[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question to non-binary folks, how did you know you were non-binary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

File: nbmeme[1].png (114KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
nbmeme[1].png
114KB, 400x400px
A question to non-binary folks, how did you know you were non-binary?
>>
> don't feel like a girl
> begin to transition
> that doesn't feel right either
> must be enby I guess
> feels ok so far
>>
>>8283422
>feels ok so far

That's either because your a cis bitch or a lazy scared tranny.
>>
>>8283405

>no set up
>even less of a punchline

I miss old memes.
>>
>>8283405
I actually think people can be non-binary but that meme is obnoxious.
The person who made it sounds like someone who doesn't believe anyone has ever pretended to be trans for attention or been mistaken in their self diagnosis and thinks it's more harmful to have to be officially diagnosed with gender dysphoria to get life altering hormones than just giving them to any cis girl who wants to be special.
>>
>>8283541
why do people have to choose, tho?
>>
>>8283422
That is called being normal.
>>
>>8283567
But see the thing is one is the choice of the person who takes the life altering drugs, and one is the choice of not that person. Gotta give people the right to choose.
>>
>>8283405
This person is cute.
>>
>>8284016
I'd let xir define my gender.
>>
>>8283964

No, it's called impatient. Live in an in-between world right now, sure, but it doesn't mean yuou are definitively "NB", which seems to be running throguh <25 people like wildfire as the latest trend.

Hopefully most of them will "pick a side" by the tiem they're 30 and stop with the ZE/ZUKKIE/ZIMMBOBBLIEBOO pronouns
>>
>>8284057
What about people that are nonbinary and don't want weird pronouns?
>>
>>8284012
I want you to read back over both comments and try to figure out why what you said was stupid.
>>
>>8284065
Right? Why do they insist on weird pronouns when xe/xir/xem is the clear standard?
>>
>>8283422
What do you mean you don't "feel" like a girl? As in you have dysphoria? Because most cis people don't feel a big connection to their gender and not in the same way trans people feel a connection/disconnection to their preferred/natal gender.
>>
>>8284057
>"nb is a real thing"
>all nb people afab and <25
Really makes you think
>>
File: 765475634786358.jpg (54KB, 456x521px) Image search: [Google]
765475634786358.jpg
54KB, 456x521px
>>8284070
YOU get the point. You cant dictate people decisions in their life based on your opinions. Way to point out simple grammar flaws instead of bringing an argument. Really tells me a lot about your point of view.
>>
>>8284093
you know this board has a nb general that's like 99% amab, right?
>>
>>8284136
>general on an amab-dominated board on an amab-dominated site
>representative of the wider population
>>
>>8284150
You didn't say most nb are afab, you said all of them were.
>>
>>8284174
>what is exaggeration to make a point
>>
>>8284117
I wasn't even basing the stupidity on your grammar.
It's stupid because one no we don't and shouldn't give everyone the right to make certain decisions for themselves when they don't have the capability due to mental disabilities or age. Many of the girls that are getting into this trend are under-age. Two the doctor does have the right to dictate if that girl should get her hormones or not. To say the opposite would be forcing him to do something he feels uncomfortable with and when it goes wrong it's his career and perhaps mental health if the girl commits suicide because she learnt about actual dysphoria on the line. Forcing him into this decision is a lot worse than not letting the girl make the decision to take hormones and goes directly against what you preach.
>>
>>8283405
Because I realized that I have a variety of feminine and masculine traits and denying any part of myself because of limits defined by gender is sexist. I can be or do anything I like regardless of this damn social construct that everyone else has been brainwashed into. I don't need gender, so I stopped applying it to myself.
>>
>>8284262
Most transtrenders don't want hormones and aren't seeking any medical intervention anyway. That's why they are the ones shouting about not needing dysphoria to be trans.
Also, I don't think anon was talking about kids anyway.
>>
>>8284283
>Because I have a variety of feminine and masculine traits
>limits defined by gender is sexist

son unless those limits and traits are which genitals you have you're the only one limiting how you can present with your birth gender
>>
>>8284354
and actually even that's not true because trans women are still women post-op
>>
>>8283405

>GNC childhood
>phantom dick syndrome 24/7
>intermittent but sometimes really bad top dysphoria
>bond better with guys, standing in a group of girls always felt off somehow to me
>want to be a short muscly viking with long hair/beard
>smoke weed to maintain deep voice, hate my squeaky girl voice
>bind when I can
>want t but it scares me that voice change is permanent
>but
>no bottom dysphoria (except PDS, which I do feel sad at sometimes)
>actually pretty stoked that I can create people with my vag and incubate them with my tummy
>intend to do so one day
>straight men like me and I like straight men
>skin & hair in good condition bc I don't fuck with it like cisgirls and I enjoy the attention it gets despite it being categorically feminine
>naturally grow a lil extra body hair & I like it but still shave it

In the closet forever until the tumblr phase blows over and people won't autoassociate me with SJWs but nb sounds about the only accurate term for me desu

Considering actually transitioning to male at the moment tho, just hesitant bc I don't want to detransition in 5 years. Made a referral to GIC so I can talk to somebody who knows this shit.
>>
>>8283405
because I dont want to be either?
>>
File: 131.jpg (267KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
267KB, 1024x768px
>>8285082
>want to be a short muscly viking with long hair/beard
AND MY AXE
>>
>>8285118
But is that a natural inclination/instinct that come to your mind without trying to think of it or is it by choice?
>>
going by the weak child socialization arguments people like to throw out there, I never wanted to play with gendered toys and made active attempts to avoid them. I saw that shit for what it was and only wanted to play with autistic "science" and animal toys.
>>
>>8284354
presenting as a "masculine woman" or "feminine men" seems more limiting to me than just taking a mix-and-match, do away with all the bad things approach.
>>
>>8285444
>limiting
>bad things

hahah okay whatever m8 yes I'm sure being nonbinary transfeminine dodecahedron-gender makes for true freedoms
>>
>>8285470
or you just don't give it a label and live your life without subscribing to shitty identity politics?
>>
>>8285484
the way to do that is to simply identify with the gender matching your natal sex but be as GNC as comes naturally to you

might save you a lot of trouble since identifying as nonbinary special snowflake just confuses the normies

consider it
>>
>>8285501
>consider it
that's what I proposed in the first place, you condescending retard
>>
>>8283405

Biological Sex: Male/Female/Intersex

You can fall anywhere in between, and be both, but why the fuck you need to label it and tell people is beyond me. Stop being a wasted life and focus on more important things. No one actually gives a shit whether you're masculine, feminine, a bit of both, one type sometimes and another in other times, or don't feel like you're either. I don't walk around saying "I'm biologically male and I'm masculine." It's a behaviour, and people will interpret your behaviour with whatever label they so choose. I doubt anyone actively thinks; "Oh my god, I'm really struggling here, is he masculine, feminine, both, in between, etc?" For example, if I want to befriend someone, then I couldn't give a shit, and neither should you.
>>
>>8285555
>"Oh my god, I'm really struggling here, is he masculine, feminine, both, in between, etc?"

Only sjw tumblrtards that have to autistically categorize people/fetishes who post here regularly.
>>
>>8283546
i miss the time memes were actually memes and not any picture you post
>>
>>8285555
Best post in thread.
>>
>>8283405
Because when I'm with a guy I want him to fuck me, be his wife, and bear his kids, and when I'm with a girl I want to fuck her, be her husband, and protect her and our family.
>>
>>8286943
Are you afab?
>>
>>8286967
No, born IS.
>>
>>8286999
Which condition? What are your primary and secondary sexual traits? Have you taken HRT or done any other part of transitioning either direction?
>>
>>8285312
if I had choice I'd rather be normal and happy with my biological sex
>>
my gender has nothing to do with my behaviours. im nb ("agender" i guess if i HAD to label it) and feminine. i use male pronouns.

>how did you know you were non-binary?
probably some sort of fucking trauma im guessing. dont want to associate with being a girl but thinking of being a boy also makes me feel ill. idc what people consider me. even if calling myself nb is just a coping thing then whatever. if its a phase then whatever.
>>
It's impossible to pass as non-binary. You will always look like a man or woman, whether masculine or feminine, and although two different people looking at you may not agree what gender they're looking at you will still be one of the two. If you live in North America or the non slavic parts of Europe then dress how you want and stop worrying about being perceived as a gender that only naturally exists in insects and shellfish. As long as you're not a bad person and you have good hygeine people wouldn't care if you walked around every day with a giant blue afro and a plat in your lip
>>
>>8289003
Tell me, what does a non-binary sex look like? please described and explain in detail.
>>
>>8289406
lookup "intersex"
there are many types
most of us blend in and are not noticeable.
>>
>>8289406
You got confused, anon. They aren't claiming to be non-binary in physical sex or saying it exists, they're just saying they're unhappy with being female or male.
>>
>>8284262
Im a libertarian who believes in personal freedom. Im not a dictator like yourself. So i literally cant comprehend the stupidity in forcing your beliefs on other people. And like other anon said, most trenders arent even getting on hormones. And if they do, then decide it was a mistake, it's their own fault. No on elses.
>>
>>8289442
Especially considering the way things stand, either a therapist referred you or you signed an informed consent form, meaning you knew what you were getting into when you got on hormones. Regretting it later is no one's fault but yours, just like getting a tattoo or plastic surgery.
>>
>>8289412
>They aren't claiming to be non-binary in physical sex or saying it exists, they're just saying they're unhappy with being female or male.
if this is the case then they should not be considered trans or associating themselves with trans people

Intersex is not a third sex it is an inter-sex meaning an incomplete sex that exists between male and female. The reason why I bring this up is because if you say that non-binary bodies are actually intersex then this is a contradiction cause non-binary means outside of male and female gender not in between.
>>
>>8289411
>>8289472
>>
>>8289472
>>8289476
There are people born who are neither male nor female. It is one of the intersex conditions.
>>
>>8289472
and by incomplete I mean not completely one or the other
>>
>>8289472
Transgender people are transgender because they have gender dysphoria, so if a non-binary person has gender dysphoria, they're trans.
>>
>>8289489
>There are people born who are neither male nor female. It is one of the intersex conditions.

That doesn't make sense in the slightest cause the term INTER-sex means an in-between sex Hence the term INTER so they aren't completely male or female but in-between male and female considering they have both traits from both sexes.
>>
>>8289411
The thing is everyone looks intersex. Unless you live in a nudist colony the only things people use to attempt to identify someone else's gender is their secondary sex characteristics. People who are intersex don't have any secondary sex characteristics that people who weren't born with that defect have so it doesn't really make any sense for someone to present as intersex. They would just look male OR female
>>
>>8289514
It may not be semantically correct, but they still classify them under the intersex umbrella.

>>8289520
>forgetting about androgynous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bs6QT82Tu4
>>
>>8283405
> have body and social dypshoria
> transition
> feel identical dysphoria going too far in the other direction
> the middle works
>>
>>8289472
yeah Im not trans (though many claim I am since I have some degree of dysphoria and aversion to traits of my biological sex)
I'd probably be of those people who transition and detransition many times

ugh >>8289499
>>
>>8289570
>but they still classify them under the intersex umbrella

That sounds incorrect where is there a source claiming this?
>>
>>8289810
>That sounds incorrect
so what would you think they would be considered as being?
>>
>>8289817
HAVE YOU GOT ANY SOURCES TO BACK THIS UP?????

GIVE ME LINKS, WEBSITES ETC

>tfw when people try to doge your question
>>
>>8290283
I don't have a link, but people born without genitalia are considered intersex by the medical community. Your source will be medical reference books.
>>
>>8289570
>androgynous
Nobody can actually look fully androgynous. You can look questionable but there's no way to not appear male or female
>>
>>8291695
I'd agree because everybody automatically tries to classify everyone they see as male or female.
>>
>>8290730
Don't you mean people with ambiguous genitalia?

I couldn't find anything about anyone being born without genitalia and for the simple fact you couldn't provide me a link or some type of evidence, I am not going to believe you cause too many people like to pull the "well this is ACTUALLY what it is" but don't provide any sources of some sort or expect people to go on some witch hunt for this source but never find it because:
A) it doesn't exist
B) it's information that the person has misinterpreted

which results in nothing more than wasting peoples time.

If you want to prove me wrong and prove it's actually a real thing then YOU find this information in a medical reference books, take a photo of this information you have found in the book then upload it to here for me to see otherwise don't go wasting peoples time.

Ta ta
>>
I identified as nonbinary for about five years, but I stopped caring about the identity itself fairly recently. I'm obviously gender nonconforming and will say to use they/them pronouns if you ask me about it. I've experienced dysphoria in the past at certain periods of my life. I have no desire to transition physically. It is what it is. I'm one gay looking motherfucker and I'll be that way forever. It's just who I am.
>>
>>8295307
Your judgement about people who make claims and then expect you to search for the source is quite right.

In this case though lack of genitals does happen:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphallia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penile_agenesis_and_testicular_agenesis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonadal_dysgenesis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypogonadism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorchia
>>
>>8295458
Shrekt
>>
>>8295307
>born without genitalia
Thse are the ones I was remembering.
>nullo is male with no testis and dick.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penile_agenesis_and_testicular_agenesis
>aphallia is the female counterpart
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphallia
They are caused by different things going wrong.

The other three mentioned in >>8295458 have external genitalia.
>>
File: attentionseekingfaggot.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
attentionseekingfaggot.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
>>8283405
>>8283405
>>8283405
>>
>>8295526
I hope you aren't >>8290730
>>
>>8295558
They are all certain things going wrong and are forms of intersex.

Each has a different degree of lack of genitalia without having traits of the opposite sex.
>>
>>8295458
Thank you for the sources
>>
Can people who are born with normal genatalia be genderfluid? What differentiate their gender expression other than fashion?
>>
>>8297225
Yes. There are people who have both masculine and feminine programming in a more even balance than the typical mostly feminine or mostly masculine person has. It has long been know that for proper masculinization one needs to first be defeminized, then masculinization happens. If that defeminization doesn't happen fully or at all you end up with both in the person.
>>
>>8297334

> for proper masculinization one needs to first be defeminized

A CIS man who has feminene artibutes identify as a cis man, so is a cis man or a genderfluid? If he's not fully masculine so he's not a man?

The fuck
>>
>>8297371
His identity isn't for us to decide. Only he can make that choice. Most men are not fully masculine, and most women are not fully feminine. In fact most people find hyper masculine and hyper feminine people to be annoying.
>>
>>8291718
It's extremely hard not to. Unless you can't see someone's body shape or face, like if they wear a refrigerator box, then the brain automatically sees them as either a man or woman. It's like passing by a sign and automatically reading it without even noticing you looked at it
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.