[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Transphobic comment from Bachelorette contestant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

http://m.eonline.com/news/855390/the-bachelorette-contestant-bryce-powers-is-already-in-the-internet-dog-house-for-transphobic-comment

The ABC show's website features Q&As with the 31 men who will be competing to win the heart of star Rachel Lindsay. One of them, Florida firefighter Bryce Powers, was asked, "What's your biggest date fear?"

"The chick is actually a dude," the 30-year-old was quoted as saying.

Many people on Twitter were not having it.

"Bryce from the Bachelorette's biggest fear is trans women who are attempting to conceal their birth sex. I see why yer single, douche bag, RuPaul's Drag Race season four winner Sharon Needles tweeted.

Is that really transphobic?
>>
No shit it is. If she passed so well he didn't know, then he's got no place going "actually a dude". It shows what he actually thinks of transwomen in one little sentence.
>>
>>8331095
Trans women either have dicks, or "vaginas" that aren't anything like cis women's vaginas.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking actual vaginas.
>>
>>8331095

Just because a trans woman is good at looking like a cis woman doesn't make them interchangeable. Trans women aren't cis that's why we need 2 different words.
I wouldn't date a trans man, it means pretty much never having biological children and no way do I want sex with a vagina (not sure about artificial penises or whatever).
>>
>>8331103

I heard they can end up looking very similar, even if it obviously can't function the same.

I'm glad I found my bf when I did, when I don't need to try to dodge all these trans people telling me I need to date them or else.
>>
>>8331095
Yes I suppose I didn't think about that. But honestly if you don't know any trans people or the proper terms to use your ignorance of will lead you to call a trans woman a "dude".
I think that's more due to societal ignorance as opposed to transphobia.
It's about educating children in schools about trans issues.
>>
>>8331085
lol He looks like a faggot I find it very hard to believe a tranny would even consider going out with someone that faggoty looking.
>>
>>8331105
>>8331103
>missing the point on purpose
clever
>>
It may be transphobic in a very literal sense where he's actually honestly afraid that the woman he's dating is packing a schlong in her panties. But as far as the general use of the word to describe a dislike of or bigotry towards trans people, it's not necessarily transphobic. He's just saying that he doesn't like dicks and isn't attracted to transgirls, so it would be quite disturbing for him to realise the 'girl' he's been making out with all night was once a man.

That said, they guy looks like a total faggot and this is probably one of those things that self-hating closeted gay guys say in order to 'convince' everyone of their unwavering sexuality. The idea that this could honestly be his biggest dating fear is kinda absurd. Personally, my biggest fear if I was dating a girl would be that she turns out to be some psychotic feminist who tries to cut my dick off and throw it out a car window. That may be because I'm personally into trannies, so that's obviously not going to scare me, but I'm sure 100% of hetero guys would agree that my scenario is a lot more frightening than his.

Still, it bears repeating that, just because a guy doesn't want to bang a tranny, doesn't mean he's a bigot.
>>
>>8331874
>>8331727
>>
>>8331886

What?
>>
>>8331911
From how it's worded it seems more like their fear is not a girl with a dick, their fear is a man with a dick. It's not about not liking them, that's a piss bitch excuse to justify the insistence on holding onto certain ideas that are in poor taste.
>>
I'm just curious if anyone has ever actually shamed someone into fucking them?
Dude doesn't want to fuck dudes, and you trannies are dudes.
It's the same shit as when a black gay goes on a tangent about racism! Your salty fucking tears aren't going to change the fact that you make my dick soft, darkie.
>>
>>8331936

It could probably be that the only difference between a girl with a dick and a man with a dick, physically speaking, is only superficial (pretty clothes, girly mannerism, hormones). There's nothing wrong with someone not wanting to date a transgirl.

I mean, as far as I can tell, a lot of the butthurt coming from this isn't just the fact that he's claiming he doesn't want to date a tranny, but the fact that he phrased it in the way he did.
>>
>>8331960
It has nothing to do with him not wanting to date her and stop trying to force that.
It's about him seeing the hypothetical girl as a man he isn't interested in instead of a girl he isn't interested in.
>>
>>8331960
Again, no shit. Calling a transwoman a man is extremely demeaning. That's what I meant in the first place. It shows that he hasn't bothered to learn anything about the people he's opening his mouth about. It shows he's dumb enough to say shit everyone knows is a bad idea these days under national scrutiny. Transwomen aren't cis women, but they're still women in their own right if they put in the effort to get pass and especially if bottom surgery.

If he's not just being a bigoted ass and is serious that that is somehow his biggest dating fear, he's probably a closet fag too.

It's not bigoted to say transwomen aren't cis women, it's bigoted to call them men knowing that you're perpetuating hatred and hurting vulnerable people. How is this hard?
>>
>>8332029
>>8332031

Hate to break it to you, but in many ways, transwomen are men. They have male genetics, male musculature, male skeletal structure, male genitals (even if they get those genitals butchered and turned into sub-par makeshift pussies). You don't have the right to just demand that everyone ignore reality and see you the same way you see yourself. In fact, it's this kind of attitude that's only going to make things worse for transpeople.

This is what a lot of trannies refuse to accept, most likely as a result of their dysphoria. The reality of the situation is far more complicated than a lot of you would ever want to admit. Really you could say that transpeople are a partially artificial sex created by humans ourselves. The dysphoria that leads to the tranny having the 'mind' of the opposite sex is naturally occuring, but the treatment with hormones and various superficial surgeries is essentially creating something new altogether.

So I'm sorry, but it's not as simple as just being able to say you're a woman, and that's it. Ultimately, a transgirl has as much of a claim to being a woman as anyone else has in claiming that they're actually men. It would probably be better for everyone if we solidified a clear idea of what we're dealing with here instead of just screaming and shouting 'we're women, deal with it!'. You can't just force your subjective reality on other people and expect everyone to conform. We'd probably be better off treating transmen and transwomen as what they are; essentially 'new' third and fourth genders that have traits that we associate with the both 'natural' genders in various different ways.

I think it's a real cop out to say that calling a transwoman a man is necessarily a hateful act. I mean, most of the time it probably is, but for someone who wants to see reality as it is, you're going to have to accept that you are, in many ways, a man.
>>
>>8332081
I'm sorry, nature is irrelevant and unimportant, it has no authority or power, and I will do whatever I want, you seem rather butthurt about that friend, that's not great, remember live and let live?
>>
>>8331712
He's clearly a pseudo-cishet repressed hon.
>>
>>8331874
see, the issue is that underpinning his statement is the suggestion that because it's his biggest fear, he'd react to it the way other people would react to their worst fears e.g. sharks, being mugged, claustrophobia etc.- that if he found himself in a situation where someone he thought was cis turned out to be trans, he'd lash out violently and without rational thought

so of course trans people are gonna be offended, scared and angry when a big chad like him says his worst fear is that "the chick is actually a dude"
because of the implication
>>
>>8332081
You're so full of shit I'm wondering why you're even on this board.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.