[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does transmen have male privilege?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1466658553535.jpg (215KB, 960x572px) Image search: [Google]
1466658553535.jpg
215KB, 960x572px
Does transmen have male privilege?
>>
>>8337475
Admittedly, sometimes I still do expect that an employee will grab my bag as I'm boarding a train or coach bus, or a door will be held open for me, or a seat will be offered to me, or I'll be told to go first, or some dude at the bar will buy me a drink, or some such day to day courtesy.

I've never been feminine but I am small and over time I looked less like a middle schooler boy and more like a tomboy female, therefore, those kinds of occurrences increased, and I admittedly became used to it. Additionally such things didn't bother me because I convinced myself to think I was being perceived as a VIP or boss, rather than some helpless tiny girl.

For several years, no one's expected me to handle stuff on my own (speaking of job tasks and life skills now) that doing it with no one shadowing me or rehearsing what I need to do seems almost daunting in a way. I have to take care of it without mistakes or questions and it's really like "wow why couldn't it always be like this" because that's what I've always wanted but now I'm just not used to it.

I guess in that way, I'm struggling to let go of female privilege, if such a thing really does exist.
>>
>>8337507
>if such a thing really does exist.
>saying this after giving evidence that it does exist.
>>
>>8337475
This image reminds me as to why I hate reddit. I went back there yesterday, made a few posts and got downvoted in oblivion for what thought were completely hostile and reasonable impersonal suggestions.

That place is a shithole, atleast people know that they're worthless and full of shit here.
>>
>>8338486
Well what were your suggestions? You're not giving enough information to pass judgement.
>>
>>8338486
non hostile*

>>8338497
I simply said that trannys (I said transpeople of course) should reject people like Riley Dennis and her crazy claims that "not wanting to date a tranny with a penis makes you a transphobe" because they damage the cause far more than the right wing does

Ofcourse I got tons of responses from punk-hons talking about how I was an uncle tom, how I must have awful self, "FUCK CISSIES LEL, WHO GIVES A FUCK, why do people think I'm mentally ill tho ;_:;;;;" and other drivel that completely missed the point.

Honestly, I tried explaining myself as friendly and as clearly as possible, this has made me realise that I'm probably a shit communicator though.
>>
>>8338516
>this has made me realise that I'm probably a shit communicator though.
Nobody's perfect at communicating but some people don't want to listen when their interpretation is so much more fun.
>>
They have male and female privilege.
They get the best of both worlds
>>
>>8337507
That's interesting that you said all that because I'm having the same kind of things as an MtF with the opposite feelings. I'm not used to someone taking over for me or helping me. It's been 7 years and every time someone helps me I have this gut reaction to be like "Does it seem like I can't do this myself?" but I don't say anything, I flash a happy smile and say thank you. It seems to light up their faces that they did good and helped me out, but inside I feel pathetic. I feel like everyone is looking down on me because I'm inadequate even though they are just being thoughtful and kind towards me.

It's the same with heavy objects. I lifted everything on my own for most of my life, so I'm used to it. If I try to help someone else out though, they won't accept my help and men roll their eyes when I say I can do something. It's a bit frustrating because it feels like I'm being treated like a child or weak or incompetent. With every new person I have to prove that I'm not weak and not stupid. That's something I miss about presenting as male. Everyone looked at me and never once questioned my ability or my word.
>>
>>8337475
yeah

once they stop looking like girls they get bullied and treated like shit just like regular guys
>>
Im a cis woman and nobody helps me with shit even the other day I was struggling to bring something up the stairs and my bf just watched and said "oh I thought you got it, it would be rude to help". WTF
>>
>>8338839
You live in a city of beta males it sounds like. Everyone around here helps me all the time and it's nice and also obnoxious.
>>
>>8338613
How would I have female privilege, as a guy who looks and blends in 100% as any other guy? If anything I have a disadvantage especially because it's harder to get a woman.
>>
>>8338849
In what way is it alpha to live in servitude to women?
>>
>>8338866
Because as an alpha you recognize women are worse than you so you aid them. Beta men are the type of male to be like 'You got this babe you can do anything'
>>
>>8338890
>Because as an alpha you recognize women are worse than you so you aid them.
The word is mangina, not alpha.
>>
>>8338839
You're probably ugly, honestly.
>>
>>8338918

I definitely considered that. But my bf says I am so pretty/sexy but like... he won't help me carry?
>>
>>8338839
That's equality lol.
>>
>>8338613
thats total bullshit
in fact they get discriminated more cause they look like non-manly manlets
>>
>>8339072

Manlets still get male privilege. Male privilege definitely applies to ftm. Cis privilege does not.
>>
>>8339109
you are not making any fucking sense
if they dont pass for cis than what 'male' are you talking about
>>
>>8339150

People of their gender run the entire world.
People of their gender dominate in media and take more active roles
Ftm get paid more compared to cis woman and trans women alike. (Maybe this doesn't happen if they don't """pass""")
Clothes designed for their gender are more practical (pockets etc)

etc etc
>>
>>8337475
Male privilege does not exist in 1st world countries.
>>
>>8339261
>t. MRA
>>
>>8338839

Be glad you've successfully escaped the paradigm of the phallo-centrist patriarchy, cister. Your semen provider is an enlightened individual who understands the struggle and allows you to empower yourself. The dreams of glorious feminism have come to fruition in your partner.
>>
>>8338854
when people find out they are trans their first instinct isnt to murder them. they are not seen as potential rapists when its known they are trans
those are the 2 big ones
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.