[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do AGPs and AAPs have such high IQs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: 4fb.jpg (233KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4fb.jpg
233KB, 1000x1000px
Why do AGPs and AAPs have such high IQs?
>>
>>8311295
•high pitched voice•

WHAT?!
>>
>>8311295
We don't know. It's almost like they are third and fourth genders. In IQ order going down:
>AAPs
>AGPs
>cis and HSTS men
>cis and HSTS women
>>
>>8311295
Non-transitoning semi-repressed AGP here.
Wouldn't consider 141 IQ high, as in the end IQ is meaningless, even with 600 IQ I can't magically become a girl, edit all memories, live out my fantasies and then turn back without anyone knowing.

But in all seriousness, only higher IQ people have the extreme mental gymnastics required to avoid transitioning.
>>
>>8311295
I don't think they do. I think people with higher IQs are smart enough to realize that being like this doesn't mean they can't be trans, which leads them to transitioning. Dumb AGPs repress forever.
>>
>>8311295
The opposite is the case, actually.
>>
>>8311295
Only AGPs are ugly enough to care about their IQ and test it.
Any decent looking person knows the world cares more about looks and personality than intelligence and couldn't give a fuck.
>>
>>8311295
It's because they are autistic.
>>
>>8311536
Lol no, AGPs and AAPs, its time to create our new society, without the normie brain structure to limit us we can become GODS
>>
File: dopefit.jpg (59KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
dopefit.jpg
59KB, 604x603px
>>8311319
>le I am going to go out of my way to drop my well above average iq and then say it isn't high because I'm so FUCKING HUMBLE!!!
>le
>>
>>8311927
I think most smart people usually make a habit of thinking that they're mediocre at best, or stupid at worst, as to motivate themselves to improve.
>>
>>8311295
AAPs are autistic
AGPs dont have higher IQ, its just the known ones
>>
>why are people in /lgbt/'s hot new acronym meme of the month smarter?

Almond status: activated
>>
>>8311927
It's a part of the heavy neuroticism, depression, and self - loathing that comes with being that intelligent often. She's partially right though because high IQ and gender dysphoria don't mix well. Try to pity her instead if you can, it's a really painful existence. I know from experience
>>
>>8311319
if you actually had that IQ you wouldn't post such drivel lmao
>>
>>8312150
Wow you are really behind the times on your acronyms.
>>
File: 36.png (1MB, 842x981px) Image search: [Google]
36.png
1MB, 842x981px
There is no such thing as AGP or AAP. People who believe in them are actually of such low IQ they cannot recognize their own lack of mental capabilities. I assure you, you're all in the 80-90 range if you're retarded enough to believe in a circular theory from a kook who's been disregarded by professional psychologists.
>>
>>8312211
No one talks about AGP or AAP off this website, because only here can you idiots keep posting the same shit and ignore the clear proof youre wrong with a new thread.
>>
>>8312327
Or just really self-loathing and lacking in confidence..
>>
>>8312327
>There is no such thing as AGP
t. AGP
>>
>>8312339
Either way you're wrong and hurting transgender people as a whole by propagating this hateful shit.
>>
File: 23 (2).png (1MB, 787x941px) Image search: [Google]
23 (2).png
1MB, 787x941px
>>8312343
Are you calling me stupid?
>>
>>8312346
Like, yeah, but people fall prey to stuff like this for all sorts of reasons. Some hold on to it because they were only ever exposed to the "So you want to be a t-girl" sort of narrative beforehand. The one where ever being aroused by crossdressing or not knowing you were trans since you were a kid are grounds for disqualification. These people need to be saved, not berated, even though they are being harmful by spreading these ideas.
>>
>>8312351
idk anon, i'm sure you have your reasons for not wanting to believe AGP
>>
>>8312369
Reason 1: The Scientific Method
>>
>>8312369
The typology being nonsensical and circular is a good reason fampai
>>
>>8312154
t.brainlet
>>
>>8312363
how can we be saved anon?
>>
>>8312382
By being told what the psychological community actually believes, that this sort of arousal is actually common in pre-transitioners and that it is okay to be like this. APA and WPATH both disregard the typology (as evidenced by them paying no heed to the patient's orientation in placing a diagnosis) and they're the organizations that guide public policy regarding transgender care in the US and much of the western world. Explain this gently and kindly.

Sadly I'm semi-drunk right now so I can't into kindly and gently atm.
>>
>>8312382
Start by stop propagating AGP. Whenever you want to discuss AGP, think of all the transwomen getting beaten to death in the streets because you encouraged the societal hatred of them.
>>
>>8312397
i know they don't believe it and i know it's okay to be like this. it's still true though...

>>8312403
how did we encourage harm of anybody?
>>
>>8312346
>>8312327
Stop posting this retarded drivel. It's idiots like you who condemn agp trans women to hondom
>>
>>8312410
How so?
>>
>>8312407
>It's still true though
What is the interest of the larger psychological community to deny the truth? Wouldn't they have far more to gain by caving to the various large and powerful interest groups who would very much like the typology to become the leading narrative because that makes it easier to advance their agendas? It is a lot easier to deny the right to transition and live as the other sex to someone if you believe that they're responsible for their own illness (as the typology suggests AGPs are). HSTSs too are straight men making a "rational choice" because they feel society would be more accepting of them if they were transwomen.

I think that the largest professional organizations believe what they believe because that's what the professional consensus is. Transsexuality is thought to be inborn. Note that this is distinct from a strict "transsexuals are just the other sex inside" argument. It's just "something causes these people to feel like this and we think it is probably inborn in the same way homosexuality is".
>>
>>8312419
By insistently denying the existence of AGP and claiming that agps are causing harm you're directly keeping agp trans from seeking the proper resources and information as well as fueling their repression.
If you want to condemn people who say you can't be trans and agp or use some bastardized interpretation of BT or AGP to deny trans women treatment then absolutely do it, those people deserve the wall. If you want to condemn Blanchard's typology whatever I'm not that attached to it and it has some flaws. If you want to deny the existence of AGP and call agp trans women harmful you need to go fuck yourself.
>>
>>8312435
idk why other people do what they do
>>
>>8312407
By propagating AGP, you propagate the idea that we are in fact men who are mentally disabled. This gives validity to people who hate us for being weak and unable to fight it, hate us for being imposters trying to make them gay, etc etc.
>>
File: 1482100617657.jpg (429KB, 1589x646px) Image search: [Google]
1482100617657.jpg
429KB, 1589x646px
>>8311317
>tfw cis male AAP
>>
>>8312476
how does it mean that?
>>
>>8312466
I think that you should care when it comes to something that relates to you so intimately.
The typology itself is more of an hypothesis than a theory with data that proves it. The data only proves that AGP-like arousal correlates with transitioning later/being gender-conforming as a child/being gynephilic. It never establishes a deterministic, causal relationship between these factors and later studies similarly failed to find a causal, deterministic relationship. Blanchard dismissed people who did not fit his theory as (perhaps subconsciously) lying for social desirability reasons, which helped him round them off so he could make his grand claim about everyone fitting into one of two types. That's not the reality of it.

Ultimately we don't know why these factors correlate, but in absence of evidence there is no reason to believe a convoluted explanation that relies on fetishes being able to turn into orientations and sexual identities over the good ol' null hypothesis. Before you object you should note that Blanchard does not think AGP is inborn and so, yes, while AGP is an orientation, it only becomes an orientation over time as a result of life experiences. By the way that should be another red flag: what other orientations are the result of life experiences? People aren't gay or straight due to life experiences, but due to birth-related factors.
>>
>>8312513
i said idk not idc. i do care but i don't know.

i don't think it matters if it's inborn or what. it doesn't mean i'm "responsible for my own illness" either way imo.
>>
>>8312700
>i said idk not idc. i do care but i don't know.
Yeah. I meant that you should care enough to think about it.

>i don't think it matters if it's inborn or what. it doesn't mean i'm "responsible for my own illness" either way imo.
It matters to the people who want to weaponize this line of thought. "Born this way" is already accepted due homosexuals. "Fapped so much to something it changed their orientation" less so. The point isn't that bastards want to weaponize the typology so it is false - that would be nonsensical - but that there are intense pressures on the psychological community to accept it because that would be convenient for the numerous, powerful anti-trans organizations. Yet they community does not. Why? Either you think that a bunch of huge professional organizations are covering up the truth out of the kindness of their hearts, at the cost of their own pockets and professional integrity, or they actually believe in the ideas they're espousing for professional reasons.
>>
>>8312856
i do think about it. but i can't tell...

i don't think anyone thinks it's from fapping too much

why would it be kind to cover up the truth? imo both your options give them more credit than they deserve.
>>
>>8312922
>i don't think anyone thinks it's from fapping too much
The orientation (and later cross-gender identity) supposedly develops from engagement with the initial paraphilia i.e. fetish.

>why would it be kind to cover up the truth? imo both your options give them more credit than they deserve.
Here are the options as I see them:
Option 1: The typology is true. The anti-trans lobby is pressuring the psychological community to accept this but they aren't because they don't think society is ready for the truth. They sacrifice their own monetary gain and scientific integrity for the sake of helping trans people.
Option 2: The typology is false. The anti-trans lobby is pressuring the psychological community to accept it as true but they aren't because they're committed to science.
>>
>>8312969
idk how it develops but it's the same as other sexualities probably

option 3: the community don't know what they are talking about
>>
>>8313040
>idk how it develops but it's the same as other sexualities probably
Other sexualities are inborn, so the answer must be no.

>option 3: the community don't know what they are talking about
Why do you presume everyone but one maverick and his friends are wrong when there is no outstanding evidence in favor of said rogue's ideas? Isn't scientific consensus of value to you? At the very least these people are more competent than you and I, have studied the subject for longer and have read Blanchard's work more closely. Yet they still came to the conclusions they did.

You can try to assume malice, but industry-wide incompetence? That's unreasonable.
>>
>>8313081
i know they are wrong because he was right and my life and sexuality are all the evidence i need

the scientific consensus isn't of value to me when it's wrong
>>
>>8311295
What the fuck is an AAP?
>>
>>8313130
> he was right
How can you tell?

>my life and sexuality are all the evidence i need
Here's the gist: your own personal experience can't prove his theory because you can't possibly tell why you are like you are based on personal experience. ETLEs describe an abstract process not consciously accessible to the individual. You can know how you feel but you can't tell us about the innermost processes that caused you to be like this just because you're you. If this was possible and plausible then a single gynephilic MTF similarly reporting that ETLEs don't apply to her would be enough to prove the typology wrong, and there is way more than one such MTF. The very idea depends on transsexuals lacking conscious access to their inner nature.

That the typology maps to your experience does not make it right - many different ideas can map to the same basic experience.
>>
>>8313173
i've never heard another idea that maps to my experience
>>
>>8311554

IQs were tested for HSTS in the same study that said AGP and AAP were smarter, so nice try.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.