
>academics are way liberal
a therapist wouldn't put their reputation on the line with a half-assed diagnosis. I'd agree if they said she was genderfluid or someshit, but there's obviously some form of dysphoria going on
>but she's never seemed very masculine to me. She's rather feminine in fact
a lot of people work really really hard to hide the fact that they're dysphoric

If you want to help him, just be there for him if he asks for help. It's not hard, and he wouldn't be making these choices without a lot of thought anyway.
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.