[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When Non-Denominational really means Homophobic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: 1495117449550.png (101KB, 384x350px) Image search: [Google]
1495117449550.png
101KB, 384x350px
https://www.believeoutloud.com/latest/when-non-denominational-really-means-homophobic

Yes, there are plenty of churches who still don't want LGBT people to be members.
>>
>>8317861
I don't think I'll ever be able to fathom why lgbt people are religious, or at least why they follow organized religions.
You can believe in anything you want in the world yet they pick the one thing that wants to eliminate them off the face of the planet.
>>
>>8317881
its called brainwashing anon its the organized religions way of getting rid of a problem without having to kill them just convert them and prevent them from living a happy life.
>>
>>8317881
Have you ever read the Bible, anon?

>>8317905
I was raised to believe homosexuality is a sin, but I gradually came to the realization that it isn't. That's the opposite of brainwashing. I'm gay and Christian and I love my life.
>>
>>8318064
Exactly. Gay christian and perfectly happy after actually reading the Bible for myself.
>>
>>8318073
explain why you can't marry then.
>>
>>8318086
Marriage is a holy covenant prescribed between a man and a woman. It's supposed to produce life, that's why it isn't for us. There's no reason we can't have civil unions and enjoy all of the same rights though.
>>
>>8318086
Gays can get married lol.
If you read the bible you realise that a lot of church teaching is bullshit and had nothing to do with what Jesus taught.
Andy Warhol was a practicing Catholic until the day he died.
>>
>>8317881
They're told to obey, and they do. It's really that simple. Most "humans" are that simple.
>>
>>8318120
yes within the religious group. The problem is somehow marriage became a political thing. That is why it's such a debated topic why is marriage even in politics to begin with. Also Why celebrate a religion that specifically denies gay people a holy sacrament its bs.
>>
>>8317881
Eh I'm kinda episcopalian. I wasn't raised particularly christian, kinda vague catholic traditions and my aunt taking me to a mormon church a lot but nothing stuck. Then as I got older in my teens and went through some shitty times there they were and they never pressured me so it got me curious. I went to their church on sunday and it was just brief sermon and then out to a potluck to feed homeless and idk, shit just felt cool.

Like idk about god and certainly don't see the bible as a literal book but they're nice folks, nicer than most I've met, and jesus on the hill is some pretty good shit. And really I just like the volunteer work and community aspects besides them happening to be cool with gays.
>>
>>8318169
> realise that a lot of church teaching is bullshit

why go to church and give them money then. Just celebrate your own personal way of life not follow a 2k year old book written to manipulate politics.
>>
>>8318120
oh also no it's not to produce life its to recognize a man and women getting together to recognize their vows and to celebrate a sacrament. Because in order to go to heaven you have to satisfy a certain number of sacraments. Being gay actively denies you an opportunity to go to heaven because of it. SO again why follow a religion that literally tries to deny you entrance to heaven? Like i said you are just brainwashed and are being used because you live in the modern day and organized religions can't kill you anymore otherwise they couldn't be organized.
>>
File: joji.jpg (17KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
joji.jpg
17KB, 360x203px
>>8317861

>raised Greek Orthodox
>le gay since youth
>22 and struggling with my identity
>who can I turn to?
>lightning bolt of stupidity!
>i'll talk to the priest
>sit down, pour out my story
>"Christ loves you and you're always welcome here"
>wew
>continue attending services
>people I've known since childhood giving me the cold shoulder
>treated like an outsider
>end up living the congregation when the priest refused to let me partake in communion
>>
>>8318269

>priest spilling the beans to every faggot around

I was raised Roman Catholic and at the least in confession that shit isn't allowed. Why is it in the Orthodox church?
>>
>>8318227
Because I believe in God?
Because I believe in the power of the Eucharist?
Because I believe in the assumption of the Virgin Mary?
Because God, St Michael, the Virgin Mary, the Rosary have gotten me through very rough times?
My faith is solid in spite of the bullshit spouted by humans within the church.
The lesbian leader of the biggest gay organisation in Europe, stonewall, is also a practicing Catholic.
>>
File: 1488947863409.png (58KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1488947863409.png
58KB, 554x439px
I'm non-religious for reasons unrelated to being gay
Personally, I think God is an alien and shouldn't be worshipped (or doesn't even want to be worshipped)
>>
>>8318284

He probably went home and told his wife (he's not a bishop so marriage is ok) she tells every gossip mongering vesper cunt. He sees it creating subtle rifts and gave me the incentive to leave when he refused me from partaking communion and say my blessings to the Theotokos. That's my guess.
>>
>>8318287
You can literally do all this shit without giving money to the church who secretly hate people like us like fucking seriously. All religion is at this point is an organization that wants to push their own specific set of beliefs on people.

>Because God, St Michael, the Virgin Mary, the Rosary have gotten me through very rough times?
It's best to rely on your own sense of your own spirit not others. It's how you actually become more wise and enlightened yes I used that fucking word. Being a lone wolf when the pack abandoned you is what makes you stronger not living vicariously within the group. Again most of society treats lgbt like shit so why do what normies do? If god actually exists and truely loves you he wants to see you get through this on your own not through other asshats who take advantage of you.
>>
File: white path.jpg (164KB, 989x765px) Image search: [Google]
white path.jpg
164KB, 989x765px
>>8317881
>I don't think I'll ever be able to fathom why lgbt people are religious
Everything in your mind and body says no, people call you crazy, but your soul says yes--this is true sustenance. You keep walking the path. It's full of doubt and self-sabotage. One step after the other.
>>
>>8318314

Fug, I’m starting RCIA soon and because I’m so fascinated by Eastern Christianity (including the prominence of the Theotokos) I’m thinking I’ll attend this gorgeous little Byzantine Catholic parish in my area, so your story really hits home. Shouldn’t your priest have only refused you the Eucharist if you were an unrepentant sodomite though? And didn’t he himself commit a mortal sin by breaking the seal of confession? Or was this not told to him in the context of confession? In any case fuck his wretched wife, she’s the best argument for clerical celibacy I’ve ever heard.
>>
>>8318301
I hate when people assume I'm not a Christian just because I'm a lesbian.

It's a lot more to do with the fact that I don't buy the idea of an all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful god that's left the world in this state. You can go on all day about how it's due to our sinful nature and God letting us have free will or whatever comeback is standard now, but a god that lets little kids get cancer, and all the other bullshit is not one I find worth worshipping.

The Bible literally has a story (Book of Job) about how God will fuck you over in a fast second if it means he can say "I told you so" to the devil, that's fucking dickish and I don't understand how people interpret it as a hopeful story of how we must endure or whatever.
>>
File: 1492489468664.jpg (30KB, 555x416px) Image search: [Google]
1492489468664.jpg
30KB, 555x416px
>>8318460

One day after paraklesis I approached him. I quietly informed him a confession where the congregation could possibly overhear the Sacrament would be detrimental (we don't have confession boxes, the priest merely places a shawl over your head and listens) so we went to his office.

It was part confession part seeking advice. I wasn't trying to 'cure' the gay away but looking to reconcile my faith and my orientation. I wanted to continue serving Christ but acknowledge He had made me this way.

The priest didn't chastise me or say I was unwelcome. I can only surmise he TOLD somebody he thought he could trust to keep a lid on it i.e his wife.

But hey, I still love the faith. The rituals, the music, the everything. I know that makes me a small minded stupid christfag but life without Orthodoxy isn't one I want to live. I found an American Orthodox congregation I feel comfortable in but I learnt my lesson: some things need to be kept a secret.
>>
>>8318331
No you can't, its about being part of a community.
Jesus said himself that when two or more of us are together he is there with us, hence why the church is necessary.
I was in prison and in hospital and I got tremendous support and guidance from the chaplaincy.
My trans friend was a Muslim and the Imam referred to her as sister and respected her unlike a lot of the staff who worked there.
Truly religious people have nothing but love for other people.
Stop projecting your own negative experience on others.
>>
>>8318547
>Stop projecting your own negative experience on others.

You realize those "true" religious people are far and few between, right? Loads of LGBT people have had negative experiences with religion, and even the "love the sinner, hate the sin" bullshit that's very common now isn't exactly affirming and loving.
>>
>>8318547
What support and guidance did you get?
>>
>>8317861
If a church tolerates divorce and allows people who had premarital sex/ had kids out of wedlock, then why exclude LGBT people from the pews?
>>
>>8318885
Because they're straight people, and straight people are disgusting? Go figure, they behave in a disgusting manner. Who could have guessed.
>>
File: PregLady.jpg (94KB, 690x960px) Image search: [Google]
PregLady.jpg
94KB, 690x960px
>>8318904
Str8 ppl don't have s-e-x, they pray to GAWD & GEEZUS & TEH VIRGIN MARY, a stork comes from heaven & a newborn baby in the basket rite to the parents' front door step, LOLZ
>>
>>8318975
I'm not sure why you're imitating straight people in response to my post. Perhaps you're trying to imply they're not disgusting, just retarded? Because if you choose to be retarded on purpose, that's more disgusting than it is retarded.
>>
>>8318983
Sex isn't disgusting, bigotry is. Have some humor, pls. Religious nuts act like they don't eat poo or pee.
>>
>>8317881
Like how LGBT ppl can be Republicans? the GOP doesn't care for em. The GOP want to make being gay a capital offense, they want it to be the 28th amendment (US constitution).
>>
>>8318995
Oh, so you were implying that they choose to be evil because they want to pretend that sex is bad. Lol no. They're pure evil because they choose to be, because they're dog shit.

They have an billion excuses for why acting straight is o.k., and none of those excuses are worth memorizing because they're all bullshit.
>>
>>8318212
Marriage is a religious institution and it should stay one. Civil unions should be the only thing the government recognizes or has any part in. Those rights should belong to anyone, whether straight or gay.

Saying it's bs for gay people to be denied marriage is like saying it's bs that men can't give birth - they're things that are simply incompatible with each other. Marriage is a holy bond between a man and a woman. It's not for gay people or those who have taken vows of celibacy. That doesn't mean that we're lesser or that God hates us or whatever.

>>8318254
The Bible specifically states that homosexuals are capable of inheriting the Kingdom of God, so I know you don't know what you're talking about.

Also, how exactly am I being used? I get told practically every day by both gay people and Christians that a gay Christian is an oxymoron. There's so much hate from both sides, so I don't understand how you think I'm part of some conspiracy.
>>
>>8319299
It's bullshit that all religious people aren't skinned alive for endorsing a history of 10,000 years of nothing but pure evil. Pretending like they deserve anything but death is a joke.
>>
File: classical liberalism.gif (793KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
classical liberalism.gif
793KB, 360x203px
>>8319445
>>
>>8319299
>The Bible specifically states that homosexuals are capable of inheriting the Kingdom of God
Hi, not her but umm...what's this? Could you kindly demonstrate where that is? Because last I knew, it was 'neither adulterers or lascivious or homosexuals or abusers of themselves with others or....' and I'd be REAL interested in seeing something I wasn't taught (and it wouldn't be the first time).
>>
>>8319506
Posting a hat doesn't negate anything I said.
>>
>>8319616

No, the inanity of the statement itself does. You dogshit paedophile.
>>
>>8318577
No, my experience is that most people in the church are open and lovImg.
It really does only seem to be a problem with evangelical churches.
The traditional churches although they may have issues with homosexuality you'll never hear a homily condemning it.

>>8318591
Everyday they'd come and talk to me. I was given a beautiful Bible by the Church of England female priest.
The Catholic priests took my confession.
The catholic chaplain came and blessed my room because I was convinced there were demons in there.
They would just come and talk to us and if we needed something they'd try and get it for us.
That is the common Christian trait.

And like I said my Muslim trans friend got a lot of support from her imam who was incredibly supportive of her transition.
And she was bat shit crazy so he was patient too.
>>
>>8319299
So you are saying a man with a woman who can't have kids can't marry? Holy shit you are brain dead.

Then why does religion spite lgbt so much?
>>
File: IMG_4977.jpg (23KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4977.jpg
23KB, 225x225px
>>8317861
>believing in Jewish kike god
Fuck Christianity. It's just a ploy created by heebs to control goyim.
>>
>>8319607
>I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
>Luke 17:34-36 (KJV)
>>
>>8319607
>neither adulterers or lascivious or homosexuals or abusers of themselves with others or.
I mean Paul talks about how your "body is a temple" and shit, but read between the lines: he's saying this not just to homosexuals or other degenerates, he's openly saying it's everyone who has sex outside of marriage. If the half-hearted Christians who steal, lie, and whore themselves are just as bad as any of us, then think about it a bit more...

They believe their sins won't condemn them to hell. Jesus said the eunuchs were blessed, and let's not fuck around here: a lot of transpeople are celibate because of hormones, so we are all way further on the journey to heaven than the non chemically castrated masses. Paul was against most every kind of sex, and he was a fucking zealous guy, no doubt.

Also King David had a male lover, and then look how he's named: guy fucked around with dudes and stole peoples' wives, and god called him "beloved." Go figure.

You're not going to hell if you hate yourself enough and love Jesus more.
>>
>>8320257
woah hating yourself? that sounds kinda brainwashy
>>
>>8319681
>being Christian
>accusing others of being dogshit pedophiles
>>
>>8317861
>Yes, there are plenty of churches who still don't want LGBT people to be members.
Wow you are surprised at that, next you'll be surprised /pol/ doesn't want you either.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.