[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the large majority of Blanchardian-posters tend to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: 1438260411106.jpg (190KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438260411106.jpg
190KB, 750x600px
Why do the large majority of Blanchardian-posters tend to be masculinized non-transitioning AGPs rather than effeminate HSTSes?
>>
>>8306404
Because HSTSs are too delusional to deal with the fact that they are merely an alternate morph of gays, rather than being TruTrans?
>>
>>8306404
Women are too stupid to grasp the sublime elegance of Blanchardian reality.

Note that what you say is only true for MTFs.
>>
File: 1473101173558.jpg (169KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473101173558.jpg
169KB, 1280x720px
>>8306404
Generally speaking, *everyone* is suspectible to psychologists' bullshit, right up until they realize the whole "Science" of psychology is a joke.
>>
>>8306418
Actually, as an addition to this:

It's not a coincidence that HSTS Blanchardians (e.g. Trent, Kay Brown) have a warped version of Blanchardianism where they conceptualize HSTSs as the "main" morph and gay people as the "secondary" morph.

They tend to reject the rational choice theory (which is as important in understanding HSTS as the sexual motivation is in understanding AGP, since it is the description of the motivation for HSTS transition!) in favor of some nonsense that's not really better than identitarianism.

The reason specifically non-transitioning AGPs are better Blanchardposters is because they don't have a social identity that Blanchardianism would contradict.
>>
>>8306477
>they conceptualize HSTSs as the "main" morph and gay people as the "secondary" morph.
Isn't this just semantics? They are alternate morphs of the same phenomenon. There is no "main" or "secondary".

Explain the rational choice theory and the HSTS-believed alternative please?

Why would Blanchardianism necessarily contradict HSTS social identity but not non-transitioning AGP social identity? It can be construed any way, to say that HSTS are their transitioned sex, even to say that all AGP *aren't* their *natal* sex. That identity component is secondary to the actual theory.
>>
File: 1479436297435.jpg (92KB, 550x536px) Image search: [Google]
1479436297435.jpg
92KB, 550x536px
>>8306477
Just look at this fucking post. What a mess. This is what happens when you let yourself get sucked into headshrink psychobabble.

Please Anon, renounce Blanchardianism and take some time to think about your life.
>>
>>8306404
I don't think that's actually the case. People who support the typology fit into four primary groups:

1) "HSTS"s who use the typology to feel superior while ignoring what it says about them, as
>>8306477
implied.

2) Self-loathing "AGP"s who fall prey to the lies sold to them because they fit their negative image of themselves.

3) People whose ideology the typology supports e.g. TERFs.

4) Dummies.
>>
>>8306507
How do I tell if I'm 2, 3 or 4?
>>
>>8306499
Not them but the rational choice theory refers to the idea, core to Blanchard's original typology, that homosexual transsexuals are really just extremely feminine men who transition so that their behavior becomes more acceptable to society because the way they behave is too feminine to be acceptable in men. A feminine visage also supposedly helps them attract men more easily. "Gender dysphoria" is developed as a result of being rejected by society for being too masculine.

The alternative offered by neoblanchardians is essentially just the feminine essence narrative but restricted to homosexual transsexuals ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>It can be construed any way, to say that HSTS are their transitioned sex, even to say that all AGP *aren't* their *natal* sex. That identity component is secondary to the actual theory.
It can't, since Blanchard explicitly argues against the feminine essence narrative i.e. that transsexuals are in any way "actually the opposite sex" inside. Both HSTSs and AGPs are men for whom transitioning is a palliative treatment to severe psychiatric symptoms.

If all of this sounds extremely stupid to you that's because it is.
>>
>>8306507
I don't think your typology of Blanchardians is accurate.
>>
>>8306504
>renounce Blanchardianism
Tread very carefully anon. The penalty for apostasy is eternal hondom.
>>
>>8306538
It fits my data. Well, a few Blanchardians denied it but they probably lied in order to look cool to their friends.
>>
>>8306547
What if I'm like the self-loathing AGP type but see it as a positive thing instead of a negative one?
>>
>>8306499
As >>8306536 points out, the point of HSTS, and in fact the very reason it's named *homosexual* transsexual, is that HSTSs are just GNC gays who find it easier to live as the opposite sex. (E.g. why do they pass better? Because it's not easier to transition if you don't pass, and therefore only the ones who expect to pass will choose to transition.) This is a very important element of Blanchardianism, because the entire point is to describe why trans people transition. Neoblanchardians reject this notion, and instead place HSTSs as a sort of "pure trans person". To keep the connection to gay people, they reconceptualize the theory so that cis gays are repressing HSTSs. Yes, really.

HSTSs don't actually like the implication that they're just GNC gays who couldn't handle the social pressure (just like A*Ps don't like the implication that they're just transitioning for sexual reasons), and they don't want to include this story in their identity. This is why Neoblanchardians delude themselves about the true motivations of HSTSs.

A non-transitioning AGP like me has an easier time accepting Blanchardianism than both transitioning HSTSs and A*Ps, because my identity and life story doesn't depend on me being "truly trans" (a concept that doesn't exist).

>>8306507
Blanchardianism is incompatible with radical feminism and by extension TERFism, because it asserts that many aspects of gender is innate. TERFs aren't really Blanchardians.
>>
>>8306575
I think a lot of people who had no idea what was wrong with them and thought they were completely alone before discovering the typology develop a liking for it because it offers them answers. I also think a lot of them imprint on it and don't move forward afterwards, often due to self-loathing and inability to deal with the idea that no one actually knows what's wrong with them. Some hold on to it because it provides an excuse not to transition (Blanchard only supports transitioning in the most severe, chronic adult cases, not for all adult AGPs as people here like to say).
>>
>>8306595
>Blanchardianism is incompatible with radical feminism and by extension TERFism, because it asserts that many aspects of gender is innate. TERFs aren't really Blanchardians.
Hey, I thought the same but I've heard those people parrot the typology over and over. I often feel like they have very little in common with other radical feminists.
>>
>>8306536
>The alternative offered by neoblanchardians is essentially just the feminine essence narrative but restricted to homosexual transsexuals ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How does that make any more sense than feminine essence? I've never seen that view expressed or if it has been it's been subtly hidden.

>It can't, since Blanchard explicitly argues against the feminine essence narrative i.e. that transsexuals are in any way "actually the opposite sex" inside.
But if you reject the notion of gendered essence for cis people too then trans people are no less the opposite sex than cis members of their transitioned sex.
>>
>>8306595
>Neoblanchardians reject this notion, and instead place HSTSs as a sort of "pure trans person". To keep the connection to gay people, they reconceptualize the theory so that cis gays are repressing HSTSs. Yes, really.
When have they expressed this belief?

How can they believe it?

>just like A*Ps don't like the implication that they're just transitioning for sexual reasons
Is that what they dislike, or is it not being "trutrans", or both? Those are different things.

>because my identity and life story doesn't depend on me being "truly trans" (a concept that doesn't exist).
Why do transitioners' identities depend on being "truly trans"?

Anne Lawrence accepts that despite being a transitioning AGP.
>>
File: 1453614840415.gif (719KB, 389x256px) Image search: [Google]
1453614840415.gif
719KB, 389x256px
>they actually started discussion seriously in a super obvious bait thread made to mock them

i cant fucking believe it, blanchard memesters are literally braindead
>>
>>8306638
Shoo, shoo, infidel.
>>
>>8306404
>Why do people who have AGP post about AGP
>>
>>8306616
>How does that make any more sense than feminine essence?
As far as I can tell the line of thought goes like this: people attracted to people of their natal sex have brains which are in same ways structurally shifted toward being like those of their non-natal sex. This demonstrates a feminine/masculine essence. Homosexuals are as "intersexed" as transsexuals but are more behaviorally like their natal sex and so can cope without transitioning.

>I've never seen that view expressed or if it has been it's been subtly hidden.
The discourse is rarely focused on HSTSs, and when it is it rarely ventures in this direction.

>But if you reject the notion of gendered essence for cis people too then trans people are no less the opposite sex than cis members of their transitioned sex.
I suppose, though that approach is hardly the one Blanchard took when proposing his theory.

This is tangential to the discussion at hand but if this is your personal belief what have you to say about this article?
http://www.wiringthebrain.com/2016/01/sex-on-brain-tale-of-two-studies.html
>>
>>8306602
>it provides an excuse not to transition (Blanchard only supports transitioning in the most severe, chronic adult cases, not for all adult AGPs as people here like to say).
You can believe that without believing Blanchard though.
>>
>>8306681
Sure, but having an ideology/"science" behind you can help you justify yourself.
>>
>>8306688
Not needing an ideology to justify yourself will make you happier. Better yet, not needing to justify yourself at all, otherwise known as having an adult, integrated personality.
>>
>>8306702
I wouldn't say the overwhelming majority of adults are like that. They absolutely do need ideologies and religions to justify them. Either way that person asked a question and I answered. I think the typology's pretty dumb.
>>
because pseudoscience lel
>>
>>8306688
Welp, I think you got me.
>>
>>8306669
>people attracted to people of their natal sex have brains which are in same ways structurally shifted toward being like those of their non-natal sex.
Right, so it ties in with androphile and gynephile brains instead of masculine and feminine brains.

But then in this theory where does physical dysphoria come from? I don't see how an answer to this can be anything but effectively rational choice theory.

>The discourse is rarely focused on HSTSs, and when it is it rarely ventures in this direction.
I see, of course.

I did get an impression of this view in one thing Brown wrote, in her FAQ with the question about whether HSTSes were pushed into transition by homophobic parents.

I'll read the sex on the brain article.
>>
>>8306602
> Some hold on to it because it provides an excuse not to transition (Blanchard only supports transitioning in the most severe, chronic adult cases, not for all adult AGPs as people here like to say).
This is a far less central feature of Blanchardianism than the two-type typology and the associated motivations.

>>8306611
TERFs sometimes categorize trans people into "gay GNC" and "fetishist" clusters, but lots of people do that. (Why? Because something along those lines is *obviously* true, and only people with a political interest (e.g. trans people) would deny it.) Blanchardianism is a much more specific set of beliefs about these groups.

>>8306632
>When have they expressed this belief?
https://sillyolme.wordpress.com/2016/05/22/nature-vs-nuture/
"This would support not only the notion that androphilic males are a special morph, but that of neccessity, the transgender form is the evolutionarily selected form. In which case, transkids are not “failed gay men”… but Western Gay Men are “failed transkids” !!!"

Trent has endorsed that article, and has also himself written that anyone who isn't blinded by ideology can tell "that lesbians are butch and butches are dysphoric.".

>How can they believe it?
You can see some of the argument in the previously linked article. In addition, Trent argues that gay men who are exclusive bottoms would be an excellent example of genital dysphoria in cisgender people. There's probably more, perhaps he can tell some details.

>Is that what they dislike, or is it not being "trutrans", or both? Those are different things.
There's no such things as "TruTrans" in Blanchardianism.

>Why do transitioners' identities depend on being "truly trans"?
>Anne Lawrence accepts that despite being a transitioning AGP.
Lawrence is an outlier. I'm not sure why their identities depend on it so much, but apparently it does. I've seen obvious AGPs do 180 turns on Blanchardianism right when they decided that they should transition.
>>
>>8306792
>Because something along those lines is *obviously* true
That's pretty pathetic.
>>
>>8306815
I'm criticizing the Neoblanchardians for not being Blanchardian *enough*, of course I take for granted that a two-type thing is accurate.
>>
>>8306595
TERFs don't care about logic as long as they can hate trans people.
>>
>>8306404

MtF AGPs and FtMs are the only ones smart enough to wonder about their origins. If an HSTS MtF ever cared about that, they would just get high on weed or peyote in search of some spiritualist nonsense.
>>
File: 1469819979360.jpg (72KB, 604x519px) Image search: [Google]
1469819979360.jpg
72KB, 604x519px
>>8306822
>I'm criticizing the Neoblanchardians for not being Blanchardian *enough*

this is /lgbt/ now
>>
>>8306847
I remember it being worse a few years ago. I think that, despite all of the typologyposting nowadays, it is now commonly understood that having "AGP" does not mean that you're not trans. Few people believe that transsexuals with "AGP" transition for sexual reasons anymore.
>>
>>8306845
>they would just get high on weed or peyote
hey brah, that's me!
>>
>>8306860
>I remember it being worse a few years ago.
???
>>
>>8306822
I'm criticizing blanchardians for being a bunch of pseoduscientific circlejerkers with heads too far up where they shouldn't be.
>>
>>8306404
Because HSTS are TRUTRANS and have known they're trans since they were tiny children.
AGPs are just perverts who cling to the theories of a psychologist so they don't feel perverted.
>>
Why are you all schisming like some weird amoeba?

>trannies
>>
File: oDs2GQ5.jpg (120KB, 739x600px) Image search: [Google]
oDs2GQ5.jpg
120KB, 739x600px
>>8306959
thumbs *way* up
>>
>>8306959
>tfw AGP and knew since I was 6
>>
File: IMG_0278.jpg (66KB, 600x821px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0278.jpg
66KB, 600x821px
>>8306975
haha
ahaha ha
Sure
>>
>>8306404
>Why do the large majority of Blanchardian-posters tend to be masculinized non-transitioning AGPs rather than effeminate HSTSes?

Not sure, OP. Why don't we look into where your life went wrong, to help future generations.
>>
>>8306845
>tfw stoner non transitioning AGP
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.