[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trans names

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 34

File: transgender-Stefonknee-Wolscht.png (566KB, 900x607px) Image search: [Google]
transgender-Stefonknee-Wolscht.png
566KB, 900x607px
What are some good tips to follow for renaming yourself (trans)?

do's and don't's and all that fun stuff
>>
>>8343417
DON'T
>Alice
>Christine
>Caitlyn
>Chelsea
>>
It goes without saying to avoid frou-frou snowflake names.

I wanted to go with Celestine, a french name that had a lot of meaning to me, for a long time before coming to the conclusion that it was just too much. I knew that people would wince when they heard it, regardless of how I felt, so I went with something simpler that still felt very "Me".
>>
File: 1491608772125.png (75KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1491608772125.png
75KB, 260x260px
>ask your parents
>whatever name your parents intended for you had you been born the other way around
>genderbent version of your birthname
>a name that's common for your generation
>if your deadname was rare, i'd suppose you could go with something equally rare for your new one
>whatever name you chose for yourself when you found this stuff out
>any name you actually like
Common names will make you look more ordinary, the odder ones will attract attention, but if you feel like you can pull it off and defend your position, go ahead.
Think things through, don't rush it, try a name out in private to see if you like it.
Also consider your context, get something from your own culture, and I'm not just talking weeb shit. I keep meeting eurotrannies with burger names, and it's super off because no one here except maybe brits have such names.
If you really want some snowflake stuff, get that as your middle name.
>>
>>8343417
Ask your parents the name they had picked in case you were the opposite gender.
>>
File: MMPP.jpg (136KB, 1012x675px) Image search: [Google]
MMPP.jpg
136KB, 1012x675px
Go to the census site for your country of birth. Here are some of the easier to find ones:

USA
https://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/
(gives you state by state breakdown, too)

Canada
Search "vital statistics" and your province.

UK
http://www.britishbabynames.com/blog/links-to-name-data.html
They tend to archive things, but a request can be made to your statistics bureau for earlier decades... or you can look harder because it's YOUR name and I don't want to try hard today.

Look up your year, or at least your decade.

If your family has ethnic names, gear for one that fits your family naming patterns... but having one "regionally common name" plus an ethnic name seems pretty normal.

Try to keep your pick within the top 500 names for your year... ideally in the top 100... for your area of the world.
>>
>>8343510
>alba
Never, even my mom was like "you're not getting that ugly name".
>>
Is Mona a bad name?
>>
>>8343510
I'm a bit surprised so many people don't know this, I asked that when I was like six or something.
>>
Ask your parents or choose something close to your birth name. Don't choose the names of gemstones, flowers, or intangible goods (hope, faith, charity, etc).
>>
FTM here. My mom considered the name Ove for me if I were born either gender since she loves boy names for girls. However, I ended up with the girliest name in existence thanks to my dad's choice. My younger sister was the one who got a boy name.

I kinda like the name, but it's really out of place here in good ol' Murica. If I named myself Ove I'd be just as bad as the snowflakey Ayydens and Olivers because of how uncommon it is, despite the fact that my mom considered it. Life is shit.
>>
Honestly, whatever you choose, DON'T do double consonants unless that's the usual way to spell the name.
>>
>>8343541
>My younger sister was the one who got a boy name.
Boy name or unisex name?
>>
>>8343523
Was about to come in LITERALLY just to say "don't pick Ramona". Dead serious.
>>
>>8343571
Absolute boy name. She was named after my great uncle.

It's also an extremely uncommon name. I have only met one other person in my lifetime with the name and he was a boy.
>>
>>8343523
If you're like 60+, it's a granny name.
>>
>>8343541
kek, ove is like literal retirement home tier in scandinavia
>>
>>8343530
My ma "didn't remember" then said some shit like, "If you were a boy I could have called you Kincaid" ... after some little kid in a show she was watching when I was 18... so it was utterly out of sync with my age.

Faggot ass name, I can't be surprised though... my dead name was some hippie nonsense equivalent to "Rainbow Song".
>>
>>8343583
Being uncommon kinda makes it less masculine. It can still have a masculine ring to it, but it's not Fred or John where everyone knows men called that.
>>
>>8343523
Not Ramona, it comes from Simone (Female version of Simon)

>>8343584
Fair, honestly, my friends tell me that I act like an old lady anyways
>>
>>8343609
Apologies, meant for >>8343573
>>
Any names you like make a note of for a week or month period, go over your list at the end of that period and decide what name you like the most.

How good of a name is Sophie?
>>
>>8343596
Well I'd gladly be a Scandinavian grandpa if there wasn't a stigma behind trannies naming themselves uncommon things.

My mom is entirely of Scandinavian descent and apparently some distant relative of hers was named Ove, I forget who. Likely someone old or dead.

>>8343604
It's not feminine or masculine because it's almost unheard of. It ends in a Y tho so it could swing either way.
>>
>>8343417
>tfw took my dad's name
>now he calls me "junior"
the first time made me feel like a 5 year old that hit his first baseball and had his dad say "i'm proud of you, son"
>>
>>8343629
It is also important to practice writing out the name over and over and over, once you have them narrowed down... I know I needed to see names written out to decide if I liked them.

Cuz you'll be signing that name afterward.
>>
>>8343597
Rainbow Song is cool actually. Hippie names are unisex and that example actually sounds feminine. Should have stuck or changed to that.
>>
>>8343634
I kinda want to hear it now. At least give a couple of similar names?
>>
>>8343668
Apparently it's a form of the name Amery, which Google says is a girls name(?) Starts with a different letter and is spelled/pronounced slightly different.

I can't find any accurate information on the name origin, but my great uncle was German.
>>
>>8343688
Sounds like it could sound feminine. Being foreign helps too and even if it is read male, she can just say it's female in German/Norwegian.
>>
File: pencils.gif (2MB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
pencils.gif
2MB, 500x285px
>>8343645
I'm afab... I sure as fuck wasn't going to walk around with my beard growing in calling myself, "Rainbow Song" like some fairy princess.
>>
>>8343730
>not wanting to be a musclebear fairy princess
it's like you don't even want to ascend into genderterrorist territory
>>
File: dabao大.jpg (200KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dabao大.jpg
200KB, 680x1024px
>>8343738
I know! So weird, innit?
>>
>>8343704
I have no idea what she tells people lol. All of the people we know mutually haven't commented as far as I know. She's our one and only Emory.
>>
>>8343730
Oh I see. Well yes quite.

...could still have gone for Storm or Hunter or something to keep on-theme.
>>
>>8343730
How about River? But I would probably call you a trender if I didn't know your parents came up with weirder shit.
>>
>>8343609
Could be better, could be worse. Depends on whether or not it's combined with something else.
>>
File: downthehatch.gif (899KB, 500x231px) Image search: [Google]
downthehatch.gif
899KB, 500x231px
>>8343759
>Storm or Hunter
Nah. I have no interest in snowflake names that sound like the protagonist from some lame coming of age novel.

I was over 21 when I started transitioning, T is one helluva drug, and just wanted to be a normal guy.

Picked a top 100 name, then a family name for the middle name. Boring, white bread, stealth day-to-day.
>>
>>8343629
I'm going with Sophie, it's simple and pretty and not that common in the U.S, but not like unheard of
>>
>>8343417
I like the birth year method, although I like to head towards the bottom of the list. Enough that anyone who hasn't clocked me and wants to look up to see if it's a realistic name will find it, far enough down that it's not one that will make me think of cis girls to compare against.

And so, Tira it was.
>>
>>8343417
dont try and be an edgelord. just do something you like and is common/normal

>>8343821
thats a nice choice, but id say use the full proper version rather than the shortened nickname. looks better on paper work and in formal settings having it be sophia. people will just call you sophie for short imho senpai-a-lam
>>
>>8343508
>if your deadname was rare, i'd suppose you could go with something equally rare for your new one
I know how to figure out how rare your name is, but how do you find other similarly rare names? Mine was at that sweet spot where it wasn't a snowflake name, and didn't raise eyebrows, but was still rare enough that most people don't know anyone else with my name.
>>
File: 1494605558376.png (452KB, 679x670px) Image search: [Google]
1494605558376.png
452KB, 679x670px
>>8343417

tfw my birthname is 90% mistaken for a girl's name
>>
>>8343927
Foreign, really obscure, or Ashley?
>>
File: 1492504576803.gif (575KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1492504576803.gif
575KB, 512x384px
>>8343936

French
>>
>>8343957
Lucky, half French males names get gendered female by English speakers.
>>
Do read up on your state's law.
Do make them shred as much shit as you can make them.
Do lawyer up.
Search for popular girl names in your year of birth and choose one.
If you have accepting parents, ask them for name ideas.
Do not use anachronistic or snowflake names.
If you insist on having a rare name, try to search women around your age with that name on face chan.

So much about maneuvering legal shit.
>>
>>8343964

exactly. I recently started a new job and all the guys there are flustered. they keep asking "do we call you Michelle, Mitch, Mike?!" I always tell them to call me Michelle and they go red in the face, it's so cute!
>>
>>8343885
My birthname is just that, unique, but not head turning, and I've known one person with the same name in my life, though it was spelled differently.
>>
>>8344008
Come to think of it, I don't think I know anyone named Ally. Which is weird, because it feels so common, but apparently it's even more rare than my deadname. Was that your birth name, or is it your current name? Also, how did you come to your decision?
>>
>>8344055
Ally is the name I'm gonna use when I come out, and it's the feminine version of my birth name. And yeah thinking about it now, I only know one other Ally as well, even though it seems a hell of a lot more common than my birth name.
>>
>>8343639
Oh my God, that's really cute
>>
>>8343417
Alaska
>>
>>8343454
>Stefonknee
>>
>>8344165
Aww, lucky! My name is unmistakably male :(
>>
I just picked a normal name I thought was cute.
>>
>>8344241
I think it was fate, my Nan called me Ally when I was a child. (Maybe she knew o.O)
>>
>>8343454

Add Autumn.

Know tons of tranny Autumns, many full of drama.
>>
>>8343517
tfw i was going to choose a the name that was the same number as my male name then it turned out to be Stephanie
>>
File: 19847927851912.png (419KB, 484x600px) Image search: [Google]
19847927851912.png
419KB, 484x600px
>enter thread
>CTRL+F my name
>no results
>>
>>8344338
Feels pretty great 2bdesu
>>
im mtf and chose a unisex name and kind of regret it so..probably dont do that
>>
>>8344387
Why choose one and why regret?
>>
>>8344387
I was born with with a unisex name and kind of hate it but I'm so used to it now there's no way I'd change it
>>
>>8344387
>tfw name is pretty unisex but sounds more masculine
>only females named like that live in burgerland
too bad i really like my name
>>
ayden, skyler, and/or the artist formerly known as (gender)
>>
>>8343454
I love alice but I was smart enough to avoid a name I really would have prefered. no one gets the name they want in life.
>>
File: tumblr_op0gs8wBPg1utodrjo1_500.jpg (248KB, 448x635px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op0gs8wBPg1utodrjo1_500.jpg
248KB, 448x635px
is emily a cute name? :C
>>
File: cu.jpg (22KB, 823x641px) Image search: [Google]
cu.jpg
22KB, 823x641px
>>8344544
Yes, I knew a kitten named Emily once, it died, but it was very cute.
>>
>>8343417
What is the best way to spell Alyssa? Alisa or Alyssa. Also Alyssa or Alison?
>>
How's "Valerie" as a name? Too pretentious?
>>
>>8344683
I think it's pretty cute, though that's mainly for using "Val" as a nickname.
>>
>>8344683
I wanted "Aurora" and was warned of its pretentiousness, so probably yes that name seems to be in the same vein.
>>
For ftms:

Don't choose some outdated meme name like Thaddeus, choose a name some normal guy would have

t. ftm
>>
>>8345220
The Great Cornelius requires tp for his bunghole!
>>
>>8345335
CORNHOLIO
>>
File: 1488735555737.gif (2MB, 750x396px) Image search: [Google]
1488735555737.gif
2MB, 750x396px
>stupid snowflake family name at birth
>use those name statistics sites, somehow find my name around 300th popularity for the year I was born
>search around 300th popularity girls names
>tell my family
>"well you're going to keep (deadname) right? ITS SO MEANINGFUL"
>>
Look up a list of popular names from the decade you were born and pick from there. Under no circumstances are you to change the spelling.
>>
>>8343469
>Celestine
you know we make fun of people named celestin and celestine in france right ?
>>
>>8343454
"Amanda" sounds like one to avoid.
>>
>>8345992
>why can't you go with deadname? is it wrong for a girl to have a boyname?
>>
>>8344338
hey me 2 haha
>>
File: 1491617182580.jpg (30KB, 363x363px) Image search: [Google]
1491617182580.jpg
30KB, 363x363px
Gender neutral name master race
>wish I could pull off Caroline or Katherine
Switching names to me feels like just making the whole thing a lot more harder than it needs to be, especially since I really do love my birth name.
>>
>>8346090
"No, really, Sea-Aira is a perfectly legit spelling for Sierra, which is totes a name from 1992!"

>>8346150
Eh? Why for? And does that also apply to the shorter 'Celeste'?
>>
>Tfw your name is crazy special snowflake bullshit in america, but apparently relatively common in both mexico and japan, if spelled differently.

Is it a gender neutral name if it's a men's name in mexico, but an old school woman's name in japan?
>>
>>8346625
Nope. It only counts for your own country and spelling
>>
>>8346637
b-but I'm in america, where the name doesn't exist...
>>
>>8346647
Then I guess it doesnt have a meaning, or I suppose Mexico is the closest so it would take on that meaning.
>Being from America
And also wtf kind of special snowflake name isnt in America?
>>
>>8346625
It counts as a man's name if there's lots of hispanics in the area or it's a commonly known hispanic name, and it counts as a woman's name if it's more commonly known from weaboo circles than illegal ones.
>>
>>8346670
A name that's originally Nahuatl, because my parents were both giant hippies and my dad had already given my sister a Nahuatl name so he was damn well going to continue the tradition.
>>
>>8346689
Holy shit thats actually fucking cool, depends on what its original purpose then. Or go with the Mexican side since Mexicans are about as close as your going to get to Aztecs.
>Tfw no R A R E name
>>
>>8346684
Less known from weeabo circles than you would think actually, it's pretty much the japanese equivalent of a name like Janine or Margaret. Something that you could maybe find today, but is traditionally kind of an older name.

There was actually a restaurant back in my hometown ran by an old japanese lady with the name, and I used to eat birthday dinners there. Sushi was great.
>>
File: P5_Morgana_character_artwork.png (151KB, 336x461px) Image search: [Google]
P5_Morgana_character_artwork.png
151KB, 336x461px
>>8343523
>>
>>8345345
No shit. Follow the context, Josiah.
>>
>>8344393
at the time it was the only name that didnt sound weird when people called me it. i regret it bc a lot of people say its masculine. the names riley fyi
>>
I need a spanish girl name, what are your suggestions?
>>
Reymundo Ortega
>how does it sound?
>>
>>8348525
Qedesha/Kedeshah
>>
>>8348606
wtf that's not spanish
>>
>>8348525
Maria is always an option but I'm sure you know that
What spanish, exactly? Like, Spain spanish or some other spanish speaking country?
>>
>>8348525
alicia :^)
>>
>>8348688
Yes, Spain. I don't like María

>>8348691
Alicia is pretty cute, I'll consider it.
>>
>>8348706
I also like Lucia, Sofia, Claudia, Alicia already mentioned, Silvia...
actually, I think I just really like names ending in -ia.
>>
Well my name backwards is a girl name, so I have my work cut out for me!
>Aidan = Nadia
>>
File: 2a0.png (24KB, 210x200px) Image search: [Google]
2a0.png
24KB, 210x200px
pls don't turn a male name into a female name. That whole 'twist on your deadname' thing is really hackneyed. also practice writing your name and doing your signature - it may help you feel things out and determine whether or not a name comes naturally to you. don't name yourself because of a character in a recent movie or animu or whatever, because that just seems insincere af to me.
>>
>>8343508
>>a name that's common for your generation
This part is important. One of the worst things that anybody who picks their name out can do (this is not limited to trans people, but is annoyingly common with them) is to use something anachronistic that just screams "out of place."
>>
>>8348863
>That whole 'twist on your deadname' thing is really hackneyed.
it's fine if it gives you a nice female name. just not davida.
>>
>>8348877
>tfw ywn pass so you might as well pick as snowflake a name as you like
>>
>>8344338
>tfw have meme name but still not listed here
Wew guess I'm safe
>>
Helpful to pick something that you can easily grow accustomed to recognizing too, if you can get away with it. Like for me, Matt > Natalie > Nat for short at first. Makes things hella easier in social situations since you're not ignoring your own name all the time.
>>
>>8344263
My grandmother always called me Ally as well. I never complained
>>
>>8348910
And some people want to do that, but if you do, it'll make things even tougher for you in the normie world, and you'll have to be cool with that. Me, I would like to still succeed in life as opposed to languishing in self-pity.
>>
>>8343417
DO
>common names

DON'T
>stripper names
>names of people you know
>misspellings of common names
Also, I'm curious - both of my sisters have the same middle name, but it's my mother's maiden name. She disowned me, and I don't want to have anything to remind me of her - should I just go with Elizabeth or something instead?
>>
FTM meme names:

Ayyyden/Kaiden
Oliver
Casper
Alex

I've considered going by Caspian but that's maybe a bit much. My dad said I'd be named Trace if I was a cisguy. I don't know.
>>
>>8349107
ngl, I'm kinda bitter about my parents never having a girl name for me. It's like they didn't even want to name me.
>>
File: John-Travolta-Hairspray.jpg (91KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
John-Travolta-Hairspray.jpg
91KB, 625x625px
>>8343417
>>
>>8349103
>names of people you know
why not?
>>
>>8343417
Don't name yourself after a female friend who you creepily idealise. I personally know one late transitioner who did this.
>>
>>8349313
>I personally know one late transitioner who did this.
story
>>
Is Jessica ok, or Jess for short?
>>
>>8343454
Welp. Fuck
>>
>>8349678
Not the one who posted but I assume it would look like this.
>be closet tranny
>jealous of Brittany and her cis body
>jealous of her hair
>jealous of her voice
>want to be her
>start mones at 35
>grow saggy tits
>imagurlnow.jpg
>see Brittany
>she's fucking beautiful
>style my hair like her
>dress like her
>try to move and talk like her
>Name myself after her
>some day I will be her
>>
For me there was just always a name that stuck out. I always really liked Sam/Samantha. I don't know why, it just really clicked with me.

One day a friend who knew I was trans called me Samantha as a joke. She thought it was cute and funny, didn't know it was actually the name I was considering.

That pretty much solidified it.
>>
>>8349698
>tfw feel exactly this way but know I'll never look like my Brittany
>>
I like Lyra a lot, never met anyone named Lyra though. Is Lyra fine?
>>
>>8346670
>And also wtf kind of special snowflake name isnt in America?
There's like a billion, m8.
>>
File: arf.jpg (103KB, 400x417px) Image search: [Google]
arf.jpg
103KB, 400x417px
>>8343417

>google stefonknee wolscht
>ditches family to live out age play fetish
>criminal record and domestic abuse
>thinks he's the victim in all this
>threatened suicide the day of his daughter's wedding
>unsupervised around children.

jfc
>>
>>8348525
Isabelle is goddess tier.
>>
>>8349740
>he
Whatever you think about her there is no excuse for misgendering her.
>>
File: 1493704672012.png (240KB, 662x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493704672012.png
240KB, 662x540px
>>8349747

>no excuse

don't care, he's a fetishist in my book. he probably is only in it for the AGP points. Not TRUTRANS, just some perverted old man.
>>
>>8349754
AGP is trans.
>>
File: 1495472376997.jpg (170KB, 652x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495472376997.jpg
170KB, 652x720px
>>8349107
>tfw two prominent male characters in the story you're currently writing is named oliver and casper
God damnit.
>>
File: 1493241184921.png (92KB, 433x551px) Image search: [Google]
1493241184921.png
92KB, 433x551px
>>8349760

>AGP is trans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Pvi1XVm_s
>>
>>8349764
Are you FTM though? If not it's fine. Even if you are, better your characters than you.
>>
>>8349769
Not an argument.
>>
>>8349683
Jessie is easily one of my top 5 female names. Go for it.
>>
>>8349770
I'm MtF, I guess it's pretty safe as the actual names will just be infobox shit as it's dialogue less.
>>
>>8349107
Alex isn't meme-tier. Oliver, Aidan and Skylar sure are though.
>>
>>8350371
>Skylar
kek.
I know a skylar. Comes with the entire package too.

>Plucked eyebrows.
>Sleeve tattoo.
>That gay ass justin bieber haircut toupee.
>Ear stretchers.
>Plaid shirt.

I need to kidnap him and force him to dress like a less clocky guy.
Hell even if I force him to dress like a yaoi character will be an improvement.
>>
>>8350400
I have sleeve tats so I can't judge that one.

However... A thing I hate a lot from FTMs is when they believe calling guys things like "dude" and "man" a lot .
>>
>>8346576
Celestin(e) are very outdated names in France. Celeste sounds a bit old-timey too, and it's risky : it means "beautiful, full of grace" and if you aren't up to the name people will laugh at the irony. I don't know what you look like and I really don't want to be mean but that's a risk you have there.

On the other hand, as long as you don't meet frenchies nobody will notice.
>>
>>8350482
To be fair, that's totally cis male talking patterns.
>>
>>8344683
I'm a frenchie so I may have different habits, but i think it's very nice and it's not unusual.
>>
is melanie weird
>>
>>8350659
completely normal in france and kinda cute as well
>>
>>8349191
just imagine how awkward it would be running into them again.
>"hey, I picked the same name as you!"

an ftm that's friends with my sister used the same name as my deadname - that was pretty uncomfortable.
>>
What do people think of Hazel?
>>
>>8351161
Pretty cute. I wouldn't think too much about it if I heard it.
>>
>>8350831
It would be really cute in a teen com way if you were mtf and picked her name in return.

>>8350659
Melanie is good, pretty cute but not dangerously agp-level cute.

>parents were cool and picked a name that was very rare, but exploded in popularity a few years after my birth
>everyone tells me it fits me really well, in an "interesting-but-not-snowflake" way
>they name they would've picked for a girl had the same fate
>I kinda like the girl name and am thinking of taking it
>both sound funny in english (am european)

Acceptable or not?
>>
>>8350659
>melanie

reminds me of watermelon
>>
>>8350831
>an ftm that's friends with my sister used the same name as my deadname - that was pretty uncomfortable.
This depends entirely on what your name is, though.
If it's Pidgey common levels, don't think too much of it.
>>
File: 1495232823601.jpg (36KB, 524x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495232823601.jpg
36KB, 524x480px
>picked my name at 16 and everyone else just ran with it
>tfw later understand it's a bit snowflakey for being a nickname and spelled wrong
>too far into the deep to graft it
To be fair, it's a really common nickname here and there's no real point for me to point out when people spell it wrong unless it's formal.
>>
File: 1449870226402.jpg (23KB, 281x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449870226402.jpg
23KB, 281x480px
>>8343417
This is why two measly species of aids are not remotely enough.
>>
What does anybody think about the name April my mom was going to call me that and my birthday is in April
>>
>>8353762
It's good.
>>
>>8351193
someone help me please ;–:
>>
>>8353868
We need to know the actual name to judge.
>>
File: Slaughterhouse 5.jpg (39KB, 340x500px) Image search: [Google]
Slaughterhouse 5.jpg
39KB, 340x500px
>>8353880
Well, it's Tita. I know it has some meaning in Hawaiian, but I'm Slavic so that doesn't really matter much.
>>
>>8343417
what about Maddy for Matt since the girls are already calling me this? kinda like Madeline
>>
>>8343417
Lucy is cute.
>>
what do you guys think of Hans?
>>
>>8354011
Reserved for like 60+ Germans and Scandinavians, might have a resurgence post-Frozen, but that's for the 10s generation.
>>
>>8354070
>>8354011
German here. Hans is way outdated. Common German names are Jan, Tim, Nick, Mark, Dominik, Kevin etc
>>
>>8353906
uhhh, I guess that's a no then
>>
File: 1495934165212.jpg (61KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
1495934165212.jpg
61KB, 620x387px
My middle name is Jesse, is Jesse an appropriate female spelling?

Pic Unrelated
>>
>>8353762
I'm in the same boat, actually, but I think it's a little weird to name yourself after your birth month
but I guess if your parents were going to, sure
>>
>>8354657
If you're gonna be named April, that better damn well be your birthmonth.
>>
>>8343583
I know a woman who was named Kyle by her parents.
>>
Whats the consensus on Margot? I dropped my first name choice for being too meme-y. I really like Margot and I think it suits me, I want to be the brooding, pale Franco-qt
>>
>>8353959
Maddy works. Also you could consider Matilda
>>
>>8355884
Someone else who grew up watching The Good Life!
>>
>>8351196
why watermelon?
>>
>>8343541
>since she loves boy names for girls.
I hate when parents do this trying to be unique. Giving obviously gendered names to children of the opposite gender. It's like forcing this gender neutrality when the kid might not feel that way.
>>
Is Jesse an appropriate spelling for a girl?
>>
>>8343510
i'm doomed, they would've chosen caitlin or caitlyn fml

>tfw when you would've been that but jenner made it a meme nothx
>>
>>8354235
Jessie would probably be better
>>
File: 1495553017664.jpg (374KB, 1367x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495553017664.jpg
374KB, 1367x800px
I have the name of an old lady :3
Myrtle

the dutch version though
so it's ok
>>
>>8343417
Is saoirse a good name? (im irish)
>>
>>8343517
>ideally in the top 100...
tfw less than 100 females use my chosen name in my country.
>>
>>8344008
At least you don't have a movie title with your birth name in it.

>>8346556
>Katherine
Wanted to use that one, but knew to many. So went with a much older variant. Years after choosing it mom found an ancestor who used it.
>>
>>8343417
I chose the name Ciri, short for 'Cirilla' which means 'lady-like'/feminine :3
>>
how bad is anna?
>>
>>8360752
anna is a fucking cute name
>>
>>8360124
Do you speak English or do you speak Irish?
>>
>>8360752

Anna is perfect.
>>
Is Bianca too snowflakey of a name?
>>
File: 14829572957395.png (4MB, 2224x1352px) Image search: [Google]
14829572957395.png
4MB, 2224x1352px
>>8343454
>caitlyn
too bad...
>>
>>8355919
idk what that is
>>
>>8346362
A MAN DUUUUHHHHHHH
>>
>>8343454
or
Chloe
Sam
Abby
Erin
Dani
Amy
Sarah
Lilith
>>
Is Emma a trans name? My mum wants me to pick it
>>
Is Dorothy too old fashioned and memey? I'm really fond of it, but I'm not exactly dead set on it and have a few others in mind.
>>
>>8362775
Sorry, but noooo, that's terrible
>>
>>8362558
Emma is fine, don't really think there is such thing as a 'trans' name, just what you can get away with really. If you think you look like an emma, and you like it, go with it.
>>
>>8362555
They're all fine apart from Chloe and Dani imo
>>
>>8343417
The two main things people do are very dependent on having a very positive upbringing (asking your parents what they would have named you, switching to another version of your original name)

For me, it was just picking names I liked, since I wasn't a retard, they were normal names but I went the whole nine yards of changing my entire name so the last name is where you can get out that little bit of snowflake-ness, since everyone's last name is weird and nobody questions that stuff since they assume you got it from someone else
>>
>>8362811
>Lilith is fine
??

I mean, fuck, I have Lilith's symbol tattooed on my chest and even I know that's retarded
>>
>>8362811
What's wrong with those two?

>>8362817
I didn't know she had a symbol!
>>
Julia is so common that it's okay even if you have a few friends with that name, right?
>>
>>8362813
i was thinking of changing my last name too since i haven't seen my dad in years and have no connection to the name/him
i don't want my mother's maiden name tho since it's pretty ugly
any tips for that? or should i just keep it?
>>
>>8362975
Well, I think it really depends on where you're coming from with it. If you want to sound familiar, then pick a name from people around you but then be prepared for people asking awkward questions like if they're related to you or whatever.

What I did is just thought of fictional characters I liked and weighed whether or not their lastname would get me confused with being related to someone else or would bring up too many questions. And since I had no ties to any people, I had the freedom of choosing something I found pleasing instead of like a last name that is embarrassing.

The one I settled on turned out to be a last name that I think nobody actually has (which is why I wouldn't say it because I'd be outing myself) but it's easy to spell and say and in 5+ years, nobody has ever questioned it, since again, most people have very weird last names and don't even think about it.

The thing with the fictional characters is that most of them have extremely basic last names so it's an easy way to come up with a list to pick from. It was unintentional on my part that the one I settled on was so obscure (the character and the name), you don't have to do that.

For me, it was an extremely freeing experience for a multitude of reasons, but one of which was that the last name I was given at birth was intrinsically linked to a transphobic religious subculture so carrying it for the rest of my life or passing it on would be horrifying.
>>
>naming yourself after a video game character
Who else here?
>>
>>8363634
my choice is the name of a princess.
>>
>>8362180
Doesn't seem like it. I like it a lot, really cute.
>>
>>8363664
Peach or Zelda?
>>
>>8363634
I legitimately used the name of my most beloved D&D character.
>>
>>8364704
real princess.
>>
>>8364759
Diana?
>>
>>8354235
good name, but definitely Jessie I think.
>>
>>8364814
older, and I won't say or acknowledge the name.
>>
as mtf how is Jill or Gillian? Ive asked this in old threads but Im curious to get more thoughts.
>>
>>8364848
>Gillian
that's weird looking
just go with Jillian
it's pretty ok but you're going to get at least a few people thinking of the girl in Family Guy
>>
this dude gave up on his family. his wife and kids...
>>
>>8364835
lol why? XD
>>
>>8365223
it's too unique... less than 0.00003% of the population of my country uses it. It with my last name is unique in the world.
>>
>>8345220
ha I actually know a person (non binary) who calls themselves Theseus.
>>
>>8365335
>non binary
so, a cis person playing transtrender?
>>
>>8365410
yes
>>
>>8365335
fucking awesome though desu
>>
20, UK Birthname = Harry

This name is very common in the UK.
The name I like is Emily which is the same amount letters and equally common, but I'm worried it's a little bit of a meme name.
>>
>>8367387
Emily is one of the most common names among millennial females. Even if a lot of trans people choose it, it's still insanely popular in the cis population. Unlike some other meme names that aren't even in the top 100, Emily is usually in the top 3. You'll be fine.
>>
>>8365335
Put all NBs in labor camps.
>>
File: hannibal_02a.jpg (133KB, 1100x732px) Image search: [Google]
hannibal_02a.jpg
133KB, 1100x732px
>>8355884
/fa/ af
>>
>>8343417

I once met a drag queen named Christina Dior that didn't know who Raf Simons is...
>>
File: Aja.gif (2MB, 268x210px) Image search: [Google]
Aja.gif
2MB, 268x210px
What's up with the term deadname? I feel like it plays out up the whole "that is person is now dead, I'm XYZ now" which makes it harder for some people to react to your transition. You're not really dead, you're just finally living in a way that feels more comfortable to you.

Anyways my mom was originally gonna be called Valentina before being pressured by her family to be named something more common, and said she would've given me the name of I ended up female
>>
>>8367479
Well, "you" aren't dead, but "deadname" was never you, they were an artificial being manifesting itself in physical space utilizing your body and consciousness. "You" only become "newname" over time, because chances are "newname" didn't manifest in physical reality much as an entity. Takes a breaking in period.
>>
>>8343523
Mona means female monkey in Spanish. Don't.
>>
Male version of my birth name would be Vivian (yes, I know english-speaking countries tend to think of it as a female name, but it's not, here). I like Vivien better as an analog, though.

Parents would have named me Thomas.

Unrelated male name I like is Eric. I don't know why. It's always been the "default" regular male name that pops up in my mind.

Thoughts?
>>
>>8354657
>April
was born a month early so it was a really bad meme for me to be born in April, thats why they thought it would be unique or something idk.
Unlucky my name could have been May.
>>
>>8344269
Wtf same
>>
>>8367575
>my name could have been May.
You've got my vote!
>>
>>8344666
For spelling, Alyssa. But I prefer Alison
>>
>>8348525
Luz, lourdes, abril, lara, martina, laura, natalia, paula, rocío, nahir, antonela, florencia, camila, julia

>>8348738
Heh Alicia and Silvia are my grandmas's names
>>
>>8351196
Reminds me of melanin
>>
hi I'm MtF

what do y'all think of Katja?

I already go by it (usually as Kat) with a couple peeps and it feels hella natural idk

I'm pretty tall and dark haired and ppl already tell me I look like my half-finnish mother also my dad-is half polish
>>
http://20000-names.com/
This is one of my favorite sites. I highly recommend it, because it has names from various cultures, you can search for names starting with a certain letter, and you can even look at names based on what they mean.

>>8348525
Marisol is one of my favorite names. If I could be Hispanic/Latina, that's a name I would choose for myself.

>>8349731
Seems pretty uncommon. Might make you stand out a bit.

>>8351161
Cute! Make sure your middle name is less "old lady" sounding, though.

>>8354235
>>8358200
>>8364819
Jessie is the girl spelling, while Jesse is the boy spelling. That's sort of changing these days, but you shouldn't risk it.

>>8368171
Pretty! If it feels natural and people already call you that, just go for it. It's especially good that it goes with your family's heritage.
>>
How about the name Lily? I think it's a pretty popular name.
>>
>>8367411
Dank, thanks anon
>>
https://www.behindthename.com/
is my favorite name site. Tells you meanings, histories, and similar names.
>>
>>8368343
>http://20000-names.com/
does not have my name...
>>
File: stocking laugh.gif (278KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
stocking laugh.gif
278KB, 480x270px
>>8344269
>>8367591
Holy shit, same here. I knew a tranny named Autumn who was a fucking WIERDO.
>>
File: vaccumface.jpg (65KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
vaccumface.jpg
65KB, 640x428px
>>8343454
Seconding Alice. A lot of creepy emo trannies like this name. I'm guessing it's something to do with Alice in Wonderland.
>>
>>8368596
Too many Harry Potter fans like this name, but I guess it's better than Renesmee.
>>
There's a degenerate 65 year old hon in my hometown who called herself Amander. She always accentuates the fact that it ends with DERRR as well. Makes me want to shoot myself, honestly.
>>
I hate the ""non binary"" trope of having a stupid fucking name. I mean, I hate non binaries regardless, but I may be able to take them a little more seriously if they didn't pick names like Pegasus, Artemis, Juniper, Aeryk, Pai... just to name a few in my region.
>>
File: Ngm3frG.png (124KB, 284x234px) Image search: [Google]
Ngm3frG.png
124KB, 284x234px
>>8371282
>Rayne
>Aricka
>Aura
>Saffron
>Fantasia
>Gigi
>Gorgeous
>Amerika
>Asia
>Chyna
>India
>Summer
>Autumn
>Winter
>Miss-T
>Lala
>Goddess
>Barbie
>Moody
>Sasha
>Lucretia
>Tamika
>Fifi
>Jess/Tess
>Lola
>Kira
>Majick
>Gyna
>Ophelia
>Queenie
>Kaydence
>Freeda
>Jesska
>Fusha
Are you triggered yet?
>>
>>8371262
Did your autumn have schizophrenia, coincidentally?
>>
>>8371320
When words become names...
>>
>>8354722
I almost chose the name April for myself but I was born in May. Funnily enough, one of my best friends is a trans girl born in April and she chose the name May.
>>
>>8371320
>summer
>autumn
>sasha
>ophelia
these are all really normal though

>fifi
isn't that just a nickname of Fiona? seems fairly normal to me
>>
>>8373107
>ophelia
>these are all really normal
Real life isn't Shakespeare.
>>
>tfw mom wouldve named me bailey
i'm not going with disgusting redneck names

i came up with annie on the spot when i came out and it just stuck
>>
>>8373159
After the porn star or the sexologist?
>>
>>8371262
same same
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.