[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lgbt christians/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 9745-repent_church_man_praying.jpg (76KB, 630x315px) Image search: [Google]
9745-repent_church_man_praying.jpg
76KB, 630x315px
Are there any other Christians here that struggle with their faith because of their sexuality?
>>
File: oh look this thread again.jpg (39KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
oh look this thread again.jpg
39KB, 460x500px
>necromancy general
>>
I'm no longer religious, but I was raised Catholic.

We were always taught that people of any creed, faith, or sexuality are God's children and that he'd love you for who you are.

Don't worry about it too much. If there's an afterlife, you're not going to get barred from entry because the big guy looks at you and goes "Nope, too gay."

Besides, if he did, what kind of god would that be? I wouldn't want to follow that.
>>
File: 1495429228004.jpg (56KB, 564x849px) Image search: [Google]
1495429228004.jpg
56KB, 564x849px
>>8337756
No.
I know that Jesus loves me just the way I am.
>>
>>8337756
no
fuck religion
it's posion

there's islam and they like to blow themselves up to kill themselves and as many people around them as possible. and they enslave women. and their religion was spread through war and death. like the plague or a virus that likes to infect and kill its victims.

then there's christianity and they liked to kill people because they were heretics or because they liked another god. now they prefer to let /lg/ and /t/ kill themselves by taking away all their rights and preventing transition. of course it's not their fault though, because they are well-meaning christians. the romans should've crucified all of them.

then there's pagans and they're ok because they never did anything against lgbt
>>
>>8337782
>they never did anything against lgbt
new age hipster pagans maybe.
>>
>>8337782
this
>>
>>8337756
>tfw episcopalian

nah
>>
>>8338010
actually you know what I feel a bit of pressure from the church lately to adopt some kids from them

>gf and i engaged
>thinking winter wedding in church
>they're like yeah cool give us the date
>btw ya know how texas made it that a private adoption agency could reject an adopting couple based on religious/sexuality?
>well you know we have a church affiliated adoption agency and we'd never reject ya'll you're a beautiful couple everyone loves' ya'll you'd make wonderful parents
>hint hint
>everyone in the church asking when we're gonna adopt or if we're gonna try pregnancy
>uh no to pregnancy and waiting on adoption
>hints dropped that the adoption process takes a long time and we should start soon
>church wives bringing their babies by and talking about what good mothers we'd make pushing the babies on our laps
>gf just confused as fuck
>this was not the texas lifestyle she was expecting
>>
File: obseesed.jpg (38KB, 409x513px) Image search: [Google]
obseesed.jpg
38KB, 409x513px
>>8337756
I try to but I just cannot believe it. No matter how much I try to have faith. It is something I cannot experience. I have done a lot of research on Christianity and even read though a ton of Aquinas and currently working through City of God by Augustine. I love the intellectual work but I don't ever think I could actually believe it. I really like the moral and ethical dilemmas they tackled back then and that we still wrestle with today.
I just cannot put God in the picture.
>>
I'm a christian. I've come to ignore what other people say about my sexuality and focus on my relationship with God. I don't believe that something that isn't a choice can be a sin, and homosexuality isn't a choice.
>>
>>8338010
>make-it-up-as-you-go denomination
>>
>>8337756
I don't, because I'm aware that homosexuality is compatible with Christianity.
>>
File: 1494098451714.jpg (1MB, 1141x1141px) Image search: [Google]
1494098451714.jpg
1MB, 1141x1141px
raised greek orthodox, had a falling out when the faith betrayed me. the people and clergy i had grown up with and trusted implicitly became cold strangers and treated me like some leprous outsider. was refused communion and i knew i was no longer welcome.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.