[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /lgbt/ feel about trigger warnings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1472987036056.png (638KB, 894x511px) Image search: [Google]
1472987036056.png
638KB, 894x511px
How does /lgbt/ feel about trigger warnings?
>>
File: 20959817316_c592e1598f_o.jpg (12KB, 274x295px) Image search: [Google]
20959817316_c592e1598f_o.jpg
12KB, 274x295px
>How do people visiting a forum where they're regularly called cocksucking faggots that should kill themselves feel about trigger warnings

Gonna take a wild guess here and say most people think they're for pussies.
>>
Only useful when you're about to watch someone's actual head explode from a shotgun blast or get their throat slit. Outside of that, no reason to exist.
>>
>>8346996
"graphic warning" or "viewer discretion is advised" usually does the trick without sounding like a complete SJW moron
>>
>>8346917
reasonable when put in front of a news broadcast or put above an article or something. if it's for the general public, unfortunately we have to cater to the lowest common denominator. however, i personally feel like they're useless. a simple title should tell you whether or not you're likely to get your feefees hurt, and if you decide to read it anyway that's your problem and no one else's
>>
>>8347044
This. I've been around a lot of people for whom actual trigger warnings are very helpful and necessary (veterans, etc) and it's really useful. Trigger warnings are supposed to be there for folks with PTSD, epilepsy, etc that really need to know if some content is dangerous. Of course, some folks see these content notes and think "lol people are too coddled" it isn't for the coddled people; it's just that the coddled people like using them too.
>>
>>8347239
as someone with PTSD, they can be really useful but a lot of the time they seem really unnecessary (to me, at least). desu i only really get triggered when i see graphic shit about what happened to a child/children
>>
>>8346917

They said be 'content warnings', not 'trigger warnings'. Trigger warnings are from sufferers of PTSD. Anything lesser degrades and belittles genuine sufferers.
>>
>>8347359

They should be*
>>
>>8346917
They're retarded Brave New World tools of grossly infantilizing grown ass adults that should fucking know better.

I am legit scared of a generation that's retarded enough to embrace trigger warnings because god knows what else awaits us from them.
>>
>>8346917
Unless it deals with graphic death or rape, that shit keeps us weak. Callus your mind and nothing can hurt you.
>>
>>8347414
>Callus your mind and nothing can hurt you.
Everyone should be forced to spend ~6 hours a day on 4chan for a year in order to build up their mind against anything.
>>
Along with safe spaces they're probably the most misunderstood thing on the internet in 2017.

Literally these are both designed for people who have mental illnesses and/or have experienced severe trauma.
>>
>>8347418
>6 hours a day for a year
>4chan
That's cruel and unusual punishment, anon. I think most people would go mad.
>>
>>8346917
Not worth bitching about.
They've existed in some form or another for years - think movie ratings. The phrase trigger warning has just been SJW'ed to death.
>>
>>8348284
They're also not meant to be everywhere and for everything and for everyone.
It's like whining that support groups or wheelchairs exist.
>>
File: peanuts.jpg (38KB, 584x328px) Image search: [Google]
peanuts.jpg
38KB, 584x328px
>>8346917
>LGBT hate crime
>trigger warning: homophobic slurs, homophobia, violence
Being really fucking unnecessarily redundant there mate.
>>
File: 1465587828699.png (135KB, 377x251px) Image search: [Google]
1465587828699.png
135KB, 377x251px
>>8346917
I understand them.
Kind of.
With warnings on stuff with murder, rape, whatever it's acceptable and makes sense
but i've seen really retarded shit with trigger warnings
like a warning for fucking trump and one for hands like what the fuck
in the case of your pic, i can understand 'violence' but not 'homophobia' and the slur one
safe spaces, on the other hand, cross completely into "utterly retarded" territory
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.