[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do GIRL HAIR??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 15

File: i want to die.jpg (800KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
i want to die.jpg
800KB, 1080x1920px
How do girls always have such nice hair? all i ever did as a guy was use shampoo and conditioner, it seems like all girls have different routines using random products, and they have amazing hair, while my hair looks shit :( i don't understand any of this, i just want hair like girls have!

Will maybe hrt make my hair look girl on its own? does it just need to be longer?

Also I realy don't know how to deal with my hairline, its realy bad and i'm on dutasteride as well as hrt, but progress is so slow. I have a typical M shape hair line and it makes me feel so sick and disgusted, i feel cursed because i shouldn't be this bald in my early 20's. Pic is me with my shitty fringe that doesn't even cover it up T_T What should i do?

Should i go to a hairdresser? what would i tell them? should i get fringe extensions? please help me /lgbt/ you are my only hope
>>
>>8306769
bumb
>>
>>8306769
>Also I realy don't know how to deal with my hairline

start adding nizoral shampoo 2% twice weekly to your routine, it will help a lot, takes a long time though
>>
Try bromoacetic acid.
>>
>quarter of the internet dedicated to female beauty tips with more than enough info
>asks 4chan
why do people do this?
>>
>>8306886
because its too overwhelming, and asking fellow mtf's on lgbt will give specific answers
>>
>>8306886
Honestly I have no clue where to start and most of the time /tttt/ can help me.
>>
File: 1464568672221.jpg (68KB, 1131x696px) Image search: [Google]
1464568672221.jpg
68KB, 1131x696px
>tfw just a quick brush and fluff makes my hair beautiful
My mom even used to say to me as a kid it was a shame I wasn't born a girl because my naturally wavy hair is god tier.
>>
>>8307270
>tfw mom used to tell me girls would pay to have my kind of hair
i don't know what kind of girl would pay to look like slash from guns and roses
>>
>>8307270
>tfw always had nice hair until I started balding at 15

Haha oh well I was gonna kill myself anyways
>>
File: 545781786041.png (512KB, 492x528px)
545781786041.png
512KB, 492x528px
>>8306769
No worries, child.
Learning to take care of your hair is a natural part of growing up after all, and if society won't help you, then I will, and I'm quite knowledgeable. Pay attention, this may be complicated.

First, you'll need a wetbrush. It's a specific kind of hairbrush designed for detangling hair, and used most often by girls/women. Despite the name, you don't have to use yours only when your hair is wet; it works on dry hair too. They come in many colors; what color will yours be, I wonder? In any case, you can find them at almost any drugstore, and for relatively cheap.

Always be brushing your hair to get the knots out, and once your hair is long enough, brush *underneath* to add volume and really smooth things out. The best time to brush is after a shower, and if you brush periodically until it air dries, you'll get lots of volume, and perfect hair. If you're going out, that's a tip to remember. Be wary of blowdrying, as it's fast and effective, but it can damage your hair without proper thermal sealant (though many girls do it anyway).

When it comes to shampoo, the most important thing to remember is that you should try to shampoo every other day, as doing so cleans your hair, but it also strips it of important oils necessary for moisture. You'll want to shampoo anyway if your hair is getting to greasy, obviously.

As your hair gets longer, you'll want to only condition the tips of your hair, as the rest will slowly cease tangling at all -- a little gift from Venus for those of us who follow her example.

Finally, you'll want some detangler mist. It's a spray that can magically dissolve your knots, decreasing the amount of elbow grease you'll expend on your hair (and it makes you smell very sweet during the process!). I recommend Pantene for that.

I won't overbear too much. Do you have any questions? I'm here 'till the sun rises.
>>
>>8308100
Not Op but would any of this apply if I have thick curly hair? Honestly anything you want to tell me about hair and how to take care of it would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: 54543544141.png (362KB, 373x470px) Image search: [Google]
54543544141.png
362KB, 373x470px
>>8308508
Curly hair works quite differently from straight hair, though some of the principals are comparable.

Thick and curly hair is always at risk of drying out, sustaining damage, and generally becoming a rats nest if not tended to. You should combat this by paying attention to keeping your hair hydrated. Avoid blowdrying completely, and pay attention to the spread of oils through your hair, as it often takes longer for the oils to distribute over straight hair. Keep brushing to an absolute minimum, as brushing is meant primarily to straighten hair, and that's not appropriate for you.

As far as shampoo goes, you'll need to forego shampoo entirely. The detergent-like, heavy cleaning properties of conventional shampoo will dry your hair out. Use a "cleansing conditioner" instead; it's specially formulated for curly hair, and will keep your curls under control while providing the light cleaning you need. You'll want to do this every day, as is the opposite with shampoo. You can supplement this with a conventional conditioner if you'd like, especially if you have long hair, and need to treat the tips.

You may also want to invest in a nighttime hair cap or silk/satin pillowcase. These will keep the moisture from wicking from your hair while you sleep, and the former will keep you from crushing and disrupting your curls.

Does that help you, child? If you need me to elaborate, all you have to do is ask and specify.
>>
>>8308706
That should help at least somewhat. I have like just about shoulder length hair. Do you have any exact product recommendations? I only used Pantene Pro V 2 in 1 and I guess I need to start looking for something else to use. I hate my curly hair I've never had any clue how to style or take care of it so thanks for any and all help.
>>
File: 1494776163735.jpg (38KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494776163735.jpg
38KB, 200x200px
>>8307270
>tfw iktf
I've gotten compliments from women all my life. Wavy hair is god-tier.
>>
File: 3087168715045.png (82KB, 205x234px) Image search: [Google]
3087168715045.png
82KB, 205x234px
>>8308822
>I hate my curly hair I've never had any clue how to style or take care of it so thanks
There are many that find curly hair quite pretty, you know. Still, I understand your disposition completely. There are ways to straighten your hair, if you'd like, but there are several side effects depending on your method. Your hair dresser should be your largest source of information on styling and the like.

>Do you have any exact product recommendations?
My hair is straight, as is evident. Consequentially, I do not have a plethora of specific names to give you. If your current product is working for you, you need not replace it, unless you're experimenting. Generally, you should watch for sulfate-free products. Nevertheless, here are a few I approve of:

Redken Genius Wash Cleansing Conditioner
Carols Daughter Black Vanilla Moisture & Shine Sulfate-Free Shampoo
DevaCurl No Poo, Conditioning Cleanser
>>
>>8309005
Yeah I almost considered straightening it but I was trying to figure out if I could do anything nice with my hair first. Thank you for all the help though I really appreciate it.
>>
File: 3150438178742.png (113KB, 242x302px) Image search: [Google]
3150438178742.png
113KB, 242x302px
>>8309088
>Thank you for all the help though I really appreciate it.
But of course!
Anything for those young ladies who've yet to find their way home.
>>
Try shampooing it less and use a boar-bristled brush on it everyday to help smooth out your hairs oils.
>>
>>8306862
I heard nizoral can make the scalp dry though, and my doc already says i have dry scalp so im scared
>>
>>8311121
just test it out?
if it dries your scalp then try 1% twice weekly (even though 1% should be used daily)
>>
>>8309205
I love you anon, the way you act makes you literally venus tier.
>>
>>8311758
I'm not op I just forgot to change the name from my thread
>>
>>8308706
Curly myself and I approve all this info. I'm in my nightcap as we speak.
>>
>>8308100
ah thanks for the advice. Do you have any conditioner recommendations? And i read lots of people deep condition once a week or so, I'm not sure why though
>>
>>8308706
Are Kerasilk treatments a meme or do they really help?
>>
File: GOOOOOOOLD.jpg (166KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
GOOOOOOOLD.jpg
166KB, 800x451px
Step one: Be a girl with hair
Step two: Go to a Salon, ask for a girls cut (let stylist pick) Buy whatever products/fancy shampoos they recommend
Step three: ????
Step four: Profit.
>>
>>8306886
>top 10 feminine beauty tips! Click now!
>other females hate her! find out her secret! Buy now!
>you won't believe how great this beauty tip is! Just buy this book!
4chan is one of the last places to actually talk to other people and get their real, unpaid opinion
>>
>>8308706
Odd, I have curly hair and I still brush it and blow-dry it, and it ends up looking fine.
>>
>>8314988
Step one: Be unpassing tranny early in transition with messy guy hair
Step two: Go to salon and be stared at and judged my staff and customers
Step 3: break down from dysphoria after seeing all the cis females with their feminine bodies and faces, while you a manhon by comparison dare to ask for a female haircut
Step4: Sit facing a mirror, staring at all your masculine traits, while a petite cis female cuts your hair, you get a clear view of what a real female body looks like next to yours
Step 5: Suicide
>>
>>8306769
How do you people sperg out at salons? You just walk in and tell the lady (or fag) what you want and they cut your hair. It's their job. Bring a picture--makes it easier for them. Leave a tip. You're trans, not autistic.
>>
>>8315205
>You're trans, not autistic.

Is this a joke?
>>
File: 68175418743.jpg (62KB, 405x452px) Image search: [Google]
68175418743.jpg
62KB, 405x452px
>>8311758
Hush, child, you'll make my face turn red!

>>8314963
You are the young individual with the straight hair, yes?
Everyone of you has a unique head of hair, and it is most effective to learn what category your hair is in before buying, so I would caution not take my words as gospel, but if you need my guidance:

Pantene Pro-V Moisture Renewal is simple, cheap, and effective, though the scent is not to everyone's tastes.
Pureology Hydrate is an ornate hydrating product often sold in salons, should you prefer to treat yourself to luxury. (Be wary of counterfeits with expensive hair products, however)
Moroccanoil Extra Volume is another luxury product that's wonderful for adding lots of volume, should you need it.
Aussie Moist Conditioner (not Aussie Miracle) is another affordable choice.

Deep conditioning is indeed an important, but not essential, part of feminine hair care. For your ease of understanding, it is a restorative ritual, one that allows specially chosen chemical compounds to bind to hair strands and pass on their many beneficial properties for a time. It is a step beyond what I have described previously, but if you are curious, you'll find there are many fruits to its usage. I can elaborate further, should you like.

>>8314982
I consider the treatment controversial. It certainly has the potential to make hair more manageable and less frizzy, but the high cost and dramatic variance of success depending on your selection of applicator make it hard to recommend. If you have money to spare, and your frizz is growing hard to palate, it may be something to look into; just be sure to choose an adept cosmetologist you can trust.

>>8315029
I do not know the specifics of your hair, but I should think you know I speak in generals, child. Above all else, if your choice of product or routine works for you, you need only trust the results.
>>
>>8306769
Wash regularly, daily if needed.
COMB IT AFTER YOU WASH IT
Conditioner every few days. Fancy stuff paired to your hair type. I recommend herbal essences.
Creative styling. Layering is common.
Grow it the fuck out and don't cut it. Don't trim it. Don't restyle it. Don't be like girls these days who change their hair constantly until it's shorter than my pubes, and change colours so often it takes the texture of straw.

>>8306886
>>quarter of the internet dedicated to female beauty tips with more than enough info
> >asks 4chan
> why do people do this?
Because this is a 'how do I make my boy hair into girl hair' question.
Also >>8306886 speaks truth. We're not trying to sell you shit, and we're too poor and cybical to buy shit from shills anyway.
>>
>>8306769
>Will maybe hrt make my hair look girl on its own?
Some of you losers actually believe this. Funniest thing all week.
>>
>>8308508
>thick curly hair?
Herbal essences curls and waves. Get it layered, wash daily,comb it after washing and while it's still saturated with water.
Squeeze the water out of it, wipe with a towel, then tie it back in a ponytail. Let it loose once it's dried.
Wash - condition - comb - squeeze water out - tie back.
I don't brush mine, because it would create an absurd amount of static.

IF YOU DO NOT WASH IT MORE THAN ONCE EVERY THREE DAYS, IT WILL MAT INTO A GREASY DISGUSTING MESS.
I don't care if you're living in a fucking field for a week, find a shower.

>>8308706
>keep you from crushing and disrupting your curls
Naturally curly hair will curl no matter what, if it's long enough. Mine is nearly waist-length, and it's had natural ringlets since it was past my chin.

>>8308955
I get so many comments about my hair. Especially since my hairstyle became fashionable recently due to a princess trying to recreate it.
It attracts hands, too. I've had old people at work stop me just so they can pet my hair, which was creepy.

>>8308822
>product recommendations
Head and shoulders 2-in-1 for basic washing, especially if you're prone to dry skin and dandruff.
Herbal Essences curls and waves to maintain your curls. Use once every few days. If you're in the EU, get it imported by Amazon because the active ingredient is banned in the EU.
Use hair ties without metal in. Buy in bulk rather than singly.

>>8315329
Don't even need HRT for that. I'm a cis male, but my hair passes. Half the girls I meet want to braid it.
>>
>>8315334
>Don't even need HRT for that. I'm a cis male, but my hair passes. Half the girls I meet want to braid it.
HRT isn't a personal salon in a pill. If your hair is amazing without ever doing anything at all that's just your genetics. There is no hair salon pill for OP and their ilk.
>>
>long, thick hair that I condition and wash regularly
>regularly get compliments on it
At first I thought they were being polite, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's actually very nice.
>>
>>8315183
You fucked up the meme. Your truly a hopeless newfag.
>>
>>8315596
>fucked up the meme
Negative, just expressing my fears
>>
>>8315308
>You are the young individual with the straight hair, yes?
I'm >>8306769 with the messy black hair :)
> but if you are curious, you'll find there are many fruits to its usage. I can elaborate further, should you like.
Omg yes, please elaborate, this is getting realy exciting lol
>>
>>8306769
>altering nature
>expecting the exact result
kys
>>
>>8315679
t. failed nature experiment
>>
File: 20651870894106.png (788KB, 1023x781px)
20651870894106.png
788KB, 1023x781px
>>8315661
Oh? Excited are we? You're a perky one when you're not down in the dumps, aren't you?
Very well, listen closely, if you will, this WILL be complicated. Ready your questions.

Before we go any further, it's necessary for you to determine your hair type, just as you might determine your skin type, or for the more fledgling, your body type or eye color:
Curly hair: is it's own category.
Fine/thin hair: is hair that has less density of strands per area, and prefers volumizing treatments.
Dry hair: is as you'd imagine. It typically needs extra hydration.
Oily hair: is greasy, as it produces lubricating oils especially fast, and needs frequent cleaning.
Color-treated hair: is any hair that has been given permanent or otherwise lasting coloring (such as is the case with unnatural hair colors).

Though your picture you posted is somewhat blurry, I would predict you to have dry hair (like a little porcupine!). You can ask your hairdresser what your hair type is if you're not sure.

The basic object of deep conditioning is to have the product bind to both sides of the cuticle (the scaly outer layer of a hair strand) and penetrate to the inner strand in order to protect the outer layer, reduce static charge to combat frizz, and protect the hair shaft where scales have been torn away. There is a lot of science behind this, so I will try to keep it simple for you, unless you'd like me to explain further.

Deep conditioning should be performed usually once per week, more if you'd fancy, but the product is often expensive, and designed to last approximately that long.

Before you apply your deep conditioner of choice, you'll need to prepare your hair for the process with a shampoo that contains negatively charged surfactants. In English, you'll need a special shampoo that contains particular ingredients, most common are Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), sulfosucciantes, and betaines.
>>
>>8316784
(cont'd)

Just look for them on the ingredients list. To save you some time, they are most commonly found in "clarifying" or "deep cleansing" shampoos (they'll say so in the name). These shampoos are rigorous, so it's unwise to use them regularly without knowing what you're doing; just keep a bottle as your dedicated "pre-deep conditioning" shampoo, alright porcupine?

Once you've gotten that out of the way, and you've selected an appropriate deep conditioner for your hair type, you'll need to buy a shower cap. You see, the chemical properties of deep conditioner function best at very high temperatures, so you'll need to use the cap to steam out your 'do and raise the heat to optimal levels. For your ease of learning, the process unfolds as so:

-Wash your hair with the previously mentioned special shampoo to prime it for deep conditioning.

-Apply a GENEROUS amount of product to your whole head of hair, covering everything, and getting all the way to the scalp, the tips, and detangling with a brush as you go (In order to expose bits of hair that may otherwise be spared your wrath). Focus on the ends of your hair, as strands grow from the follicles (the holes in your scalp), so the ends are likely the oldest and most in need of care. This is true for regular conditioning too.

-Once you're sufficiently lathered, cover your head with your shower cap, turn up the heat on the shower head (without burning yourself, of course!), and stand in the stream so that your hair will slowly "cook". As you'll have to do this for a tedious 10-15 minutes, you may want to invest in a waterproof iphone case (or something similar) to keep yourself company and/or entertained. Don't get too distracted though, as longer does not equal better in this case.

-Once you've ripened, remove the cap and wash out all the suds... and you're done!

Does this help you porcupine? Do you have questions? As always, I'm here 'till the sun rises.
>>
>>8316790
Oml you remind me of an NPC, being the best possible compliment ever. I like your work
>>
>>8308100
>>8308706
>>8309005
>>8309205
>>8315308
>>8316784
>>8316790
How do I know if the amount of hair I'm shedding is normal? I feel like too much is coming out (by the root) every time I wash or brush my hair
>>
File: 357468178.png (162KB, 261x314px)
357468178.png
162KB, 261x314px
>>8319009
Oh? That certainly wouldn't be good.

Whether or not your amount of shedding is normal is greatly determined by the specifics of your hair. Do you have dense hair? That will increase the amount of shedding. Do you have long hair? That will make it appear as though you're shedding more.

Ultimately, is this a suspicion you've come to based against your previous understanding of how much shedding is "normal"? Or is this a momentary panic congruent with finding out that everyone sheds hair? I have my suspicions for you it may be the latter, but I could never make a hasty assumption like that. If you're a transwoman (because I have no way of determining if you are), you'll likely want something concrete, even if it's a little unnecessary. That's the nature of many of them, after all.

Here's a trick you might like. Take a small pinch of hair with your fingers, and pull firmly straight out, making the scalp stick up ever so slightly, and being sure you stroke from the bottom with appropriate vigor. Alternate hands and repeat a little if you feel you've not tested the hairs enough. Once you're ready, bring your pinch out to the ends of your head, and count the number of strands in your hand. If it's a couple, or a few, you should be fine. If it's six or more, there's likely something wrong.

If that's the case, the problem could be many things. One of which could very well be stress... are you getting enough sleep, child? Regardless, usually the easiest fix is to switch to a different shampoo or conditioner.

Does that answer your question? It's okay if it doesn't, just let me know so I can help you further.
>>
>>8315205
>lady (or fag)
I love you anon.
>>
I'm a cis female and my tips for hair is try to wash it every other day or 2 days in between. Use sulfate free shampoos or paraben free. I recommend shea moisture shampoos that not only work great on black hair but also on other types of hair. I also recommend whole blends garnier i believe. Any on the line works so well. Wash hair with lukewarm water but rinse it out with cold to close pores. Never comb hair when its wet, its very sensitive and can cause you to lose more hair.
>>
>>8319934
>shea moisture shampoos
ah thanks, from what ive read this does look like one of the best non-sulfate shampoos

>>8316790
Do deep conditioners need to be hair type specific? or are there good ones for all hair-types? any product recommendations? thanks :)
>>
File: 257830735100423.png (37KB, 238x254px) Image search: [Google]
257830735100423.png
37KB, 238x254px
>>8324396
Ah! The porcupine returns! I thought you might find your way back here...

Forgive me, as I may have mislead you, unintentional as it may have been. Deep conditioning is an affair indicative of a high level of hair care, higher than most cis women, to be fair and honest. Once you reach this level, it's important to know what type of hair you have so that you can make informed decisions about your choice of product accordingly. This is true of deep conditioners, yes, but also of regular conditioners, and even shampoos. Once you reach such an advanced level of hair care, it's important to shed abstraction, and allow assumptions to be scrutinized.

Think of it this way, porcupine: If you were a novice farmer, I would tell you to plant a seed and water it everyday to yield crops. If you were a farmer who now understood the basics, and wished to know more, I'd tell you which mounds of soil are best to grow your crops in, what time of day you should water the crops, and maybe even what kind of water to use (greywater, I imagine). Knowing your hair type will help you maximize the effectiveness of the products you decide to buy, and going forward, what your hair does and does not need.

To answer your question, no. Deep conditioners do not need to be hair-type specific, but you should optimally choose one that suits your hair's needs.

>any product recommendations?
Tsk, tsk, tsk. So needy! That's alright porcupine, we all have needs. let me see... if your hair type is truly "dry", then I would recommend...

Redken All Soft Heavy Cream (~$22) - a "Lighter" deep conditioner that lasts about a week, and doubles as a regular conditioner.
Carols Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask (~$32) - An affordable and effective full-on hair mask. (deep conditioners are often referred to as hair masks)
PHYTO Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Mask (~$39) - A little pricey, but it's designed specifically for dry hair like yours.

Remember, your mileage may vary.
>>
File: 1474232500661.gif (787KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1474232500661.gif
787KB, 480x360px
>>8325653
>>
I have wavy chest length hair that looks really dry and frizzy, but my scalp gets oily and gross the very next day after shampooing. How should I go about fixing it?
I've always been confused by the hair types mentioned in different products, so I default to shampoo and conditioner for normal hair and have no idea what type my hair actually is.
>>
File: 35178317.png (37KB, 238x254px) Image search: [Google]
35178317.png
37KB, 238x254px
>>8325771
If what you're saying is true, confused one, and your head grows oily by each time the sun meets the zenith, I'd estimate you have an oily hair type. Shampoos formulated for normal hair will strip your head clean of oils, and leave it seeming dry, but if by the time the next day is well underway, your head is damp with oils, that's textbook oily hair. This means that your oil glands are more active than average, and you'll need to facilitate accordingly, as well as do your best to keep your hands out of your hair (tempting as it may be, I'm certain you have elegantly flowing locks!) Here are some courses of action you may fancy exercising:

-If you shampoo every day, switch to every other day. Your head will seem ripe with grease in the beginning, but often with oily hair, it will adjust and calm down given enough time.

-The most important one is to avoid moisturizing or hydrating products, and look for shampoos and conditioners that are designed for oily hair. Many of these may advertise themselves as anti-dandruff, this is simply because oily hair is associated with, and can often lead to, dandruff situations. Don't be frightened, confused one, that doesn't necessarily mean you're going to develop dandruff, it just means your products will advertise itself as such. If you follow my lead, and take care of your hair, you'll be absolutely fine.

-This is a strange practice, but regularly washing with cool or lukewarm water can sometimes help stifle stimulation of your oil glands, and can reduce oil production. Something to try, at the very least.

Good fortune, confused one! And do your best to exercise patience, getting hair care right can take time, especially when it comes to a flowing scalp.
>>
>>8325894
I shampoo and use conditioner every 2 to 3 days, so it's definitely not an every day shampooing problem. Is it possible that I'm touching my scalp without really realizing and that's why it gets oily? I have a hard time wrapping my head around the rest of my hair being dry and frizzy while my scalp gets oily.
I've also been thinking whether what I call and consider oily isn't actually oily and I'm just crazy. I've tried the tissue paper test some sites mention and didn't see any oiliness, so maybe I'm actually retarded.
>>
>>8325653
Thank you :)
>>
hi mom i have really wavy almost wiry hair. how do i into haircare?
>>
>>8327287
look for a youtube video
>>
>>8306866
>bromoacetic acid.

>>bromoacetic acid
>>Tear Gas
>>
>>8307270
Same, I've been told all my life by my female relatives and friends that my hair is gorgeous -naturally very thick and wavy - and that it's a shame I wasn't a girl. I even got half serious offers to sell my hair.
>>
File: 462524812365.png (40KB, 238x254px)
462524812365.png
40KB, 238x254px
>>8326053
>Is it possible that I'm touching my scalp without really realizing and that's why it gets oily?
If you're not conscious of touching your scalp, it's probably not happening enough to cause problems.

>I've also been thinking whether what I call and consider oily isn't actually oily and I'm just crazy
Obsessive, perhaps, but not crazy, and certainly not retarded. Your judgement may be clouded by the intensity of your worries -- it's a common problem, believe it or not.

I cannot reach out and test your hair myself, but I can give you as many pointers as possible.

-Do you live in a hot climate? Are you out in the sun often? If so, what you're feeling could simply just be your scalp sweating (that happens too, you know). There are special scalp sunscreens for that.

-Do you know whether you have oily skin? Oily hair and oily skin are often hand in hand.

-As your hair is quite long and wavy, it's entirely possible that you have an oily hair type, but the oil from your scalp isn't reaching the ends of your hair fast enough, leaving it feeling dry. If this is the case, brushing regularly from your scalp to the ends of your hair (any brush will do, but a natural bristle/boar bristle brush is best) will help distribute the oils evenly. If you then switch to oily-type products, It should control the oil throughout. The goal is to have a little bit of oil all through your hair, but not so much that it looks greasy.

-If you're really unsure, spend the money and go to a fancy salon; they'll be able to handle your hair firsthand and tell you what your hair type is. That is, if that's an option for you... which I understand it may not be.

>>8327287
Mom? Goodness, that's a little excessive!... I don't mind though.
Wavy and wiry, you say? A pretty head of hair, I'll bet.

Take a look at >>8308100 for some very basic help, child. Ask questions if you need to, okay?
>>
>>8328202
Thanks! I'll keep all of this in mind and look for solutions.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.