[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watch our movie! We have GAYS IN IT!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: Cover-powerrangersmovie-500x273.jpg (52KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
Cover-powerrangersmovie-500x273.jpg
52KB, 500x273px
so what are all your opinions on this type of marketing stategy? It seems to me they dont care about the story or the characters themselves and are willing to throw in as many gays as they can to get more people to watch it. I never once cared or even thought about that stuff when i grew up watching this series although quite a few characters were definately questionable lol they were still good characters? sjws ruining everything from games to even kids shows with trying to make sexual prefrence important.
>>
>>8292949

it's fucking gay so i ignore it
>>
It makes me happy to see characters like me in media. Unfortunately, I would have to agree that most LGBT characters in media are underdeveloped. It's like the entire identity of such a character revolves around their minority status. I also wish there would be more trans characters/gay romances that weren't so cheesey or over-sexualized.
>>
>>8293012
>I also wish there would be more trans characters
I'm waiting for a blockbuster to have a trans character
>>
>>8293012

it's hard to show gay characters without making it seems sexualised or at least cheesily romantic, bc you need to highlight their attractions during the plot so you can see they are actually lgbt and not straight

unfortunately this will always lead to the above problems never going away bc heteronormativity (not a bad thing but remember we are a minority, not everything can cater to us)
>>
>>8293017
Any female character in most movies could be trans.
>>
>>8293012
>It's like the entire identity of such a character revolves around their minority status.
Weird, cuz I usually only see the token "gay but their sexuality doesn't impact their character and is never brought up more than once" these days
Fucking Disney
>>
>>8292949
They're pussies because they only use lesbians. You want to know why? Because straight men (the primary audience) are scared of gay men, but love dykes. So really, these companies that hamfist lesbians into their movies and shows don't actually care about gays -- they just want brownie points while still pandering to the straights. If they actually cared, they'd put in gay men. They'd put in gay men kissing. They'd put in ugly lesbians. But no, only fem or cute tomboy lesbians are allowed.
>>
>>8293096
If they actually cares they'd put in trans people.
>>
>>8293119
>red ranger is mtf
>blue ranger is ftm
>black ranger is gay
>yellow ranger is lesbian
>pink ranger is bi

Who needs plot..lets make this movie!
>>
>>8293096
Actually im fine with 2 gay men holding hands more than 2 women making out in public for attention. Im straight btw.

The fact that you think your homosexuality somehow scares me is just your phobia.
>>
>>8293096
to be fair they don't put in ugly women in movies period, unless it's played for laughs
>>
>>8293309
To be fair fat women would also be rediculously unbelievable in the story if she were to parkour through falling buildings while helping optimus prime fight the deceptacons, try to hide from some killer but she doesnt fit in or under anything, or any movie that involves moving faster than walking for more than a short period without getting shin splints. So theyre sort of limited to sitting in place and saying hilarious shit.
>>
Originally the actor who played the blue ranger was gay and eventually stayed on as a producer on the show for later seasons although he was bullied for it so it's not as out of nowhere as it seems
>>
>>8293044
Tomoko is basically already trans.
>>
>>8294146
She gets off to guys.
>>
>>8294242
Meta-attraction.
>>
if lgbt shit is part of the marketing run up to a film, you can bet I'll avoid it like the plague. it's so rare that films actually do anything meaningful with it; either it's a footnote or a token, or sometimes the entire movie is built around paper thin gay characters that check every box on the cliché fag list.

I've only seen a handful of movies that were excellent and treated their queer characters with any dignity, some include
Fellini Satyricon
Heavenly Creatures
Ed Wood
Gummo

I can't really think of any others at the moment, but those four rank among my favorite films
>>
>>8293017
Dallas Buyer's Club
>>
>>8294414
That wasn't a blockbuster, and that was a terrible representation. "Rayon", lol
>>
>>8294276
The guys in her fantasies are bishonen and she wants an audio recording off an otome voice actor, not the voice of the protagonist.
>>
>>8293056
>Weird, cuz I usually only see the token "gay but their sexuality doesn't impact their character and is never brought up more than once" these days

This. Anyone who says otherwise has no clue what they're talking about. The "token gay" character who's only presence in a film was to exploit their sexuality for laughs died out in the 90's.
>>
>>8294419
Maybe not a blockbuster, but it was a well received academy award winning film. And the portrayal was accurate. You just have no clue because you're a millennial fuckwit who wasn't around during the AIDS epidemic of the 1980's. There were thousands of people like Rayon running around back then - "transitioning" anf living a "normal" life in society wasn't as much of a possibility back then as it is now.
>>
>>8294518
Idk. I actually talked to Jared about that, so I just have kind of an uncomfortable history with that specific movie and portrayal.
>>
>>8294536
>I actually talked to Jared about that
So did I, and he mentioned he based the character after you. Perhaps that's what makes you uncomfortable?
>>
>>8294566
... Literally what?
>>
>>8294577
>Literally what?
Idk - I almost said the same thing to
>>8294536
>>
>>8292949
I don't watch shit with token gays.
>>
>>8295868
You would HATE DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
>>
>>8292949
Not gonna lie, it's getting pretty cringey.
>>
>>8295892
It's DC that's enough reason not to watch it in the first place.
>>
>>8292949
appealing to gays in entertainment is a cheap and predictable way to get some buzz and a few extra eyes on your work but since no one in the real world cares who or what you fuck it will be great if hollyweird go back to making movies that entertain. Every fucking movie has to have a gay as fuck SJW bent to it making sure 50% of the movie going public ignores it. If you don't want to make money or appeal to people outside of NYC and L.A. than pimping out homosexual credentials for the sake of profit is totes cool you guys!
>>
>>8297016
Arrow had 3 good seasons and I like Flash, LoT was just so cringy. They basically make every important female in history bisexual or a lesbian, compare modern day black struggles to slavery, perpetuate the gender pay gap (yes still), and characters will just randomly announce they're gay before they leave, never to be seen again.
>>
File: 1482904577569.jpg (106KB, 654x862px) Image search: [Google]
1482904577569.jpg
106KB, 654x862px
>>8292949
>Gay character is a pretty female
OH MY WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED?
STOP THE PRESSES
STOP THE PRESSES
THE CHARACTER "BREAKING THE BOUNDARIES" IS A FEMALE BECAUSE WOMEN ARE BISEXUAL AND GUYS LIKE LESBIANS
MEANWHILE LOOK AT THIS FAT PATHETIC VILLAIN WHO IS ALSO GAY, TOTALLY THE SAME RIGHT GUYS?
I'm genuinely fucking sick and tired of those big movies.
>>
>>8294414
The whole point of the trans character (Rayon....for fucks sake....) was to have another sad gay character that wasnt just another gay dude with aids.
Is it too much to ask for a movie with a transperson that isnt sick and/or sad because of their supposed tragic existence?
I mean, I dont think theres been a single mainstream movie thats depicted transpeople as anything more than a joke or a tragic figure that needs your pity or just a person whose life or story revolves around being trans. Christ, I dont even think theres been one for Gays or any other minority. We'd have to go to TV for any of them and frankly, its not much better at all.
>>
>>8299583
>I dont think theres been a single mainstream movie thats depicted transpeople as anything more than a joke or a tragic figure that needs your pity or just a person whose life or story revolves around being trans.

Ha! That's because those are the only types of transpeople there are IRL, dummy. You know it's true.
>>
>>8292949
I hate it but if we dont show up to it they will remove any trace of /lgbt/ people from the media. The rare occasion that it actually happens they are nothing but characters that are /lgbt/ first and characters second. Its infuriating.

>sjws ruining everything from games to even kids shows

And thats where your argument automatically turned to shit. Anyone complaining about sjws is an oversensitive crybaby who is so avers to anything not straight and white that they will shit their pants the moment anything happens not to their liking.

>>8299626
>Ha! That's because those are the only types of transpeople there are IRL, dummy.

but thats wrong you fucking retard.
>>
I have stopped paying to see movies that have shoehorned in lgbtqsr@$(, feminist, or cultural diversity bullshit.
>>
>>8299639
>but thats wrong you fucking retard.

Name any, I repeat ANY tranny who's at least somewhat well known IRL and I guarantee you I can fit them into one (or all) of the following three categories:

1. Joke
2. Tragic figure
3. Make their whole identity about being trans
>>
>>8299985
Laura Jane Grace?
>>
>>8300012
Joke and makes xir whole life about being a tranny. "Music" is a side note - pun intended. 2/3. Next?
>>
>>8300131
Music was the only thing she was known for before she came out, and she's still somewhat well-respected for that. Similarly, the Wachowskis were only well known for their movies, especially the Matrix, which was a pivotal and influential film, before they came out. And people still have to give them props for that. Caitlyn is a joke, Chaz is a joke, etc.
>>
>>8293096
I want to see them do a Cis lesbian X trans lesbian romance with actual screen time.
>>
>>8300198
Yeah but Laura and the Wachowski's don't con't before coming out. Once they did it was all about being trannies - and the Wachowski's movies went to shit also around that time.
>>
>>8300708
*count
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.