[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the chances, statistically?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: wachowskis-800[1].jpg (215KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
wachowskis-800[1].jpg
215KB, 800x600px
What are the chances, statistically?
>>
>>8293660
Depends on the cause of being trans.
>>
I can't believe how passable Lana looks (especially for someone who started so late) compared to her hon-sister tbqh.
>>
>>8293660
chances of what? being trans?

I think there is clearly genetic, epigenetic, environmental factors
>>
>>8293783
They're asking what the odds are of two brothers coming out as trans women. And I have no idea, but if you have one, the chances of having another look pretty high.
>>
>>8293660
Assuming independence, around 1/50000. Surprisingly high.
>>
>>8293660
Had nothing to do with chance, anon. They followed the white rabbit.
>>
>>8293874
This. They took the *red* pill. :^)
>>
>>8293660
Chances that they were abused as children? 100%
>>
>>8293660
Idk but I'm trans and I think my older brother is repressing, it's really wierd. Like, we always used to accuse each other of copying each other though life. And even when we talk we basically know what the other person is going to say before they say it, like we just know each other that well. So I think it's definitely genetic.
>>
It's like no one has read the fucking studies

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9KKqP9IHa5ZxU84a_Jf0vIoAh7e8nj_lCW27KbYBh0/edit?pli=1#gid=2
>>
>>8294132
nobody is reading your fucking study. give us a summary you unbearable faggot
>>
>>8293768
Her sister probably hasn't had all the same work done yet, they need to make another shitty movie to finance it.
>>
>>8294156
It's a list of numerous fucking studies, none of which I will summarize.

lazy brains
>>
Several sibship-related variables have been studied extensively in sexual orientation research, especially in men. Sibling sex ratio refers to the ratio of brothers to sisters in the aggregate sibships of a group of probands. Birth order refers to the probands’ position (e.g., first-born, middle-born, last-born) within their sibships. Fraternal birth order refers to their position among male siblings only. Such research was extended in this study to a large group of early-onset gender dysphoric adolescents. The probands comprised 94 male-to-female and 95 female-to-male gender dysphoric adolescents. The overwhelming majority of these were homosexual or probably prehomosexual. The control group consisted of 875 boys and 914 girls from the TRAILS study. The sibling sex ratio of the gender dysphoric boys was very high (241 brothers per 100 sisters) compared with the expected ratio (106:100). The excess of brothers was more extreme among the probands’ older siblings (300:100) than among their younger siblings (195:100). Between-groups comparisons showed that the gender dysphoric boys had significantly more older brothers, and significantly fewer older sisters and younger sisters, than did the control boys. In contrast, the only notable finding for the female groups was that the gender dysphoric girls had significantly fewer total siblings than did the control girls. The results for the male probands were consistent with prior speculations that a high fraternal birth order (i.e., an excess of older brothers) is found in all homosexual male groups, but an elevated sibling sex ratio (usually caused by an additional, smaller excess of younger brothers) is characteristic of gender dysphoric homosexual males. The mechanisms underlying these phenomena remain unknown.
>>
>>8294132
What does being highlighted in blue mean?
>>
>>8293660
-same prenatal estrogenic gouging
-both subject to hormone disrupting Chicagoen industrial externalities
-mega city: pressure towards gayness and schizophrenia
-great lakes megalopolis, extra vapid liberal cancer
-communist mother

Pretty damn decent!!
>>
>>8294272
Probably something to do with the *blue* pill
>>
>>8293660
It's all really just so that they could have a catchy title again!
>>
>>8293660
shared mother increases the chance of multiple same direction trans kids as the uterine conditions that caused one are more likely than the average to be around
>>
>>8293660
Child abuse.
Also, Larry probably is so glad his brother looks even worse than him as a drag queen, now he looks female in comparison
>>
>>8293794
I'm trans and my sibling is very probably trans too, just closeted. I wish I could help them but I'm too shy to talk with them about it. And our parents wouldn't handle us two being trans emotionally – that's what she even told me… I just don't know what to do.
>>
>>8293660
*literally invent the concept of the red pill*
*end up taking the literal blue pill*

Like pottery
>>
>>8302815
>my sibling is very probably trans too, just closeted.
Why do you think that?
>>
>>8302829
>looks like they have dysphoria, they are constantly unhappy with their look and resemble myself few years ago
>does make up
>always looks at women's clothes when we shop together
>is into cutesy stuff
>>
>>8302839
Why are you shy to talk about it?
>>
Statistically it's really low but odds are that it's not a random chance and actually a genetic trait or something about the society they live in.
>>
>>8293768
she doesn't look passable
>>
>>8293902
Ah, yes the "red" pill.

>>
>>8293660
pretty high
in green's study, a 1% sibling concordance rate was found compared to the then-current estimate of transsexualism prevalence as about 1/10,000, making it approximately a hundred times more common than in the general population
>>8294208
wrong etiology
>>
>>8306361
What's the explanation? Genetics, hormones, something else?
>>
>>8306374
Not known why yet.
>>
>>8307645
Probably environmental. Family influence, treatment as a child, social norms, etc.
>>
>>8293660
lana looks very passable
but she just had to ruin everything by getting pink rolled up hair
>>
>>8307665
>Probably environmental.
During gestation only.
>Family influence, treatment as a child, social norms, etc.
nope, nope, nope. If this was so, then David Reimer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer
would have been fine being a girl.
>>
>>8307921
>muh Reimer
*sigh*
>>
>>8293660
>What are the chances

This guy has an interesting hypothesis:
http://mileswmathis.com/matrix2.pdf
>>
>>8307964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RndaKdJeuM0
>>
Lavern Cox's sibling is most likely trans too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es1zC5oyeU
>>
File: 1470930384499.png (238KB, 585x574px) Image search: [Google]
1470930384499.png
238KB, 585x574px
Older sister had a phase when she was like three where she thought she was a boy but "grew out of it", though she's very unfeminine and pretty butch. Possibly strongest in my family. I suppose she could've gotten some hormonal shit that didn't manifest hard enough to make her trans, or even lesbian for that matter.
Really hope little brother isn't trans because he's tall as fuck and will probably get even more ravaged by testosterone.

I'd prefer to be the only odd kid out of the bunch out of courtesy for my parents.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.