[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /lgbt/ want kids?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: 1495812873456.png (341KB, 617x571px) Image search: [Google]
1495812873456.png
341KB, 617x571px
Does /lgbt/ want kids?
>>
>>8346651

Definite yes, if I don't mess them up in a two-father household
>>
>>8346651
>counting not cohabiting, being 100% heterosexual, being married and not being in a same-sex relationship as "positive outcomes"
>>
>>8346651
:/ really contemplating since I can't have biological kids unless I bank some sperm. I would love to have kids, but I don't want to adopt, I want to know I contributed to creating my child. Artificial eggs when?
>>
Not really. I don't really have a paternal bone (or a maternal one for that matter) in my body. I don't give a shit about passing on my genes. I just don't understand the appeal of having kids.
>>
>>8346686
I feel the same way. I like my family and want to see them in the child I raise. It's easier for me as a lesbian(female), but at the same time I have mixed feelings about being pregnant. Ideally, I would want my future wife to be pregnant with my child but idk if that could happen. Worst comes to worst, I use my own womb.
>>
I've always wanted a daughter. Maybe two, because I hear that having at least one sibling helps kids socially and mentally. I don't really have a way to have them, though, as I'm very gay and really am only comfortable bottoming. I've also got horrible genes for anything but looks. So, adoption is the only way to do things, and it's rather difficult to adopt as a single dad. And I don't know if I'll ever be able to hold down a relationship.
>>
>>8346651
I actually don't know... I used t say no but I'm really not sure now. Estrogen is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>8346698
Same here, but if my future partner *really* wants a kid I guess I'm not opposed to adopting one.
>>
No, children are unnecesary burden and procreation is immoral.
>>
>>8346704
You'll see your family in your child.

Source: my dad was adopted and is turning into my grandpa
>>
File: 1458883463658.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1458883463658.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
The only kids I'll have is doggos.
Human kids are ungrateful pieces of shit and a massive expense . I'd rather use that money to travel the world.
>>
nah. /maybe/ a dog. prolly just gonna have a half-dead garden desu
>>
File: 1494139922108.jpg (70KB, 734x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494139922108.jpg
70KB, 734x720px
>>8346651

some day. my dad keeps pressuring me to settle down and find a nice guy to bless him with grandkids. he's even tried hooking me up with some gay coworkers/business partners.!

i do want children but i'm not ready.

>mfw dad calls for the tenth time demanding where are his grandkids.
>>
>>8346747
please have kids, demographics need it
>>
>>8346768
No. Why the hell should I?
>>
>>8346651
No. I hate kids, my genes should not be passed on, and I'd be a terrible father anyway.

My friend's sister has named me an honorary uncle to her daughter, and that's as close to child-rearing as I'm going to get.
Naturally, I'm going to offer to murder anyone who wrongs her, and give her educational toys that will annoy the shit out of her mother, and rides on my motorbike once she's old enough.
>>
>>8346747
>doggos.
>travel the world
Pick one. Most countries won't let you bring doges there.
>>
>>8346768
Fuck that. I hope this world burns.
>>
File: bb2506a.jpg (125KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
bb2506a.jpg
125KB, 750x937px
>>8346800
That's true, but here's the thing. It's much easier to find someone to dogsit, plus they only live 10-15 years on average. They also cost thousands less than a child would and they give unconditional love.
>>
>>8346800
Unfortunately this is true. Doggos are basically like kids anyway, only cuter
>>
>>8346800
Of course, there are some people who travel with dogs. You'd just be limited to where you can go
>>
>>8346814
You ever gone roadtripping?
>>
File: 1495499795240.png (340KB, 375x680px) Image search: [Google]
1495499795240.png
340KB, 375x680px
I've got sperm banked, but child prospects would only be if I end up in a lesbian relationship (would be so cool to have biological offspring with two moms), but getting into a hetero relationship is appealing too, so I'll just have to wait and see what life throws at me.
>>
>>8346651
Well, I'd have to adopt and adopting's actually a really hard and long process. So probably not.
>>
>>8346819
Yes and I've taken my dogs before
It's so much better with them
>>
File: mQDZvJF_d.jpg (67KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
mQDZvJF_d.jpg
67KB, 640x853px
>>8346840
Exactly.
>>
>>8346807
I'm not arguing that doges are better than kids. Just saying that you can't exactly be a globetrotter with a doge.

Mind you, I'm a cat person myself. I don't really get the appeal of dogs as surrogate kids.
Not that I don't like dogs, mind you. I like them just fine, I just don't want one of my own.
It is, however, my ambition to enjoy life as much as a labrador.
>>
>>8346874
If you're rich enough to be out of the country all the time, you can afford to kennel your dog.

I just don't think the average person goes traveling often enough to worry about it.
>>
File: 1495751277201.png (99KB, 876x695px) Image search: [Google]
1495751277201.png
99KB, 876x695px
>>8346651
>wanting to birth white babies
Check your privileges, shitlords.
>>
>>8346880
What's the point of having a doge if you're not going to spend time with it, though?
>>
>>8346874
Yeah but see, I wouldn't constantly be traveling, and it wouldn't always be overseas/by plane. Thus, roadtripping with the pupper. But I would also be able to save up for the occasional really nice trip.
>>
Also bonus perk: no kids means more money for hobbies
>>
>>8346888
Me and my dad are planning on going to Yellowstone
We'd probably bring our doggos

Trips like that are perfect for doggos
>>
>>8346899
> Yellowstone
I hope you like foul smells and warning signs, because that place has both in spades.
Beautiful scenery, but you never forget that sulphurous smell.
>>
>>8346704
Yeah, I know the feel. It's unfair on how things end up, but hopefully there will be a break through.
telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/09/13/motherless-babies-possible-as-scientists-create-live-offspring-w/
Assuming they can get this to approved for humans within 20 years, I wouldn't mind it.
>>
>>8346651
I dont but I should cause there is not much in life once you get old
>>
>>8346651
I(MtF) do. It would be nice to care about another person and feel responsible for their formation as individuals. It would also be less lonely that way if I live to an old age(over 50). I'm bi, so the sex of my hypothetical spouse doesn't matter.
People tell me to just keep having cats instead, but humans have an advantage of being sentient/intelligent and (normally) not dying after 10-15 years.
I also definitely want them to be adopted even if I wasn't planning to get my testicles removed. I mean, there are already over 7 billion people on Earth. Why create another human if I could take an already existing one and make his/her life significantly better?(hopefully)
However, my life is a mess right now despite me already being 25 - I can barely support myself(both financially and in general), still live with my parents, never dated anyone. I'm also very immature, soft and naive, so I'll probably be a terrible mother no matter how hard I try.
>>8346718
Weird. Before HRT I was actively against the idea of having kids. But now I'm not so sure(see above).
That's one of the only two emotional changes I've noticed from HRT(the other one being icuddle urges).
>>
>>8347248
>>8347248
I feel like its more to do with age than hormones
cause
>feel responsible
thats for mature people
>>
yes
me and my bf have already decided on their names as well.
>>
>>8346651
Most definitely.

They'll hate me for the names though.
>>
>>8347248
>he other one being icuddle urges
I also crave cuddles now.
>>
>>8346651
No. I like the idea of passing on my genetics but can't imagine raising one. Even under ideal circumstances with healthy normal kids let alone if it turns out with issues/ high maintenance. Can't imagine giving up my life goals to deal with that.
>>
File: smug tea.jpg (8KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
smug tea.jpg
8KB, 299x168px
>tfw too poor to bank sperm
Darwinism at its finest.
>>
Definitely. As a dysphoric female bodied person I'm not sure if I'll be able to have them biologically though.
>>
>>8346651
Yes. Bisexual female so I can probably just do it the easy way.
The thing I'm more conflicted on is whether to donate some ova?
>I know there's a shortage and I feel for infertile/ lgbt people who need a little help. Plus I'm healthy and quite pretty.
>buuuut.... the hormones can make you sick (cancer and endometriosis)
>I have anxiety and might pass that on (but who isn't anxious these days eh)
>might be sad about not knowing baby.
>>
I'm 100% gay but i would make and rise kids with women only, same sex parenting is disgusting.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.